We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

A1 Windows & Doors

Founded 1977 • With Angi since November 2002

701 77th Ave N #55067

Saint Petersburg, FL 33732

A1 Windows & Doors is an owner-operated, employee-owned business that's been satisfying customers since 1977. We strive to provide every client with the best product at the best price. Trust your home to A1 Windows & Door. Windows from A1 are expertly designed and skillfully manufactured to provide you with cost-saving energy efficiency, exceptional safety and security, greater comfort and remarkable beauty! These products are made with strong, premium-grade materials that can help keep out intruders and offer hurricane protection. They require practically no maintenance and will look as beautiful and work as well decades from now as the day they were installed in your home....

08/29/2021

Patricia S.

I read all the really positive reviews and called A1 windows anticipating that they would be the company to install our hurricane impact windows. However, I ran into a disappointment that I definitely was not expecting. This review has nothing to do with the company’s products or installation; HOWEVER, it has to do with the salesman, Jim D. The initial visit with Jim was positive. Unfortunately, when we were researching addresses of past work done by the company, we were definitely disappointed. The problem was we were unable to view any past work completed by A1 windows. A bigger concern was Jim’s attitude observed by my husband and I while on speaker phone the day we went to find a building that had A1 windows installed. We called him to confirm an address he gave us regarding hurricane impact windows because we could not find the building. He proceeded to tell us the club house was closed on Sunday. We understood that most places would not be open on the weekends but we just wanted to drive by and observe the windows, nothing else. We work during the week so the weekends are the only time we had available. Since he was not able to help us find the building (club house) he had previously recommended we ask for other companies or residents we could just drive by and look at their windows. Jim responded with there were no other places he could provide to us and displayed an unprofessional attitude. We remember vividly his respond when I ask him about other companies or homes we could drive by. Jim stated, “we were not a good fit for this company” and then he hung up. We really do not believe a sizable financial investment can be justified by poor quality salesmanship on the part of A1windows.

Description of Work
Hurricane Impact Windows

Category egress windows

It is unfortunate we were not able to meet this customer's needs. In the world we live in today, we no longer give out personal home addresses of our past customers. We have been given feedback that past customers do not want folks driving by their homes unannounced. In the meeting at this customer's home, we explained we have done a couple non-residential buildings that would be appropriate to drive by. We have been in business since 1977 and have a multitude of online reviews to view on the installer's work. Full-sized samples were brought to the customer's home during the initial appointment for the customer to view. The customer requested home/business addresses via email after our appointment. We specialize in residential replacement and therefore do not have commercial business projects to view. It was reiterated why we do not share home addresses and instead, 2 local addresses of finished work and 1 of upcoming work on non-residential buildings were shared for the customer to view. We then received a call on a Sunday requesting to get the customer in to view a clubhouse in a gated community. The clubhouse is closed on Sundays and we were not able to assist them. If we were given notice the customer was coming, we would have been able to set something up. Unfortunately, we were not given any notice. We understand wanting to see past work, which is why we provided the non-residential addresses. However, it is very important to us to respect the privacy of our past customers. We do believe the quality of the installer's work is shown in customer reviews over the last 40+ years of business. We wish this customer all the best in their window replacement project.

02/22/2021

Amy L.

Excellent. The sales pitch was not pushy, and the salesman, administrators, and installers, worked very well together as a team. The job was not messy as I'd envisioned; the installers were orderly and cleaned up well. The final work surpassed my expectations, the windows are great, and are an improvement over the old windows are as described. (Filtering bright sunlight, reducing noise, easy to use, etc.). Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
All windows replaced in three bedroom home

02/11/2021

Jon R.

Great team effort, worth the small premium to get high quality service.

Description of Work
Patio Doors and windows

02/08/2021

jared D.

From start to finish the experience was professional and efficient. Great response time to any questions I had prior to install and when it was time for install, the guys were great! Very courteous and polite. Quality of the work and the materials is outstanding. Not a single issue with any of the doors they changed, which is harder than it seems! I would recommend these guys to anyone looking for an easy no hassle window or door job. Fair pricing for great work!

Description of Work
Exterior Door changeout

02/06/2021

JoAnn M.

I took a photo of the windows & measurements & submitted all of that online to A1 Windows & Doors. They gave me a price & I agreed to an in person estimate & measurement. I signed their agreement & put 1/2 of the estimate down & my windows were ordered on October 9, 2020 , and were installed November 23, 2020. The installers were on time & were clean, courteous & professional. They totally cleaned up everything, and I cannot express how pleased i am with the finished product.

