Always Green Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since April 2005

401 Douglas Road E

Oldsmar, FL 34677

We are not the typical Household Pest Control or Lawn & Ornamental care company. We provide a better service experience through Service Excellence and by applying Best Quality Products. Driven by Peter & Dodi Eells and their vision of achieving lush, green and healthy results Our small local business - depends on your continued satisfaction for our livelihood Product testing/selection process - ensures Best Quality Products without guesswork Formulated treatment - fixes problems the first time and more cost effectively Well trained, skilled and experienced technicians - core of our Service Excellence Teamwork - best lawn & ornamental care by being smart about it New Indoor Pest Control - keeping bugs from entering by focusing on perimeter control Customer Corner and Invoices - easy to understand & helps us communicate.Always Green is Family Owned...

lawn treatment (570)pest control (306)lawn care (90)tree service (7)lawn & landscaping (4)irrigation system (3)

05/10/2022

DANIEL H.

I have used Always Green for several years now. Currently using them for pest control inside and outside home. I like how it is the same Technician (Andrew) who comes out when I call. Currently pest control is done on a quarterly basis. They are always professional and do a great job!

Description of Work
Pest Control Quarterly Treatment

Work Completed On 05/09/2022

01/28/2022

Patricia T.

It's great and they are always pleasant on the call. They come right out when you need them.

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 11/23/2021

11/20/2021

Richard A.

I wanted to post a good word about AG, specifically their supervisor Al. I was reluctant to use any lawn company based on some dealings with some very shady people. However, I have really bad seasonal fungus and was unable to control this myself. I have been using AG for a couple years. Recently Al showed up at my home. Frankly, I have no idea why he was here. I never complained about anything or escalated any issues. I suspect either AG proactively does this as routine customer service or the tech escalated a particularly bad fungus outbreak to him. Either way this reflects very good on the AG leadership. We discussed my issue. Al was very knowledgeable, professional and has a wonderful personality. He addressed my concern and I am very pleased how this whole situation was handled. Anyone reading this who has a lawn service must ask if they received similar proactive customer service. I am very impressed with this entire organization, and the way they conduct business. Thanks AG! Thanks Al ! Thanks Angie !!

Description of Work
Routine Lawn Care / Fungicide

Work Completed On 11/20/2021

04/23/2021

Carol P.

After just one treatment, Always Green annihilated the grass in my back yard. We called for service on 2/22, had our first spray on 2/23, and began to see dead grass days 2-3 days later. On 3/1 we called Colin, the sales rep, to report the dying grass (they are not open on the weekends). That call has sparked a two month long battle to have my yard restored to it's previous state. I was advised that someone would come out and inspect the damage some time during the week, I had to call numerous times for that to occur. I was told to give it to two weeks, and I did. Give it another two weeks, and I did. After sending an email threatening litigation, I was told that the company would come out and check the damage and they would measure for a re-sod. They came out and measured what it would take to re-sod, and quoted us $1600 worth of damage. Later that day, I receive an email stating that they will only "over-seed" my lawn and that is only if we remain a customer with them. After back and forth we agreed to the re-seed, in an effort to work with the company, and they were supposed to be out this week. I wrote them inquiring about a date, since today is Friday, and they told me maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. I also asked if they were going to prep the soil and add top soil during the re-seed or if they were going to pour seeds over my dead grass. I was told, by Colin, that he has no way of knowing and that he was only the go-between because the supervisor does not have a smart phone nor has email. I can't get one straight answer out of this company. After being told by their field tech, Omar, that the initial guy, Jacob, sprayed an incorrect mix of weed killer on my back yard, the company is now trying to back track and deny responsibility. I will let the photos speak for themselves, I caution anyone who uses this company.

Description of Work
LAWN MAINTENANCE

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

Review for Always Green Inc - 401 Douglas Road E, Oldsmar, FL - 39310177

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your constructive feedback. Our manager will be seeding today and we offered free service to get the lawn back in shape and keep it healthy. We wish you the best! Sincerely, Always Green

02/05/2021

Mary S.

After having this company do my lawn care for 8 months my lawn looked worse than before they started. Was out mowing my lawn and one of there managers was checking a neighbors lawn and came over and asked who was doing my lawn care because the lawn looked so bad. I told him your company! Horrible service

Description of Work
Lawn care needed

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed] Ann, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. In regards to our manager's comments, our entire staff is trained the same way. We always research each address prior to visiting any property. Account history, if any, helps to diagnose issues judging by past scenarios. If the manager acted on a whim and misspoke, we apologize. In regards to the lawn, your frequency was below our recommended service amount. The recommended is every 5-7 weeks or 9x a year. Overall turf health may be affected with lesser amounts. Frequencies are always explained in the very beginning of the process. We understand that customers may prefer lesser frequencies for various reasons in which case we offer a 6x a year plan, which is what your account reflected. That being said, the truck is at the property much less, which can be difficult when it comes to treatment/issues. The two most important factors in addition to chemicals are mowing and watering. Checking the irrigation at least once a month is crucial, as well as mowing at the highest setting. Mowing too low can cause a yard to thin out or die- regardless of chemicals. Over watering and under watering can cause weeds and fungus/discoloration. To help guide our customers throughout the year, we leave behind watering instructions specific to your lawn. Unfortunately, when we first started service, the lawn was experiencing fungus and weed issues. Damage caused by these issues can take months to recover, depending; especially if underlying conditions causing the problems do not change. As a family owned company, we fully intend to provide each customer with exceptional service. If any less is experienced, we will always do what we can to make things right. We consider maintaining a yard to be teamwork between the homeowner and us, as many factors are unrelated to chemicals. We wish you the best of luck and if there is anything we can do to change your overall experience, please contact our office. Sincerely, Always Green

08/04/2020

Matthew H.

