Frame Station & Gallery

Founded 1979 • With Angi since April 2005

1155 PASADENA AVE S K

Saint Petersburg, FL 33707

Custom Picture Framing using the best quality materials at the lowest prices. We're a self contained business. YOUR ARTWORK DOES NOT LEAVE OUR STORE. We've stayed in business for 32 years by offering quality and value....

08/05/2016

Albert Z.

Things went well. Dan, the proprietor, was very helpful in frame and mat selection. Turnaround time was about 10 days.

Description of Work
Matting and framing of three original watercolors.

Thank you.

09/04/2015

Diane D.

Description of Work
Is framing, generally speaking, dramatically overpriced? Yes. That said, Dan does excellent work at prices comparable to other stores of similar quality. You just can't get this kind of work done for less money - especially when you consider the coupon Dan offers via Angie's List. His store, and some of the projects he takes on (he was working on double-framing an enormous, beautiful poster when I went to pick up), are pretty d*** cool. | |Sure - I've developed a generalized hatred towards the framing industry. But that's because I'm cheap. I'll nonetheless be driving 30 minutes each way to Dan's store any time I need something professionally framed. He's that good. | |Highly recommend.

Category picture framing

Thanks for taking the time to express your appreciation [member name removed]. You can see that piece that I was working on in my web page (or Facebook) @ [hyperlink removed]

12/18/2014

Maura H.

Description of Work
I am in the art business, so framing is very important to me, both in terms of appearance and conservation. Frame Station is consistently excellent on all counts, and have probably used them for more than 20 pieces . Have recommended to my family (who now also uses Frame Station) and all my friends.

Category picture framing

Very much appreciated, thank you.

06/20/2014

Lori R.

Dan was very easy to work with. He had good suggestions and the quality of his work was wonderful. Very personable and friendly guy. Felt very comfortable and was extremely pleased with his work. Will definently bring more things to him again!!

Description of Work
We brought in about 10 things to have framed or fixed. Many pieces had broken frames or glass. Some needed to be framed.

Thank you.

02/09/2014

Lois B.

Description of Work
They reframed a picture to match another picture and did a great job!

Thank you very much.

01/26/2014

Ligia P.

Excellent service, very professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Framed large pictures for our office.

Category picture framing

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do appreciate it.

10/14/2013

Lori R.

The quality was exceptional. Professional job, and the fine details were covered. Highly impressed by the work. The owner is extremely friendly and is a joy to work with. We will highly recommend this framing shop to friends. We will look around our home for more pieces to frame or re-frame.

Description of Work
Replaced several broken glass pieces in large frames. Framed a piece of stichery.

Thank you so much.

08/22/2013

Alice-Marie K.

Took 2 large photographs for framing. Needed color coordinated frames and matting. Met Dan Mc Aleese, owner who took considerable effort in providing multiple matting color coordinations, as well as discussion of where photos to be hung and wall colors. The frames were overwhelming in choices, but Dan patiently selected multiple alternatives and provided time for selection without any attempt to hurry process. Promised a 7-10 day delivery and came in a day early. Very pleased with both items and they look just as I hoped on my walls. Definitely recommend for future use myself and to friends.

Description of Work
Framed 2 large photographs.

Category picture framing, muralist

Thank you very much. It is always a thrill to be complimented by a new customer. The amount though should read $379.67

04/08/2013

NANCY M.

I thought the price was somewhat too high. The shop owner was very attentive and conscientious. It was properly rewired and sealed in the back. He did do a very good job.

Description of Work
They double matted and reframed a large print.

12/30/2012

Janet W.

They were helpful, courteous, prompt, pleasant. An excellent experience.

Description of Work
I had four front pages from newspapers framed.

Many thanks.

11/26/2012

VICTORIA D.

They do extremely nice work. The cost is a little high but the work is very good.

Description of Work
They framed 5 pictures.

Category picture framing

Thank you Member. I remember your beautiful japanese prints.I used only the best acid free mats along with UV protective glass to preserve and protect them. Happy holidays to you.

11/26/2012

Scott C.

We have used them several times and they are a terrific company. They are extremely good at making recommendations to make the best of your project. They are really good at what they do, I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They matted and framed a picture for us.

Category picture framing

Thanks guys, hope you enjoyed the Derby.

