Joel E Berman CPA PA

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2006

Accountants/Tax Consultants

Joel E. Berman, CPA, serves the tax, accounting, and QuickBooks needs of small businesses and individuals in Pinellas and Western Hillsborough County, Tampa Bay, Florida. His mission is to reduce his clients’ tax liabilities as well as help their businesses grow. Joel has extensive tax preparation, planning, and resolution experience, including dealing directly with the IRS, and saving clients money in tax assessments. Over the years, he has developed unique strategies to help his clients organize their accounting records, improve business cash flow, and minimize corporate and individual tax liabilities. Joel specializes in a few niches: small business start-ups, businesses and individuals with complex IRS tax needs or problems, corporate dissolutions, and small business clients using QuickBooks. Some of the most common projects he works on include streamlining accounting systems for clients, saving clients money through tax planning, and resolving Cancellation of Debt cases resulting from foreclosure and short-sale transactions. He has a proven knowledge of IRS tax law and has been able to exclude over $2.5 million of income in Cancellation of Debt cases. Prior to starting his own firm, Joel spent several years in public accounting and private industry, always focused on small business. For several years he headed the accounting department of a multi-million dollar company in St. Petersburg, Florida. Joel has been a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor since 2006 and is a member of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA). Over Joel’s expansive career, he has gained a strong work ethic. His dedication to excellence in accounting and customer service has repeatedly earned him the elite Super Service Award on Angie’s List as a top rated CPA. A native of California, Joel is a graduate of U.C.L.A. He moved to Florida in 1997. When he is not working, he enjoys swimming, traveling, Americana, old movies, classic TV shows, and his dogs....

Linda Jenkins CPA PA

Certified Public Accountant.

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Solutions has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and gets you back on track with the IRS and State so levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, non-filed, you name it, we handle it. So stop stressing and call now.

Angeloni Tax Advisory Group

The entire focus of this organization is client prosperity. I offer a tremendous amount of services all under one roof to help my clients in all facets of financial planning; Starting from pre-retirement through retirement and full estate and tax planning. I have access to all the experts at my fingertips and can resolve and or plan around almost any financial, insurance and estate tax issue that may be on your horizon. I work with each and every one of my clients to design a personal financial plan based on their goals and desires. Learn how to protect your life savings with our safe retirement planning. In our fast paced, ever changing financial climate, we remove the concerns our clients have about losing or even running out of money in retirement. Learn the basics or expand your current knowledge about investing. You will appreciate our conservative yet growth focused approach to your savings. Discover why estate planning is important for all sizes of estates. Our tax-advantaged or tax-free income plans Funeral Plans. Additional DBAs - Angeloni Tax Advisory Group Inc, Tax Advisory Group. Website: www.angelonitax.com

10/30/2020

Joel is very knowledgeable, conscientious, and patient with a professional who doesn't understand accounting or taxes, but he does get behind himself sometimes and gets extensions from the IRS.

Description of Work
Accounting for small business and personal income taxes.

03/25/2019

Excellent. Personable, inteligent, explains in terms that are understandable.

Description of Work
Financial/ Tax advice, Taxes

06/29/2018

Joel was prepared for our meeting in a way that was very impressive. He knows his stuff, and he'd studied up on our needs and was ready with solutions and recommendations. He is going to save my wife and I a good deal of money with wise and ethical planning. We're really pleased.

Description of Work
Tax prep and tax planning

05/08/2018

Super work and service. Personal taxes, three small buisnesses and non-profit filings.

Description of Work
Tax accounting

02/12/2018

The tax people I had been using just didn't do my taxes last year like they were supposed to, so I hired Joel Berman. He really helped me get the mess straightened out.

Description of Work
I used him for tax preparation.

Category accountant

General accounting; includes computerized accounting & bookkeeping on a monthly, annual or hourly basis for small business owners. Tax preparation; includes Corporate, Partnership, Trust, Self-Employed and Individual income tax returns. We also do tax planning, tax projections, tax research and IRS problem consulting and representation. Other services include; business start-ups, Incorporation, LLC, Partnerships, dissolution, general business consulting and QuickBooks training and consultation.

Certified audits & reviews, mergers & acquisitions, governmental accounting.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover