Downtown Moving and Storage

Founded 1944 • With Angi since August 2012

223 E Flagler St Suite 422

Miami, FL 33131

Our commitment to excellence has given us an unparalleled reputation for honest business practice, competitive rates and extraordinary service. Over the years, we have always listened attentively to our customers needs. After all, where would we be without them? Our customer’s concerns became our concerns and their feed back continues to serve us well. We learned how to reduce the stress associated with moving and constantly work to enhance our services by hiring only the best personnel, as well as consistently upgrading our materials, equipment and facility. A long time ago, we made up our minds that we would always strive to exceed the industry standard. It is never good enough for downtown Moving and Storage to be simply competitive – To this day, performing above and beyond our customer’s expectations is our gold standard. Downtown Moving and Storage offers moving and relocation services like residential relocation, business relocation, storage, packaging and others. We look forward to servicing our new customers, along with our many repeat customers, for years and years to come....

03/13/2017

Jane W.

The move itself went reasonably well. It was twice the price that was quoted on the phone, but I still thought it was fair because the situation was complicated and we had far more stuff than a typical move. The guys who moved us were very nice and tried hard to do their best. Unfortunately, a few things were broken during the move, including two family antiques. I have been trying to get the situation resolved since December. I sent in the paperwork as required and have called the company and repeatedly emailed the owner since December. I have had one short response saying I would get a check within two weeks (that was a month ago). But this was impossible as the antiques require a repair estimate. I have repeatedly contacted the company by email and phone seeking to make an arrangement for getting an estimate so we can get this resolved, but I cannot get a response. Now it appears by looking online that the company has been sold or at least changed names. What was originally a decent if flawed experience has become a real disappointment.

Description of Work
Moved from one house to another; also had to move items out of storage and into the new house.

10/03/2016

Ben V.

They showed up 2 hours late . They were very rude and unprofessional . One of the movers was very drunk smelling like alcohol and marijuana . They damaged numerous items and my reach out to their CEO John Adams was not successful . They really do not care about customer service. This was the worst experience ever and I would never recommend them ever . They even damaged one of my plasma TV in 4 different paces and broke the screen .

Description of Work
Perform a move from one building to another .

08/01/2016

Barbara H.

Very well. My only complaint was that the original estimate was about half of the actual cost.

Description of Work
Moving from one apartment to another

Category moving companies

Thank you for the business. We hope you enjoy your new home! Sincerely, Jon Adams President-Downtown Moving and Storage Inc.

07/28/2016

Pansy W.

It was very pricey but it was done well. The quote was fine but I think they work very slowly and I bought $3000 for moving which is crazy, a move just 3 miles across town. They did the work well. We even had a thing where the driver left ahead of me and his GPS wasn't able to find the location. A lot of time was lost because I couldn't find him. I had to drive around then I finally called him and directed him to where I had to go. I would not have them again. They pulled my bed completely apart and I thought the headboard could go down the stairs. I just spent a lot more money than I expected but the workmen worked well and were polite. They came when they said they would come.

Description of Work
They provided moving services.

06/03/2016

JC J.

The crew was very professional and did not stop working. They were efficient and polite

Description of Work
Moved from apartment to house

Thank you for the business. Jon Adams - President

03/24/2016

Eunice B.

Went as well as one could want! Arrived on time, loaded truck in timely and professional manner, and unloaded at new apartment. All items were placed where desired. Absolutely great job! Thanks to Jon and his men for making it seem so easy.. Downtown movers and storage is my moving company of choice from now on. I highly recommend them for any moving job.

Description of Work
move household from one apartment to another apartment in Miami.

Category moving companies, storage units

Thank you for the business and the nice review. We appreciate the compliments and we will be more than happy to help you in the future. Sincerely, Jon Adams President - Downtown Moving and Storage Inc.

02/06/2016

Troy S.

***BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY*** I chose this company after seeing some positive reviews online, although after using their service I'm guessing that some of those are fake. The movers arrived about 30 minutes late within their 11-12 schedule time and didn't call to say why...I called and was told they were on the way. Three guys showed up, two of them did good work although the "supervisor" really didn't do much. At the end of the move, the supervisor said that I had to pay by check even though no one ever mentioned that they didn't accept credit cards. Since I wasn't aware of this policy, I didn't have my checkbook on me. I asked to speak to the owner/general manager, so they put me in contact with him. He said there was something in the initial paperwork that mentioned this policy and that he doesn't like to take credit cards because he has to pay a 4% fee to the credit card companies. These seems like a shady company so I'd think about looking elsewhere.