Thought they did a great job with our pest control needs. Will be renewing with them.

Description of Work
Great pest control service

Category pest control,landscaping,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

Thank for for your feedback! We appreciate your business! Sincerely Always Green

06/05/2020

Christiaan G.

Contractor came out on six separate occasions. No noticable difference in pest infestation after that many treatments. Refuse to give a refund or allow prorated amount to be paid based on amount of services rendered as percentage of contract. If only they were half as good at killing bugs as they were collecting on bills, they might be good at their business. Sadly, they will never see another dime from me as they have been rude, and worse, 100% ineffective.

Description of Work
Pest remediation

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], We appreciate the feedback as it always helps us to improve internally. Due to COVID-19, Google did not allow reviews/responses from 12 weeks ago until now to show, thus why we are now responding. For your home, our technician baited and sprayed cabinets, desks, baseboards, under the stove and the top of dishwasher, etc. on multiple visits. These baits are commercial baits and can not be sold over the counter. That being said, there is only so much the chemicals can do as areas also need to be kept dry and clean so the bugs have nothing else to eat. In addition, depending on the severity of the issue, in between treatments may be necessary which we did provide and the entire process can take some time to gain control. We are always willing to go above and beyond for each customer, so if something were to change in the future, we would be more than happy to help! We wish you the best of luck. Sincerely, Always Green

01/16/2020

Barbara R.

I have a monthly service with them and the service was good. The exterminators were very helpful to try to control my bugs.

Description of Work
They spray inside and outside to keep my bugs under control.

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Always Green. We are always pleased to hear when our customers are happy. We will also let Andrew know that you are happy with him. AG

10/04/2019

Nick P.

If I could give an F- I would. I initially hired Always Green because of their overwhelmingly positive reviewing on websites like Home Advisor. Moving into a new home, I wanted to make sure I hired the right company to take care of my lawn. I even opted to pay them $70 per application to treat both my lawn and my plants. The first few months were fine. The lawn looked great, my plants were OK and I was happy. I didn’t pay much attention early in the summer as it was very hot and very dry. Then, in July, it was noted on my invoice that I had a fungus on my grass and I needed to pay $50 for an additional treatment. Luckily, that request jolted me out of the denial I was in. I really paid attention. There were weeds throughout my grass and my plants (which I was paying extra to be treated) looked dead. I wrote customer service on their website to raise concerns about how my lawn looked and pretty immediately got a response that a “supervisor” would be out to look at my lawn. A few days later, I had a note on my door that said I - in fact - did NOT have a fungus, but instead was cutting my grass too short and not watering it enough (I guess those watering restrictions in Pasco County really don’t matter to these guys). A few days later, another rep came out to “treat” to my lawn and repeated the same line in his notes about my grass being cut too short. This will become important in a minute, so keep reading. In the interim, I contacted three companies to give me quotes on my lawn. Each of those three companies independently came to the same conclusions: 1) my yard was not being treated with fertilizer; 2) my plants had witches broom fungus; 3) I had crabgrass, broadleaf, and other weeds throughout my lawn. I wrote back in to customer service to immediately terminate my service. I shared with them my extreme displeasure, the findings of the other companies, and asked how they thought it fair to deal with my final invoice for $70 given these findings. The response I received was incredibly condescending. “Trust us” was the answer. The rep stated that I had been advised three times my grass was being cut too short - which is what was causing the weeds to grow. Nevermind the fact two of those three times were within days of one another. As for the findings of the other companies? They were apparently telling me that my lawn wasn’t being fertilized because they “didn’t know what was going on.” And, oh, those plants with the fungus? Totally ignored it. Let’s not forget the $50 treatment they tried to sell me that I did not need. Zero responsibility. None. It was all my fault. Not even one month after switching companies, my grass looks very green, the weeds have been greatly reduced, and my plants are starting to grow again. Now, despite all of the evidence Always Green was clearly not doing what I was paying them to do for 9 months, they’re demanding payment on my last “treatment.” Avoid this company at all costs. They don’t care about you, and they will not take responsibility for their work (or lack thereof). They’ll just leave you to foot the bill for their ineptitude (literally).