Description of Work
I had 4 original windows which were old, leaky & would not open & needed replaced.

Category egress windows, replacement windows

01/14/2021

Josh T.

I hired A1 Windows and Doors to replace our front door and 7 original windows in my 1920 house. The windows and doors are all great quality, installation was extremely smooth and quick and I had no issues with the entire process. From Jim giving a free, fully written estimate and providing useful tips on the sales side to Robin and Joe being honest and respectful on the service side, everything went great. I would highly recommend using A1 Windows and Doors for your next project. Josh T.

Description of Work
Windows and Door

Category egress windows, replacement windows, doors

12/11/2020

christopher E.

A1 was terrific! They communicated all the information well. Always were on time and the installers were very pleasant and willing to answer any questions I had. I would not hesitate to recommend this company. The sales person was great and the estimate on the windows was clear and understandable. The windows are great and the process was easy!

Description of Work
New windows installed.

09/15/2020

Ed I.

The repairman arrived on time as scheduled, assessed the situation, gave me a fair price, and performed the work on the spot. The work is flawless.

Description of Work
I thought I needed an expensive exterior door repair. The repairman gave me a less expensive option.

09/07/2020

Rick S.

Exceptional experience with A1. From the initial estimate and contract, timing of order, and office coordination; A-1 kept me informed and up to date right up until time for instillation. They were also very helpful with working with my HOA as well as permitting the job and professional installation.

Description of Work
All windows replaced and hurricane impact windows installed, as well as steel reinforced door.

09/07/2020

We had 17 windows replaced. The installers were professional,efficient and courteous. The job was completed in 3 days. Office manager, Robin, kept us informed from manufacturing to scheduling and was in contact with us throughout the process. When completed, the cleanup was perfect. we would highly recommend A1 Windows.mary and john petko palm harbor fl

Description of Work
Replace windows

09/06/2020

RALPH S.

A1 crew was very professional and was safety conscious in this time of Covid-19. The job went well and they actually finished a day ahead of time.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and put accordian shutters on doors and sliders

Category replacement windows, hurricane shutters

09/05/2020

Andrew C.

Went great and was a great experience from the sales man to the installation. The salesman wasn’t pushy, didn’t try to up sell us but listened to our needs and reasons for updating. We replaced all our windows that were the original 40 year old aluminum single pane, the original sliding glass door, and had a storm door replaced with a solid door. The installation team was very professional, courteous, and the workmanship looks flawless.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows, sliding glass door, and one entry door.

Category egress windows, glass repair, replacement windows, doors

08/20/2020

Patti S.

Terrible!!! I should've paid more attention to some of the negative reviews. There's a pattern here people. I tried calling the office 3 times. No answer. Finally I submitted a request online for a rep to give me a quote on new front door. Jim sent me an email about requirements for window glass...obviously not for me because I wasn't interested in windows. Same day Jim sent me an email with door catalog attached and saying they could help with "my budget". I thought that was odd as I didn't request help with my finances. Next I called the office and was told by Melissa that they don't normally come in person to quote an exterior door, but they would assist with my budget. Again with the budget!!!! When I asked what the deal was with the budget, she basically explained such a small job wasn't really worth their time. I guess they are trying to "qualify" the customer or something. Little did they know I'm also buying new windows!! BUT certainty not from them.

Description of Work
Replace front door

Category doors

It was unfortunate we were not able to meet this Angie’s List member’s needs. Our company always sends out introductory information to provide the customer with as much upfront knowledge as possible. We sent this customer information on impact glass, as most homeowners in this area plan to replace an entry door with one containing impact glass. She had also indicated on her form that she was interested in replacement windows down the line, so this information seemed appropriate. She indicated on the phone that she did not want her windows looked at yet by a representative, which is fine by us, as we can always do projects in stages. Our company uses the word “budget” in the same way most companies use the word bid, estimate or proposal. It's just the verbiage we use and has no reference to the customer’s personal finances. In this case was not received as such, which is good feedback moving forward. Many homeowners appreciate the general information we send them, our ‘no-pressure’ approach and our willingness to provide bids/proposals/budgets electronically prior to our occupying their time in-person or if we’re unable to set an immediate appointment. It’s not uncommon for us to offer homeowners who are interested in entry doors an opportunity to look through our catalog and let us know which items they’d like priced before we arrive for our first appointment in the process/ relationship. Usually this is received well, but in this instance the homeowner was very unhappy with the option of receiving prices prior to an in-person appointment. When this was made known, an appointment was offered while on the phone (customer declined) and again by text message (without customer response). We wish this customer all the best in her entry door and window replacement endeavors.

