K9 ADVISORS

With Angi since May 2012

1015 North 13th Avenue

Hollywood, FL 33019

K9 ADVISORS is South Florida's premier dog training and canine behaviorists company. We offer basic to off leash obedience dog training, family protection dog training, service dog training, therapy dog training to dogs of any and all breeds and ages. We are known for successfully handling severe

04/12/2017

Rick L.

Went great!! Would definitely recommend and would use again

Description of Work
Edel is the best. Better than Ceaser. Helped me with my American Bull Puppy. who is very stubborn and has quite a personality.

04/06/2017

Julie C.

I have a had a 7 sessions so far and had a great training experience with Edel Miedes of K9 Advisors. He is well qualified and has helped me tremendously with my Cane Corso. He has educated me and every session I see improvements with my dog. I would highly recommend his services to anyone who has any type of dog for obedience and/or eliminating bad habits that have been learned. He will get your house in order.

Description of Work
Training for my big breed dog

12/01/2016

adri T.

My experience was wonderful and the training they provide is unique and with proven results. I would highly recommend Edel, he is fantastic. Takes the time to fully investigate the issues then comes up with an individualized plan and helps to correct the unwanted behavior. His approach to both dog and owner is encouraging and consistent.

Description of Work
Dog training

09/07/2015

Heather S.

We adopted an 8 week black lab/irish setter with the hopes that we would be able to train her when she got old enough to be a service dog for my son with high-functioning autism. At about 11 months, a trainer from a different company came and met with my son and his dog. My whole family did not have a good impression of this trainer, and so my search continued. I found K9 Advisors online. I requested they contact me so I could find out more about their program. Edel contacted me and we had a great conversation. He felt that his trainer, Ali, would be a great match and set up a time for her to come over and evaluate. BEST DECISION EVER! Ali has become almost a member of our family. Under her guidance, my son's dog has made tremendous strides and is getting ready to go to school with my son either this month or next. Ali definitely loves dogs and treats them with respect. They follow her commands (and ours) to please her, not because they fear her. I don't think we would be this close to his dog becoming a full blown service dog if we didn't have Ali to guide us and train our dog. I HIGHLY recommend K9 Advisors!!

Description of Work
Train our dog to be a service dog for our high functioning autistic son.

09/27/2014

Joanne K.

My family and I recently adopted an American Bulldog (Reagan) from the Palm Beach County Animal Shelter. For the first few months, he got along with our Rottweiler, but soon they began to get into fights based on certain triggers - like the doorbell ringing, barking, etc. We had looked on Angie’s list and called out another trainer (who was rated all A’s), who upon coming on site witnessed an altercation between the two and just STOOD by and watched. He then could only tell us that we should give our Reagan back to the animal shelter, as there was nothing that could be done for this 6-month old American Bulldog. We just loved our dog, and could not come to terms that he was a lost cause. That is when we found K-9 Advisors. From the first moment, we called K-9 Advisors they were distressed to hear that another trainer would tell us to give up our pet. Until they were able to send out a trainer for our initial meeting, K-9 Advisors spent countless hours on the phone advising how to coop with the situation. From the first meeting with our trainer, Tyler Jones, we could not have been more thrilled. He took the time to listen and assess the entire situation, often times he would spend beyond the allotted session to ensure we were comfortable with homework we were given. Tyler was great about asking our comfortability on obedience methods as well as providing resources and tools for training the dogs as well as ourselves. Tyler never rushed the process, allowing us to speak around our concerns and progress each week. Mr. Jones was always on time, professional, courteous, and respectful. He was so amazing that my daughters hired him for an additional full set of training sessions to correct their Boxer and Labrador’s behavior towards other dogs. In learning more about Tyler, not only is he the WORLD’S BEST TRAINER, but he is an American Hero that served in Iraq training several dogs to go on tours to save our husbands, wives, sons, and daughters. I often asked if I could adopt him as my son – as he is our family’s HERO! I am happy to report that we are able to have not only Regan and our Rottweiler together, but also even my daughters’ boxer and labrador together all in one room playing. This is a result from the amazing instruction from K-9 Advisors, but mostly from Tyler. Even though our sessions are over, Tyler is always happy to receive a text or call if we still need additional help once in a blue moon. You could not ask for any better training service. You won’t be sorry asking for Tyler Jones and using K-9 Advisors!! THANK YOU TYLER!! THANK YOU K-9 ADVISORS!! -The Kutney Family

Description of Work
Provided dog training and obedience methods for dogs

08/21/2014

Tina P.

We did the 5 week plan and Edel trained me and my wife, ok and our Akita also. All off-leash commands and also he trained him not to go past the front door without us giving the command. We can now leave the front door open, walk away and he will not leave. K9 Advisors is a very good company and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Foundation Dog Training Program

01/17/2014

Liz K.

Description of Work
I called to inquire about training for my two dogs. After a very long conversation with a receptionist, I found out that the evaluation is free, but you must pay for at least one lesson. The owner immediately called me back and was very apologetic and helpful. We scheduled a lesson and he took his time going over the information so I could take notes and work with my dogs. I decided to schedule a group of lessons and found the prices reasonable compared to other companies. | |I was also very happy that the fees are by lesson and not by dog. Other companies wanted to charge more for the same lesson because I have a second dog. | |So far I am able to practice the skills on my own with my dogs, and we are seeing progress.

06/18/2013

Allyson R.

The trainer we worked with, Laz, taught us how to retrain our dog....and more importantly how to retrain ourselves as the owners. He was professional and courteous. He answered questions and was even available in between our training sessions to give support. He was great with our dog and we were able to make and see some immediate changes in her. She continues to improve and Laz has been working with us based on our needs and concerns. I would highly recommend Laz from K9 Advisors to anyone looking for training. He has been great to work with, enjoys what he is doing and is knowledgeable. It has been a great experience and well worth the money spent!

Description of Work
The trainer we worked with, Laz, worked with us mainly on leash management as per our requested needs. Our dog would go ballistic when encountering another dog while on a leash.

Animal Training
    Satisfaction

We offer puppy potty training or housebreaking, basic obedience commands, off leash obedience with hand signals, severe dog behavior problem solving, personal and family protection training, therapy dog training, service dog training for seizure alert and response, diabetic alert and medical response service dog training, autism service dog training, PTSD service dogs, mobility assistance dog training. We have trained service dogs and obedient, protection dogs available for sale and adoption.

We do not groom dogs or offer pet sitting / house sitting services. We are also not dog walkers but are glad to refer good dog walkers, pet sitters and groomers in your area.