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for writing this review as it helps us to improve. The summer is stressful for lawns with heat, humidity, temperatures, too much water or lack thereof. We cannot use strong herbicides to kill certain weeds or the chemicals will burn the “good” turf. There is no post emergent herbicide that can kill crab grass or wild Bermuda. We use pre-emergents all year to help prevent these. We treat broad leaf weeds year round, which can also be treated between services via the free service calls. We spot treat fungus for free, but a blanket spray is needed if widespread. Your service was completed 7/24 when we quoted a fungicide. The manager completed a free service call 8/27, which was a months time difference in which case weather/lawn conditions changed. Fungus is common, especially if the grass is too short. We had fertilizer, insect & disease control service set up for your shrubs. There was no “weed in shrub bed” service. If there was miscommunication about this, we do apologize. We know that you can only water once a week in Pasco, so we recommend watering for a longer duration. Since you do not have a fertilizer ban, a company could fertilize during the summer but most don’t due to weather. Prior to June 1st, we put out a slow release granular that lasts for 3 months so the lawn is fed in summer. Witches Broom is a fungus that can be found on Hollie plants & is neither preventable nor treatable. From UF: “witches' broom, is a fatal disease of hollies in central and south Florida..The disease is spread by infected pruning tools, as well as by wind and rain.” Fungicides were included for your plants which prevents and treats diseases. We apologize if you were not informed. Your last service was at the end of August so during summer to fall transition, weather can change a lawns appearance. We plan to use this feedback for the future and apologize for the service. We are family owned and care very much about every customer via our reviews. Sincerely, AG https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/mg021

05/17/2019

Linda G.

Service technician was on time. He was very informative. He was friendly and very easy to talk to.

Description of Work
Initial pest service visit. Inside and exterior.

04/27/2019

stacey S.

The previous owners used the beach condo as a rental and did not have regular pest control in Florida - which seems insane. Haven’t has a problem since Always Green began quarterly treatments. Their team is prompt and very kindly wears boot covers as I have a shoe free home.

Description of Work
Pest control for my three story townhome - inside, balconies, porch, garage, basement.

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy that the pests are staying away since we have been treating. Don't forget that we offer free service calls between treatments if any start to wander back in. Thank you again for taking the time to write [Member Information Removed] review, we truly appreciate it. AG

04/21/2019

Scott K.

We worked with Always Green in the past, then tried a cheaper alternative and switched back to Always Green. They are amazing on their follow-up and I want to recognize Jim one of their crew, for spending 25 minutes with me this week really explaining what was happening in my yard, Educating me on what I should be doing differently and offering reasonably priced alternatives to make it look the way my family would like. In today's fast paced environment, Jim was a breath of fresh air!

Description of Work
Lawn Fetilization

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

Thank you so much for your review, I have also forwarded this review to Jim. We are glad to have you back and love it when we receive such good feedback about our technicians and managers. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. AG

04/08/2019

Greg S.

The company was professional and the bugs are gone!

Description of Work
Pest control maintenance

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

We're glad to hear that the bugs are gone! If they come back make sure to contact us, there is no charge for service calls. Thank you for your review! AG

04/04/2019

Anthony D.

Great job, we had trouble with ants, I did everything I could to make the ants go away and they kept coming back a few weeks later. Always Green treated the inside one time and continued treating the outside on a regular basis. No bugs or chemicals in our home for the past year.

Description of Work
Pest control our home and rental property

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

03/27/2019

GWEN G.

I been using them for 16 years. They are always responsive. If I have a question about something, they sent out a person to check it out. They are very timely in keeping up my lawn spray. I recommend them for their excellence.

Description of Work
The manager came to find out if we have fire ants in my house.

Work Completed On 03/21/2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We love to hear how satisfied you are with Always Green. We also appreciate your business for the past 16 years and will continue to strive for excellence when taking care of your property. AG

03/18/2019

Patricia T.

They do an excellent job. I would highly recommend them and I will continue to use them again.

Description of Work
I have been using them a few years for fertilization of my lawn.

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you are pleased with our service. Don't forget to also let us know if you are ever unsatisfied with the appearance of your lawn. Thank you again for your review. AG

03/02/2019

Gary R.

I was satisfied and my yard looks good. They shown up on time and very responsive to their customer.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizing and weed control.

Work Completed On 02/22/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your lawn's appearance and the service. AG

12/11/2018

Maria G.

Excellent customer service. They were very knowledgeable and easy to work with. I have continued working with them beyond the initial discounted package. Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Pest Control

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have continued your services with us. As always call us if you ever have any issues between regular scheduled services. AG

11/26/2018

Joy N.

very well because they were responsive, friendly and made the lawn much more pest free for the 2 dogs!

Description of Work
yard lawn sprayed for insects, fleas and ants

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Always Green! We do our best to make sure that our customers are always happy. Remember that we offer free service calls between visits if a problem should ever arise in your lawn. AG

09/13/2018

Greg S.

The exterminator was friendly and professional. I haven't seen ants since he came to the house.

Description of Work
Address ant problem

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that the ants are gone, please keep in mind that we offer free service calls between visits if they ever come back.

09/10/2018

Trenette B.

This is a very impressive organization!

Description of Work
Pest Control

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! We strive to be the best at Always Green Inc.!

09/04/2018

Michael K.

Professional service. Left diagnosis of the lawn problem and how to fix. Lawn is doing much better

Description of Work
Feed lawn and weed