08/20/2020

DEREK F.

After getting three quotes, two much higher than A1 and seemingly no more professional, I hired them to replace about 25 windows in my 30-year-old New Tampa Home. They were communicative, punctual and professional and I am very happy with the results. I'll have them back soon to replace the remaining windows and some of the doors.

Description of Work
Replace aging, leaking windows in my home

04/13/2020

Sam H.

Went very well. The communication was good .The installation crew was very experienced and worked as a team. They cleaned up and there were no problems at all.

Description of Work
Removed replaced my windows in my living room and kitchen

04/12/2020

Aicsa V.

I normally robot for reviews, however, I have so impressed with this company that I felt that needed to inform prospective clients because replacing is not a cheap endeavor and you want to make you are making wise decision. From the very beginning, the sales person who came to our home and Explained everything to us without the sales pressure. I was very impressed about how organize these guys were. they all knew what to do. Left the place clean. I must say Robin was my contact person and she was unbelievably professional. Very accommodating and kept us updated as to all steps leading to final installation. Even the county inspector who checked their work before Signing off was very impressed with the workmanship of the windows and installation which of course made us very happy. My husband and I will definitely recommend them to anyone who is ready to update their windows.

Description of Work
replaced windows.

04/11/2020

Bill H.

I had use Weather tight in the past and had to call them back many times, I would never use them again. I never had to call A1 back they did it right the first time. Clean and efficient OUTSTANDING! Any questions call me. Bill 813-546-6756

Description of Work
Replace all windows

04/11/2020

Naomi M.

Awesome!! Jim was polite and professional and the price was amazing! Installation was fast and the installers were courteous and efficient. Highly recommend this company!! Thanks!!

Description of Work
Sliding glass door

Category glass repair, doors

03/05/2020

Carolyn L.

Josh was the service person and he was fabulous. He arrived on schedule and was very thorough in explaining the problem. THANKS!

Description of Work
The lock on my sliding glass door was not functioning.

12/11/2019

Mona B.

Very responsive and honest. I requested a quote online and received a callback the next day. They reviewed the project details with me over the phone and recommended a different direction for me to consider given the type of work needed. I did not move forward with having them do the work but will most definitely keep them in mind for future work.

Description of Work
I had several windows that needed parts replaced.

12/04/2019

John P.

I spoke to Jim who walked me through different options. He discussed pricing, answered all my questions and did not make any attempt to steer me in any direction. I was very satisfied with the call and outcome. I will come back to Jim in the future when I need window replacement work done. Great service!

Description of Work
I had condensation on several windows in my home and was looking for a solution.

08/13/2019

Paul M.

We have a three story townhouse with 6 openings installed. Some of the challenges were a window that is 15' from floor to bottom of window, and one opening 10' tall by 4' wide (requiring multiple windows). We are very pleased with all work performed. The windows function great and look great. The price value proposition was better, we believe, than an alternative quote. There were challenges in that our property line is very close to the Pasadena Yacht Club golf course. Installation required the use of a "cherry picker." Getting this to the back of our unit proved a bit challenging (requiring a fence opening be created). The lift was also used in the front of the unit for the third floor openings. The crew chief (Joe) and office support (Robin) were superior to work with. Beaush and Collin were onsite and always clean, respectful of the property, and had a high standard of work quality. This is our second time we've used A1. We had windows installed 15 years ago at our prior residence.

Description of Work
Window Replacement

06/30/2019

John C.

We had one window fail a few years after installation. (Only one for an entire house installation) Jim Dell at A1 immediately replied to help us, even though the manufacturer was purchased by anoher company. Jim stood by his company and their service to arrange replacement.

Description of Work
Repair of compan installed window

06/25/2019

Susan M.

