Belspeed Appliance

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2007

7011 Yule Ln

Tampa, FL 33637

Major appliance and HVAC repair, washers, dryers, dishwashers, refridgerators, ranges, wall ovens, microwaves & central air conditioners....

05/22/2020

Douglas B.

Phenomenal is the only word I can say about our whole experience with Stephen. I called two other Angies List Appliance Repair Companies to no avail within 4 hrs. I called Stephen, he asked what the problem was, I told him the Code Reading and he replied "More than likely the Motor Fan...common in Kenmore/LG Refrigerators." He told me an approximate price, said he could be at our home within an hour...(He was 28 miles away.) Within 75 min. of arrival, he had the refrigerator back in operating order! I was immensely pleased with Stephen's professional demeanor and rapid resolving a significant problem that could have cost us everything in the Fridge and Freezer. AAA+ job Stephen! We'll have him back for sure should we necessitate appliance or A/C work in the future!

Description of Work
Refrigerator Smart Panel reflecting ER-CF code essentially causing water/ice dispenser & Refrigerator fan to cut off intermittently.

05/07/2018

Marcia M.

He was very polite, knowledgeable, honest and he did not charge me. He just said that it would cost more to fix it then to buy a new refrigerator.

Description of Work
My refrigerator wasn't cooling so he examined the refrigerator in my garage. He said the motor was about to go.

05/10/2017

Cheryl H.

Stephen has repaired appliances for me several times now over a number of years. He is accessible, personable, effective, fair, and trustworthy. I especially appreciate that he's happy to explain to me what he's doing, how the machine works, and how to fix and maintain things myself. I'll happily keep hiring him when needed.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair. The freezer was cold but not the fridge. A broken thermostat had stopped the evaporator fan from running; as a result, ice built up and blocked the vents that carry the cold air from the freezer to the fridge.

01/18/2017

Tiffany S.

Everything was great! Stephen came out and diagnosed the dishwasher as dead and recommended a new one. After it was purchased and delivered, he came back out and installed the new dishwasher and hauled the old one away. He also fixed an issue with the fridge and changed out our washer hoses. A++ would hire again

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

11/03/2016

George H.

Stephen came out the same day and thoroughly flushed out the clogged line. He was knowledgeable and pleasant and I would not hesitate to call him again for appliance repair.

Description of Work
Dish washer wouldn't drain

07/19/2016

Pamela L.

The service we received from Stephen of Belspeed AC & Appliance for the repair of our Bosch washing machine was exemplary. He performed a phone triage to get an idea of the issue and determined the best intervention, which included cost and time. Stephen ordered the parts based on the information obtained. He stated that we would not be charged for the part if it was not correct. Stephen had the part within days and was able to schedule a visit within the week of the initial call. The part was correct, service was friendly, timely, neat and skillful. The cost was affordable and greatly below quotes from other repair shops, especially for a Bosch washing machine. I highly recommend his service and have to both family and friends.

Description of Work
Repair of Bosch Washing Machine; needed a drain pump

04/30/2016

Lynda B.

The provider came to repair dishwasher. The provider was honest and stated it would not be worth the money to repair dishwasher that I was better off buying a new dishwasher. The dishwasher is old. The provider came from Tampa to Plant City and he did not even charge me a service charge. I will be using the provider again when I need an appliance repair because he was very honest. I believe provider also does a/c repairs so I will remember that too.

Description of Work
Came to repair dishwasher

Category small appliance repair

01/11/2016

keri B.

I called and ask if someone could come out and look at my washer. The gentleman was very nice on the phone and came out a couple of hours later when we said. He asked me what it was doing, looked at it. and knew what it was in less than 5 min. He didn't have the part he needed and had to order it. But was back later that day with it, put it in. and now its working great again. THANK YOU BELSPEED APPLIANCE. I would also like to say that the man that came out was very professional, and polite. I hope nothing else breaks down but if it does I know who I will call.

Description of Work
washer repair

12/01/2015

STEVEN S.