Description of Work
I hired this company to move everything out of my 2 bedroom condo into storage.

Category moving companies, storage units

FALSE REVIEW!!! WE DO ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS ON EVERY JOB. WE TOOK A CREDIT CARD FROM THIS VERY CUSTOMER. This customer did nothing but complain to me about how bad my business was due to the fact that I don't take credit cards when in fact this complainer paid for his move with get this..... a credit card. I told the customer that it states on his electronic estimate that we must know if you are paying by credit card within one business day before the move. He says back to me that he doesn't read that stuff and he's going to post all over the internet about this. It's in HUGE bold letters on EVERY estimate we send that we must know the day before. The reason for this is to send a credit card machine to the job. When we don't send the machine the processor charges us an additional 4% that is not fair after giving discounts out in the first place. Inept customers like this will ruin it for everyone. By law moving companies do not have to take credit cards at all. We could have just told him no and called the police on him for stealing. WE DO TAKE CREDIT CARDS with one business day notice to the sales rep. Our legal team will be contacting this customer regarding the false information that he is spreading across the internet. Sincerely, Jon Adams president

01/12/2016

bonita E.

Our experience with Downtown Moving was pleasant from the beginning. The booking agent was cordial, reassuring and helpful. The three movers were prompt and pleasant. They handled every item with care and expertise and wrapped them securely in moving quilts and/or shrink wrap. Some of the furnishings were extremely heavy, and several were quite fragile. All were handled with equal care and skill. The guys worked diligently and efficiently while remaining polite and charming throughout the long, hot day. They made what could have easily been a totally miserable experience almost bearable. Terrance, Kenneth and Dondreah are true professionals who take pride in their work. We would would hire them again and deal with Downtown Movers again. Fair price, fine people!

Description of Work
Moved prepacked items and furniture from Boynton Beach residence to Delray Beach residence. Filled a 26 ft. truck and made one run. Five hours from start to finish.

Category moving companies

Thank you very much for the business and we hope you enjoy your new home. Sincerely, Jon Adams Downtown Moving and Storage President

12/30/2015

Timothy B.

From the day we met with Lock Jennings I had a high level of trust very honest down to earth individual . My wife and I sat down and went through the details with Lock and came to an agreement very quickly. It was easy to see why this company was rated so high on Angie"s list they are a very professional organization . The crews that came to perform the work were extremely friendly and professional from start to finish . I would highly recommend using this company and would not consider using any other company. They have a very high level of customer service which is very helpful when going through the stress of a move .

Description of Work
We hired downtown moving and storage to move us from our rental to our new home .

Thank you very much for the business! Sincerely, Jon Adams president

12/30/2015

Scott A.

The team leader was Fritz, and it went really well. Delivered exactly what they said they would do. Honored everything exactly to the letter. It was a difficult move from a three story walk up to a single family home; getting it out of there was a bear. Fritz had the foresight to know to bring an extra man or two and he handled everything well. They were polite, cleaned up and it was good experience. Nothing bad to say.

Description of Work
Helped us move our three story walk-up to a single family home.

Category moving companies

Thank you for the business. Good luck in your new home! Sincerely, Jon Adams president

12/10/2015

Ken G.

