Becky's Bridal Alterations

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2007

Kernan Blvd and McCormick Rd

Jacksonville, FL 32225

I am a third generation master seamstress who started sewing at a very young age. I've honed my skill/talent to specialize in wedding gowns and women's and formalwear alterations. Your wedding gown is the most important garment you'll ever wear. I want to make it fit you the way it should so on your wedding day, you'll amaze your man! By private appointment only....

11/10/2015

elizabeth B.

Becky did a great job on my dress it was a total mess when i brought it to her and now its beautiful. i didnt think it would look that good. i recommend not buying a dress from amazon but if you do you will most likely be doing alterations and Becky is the one to fix the craziness of the dress. Becky was very nice and flexible with my time i saw her three times in 4 weeks she took her time on my dress and was very professional. Overall she was great and honest and knew exactly what needed to be done with the dress. i would definitely travel from the west side to get my alterations done by her again. Thanks again Becky because of you i will look great at the USMC ball :D

Description of Work
took it in on the sides and removed extra bodice wires

01/06/2015

John W.

Becky was a pleasure to work with! She did an awesome job adding a bussel and belt to my dress. She was friendly, kept her appointments times and even worked a little late to accommodate my schedule. I highly recommend her services!

Description of Work
Added a wedding dress bustle and belt.

Category alterations,bridal shops

10/29/2014

Courtney B.

My experience with Becky was horrible. I am out my beautiful lace dress that I paid a lot of money for. She kept the profit for selling my dress!! I gave the ugly dress she gave me to goodwill.

Description of Work
I used her to sell my wedding gown. My dress cost me $2000.00. I let her try to sell it for 3 months. I came to pick it up after not selling. She gave me someone else's dress. I try to tell her this wasn't my dress. She swore up and down it was. I told her I wouldn't wear the dress she handed to me to a dog fight.

Category bridal shops

This issue was resolved through the BBB in 2010 once documentation was produced proving the contrary. Unfortunately, it is not the policy of Angie's List to remove any comment, even if false.

09/21/2014

bonnie S.

Becky was very professional and had wonderful ideas. Unfortunately, the wedding has been postponed and we did not use her services. I will use her in the future!

Description of Work
Met with me to discuss alterations/redesigning my wedding dress for my daughter.

07/26/2014

Lisa C.

Becky is absolutely fabulous! O Her work is meticulous and she was very careful to make sure everything was done perfectly and exactly the way I wanted it to be done. She is also super sweet and works surprisingly fast. I was especially nervous about my mother's wedding dress being made into handkerchiefs. I obviously wanted that to be done really well and they came out incredibly beautifully. I could not have asked for better. And my wedding dress fit me like a glove, which is what every bride hopes for!

Description of Work
Becky took care of multiple projects for me around my wedding. She: - Altered a bridesmaid dress that I needed to wear to a friend's wedding - Did my wedding dress fittings and alterations - Used my mother's wedding dress to create handkerchiefs as gifts for my bridal party - Put my veil on a nicer comb that would work better on my hair

11/15/2013

Grace H.

I took two new tops to her to shorten. One required cutting off. She completed both on a timely basis and they were ready when she said they would be. She did an excellent job. Due to the material, she had to hand stitch one of them. Both turned out well. Her price was very fair. I will plan to call her the next time I need alterations.

Description of Work
She hemmed two knitted tops.

11/12/2013

Vicki T.

Becky was prompt with all calls and emails. She was able to complete the alterations on my designer silk chiffon mother-of-the- bride dress in the defined time frame. Silk chiffon is not easy fabric to work on but she did a beautiful job. The hem appears professionally done. She was able to come up with a beautiful way to bustle the dress in the back without damaging the thin fabric. Job well done. I would use Becky again for any fine designer wedding garment. Thanks Becky!

Description of Work
Hemmed and bustled a silk chiffon mother of the bride dress.

Category alterations,bridal shops

06/15/2013

Richard M.

They were too busy to provide service. They weren't even interested. I went elsewhere.

Description of Work
too busy to take my simple replace zipper request.

Category alterations

In July 2012, I closed my bridal shop and moved the alterations business to my home. I now only do what I specialize in, wedding gowns and women's formalwear, and no longer have employees. Unfortunately, not everyone understands that I no longer alter everyday clothing as I do keep very busy in my specialized alterations.

12/17/2012

Lindsay R.

I dropped off the dress on a Friday with request for speedy alteration as we were leaving town for a wedding Dress was completed by the following friday, very reasonable cost

Description of Work
had dress altered for special function; alteration finished in under 1 weeks time very professional job

06/19/2012

Scott B.

My daughter needed her prom dress altered, I looked on Angie's list to find a Alteration in my area and we found Becky's. She did such a great job and done on time. I was so thankful, as you may know this process could be very stressful. But do to Becky's quality and professionalism it turned into a Great evening...

Description of Work
My daughter needed her prom dress altered.

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
    Bridal Shops
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Check, Financing Available

Every bride is unique and your experience should be what you always dreamed it would be. Exclusively specializing in Wedding Gown and Women's Formalwear alterations, I've earned a reputation in Jacksonville for excellent work since 1998.

I only alter wedding gowns and women's formalwear. Unfortunately there's not enough hours in the day to alter everything.