David DDS & Associates Inc

With Angi since October 2008

4.3

10991 San Jose Blvd

Jacksonville, FL 32223

"Let Dr. Joel upgrade your smile in just one day!" A smile is often the first thing someone notices about you, even a subtle change in your smile can make you feel even better about yourself and your smile. The David and Associates' Smile Design Team, a team of skilled and professional dentists,

06/14/2018

laura B.

The implant fell apart when it was still under warranty. When it was put in they gave me paperwork to sign saying that I had to get my routine dental work done there in order to benefit from the warranty. I refused to leave my dentist of many years and the doctor said that they would still honor the warranty when I explained my reservations. When the crown came out I brought this up with them. They then said that was irrelevant because someone had drilled on the implant. This was a con because mt regular dentist had no reason and did not drill on the crown, which is essentially a fake tooth. It is a scam to try to avoid honoring the warranty. I could go on about the lack of cleanliness, the time they keep you waiting for your appointment but that is aside from the primary issue for me. This is a very sketchy practice. Stay away.

Description of Work
Replacement of a tooth with an implant

Category dentists, cosmetic dentist, dentures

02/28/2017

Sharon B M.

No show or call back

Description of Work
Drywall, carpentry and painting

02/15/2016

Description of Work
I went in for a consult regarding major cosmetic dentistry. The office staff were very punctual and pleasant from the minute I walked through the door. After speaking with Dr. David himself, I was very pleased with what he had to say and even more pleased with the cost of what was being offered. Will definitely be considering them for what I need to have done. I had an overall excellent experience with them.

Category cosmetic dentist

01/21/2016

Kelly L.

07/20/2015

Elizabeth B.

Patient for a couple of years... Very unhappy with the practice. It is run like an assembly line. They tried to bill me (more than once) for my portion of the bill, after insurance paid. Glad I kept all my dental insurance "explanation of service" summaries and compared them to the bill I received from David & Associates.... They attempted to charge me the difference (not the contracted amount) which came to over $300 difference. They were threatening- right up to the meeting I arranged to discuss my bill- and brought my documentation. They quickly backed down and agreed they were wrong. Patient beware... Check your deductibles and don't think that they are above ripping people off. I also got one of those " same day root canal/ crowns". NEVER agree to this! The crown has already fallen off once and I went to another dentist to repair it (because David and associates wouldn't get me in for a week). The other dentist questioned why this crown was of inferior qualify and different than my other ones.... Just FYI - wish someone had communicated the inferior quality of same day crowns because the cost was the same.

Description of Work
General dentistry and restoration ( including crowns and implants)

06/29/2015

Tina E.

06/12/2014

David H.

They took care of an emergency. It was a bit pricey since they did not accept my insurance. The office is very nice and they were extremely professional. They kept the appointment on time and were punctual.

Description of Work
I broke a tooth and they did a crown for me.

05/20/2014

Richard W.

David DDS and Associates is a large group practice. The dentist is more of a salesman than a dentist. The second one that we saw is very professional and gave a more honest assessment of what needed to be done.

Description of Work
My mother-in-law was the patient, she made the decision to go there. I was there with her, I'm one of her primary caregivers.

05/13/2014

carrol D.

We have a year and a half to go. I plan to switch my dental to them for my cleanings.

Description of Work
Full dental work up and braces for my grandson. They have great hours and he has only had the braces for six months and already an improvement.

03/24/2014

Tim D.

I really like them. I went in with an emergency and then they took care of that and now, they're just getting me in as a regular patient. Their facilities are clean. It's very nice. They are so friendly. They make you feel at ease and they're really good. They got me right in when I had my emergency. They were able to get me right in and take care of the problem and they do everything they can to schedule you when is convenient for you. The treatment is great and the tooth is much better. Their billing and everything is explained upfront.

Description of Work
I just started using David DDS & Associates Incorporated for dentistry.

02/17/2014

Tom S.

The desk staff isn't overly friendly, but they are efficient and work hard. The hygienist was excellent. I have been three times now for cleanings and consults. Very pleased with the service and treatment.

Description of Work
Standard cleaning. Was a great overall experience. They actually called to say I could come in early if I would like. I did so, and it worked out great. Fast, efficient. Overall very pleased.

01/17/2014

Linda M.

I have been going to them for years. I see one of his dentists. I like his ability and the people are real nice. They seem to know what they are doing. They do not try to price gouge you, at least the one I go to doesn't. His hygienists are real good. I have been seeing the same one for about six years. They are gentle and they do not try to hurt you.

Description of Work
I go to David DDS & Associates Inc. for dentistry. I go there every six months for routine cleaning.

05/17/2013

Diane A.

I've been using David and Associates for over 10 years. Usually I see a hygienist for a cleaning and once a year I get xrays and the Dentist will review the xrays. I really like the facility, the xray is done while you sit in the chair. The xrays and records are all digital, so after my cleaning, the hygienist can make my next appt. With my insurance, I'm done and can leave, no waiting at the counter to settle the bill. I also like the convenience of appts, late in the day up to 6p and saturday appts - means no lost work time. When I have the 6pm appt, I'm usually waiting a little bit before I get called back. I think the office is high tech, the hygienist are always friendly and good at what they do. And after my checkup I get a bag with a new toothbrush, small toothpaste and sample size floss. I would recommend this dental practice.

Description of Work
regular checkups, every 6 months.

03/06/2013

I did go to Dr. Joel David within the last six months. They are a bit pricey. Everybody was courteous, every was very customer service oriented. Except for the price it was very good.

Description of Work
Dentist.