I was having trouble with my washer, so I called Steven at Belspeed Appliance Repair because I've used him in the past and I consider him trustworthy. We scheduled a time for him to come out and assess the issue. He came out at the arranged time and quickly determined that there was a problem with the pump. He replaced the pump in a matter of minutes and then discovered that the problem was more extensive (the washer's motor was actually seized). He did not have a compatible pump in stock, so he left my house and told me he would check into the price of a replacement pump. After searching for a replacement p***, he determined that it would be fairly expensive. He called me on the phone to tell me about what he had found regarding the price of the pump, and he advised me that based on the age and make of the washer, he felt that I would be best served by buying another washer rather than sinking any significant money into this older washer. I totally appreciated Steven's honest assessment of the situation. He could have simply replaced the pump and I would have paid for it, because I trust his judgment. Since he advised me that it wasn't worth it to fix the washer, I asked him how much I owed him for the service call and the pump replacement, but he told me that he wasn't going to charge me anything. I was shocked! He spent his time on this and traveled to me home to work on the problem and in the end he didn't even charge me a dime! I asked him for a recommendation on which styles and brands of washers I should purchase, and based on what he told me we went out and found a great deal on a brand new Whirlpool Duet washer that is among the highest-rated washers on the market. When so many people are only out to make a buck, it is a great feeling to deal with someone that you know you can trust not to rip you off. This is exactly why I will always use Belspeed when I have a problem with any of my appliances.

Description of Work
Replaced pump in washing machine

01/02/2015

EDWARD & VELMA W.

I didn't think very highly of him. He didn't clean the dryer vents out correctly and we are having issues with the dryer again. The price was alright, but the work was sloppy and I feel he should have checked out the dryer a little better.

Description of Work
Belspeed came out to service our dryer.

07/21/2014

Diane F.

Great service,even waited while I came home from my Dr. Appointment. Dryer runs like new. Knew what was wrong over phone,so came with replacement parts,only one visit. Will definitely be calling him again for other repairs.

Description of Work
Replaced dryer belt and pullies on duet dryer

05/23/2014

STEVEN S.

He is awesome. We found him through Angie's List and we fall in love with him. We like him so much. He is like really kind and helpful. He knew exactly what was wrong and how much it will cost. He is so sweet. He really really is.

Description of Work
Appliances is Belspeed Appliances. They repaired washing machine and dryer.

02/24/2014

Anne C.

Excellent work and service going above and beyond for us i.e., doing what could be considered and quot;handy guyand quot; things. On the cooktop replacement, he had to customize the length of the wires and had to shave a little off the drawer sides underneath the cooktop to allow for the wiring. The new cooktop had some very rough corners and he sanded them down so we wouldn't cut ourselves. On both occasions, he came in and moved from task to task quickly and efficiently. Excellent provider and reasonably priced. He works alone and is quite flexible with work hours. I'm not prone to high praise but he has my highest recommendation and I will definitely use his services again!

Description of Work
First visit was approx. Oct 2013 to replace a cooktop. Excellent job. Responsive, on time, efficient, thorough, pleasant, cleans up and takes away used appliance - cost was $80. Second visit 1/30/2014 to replace control box for water sprinkler. He also replaced fluorescent light fixture in hallway pantry which was hard wired. We thought he would have to drill hole in wall to have access to an outlet behind our refrigerator but instead he suggested and installed an outlet to accommodate the plug. We can now use the toggle switch on the unit or the one installed under a shelf which was part of the original hard wire. We can also add another small fixture ourselves if we want to add a second small light fixture. He replaced 8 fluorescent bulbs in large overhead fixtures in the garage, replaced water purifier for our frig water & ice and fixed a leaky faucet.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

02/13/2014

Carolyn B.

Steve was the BEST appliance service repair person I have ever met! He was punctual, professional and particularly patient in light of all my questions and concerns. I will call Steve in the future for any and all appliance repair needs!

Description of Work
Steve fixed my fridge's ice maker.

02/05/2014

STEVEN S.

My dryer broke down (it stopped getting hot) but I let it go because I have a clothesline that I can use to hang my clothes to dry. Several months later my washer broke down with a load ot towels inside. The water was coming in very slowly. It started to wash, then stopped and wouldn't drain at all. So I had to pull the wet towels out and leave the tub full of water. I called Belspeed Appliance on Tuesday afternoon and spoke to Stephen. He was very courteous and offered to come and check out the appliances the very next day. We set up an appointment at 1:00 PM. I asked him if I needed to bail the water out of the washer before he arrived, but he told me not to worry about it, he would take care of it. I thought that was nice. So Wednesday came and about 12:45 Stephen called to let me know he was on the way to my house, but would probably be a few minutes late. I thought it was very courteous of him to call and let me know, I've had other service people just show up late without a call before. Anyhow, I don't know all the ins and outs of the repairs, but within an hour and a half both the washer and dryer were repaired and working like new! The dryer got nice and hot right away, and the washer drained immediately and the washer's cycle worked exactly as it should. Stephen explained that he replaced one part in the dryer and two parts in the washer. Not only did he fix the washer and dryer, but he also took the time to sweep out my washroom, getting rid of all the lint and dust and other material that was under and behind the two machines! Excellent service. I highly recommend Stephen and Belspeed Appliance.

