Dry Wizard

Founded 2001 • With Angi since December 2009

3.4

3433 Lithia Pinecrest Rd

Valrico, FL 33596

Water Damage Restoration, Flood Damage Restoration, Mold Remediation, Chinese Dry Wall Redmediation, Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration, Complete Rebuilds, Mold Detection & Removal, Storm & Hurricane Restoration....

06/19/2015

Judy D.

08/04/2014

Teri G.

Because of water leaking all day from a pipe in the wall behind my kitchen sink, my bottom kitchen cabinets were damaged, as was the laminate flooring in my great room on the other side of the kitchen. The water also leaked into the master bedroom. The estimate to repair all damages was $15,471.52 minus my $2,500 deductible. I had a choice of getting a new floor or new kitchen cabinets, so I went with the latter. This was June 18, 2013. I did not realize at the time I signed the insurance claim papers that I was authorizing Dry Wizard to make the cabinet repairs, nor was I smart enough to check if they were even qualified to do so. They are a water damage cleanup business, and to my knowledge have no experience in carpentry, electrical work, or even contracting. I found that out the hard way. I don't even know the name of the company that made the cabinets. A man came over with the Dry Wizard people one day and made measurements. He said my cabinets would be made of ash. I chose a stain. I had two lights over my sink, and he suggested putting an arch there (which I agreed to) and putting crown molding at the top (which I also agreed to). I passed on soft-close doors because I was trying to save money, since I had to pay for the plumbing repairs out of my own pocket (they were not covered under my insurance policy and it cost almost $2,000 to have the water line rerouted through the attic to the washer and dryer). I wanted pull-out drawers in three of the bottom cabinets. I kept my existing countertops and sinks. I didn't hear back from anybody until the second week of August just when I was ready to go back to school (I teach high school English). Two guys came and installed the cabinets in two days. The cabinets are about an inch shallower than the originals, so some of my plates won't fit in them. I just assumed the dimensions would be the same. They also miscalculated the molding (didn't make it long enough), so he had to cut two pieces and fit them together) and it looks tacky. The cabinet over the sink and the one next to it aren't bolted together right, so there is a gap there. Some of the ends had finishing pieces (I don't know what you call them but it's like quarter-round) and some of them didn't, and the stain was really sloppy. There were no lights over the sink. The doors seem really flimsy and they slam and make a horrible racket even though there are rubber knobs on them. There is only one pull-out drawer in each bottom cabinet; it's in the middle of the cabinet. What good is one pull-out drawer if there isn't another one underneath it? They didn't vent my stove, and when they put the microwave back in, it didn't work. The first time I washed the cabinets, some of the stain came off, and I don't have any more. They didn't stain the bottom of the cabinets. After the carpenters left, I never heard from them again, so I had to make up a list of things to do and give them to Dry Wizard. Caleb Suszko would come and look things over and say stuff like, "Some hanging lights would look really nice over the sink," and then the Dry Wizard workers would come back from a department store with some cheap tube light. Let's start with the light over the sink. When the cabinetmaker put the arch in, he made the cabinet quite a bit shorter than it had been before, so the new light was much higher (at least a foot). There was a foot-long gouge in the drywall (from the cord) that was so ineptly patched that I think my pug could have done a better job. Then the fluorescent lights were just stuck in there with no cover over them. When I asked that a cover be placed over them--like it had been originally--they GLUED it in place. They couldn't explain why my microwave didn't work, so I had to buy a new one. When I asked them to install it, they said they were only obligated to install the one they took out. I finally got them to put the new one in, but they bolted it in crooked, so one side hung down lower than the other. Later, I had to hire a handyman to fix it and he told me the screws were stripped. I also had a garbage can in a pull-out rack next to the dishwasher. They threw it away, so I told them I wanted another one. They told me they didn't make them anymore. I had to buy another one myself--from the almost dozen available at a hardware store--but they installed it, although it was set back so far that I couldn't remove it, so that was another thing I had to have the handyman fix. When they put the dishwasher back in, they left half the insulation hanging out the side, and the door is broken on the right side. It got to be ridiculous after a while. I would call, no one would call back. I would email. I would send pictures. I would be told I was asking for things that didn't need to be done. Caleb was sending Dry Wizard people to do the work, and they were telling me they were not qualified electricians or carpenters. I kept asking for invoices. I was ignored. The insurance check was made out to me and Dry Wizard and I finally wound up endorsing it because I didn't know what else to do. Do I have any recourse here? I feel like I got ripped off. Even though it is a year later, I am still angry, and on top of everything, I think my kitchen looks cheap.

Description of Work
Contract for new kitchen cabinets and repairs to kitchen and bedroom due to water leak.

Category custom cabinets,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

08/04/2014

Teri G.

I returned from work to find the kitchen flooded. The water had seeped under the wall into the bedroom. I thought the dishwasher had leaked, so I called Bill the Plumber. He said the dishwasher was fine, but a pipe in the wall behind the sink had a hole in it, and that was the source of the leak. He recommended Dry Wizard to clean up the water. The young man who came out that night, Jason Edwards, was very professional. He used four air movers for three days to dry out the kitchen cabinets and bedroom carpeting. I was happy with this part of their service. However, Dry Wizard made the repairs to my kitchen, and that is a whole other story, so see my OTHER review.