I hesitated to write this review, because my first few dealings with Jim went well, and I thought we had built a friendly rapport...however, I rely on reviews to decide whether or not to do business with someone, and I feel like it is only fair to others that I share my strange experience with Jim, who is the owner of A1. I called Jim and several other window companies at the beginning of April to give me estimates to replace all of my window and doors with hurricane resistant ones. Although Jim's estimate was higher than the others, he did a good job on selling me on the quality of his products and expertise on the installation. In early May I told him that I wanted to have him come out to finalize the order. He came out a second time toward the end of May and we spent several hours confirming all the details. There was some uncertainty about the best option to replace the front door and he was going to get back to me on that. This is when the problem started. Although he said he would get back to me the following day, it took 3-4 days and several follow up emails from me before he responded. I told him that I was anxious to get my order in because it takes 8-12 weeks before everything can be installed. He assured me the order could be completed that week. And then he stopped responding. I emailed him multiple times over the next week, and he did not respond at all. At this point we had been communicating via email for approximately two months, and he had been very prompt and responsive up until then. I could not understand why, when I was ready to submit a very large order, that we both had invested a lot of time in, he would completely stop communicating. I sent him one last email and and left a voicemail for him asking him to please contact me or I would assume he did not want our business. When I still did not hear from him, I called his office to be sure he was okay, because up until this point all of our interactions had been pleasant and friendly and I could not understand what would cause this sudden change. I spoke with his office staff who assured me that he was fine. When I explained what happened, she asked if I would like for him to call me. I said I would like to hear from him as to what happened...several minutes later she called me back, but Jim was unwilling to call me and offer any kind of explanation. I have no idea what happened; his extraordinary lack of professionalism is baffling. If he felt the job was too big, or for some other reason he did not want our business, it would have been nice to know that earlier on, rather than him needlessly wasting two months of my time. Fortunately I was able to find a very good alternative, who is able to provide the same product and level of expertise at a significantly lower price than what Jim quoted, and they are able to install my doors and windows in 5 weeks instead of 8-12 weeks. I am thankful I found out how Jim conducts business before I had given him a very large deposit. I would caution anyone that is considering using A1 to think twice. There are companies out there with a much better price for the exact same product, that do want your business.

Description of Work
Replace all windows and doors

02/25/2019

cathy K.

I was pleasantly surprised. Estimate was done in simple layman's terms. The office contacted me to keep me posted. I was expecting 3-4 months for the windows but it was about 4 weeks. Everyone from the salesman to the installers were professional and courteous. Have recommended them to others already.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 Big Picture Window

Precision Overhead Garage Door

You can rely on Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area to provide the type of service you would expect from a locally owned company; while enjoying the security that doing business with a National Franchise company can bring. Each owned & operated as an individual franchise. Our slogan is "We Fix Garage Doors Right"™ and we spend a lot of time defining and redefining what that means to us as a company and what it means to you as a consumer. This singular focus has led us to pioneer the industry standard warranty for garage door repair and a training program for technicians that is second to none in the garage door industry. Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area was opened in 2001 and proudly serves the West Florida. We are a full service garage door company specializing in Garage Door Repair, Replacement Garage Doors and repair of Garage Door Openers. 45 Trucks running days, evenings, weekends, with no extra charge for nights or weekends. Locally owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Precision Garage Door Service, Precision Garage Door, Rapp Operations, LLC, Precision Door, Precision Overhead Door. Additional phone numbers - (727) 556-0066, (727) 573-7968.

Friendly Garage Doors

Friendly is a premier garage door Company based in the Tampa Bay area specializing in repairing and servicing garage doors and openers. With 10 years experience in the field, we are committed to meet or exceed your expectations by providing quality products, professional repairs and a friendly, experienced staff.

Ridge Top Exteriors LLC

Our team members have the training and experience required to deliver top-notch home remodeling services. We answer your calls promptly, show up on schedule for all jobs and get the job done to specification at the first attempt. That is why we provide lifetime warranties on labor for all our projects. This has enabled us to develop an excellent reputation within the communities where we offer our services. Now, you can also enjoy the same commitment, dedication, professionalism and customer care when you call on us for roofing, siding, windows or gutters! When upgrading your home exteriors, we understand there are two things are that are important, a perfect installation and price! Ridge Top Exteriors is happy to offer both to homeowners like you.

Offers by Ridge Top Exteriors LLC on Angi

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    SCC131151373
    Florida
    Florida: General
    08/31/2024
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

We specialize in the replacement of exterior windows and doors (sliding glass doors, entry doors and swing doors). Installation jobs are handled by licensed contractors. AAMA Master installers on staff.

We do not handle interior doors, shower doors, car garage doors (only side garage doors) and mirrors.