The scheduled arrival was between 9 and 10am. They arrived at 11:30, claiming traffic. They were coming from north Broward to central Miami. There is traffic every day, so this could easily have been planned for and avoided. However, upon arrival they were polite, reassuring, and the load up went generally smoothly. I offered them water and Gatorade throughout and asked if they needed breaks for some food or snacks. And we were off to a good start. The problems came when we arrived hours late at the destination (less than half a mile away). The EXTREMELY late start resulted in the truck arriving at the destination well after 3pm, leaving less than 2 hours for the unload. (Delivery address iwas a high rise, had loading bay and elevator reservation in a strict 1pm to 5pm time slot. This is typical in downtown Miami, and well communicated throughout.) As a result of the rushed unload, 2 very epensive pieces of furniture were broken. These were not delicate items, and only extremely poor handling could have caused this damage. One item was small solid cherry cabinet which I have had for 20 years. They broke 2 legs off of this piece. A second piece was a credenza, where one of the handles was broken off due to it being loaded and unloaded with the handles on the floor, putting undue pressure on them. If these were cheap items, they would have been completely destroyed given the handling. What's worse is that the movers indicated on the form I signed that there was damage and I would be contacted by the office. Not only did they not contact me, they haven't returned numerous phone messages. I strongly urge anyone to avoid this firm. Very good sales people will give you every comfort for a smooth move. Then you will be ignored after there is a problem and they've collected your money (which, by the way, was exhorbitantly priced for the work done). Update 12/12/15: Immediately after initially posting this review, I got an email from the company president (although I believe likely sent by administrative staff) prompting me to fill out the standard insurance form covering 60 cents per pound of weight of damaged goods. In addition to not having a furniture scale at the ready, This only served to disappoint me by lacking an apology (neither for damage occurred nor woeful response time), lack of enquiry as to what happened, and no discussion of actual cost estimate of repair or any alternative arrangement to make this right. More evidence of unprofessional conduct as far as I'm concerned.

Description of Work
This was a simple move of partial contents of a single family house to a 2 Bedroom condo. Very easy job, very avoidably messed up.

Category moving companies

Thank you for the feedback. Our truck left our yard to service your move at 7am just like every time restricted move. We are normally on time unless there is something that is out of our control. In this case all 5 jobs scheduled for the day were extremely late starts due to a shootout that occured on I-95 killing 2 people that shut down all of I-95 traffic from 5am until 2pm and it was all over the news all morning and all day long. I will leave you the link since you think I'm making this up. Our trucks travel this route every morning and this was a tragedy that unfortunately delayed everything going on in the entire city for the day. [hyperlink removed] Second, Our prices are not expensive and there is no such thing as a simple move when dealing with high rises in Miami. (Long carries, arking issues, security check-in, slow elevators, waiting time,etc.) Third , All damages must go through a proper claims process and a form must be filled out to document damages. This process is not our company policy but in fact state and county law. I personally sent you this form last week even though you don't believe that either. Fill out your claim form and get it back to us and we will go from there. Sincerely, Jon Adams President Downtown Moving and Storage Inc.

11/02/2015

Stormy G M.

Excellent, I will recommend this company to everyone I know. The men were professional, quickk and effecient and very courteous.

Description of Work
they were very professional and wrapped every item with pads and shrink wrap everything so no harm was done to furniture.

Category moving companies

We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for the business! Sincerly, Jon Adams President Downtown Moving and Storage Inc.

10/19/2015

Jo C.

The team was punctual, cordial and responsive. My only complaint is their treatment of unpacking a wooden crate. Debris was left on the garage floor and nails are sticking out of the crate.

Description of Work
Moved belongings already boxed and packed up a TV and chair.

Category moving companies

Thank you very much for your business and the feedback. We apologize for leaving debris on your floor. We will address this in the next meeting on Friday morning. Sincerely, Jon Adams president Downtown Moving and Storage Inc.

08/19/2015

Pansy W.

I am a small business person and they took the time to wrap everything.

Description of Work
I used Downtown Moving and Storage for moving over several days recently.

Category moving companies

We appreciate your business. Please call us again if you need any moving services. Sincerely, Jon Adams president Downtown Moving and Storage Inc.

08/19/2015

Carlos A.

They were more than one hour late to the job.. After I had required early start due to elevator availability.. When unpacking they were in such rush to get out they were not very helpful placing the furniture.. They did take care of items and there was no damage. The movers were professional and took very good care of the shipment from wrapping to unwrapping to placiing. The cost was very reasonable.

Category moving companies

Hello [Removed member name], Unfortunately we ran into some bad traffic and security took quite a while to check us into the building on the day of your move.We apologize. We were a bit late but we were still able to complete your move. I don't believe we deserve a D rating for our services compared to some of the stories I hear about movers not even showing up for a job, Please email me at info@downtownmove.com so we can resolve this matter. Your feedback is important to me. Sincerely, Jon Adams

08/02/2015

Michael A.

Downtown Moving did an amazing job! Fritz and his team were on time, professional, and took great care with our property. Downtown was also the cheapest company that we were quoted! I would highly recommend this company...and I would also encourage you to go with the flat rate move. Knowing what you will pay will take some stress of you and it will probably be cheaper in the long run. My only complaint is that the owner chose not to give the crew a van with a lift gate. A bigger truck with a lift would have made the move quicker and easier for his team.