11/20/2012

Rebecca H.

HE JUST DOES and quot;NOTand quot; TAKE A LOT OF TYPES OF DENTAL INSURANCE, HOWEVER HE WILL WORK WITH YOU VIA FINANCE, AND GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT IF HE DOES NOT EXCEPT YOUR DENTAL INSURANCE. WHICH IS GREAT FOR MANY PEOPLE WHO DO NOT EVEN HAVE DENTAL INSURANCE. HE IS THE MOST CARING AND FRIENDLE DENTIST THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. CALL.

Description of Work
DR. JOEL DAVID WAS VERY NICE, FRIENDLY AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. AND HE EXPLAINS EVERYTHING IN LAMENS TERMS, SO THAT YOU THE PATIENT UNDERSTAND. HIS STAFF ALL HAVE A SMILE ON THEIR FACES, AND ARE AT YOUR BECK AND CALL. VERY SWEET AND HELPFUL STAFF. EVEN THE FINANCE LADY IS VERY FRIENDLY, AND WILL GIVE YOU SEVERAL OPTIONS THAT SUITE YOUR NEEDS.

Category pediatric dentist

11/20/2012

rosandrea K.

Horrible experience. Dr. Jovic is excellent and the other dentists seem competent. However, the administrative workings of this office are pitifully awful. And because of the aggravation in dealing with admin, I would not go back. That is how awful it was. Besides that, they will text, call and email for you to confirm appt. Yes, all three notifications come to you for the same appointment. Very annoying. Asked for it to be corrected...had to ask several times before they actually only sent the text message that I requested. UGH!!

Description of Work
Fixed upper implant bridge

Category pediatric dentist

08/14/2012

His office is well ran. You feel that they are very professional. They use the latest technology.

Description of Work
I went in for a cleaning.

05/07/2012

Sandra D.

Everything is fine there.

Description of Work
I went in for a routine visit.

03/12/2012

william M.

I was very happy with his service. His entire operation deserves the highest grades.

Description of Work
He does all of my dental work.

Category dentists, oral surgeons, orthodontist

02/16/2012

Linda M.

They have several dentists and they do all kinds of work so it is not just limited to general dentistry, which is good. The staff is good. They are all nice and knowledgeable. The wait time is pretty good and they usually take us pretty close to the appointment time. They have evening hours so they can pretty much accommodate us. They are expensive; you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
We use David DDS & Associates for our dental needs. My husband was there two weeks ago.

Category endodontics, dentists, oral surgeons, cosmetic dentist

02/06/2012

Linda S.

Staff was professional, and competent. They are a bit pricey.

Description of Work
I needed major dental work.

Category endodontics, dentists

10/22/2011

Elizabeth F.

We were looking for something that was a total service dentistry office because we have young children. We wanted somebody where we didn't have to go to several different dentists' offices. They do have a pediatric dentist there so we can get us in as well as our children and do it all in one day and not have to make multiple appointments at multiple locations. That is very convenient. The pediatric dentist does do cleaning appointments as Saturday appointments to accommodate for school schedules and so on, so that is very nice as well. They are very accommodating and they are very professional. They did a great job doing the fillings for our daughter. She is only three. She did really well with it. She didn't scream and she didn't cry. She did perfectly fine going back. I would call that an A+ service since she is not afraid of the dentist at this point. They are professional and they are prompt. They give great service. The one we had more interaction with has been Dr. Mahajan, a pediatric dentist. She is very good with the kids. She talks to the kids as well as talks to the parents so she makes the kids very comfortable. It means a lot to us that she talks to them and makes them feel comfortable where they are at.

Description of Work
We use David DDS & Associates in Jacksonville, Florida for general dentistry. Our last visit was in September. I have only gone there a couple of times. One of our daughters had a couple of fillings placed.

Category dentists, pediatric dentist

01/24/2011

william M.

Dr. David is absolute tops. I started going to him because I became interested in dental implants. I've been seeing them for around 2-3 years. He is the greatest dentist around. Under one roof, his clinic includes every dental service, specficially credential specialists (general dentistry, dental hygienests, a dental surgeon, periodontist, orthodontist, pediatric dentistry, endodontics, surgical implants). He also offers full sedation services. Every person that I have been in contact with in this place has impressed me with their approachability, their technical skill, and professional conduct. If I need an appointment, I'd be able to get one on the same day or the next day. Their wait time is minimal as well. I feel as if this operation has one goal: to meet my needs. I'm so happy with their services.

Description of Work
all of my dental needs.

Category endodontics, dentists, oral surgeons, orthodontist, dentures

08/06/2009

The dentist, the hygienist and the dental staff were great but the practice seemed money-hungry to me. They had their office just about three miles away. They had a good setup and it was pretty easy to get into the office. It seemed like they knew what they were doing. They were good about calling you for appointments and things like that but unless you paid them what they wanted you to pay, they really didn?t have anything to say to you. They did a lot of work for me but at the end I wasn?t happy at all. They told me that I had gum disease, and I was trying to ask them for a new procedure, and nobody would ever even answer me back. I quit going to them because they told me that I owed them $300 for something that the insurance didn?t pay three years ago - to me that was shady.

Description of Work
Dr. David was our dentist and we went to him for about three years.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Pediatrics
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
    Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Orthodontics

General dentistry, periodontal, oral care, gum, pediatric, scaling & root panning, x-rays, ygiene fillings, root canals & extractions, crowns, bridges, dentures, mini dental implants, oral surgeons, specialists & cosmetic dentistry procedures, teeth whitening & veneers.