Description of Work
Cleaned up after a leak in the kitchen.

06/17/2013

Fred N.

Started job right after contract signed. Actual guys doing the work were a little messy, the job came out well. The supervisor for Drywizard did a great job. He made sure the final job was done as promised. I would use the service again.

Description of Work
Dry walled my mobile home walls and ceilings.

05/30/2013

Kim P.

The company was recommended by the plumbing company doing the repipe of the sewer lines. The first Manager, Shanon priced out the work and assured us that it would be covered by insurance. The owner Joe spoke to myself and my mother and again assured us that this project would be covered by insurance.(So far no check from the insurance company to reimburse the costs). We agreed on a plan and timeline. The gentlemen that prepared the house for the removal of the pipes did a great job, by removing carpet, closing off rooms with plastic walls with zippers. Once the new sewer pipes were installed, Dry Wizard began their work. The first workman was nice, but not experienced as his work in the first bathroom was ripped out. The new workers were polite and nice, but we found that we had to call back for tiles which were popping up (and they are still popping up), thresholds installed with cracks, drains installed crooked, tile not level and grout which is loose. These young men worked very hard but there was not a supervisor teaching them as far as I could see. The cabinets that were installed had unfinished inside wood, this is not what we understood would be installed. We did have a meeting with the supervisor Matt, but no changes were made to the cabinets. The workers have been there several times to repair items but at this point we are frustrated and just don't want them back. We made a decision to have the carpet installed by a professional carpet dealer.

Description of Work
Prep home for repipe, Redo bathrooms and tile and carpet. The work was started the June 5th. We were not able to live in the house for five weeks.

Category plumbing

01/06/2012

Maurice R.

I was pleased with the work that was completed. The workers were very friendly and kept me informed on what they were doing. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I had some water damage and they ripped out a closet and the carpet. They had to put up new walls in the closet, install new carpet, and paint.

11/12/2011

Fred G.

They arrived at approximately 3AM in the morning. They went to work as soon as they arrived. They moved all of the furniture to areas where the water had not gotten to. They left fans blowing through out the house to dry out the water. The next day they said the water was not gone so they left the loud blowers until Monday morning when they collected them. It was at that time they asked for the $1000 deductable which they did not get. It was later when the insurance adjuster notified us that they were twice the normal cost. Overall I do not recommend them for a one time usage at twice the price.

Description of Work
I had a water leak under the kitchen sink. Although they responded quickly and were responsive in their work, I cannot give them a higher grade since their cost was twice what other water specialists charge. They removed carpet and floor boards for about half of the house.

Category water damage restoration,drain cleaning

12/02/2009

Emily W.

I wouldn't say I liked them that much. There was a leak in my kitchen sink and it caused water damage to my cabinets and dry wall damage. Dry Wizard worked with my insurance company, but they seemed quick to want money then it took them a month to complete the work. I had to contact them to set up all the times for them to come over and do the repairs. I made the mistake of giving them the check for $4500 all up front. I didn't shop around so I don't know if it the price was good or bad. I just went with the company that was recommended to me, but I probably wouldn't use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Dry Wizard did some repairs for me after I had water damage to my cabinets and dry wall.

Category drain cleaning

USA Construction & Mold Remediation Service, LLC

USA CONST. & MOLD REMEDIATION SERVICE is a mold remediation service, located in the Tampa bay metropolitan area. We specialize in mold removal and full home restorations. If you believe that your home is being attacked by mold, we can help. After an initial inspection, we can begin the removal process and get your home back to its original state. We promise to get it done quickly and efficiently. IICRC Water removal,Dry out.

Flood Pros USA - Tampa

When it comes to restoring homes following a flood, fire, or other disasters, few restoration companies are as committed to their customers as Flood Pros USA. Since 2015, we’ve been providing homeowners and businesses with professional water, fire, and smoke restoration services and mold remediation in order to help them return to their properties and daily routines as quickly as possible. We offer free inspections to ensure that they’re getting the services that they need to remedy their damage issues. We’re proud to say that we are dedicated to taking care of our customers and building trust and understanding.

Offers by Flood Pros USA - Tampa on Angi
    Restoration 1 of Tampa Bay

At Restoration 1, we understand that the people we work with are going through a stressful and emotionally difficult time. Because of this, we strive to provide caring and courteous support, upfront communication, and effective services to our customers. We handle water damage, fire cleanup, smoke odor removal, mold remediation and any other services needed to restore your home or business. Our reputation for fast responses, unparalleled quality, and uninhibited commitment has contributed to our growth as a company throughout the United States. We understand that the need for property restoration services can come at the most unexpected times, which is why we are always ready to help! Restoration 1 aims to exceed the expectations of every customer we work with and restore their property to its pre-damage state. You can never guess when a disaster will happen to your property. We recommend storing our contact information in your phone, so you may reach us at any hour when a flood, fire, or mold infestation occurs. Our solid reputation ensures that no matter the situation, we’ll get the job done right the first time. Should a disaster ever occur in your home or business, find the closest Restoration 1 for unbeatable service. We guarantee you’ll be satisfied with the work provided!

Ask for details.