Description of Work
They moved our 3 bedroom house

Category moving companies

Thank you again for the business. We wish you happiness in your new place. Please call us again for your next move and request a truck with a lift gate and we will send one. Thanks again! Sincerely, Jon Adams president

06/26/2015

Brian R.

They really took a lot of stress out of my move, scheduling was easy, they contacted my building to give their insurance, they were on time and quick. They padded everything and damaged nothing. I purchased the 3 hour/3 people package from Angies list, they went over 30 minutes mainly because of faults of my new building, very happy, would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moved my 1 bedroom

Category moving companies

Thank you very much for the business! We wish you all the best. Sincerely, Jon Adams President

05/15/2015

Sylvie M.

We asked three moving companies to provide us with quotes for moving us from our old home to a new residence just 13 blocks away in Miami, and Downtown provided a quote and a moving plan that was perfect for us. We had a tight schedule given the need to close on the sale of one home and the purchase of the new place all within three days, and there was the potential for things to go awry given we were at the mercy of the buyers and their financing plans. The plan was to pack one day, load two moving trucks the second, and deliver on the third. Surely enough, there was a snafu that delayed the closing a day, but Jon Adams from Downtown was responsive and super helpful in rescheduling the loading day to accommodate the glitch. We ended up loading and unloading all in one very long day, with the movers finishing in a near completely dark house because of electrical rewiring going on in the new residence. They handled it all professionally and without a grumble. Better yet, all our belongings came through the moving process unscathed and complete, including several large paintings and sculptures that were insanely well-packed by their art specialist. Downtown's team of movers were great guys, the admin was responsive when I needed to contact them, and Jon was terrific at being understanding when we needed flexibility. I'd not hesitate to use them again (but rather hope not to, for a little while at least).

Description of Work
Packed up a four-bedroom house, and moved all belongings to a new home in the same neighborhood.

Category moving companies

Thank you for the great feedback. We thank you again for giving us the opportunity to complete your move. Enjoy the new home! Sincerely, Jon Adams

05/13/2015

Theresa B.

The team arrived on time and quickly and efficiently packed our belongings onto their truck. After arriving to our new home, they unloaded the truck, all within the three hours I pre-paid.

Description of Work
Moved us from our two bedroom apartment to our new home.

05/07/2015

Rodrigo S.

They were very professional. They showed up on time which is very important to me and no furniture was damaged in the move. I would recommend them in the future.

Description of Work
Downtown Moving and Storage did a great job moving my family.

02/28/2015

Christopher E.

Our move went smoothly from beginning to end. Our team Terrance, Myron and Felix were efficient and very friendly. They were very attentive to my fragile items. Thanks again from Monica and Chris.

Description of Work
Move from home in Pompano to home in Fort Lauderdale

02/02/2015

Tracy P.

They were great! I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
They helped us move from home to home!

01/29/2015

Alex N.

It went alright. They showed up an hour late. The truck had moving equiptmant(garment boxes, etc.) that seemed to be left over from a previous move.This affected us because there was less room available to fit our belongings and we had to make 2 trips rather than 1 which doubled our price. Ther was also not much effort to take advantage or all the nook and cranies of the truck. Two of the movers were rather good. the third the son of what seemed to be a company manger was far less serous and much less cautious about damging our porperty and belongings, and therefore ther was some minor damge to our things. In all honesty the belongings which had been wrapped by us were not as protected as they should have been, but this had not been an issue when we moved the items carfeully from our house to the storage rooms. I actully hear the headguy tell the aformetioned younger worker to be more careful, because that was the reason the had received a high rating in Angie's List.

Description of Work
Moved 4 storage rooms to a house

01/12/2015

Alvin B.

It was excellent. They did a h*** of a good job. the employes were respectable and careful. they worked 12-18 hours.

Description of Work
They helped me move.

01/02/2015

JULIUS G.

Everything went well and smoothly. John Adams is very professional and friendly. They were on time and handled eveything carefully

Description of Work
Downtown Moving moved my things from a house I sold in Coral Gables to storage, and later brought those things to a condo on Key Biscayne. They also moved some other things from their storage facility to mine (which was closer).