Description of Work
Repaired broken washer and dryer.

01/25/2014

JOYCE Q.

me the clogged drain filter. It was filled with a button and three and quot;color grabbingand quot; sheets that had escaped from the load of clothes. Based on the color of the sheets, the sheets had been in the filter for a long time. The washer worked fine and immediately. I will no longer use the and quot;color grabbingand quot; sheets. The repair owner gave me some educational tips for the washer. It took about an hour for the problem to be resolved. The owner was extremely polite, punctual (he called as he traveled to advise me of his arrival), knowledgeable, reasonably priced and my future and quot;go toand quot; repair business.

Description of Work
Our 7 yr old Frigidaire front load washer would not spin or drain a load of clothes. I took out the wet clothes and began calling appliance repair services. This was a Saturday afternoon. After consulting Angie's List, I called3 companies but they were either closed or could not come until Monday. I called Belspeed AC and Appliance Service and immediately talked with the owner. He was happy to come to our home within the next hour after I explained the problem. I told him the washer operating manual suggested the problem was the mother board. When the owner arrived he emptied the water and inspected the machine. He turned over the washer and proceeded to inspect. Based on the component design, getting to the drain filter was time consuming. However, he was successful and showed

01/21/2014

Betty S.

I live in Ohio and my daughter is in Florida - she is disabled- so I make most of her phone calls for her. Found this gentleman on Angies List and he had good reviews so I called him for her. Her washing machine was leaking water and vibrating. He was headed home but made a stop at my daughters house. He knew instantly what the problem was - said he'd fixed a few with the same problem. It would cost $350 to fix it. He advised her that the problem would probably return and said maybe she should just get a different washing machine instead of putting money in the one she had. And he didn't even charge her the $30 service fee. Told her to call if she decides to do repair. It's so nice to have a decent, honest serviceman. We'll be keeping his phone number for future repairs. Very nice guy.

Description of Work
Checked washing machine that was leaking

12/10/2013

mary S.

He brought one element out Did not like the way it fit. Brought another one out, the day before thanksgiving . Double checked to be sure it worked correctly. great service.

Description of Work
Replaced the element in my very old tappan oven . I do not wany to replace it because of its convenience.

11/25/2013

W J D.

Steve arrived on time, went straight to work and fixed the problem quickly. He was courteous, organized and professional...exactly what you want from this sort of service. This is the second time we've used Belspeed. I have the highest regard for his work and pricing.

Description of Work
Performed a diagnosis and subsequently replaced a thermostat.

11/02/2013

Maria K.

I called for service because my refrigerator stopped cooling. I clled another provider on Angie's list and they said they could see meon em . My food would be all destroyed by Monday and I would lose a day of work. I told them, and quot;Thank you but no thank you.and quot; I looked at the list again and found someone in my zip code, Belspeed. They were there within 20 minutes. he quickly found a faulty part, and even fixed my ice maker which had not been working in over a year. The service call was only $60, plus the parts. I was pleased, to say the least!!

Description of Work
Repaired my GE refrigerator on a Saturday

10/20/2013

Robert D B.

Ordered replacement part, returned, installed, ensured correct operation of oven. Professional advice on the longevity and overall condition of the oven. Very knowledgeable, as we discussed gas oven operations.

Description of Work
Replace gas regulator in gas oven and service surface burners.

09/30/2013

Nancy O.

Reached the tech Steve right away, and he was able to come out within 2 hours to check out my washer. It was not draining the water out. I thought it as the pump, but ended up being the clutch to the motor. Steve was able to get the part and install it the following day. He is courteous and professional. Steve apologized that the part was a bit high in cost, but the washer is a high end model and a few years old. I like the model very much, so opted to repair.

Description of Work
Repair Clothes Washer motor.

07/09/2013

James G S.

He was personable and on time. He called prior to arriving and a nice person. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Belspeed Appliance did a refrigerator repair.

07/06/2013

ALEXA F.

He was unable to do the repair, but provided us with excellent advice. I would call him again and recommend him.

Description of Work
Came out on a Saturday to do a repair

06/20/2013

Alexis F.

He diagnosed the problem mmediately. He returned the next day (even a bit early) and installed the part quickly He (as a prior customer stated) imparts a great deal of helpful information for future care suggestions Also answered questions I asked on other items he repairs. Very professional ,very knowledgable and very reasonable!

Description of Work
He repaired my Washing machine .