11/21/2012

van B.

They were great. I have gone to them for years and they are very good about picking out frames and borders. They give great advice and just do an awesome job. The cost is pricey but it is well worth the cost.

Description of Work
I had a picture that I had ordered over the internet with no frame and they helped with the frame and the matting of the picture.

Category picture framing

Thanks so much. You don't see too many Gyotakus about. I hope your friend liked it, it was a pretty unique gift.

10/22/2012

Randall T.

This is the third time we've had custom work done by the shop (All A's the first two times). Dan is very attentive and helpful in the frame selection process (multiple options at different price levels). He is very cooperative during the entire process and provides the finished product on or before the delivery date. He does high quality work and we're very happy with each and every piece (over 10 now - largest 36" X 48" and smallest 6"X 8"). We already have plans for future work with him.

Description of Work
Custom frame beveled mirror approx 24"X24".

Category picture framing

Thank you so much. I look forward to taking care of your framing needs again in the future.

09/09/2012

Derek S.

I had several professional diplomas and certificates which I wanted to frame sandwiched between 2 glass panes so that they appear to 'float" in the frame with only transparent glass between the outer edge of the certificate and mat and the edge of the frame. Dan was patient, professional and very knowledgeable is listening to what i wanted and helping identify suitable mating, frames and glass for the job. In completing the project, Dan also found creative ways to adapt his installation using the less than ideal design of the frames selected to effectively minimized visibility of the frame's unfinished interior surface through the transparency of glass around the frame's interior edges. He worked very quickly, gave a good price for the work done and even replaced some broken glass on a small framed print at no additional charge from his inventory of glass cut-offs. I'll definately use him again and would highly recommend him for any framing project you may have.

Description of Work
Unique, non-traditional custom diploma and certificate framing project.

Category picture framing

It was a challenge that I was glad to undertake and I too was pleased with the outcome. I thank you for taking the time to write your review.

04/17/2010

MICHELLE V.

Exceptionally well. Mr.Jack Horner has owned his shop for over 30 years and he has a very unique set-up in his shop for helping you pick out the framing materials. He has a large angled mirror hung over the counter so that you may view your art in the mirror while he places different framing and matte choices on your art. It allows you to get a better feel for what the final product will look like when hung on the wall by giving you a perspective of distance. Also, the shop has big windows and there is a lot of natural light. But more importantly, Jack was exceptionally patient in spending what may have been over an hour trying out different combos of mattes and frames until I found something that I felt comfortable with. He didn't try to oversell at all. My finished piece came out beautifully done and I feel I got a quality product. When I asked him what he offered vs. the typical mega store craft/framing shops he explained that he purchases better quality materials (mattes, frames, etc) and can usually do the work for a better price. While I didn't have any other estimates to compare to I have had other art framed and I'd say his prices were right in line and his quality of workmanship was excellent as were his customer service skills. A very nice man.

Description of Work
Poster print double matted and custom framed with archival glass

Category picture framing

I did sell to some one as committed as myself. I am confident Dan will take care of all your future needs.

01/01/2009

Andre L.

When we brought in the items to be framed, the owner, Jack, took the better part of 2 hours to work with us to find the perfect frame for each one of them then provided pricing which was within our budget and promised to have it all done within two weeks. As it turned out, several pieces were ready before that and Jack called to let us know so we could hang them in our new home. The whole experience was fantastic. Thank you so much, Angie's list for allowing us to discover the Frame Station and its wonderful owner, Jack Horner.

Description of Work
Jack framed one picture and six painting for us.

05/03/2006

COLLEEN G.

I was very impressed with their prices, attention to detail and customer service. I will never need to look for a framer again!

Description of Work
I had an expensive piece of artwork that was falling apart on the back of the frame. I called for an estimate and they offered to fix it while I waited. It was repaired at the estimated cost of $35 and looks great.

04/05/2005

GLORY M.

THEY ALWAYS HAVE GREAT IDEAS FOR MATTING AND FRAMING. THEIR SELECTION IS GREAT AND THEY WILL WORK WITHIN YOUR BUDGET. I HAVE ALWAYS FELT WELCOME, AND THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY.

Description of Work
I HAVE TAKEN SEVERAL PIECES OF ART TO BE MATTED AND FRAMED AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED.