J J 's Locksmith Services

Founded 1994 • With Angi since October 2010

12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

4001 NW 20th Dr

Gainesville, FL 32605

Our work is considered essential, and continue to work through the pandemic.

Please call for more details.

All work done by a legally Certified Locksmith with almost 30 years experience; no trainees, apprentices or technicians. We're very reputable and reliable; all workmanship guaranteed for life of use, and all appointments kept and completed in a timely fashion. Our service vehicle is well stocked and equipped for the every day lock and security needs of our North Florida residents and businesses. Your safety and security is always our top concern. When reputation counts, you can count on us....

locksmith (77)

04/27/2021

John K.

Excellent! They were very flexible with scheduling; I had to ask for a last minute rescheduling of the initial appointment, to a later Saturday. They said that was no problem and showed up right on time. I appreciated that they texted me that morning to confirm, since we were traveling in from out of town. Because it was a job at my son's house, I had mistakenly told them it was a re-key, but in fact the lock itself was partially broken out. This wasn't a problem for them and the job was completed in less than an hour. Their price was very reasonable, well below what I would have expected to spend. They were very friendly and easy to deal with and said they especially valued Angi customers. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing locksmith services in the Gainesville area.

Description of Work
replace broken lock on shed

Work Completed On 04/24/2021

01/25/2020

Kenn D.

Showed up on time. Very friendly and professional as well as knowledgeable. Got the job done in in less than an hour. Price as quoted on the phone.

Description of Work
I had front and back door re-keyed of home.

Work Completed On 01/25/2020

10/19/2019

Randy C.

Wonderful experience from beginning to end!

Description of Work
Door locks repaired

Work Completed On 10/19/2019

08/14/2019

Meagan A.

JJ is a terrific locksmith. We have utilized his service and expertise in several homes and we are pleased every time. He also cuts original keys so they hold up well and it gives us great peace of mind. Thank you, JJ!

Description of Work
replace and re-key all locks

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

05/14/2019

Matthew S.

JJ was on time and rekeyed all the locks in a timely manner. Bonus: doors/locks works better than before he worked on them. Great service and nice guy all around.

Description of Work
Rekeyed all the locks after home purchase

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

03/13/2019

Rick P.

JJ's Locksmith showed up when they promised, fixed the door quickly and efficiently and was courteous and professional throughout the process. I would recommend them highly and will use their services again when needed.

Description of Work
Replace my front door opener

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

08/27/2018

Laurie B.

I have used JJ's Locksmith Service in the past and once again could not be more pleased with every aspect of of their business...expertise, professionalism, promptness, etc. One of the very best overall businesses in the Gainesville, FL area.

Description of Work
Rekey 2 locks to new code and lubricated locks, latches, hinges, etc.

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

03/11/2018

Terri M.

J.J. was excellent. Arrived on time and was very professional and courteous. Not only did he rekey our locks, he improved the operation of the locking mechanism. Doors now close and lock smoothly and easily. We would not hesitate to recommend him or use him again.

Description of Work
Change locks on new home

Work Completed On 03/02/2018

01/28/2018

Barbara G.

Called 15 minutes before to confirm. Showed up. Installed lock. Professional courteous efficient. Perfect!

Description of Work
Front door lock didn’t work. I called on Friday and woman who answered (wife) asked great questions and made terrific suggestions. Still realized we needed lock changed. They said they would come Saturday for no extra charge.

Work Completed On 01/28/2018

01/11/2018

Michele K.

Great! Very pleased with JJ’s work. He was timely, professional and did a fine job.

Description of Work
Broken exterior door lock

Work Completed On 01/11/2018

12/09/2017

Kristy W.

Excellent and prompt service! Definitely appreciated during a holiday weekend. JJ and his wife were very helpful in resolving our problem and also tweaked another door latch to fit more securely (it wobbled). Very friendly and knowledgeable when asked for advice on future upgrades. Will definitely call for future services needed.

Description of Work
Had broken latch on door; unable to open door.

Work Completed On 11/24/2017

10/28/2017

Tom B.

He did a great job, second time I've used him and I would not call anyone other that his company in the future

Description of Work
Repair door that would not close properly, repaired 2 deadbolt locks and made 4 new keys

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

10/12/2017

Laurie B.

J.J.'s Locksmith Service is, by far, the best customer service, etc. I have experienced with ANY type of service need for the last 30 years! They know their stuff....are professional, extremely knowledgeable, polite, pleasant, prompt, very reasonably priced, and go the extra mile to provide the best service possible! Very unusual to find this kind of business in these times.

Description of Work
Numerous deadbolts and door locks rekeyed, etc.

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

09/19/2017

Samantha K.

JJ's Locksmith went above and beyond to help me! They came after hours, explained everything they were doing, and gave a more than fair price. They were extremely kind, courteous, and flexible! I would recommend them to anyone and will use them in the future!

Description of Work
I needed the locks changed on the house I just purchased.

Work Completed On 09/19/2017

09/01/2017

Deborah B.

J.J. took a little less time than he'd estimated he would need and now every lock opens with the same key! Wonderful! But even better was that he fixed our storm door which has been hard to close since the day it was installed. I liked J.J. right off the bat. I thought I'd probably just have all the locks replaced and he convinced me I didn't need to do that. He is professional, honest, and seems inclined to go above and beyond. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
It started with a stuck back door. We couldn't get it open. When we tried our key in the other locks around the house, we realized that every lock was keyed differently. This posed a real problem, needless to say. The door that was stuck (due to settling) was our main door. I called J.J. and he came out to my house the same day. Due to my weird schedule we couldn't have the work done until 4 or 5 days later (plenty of time for me to appreciate how inconvenient it was not to be able to use our main door).

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

06/08/2017

A H.

Very timely and fair price. Professional interaction with owners.

Description of Work
rekeyed the house

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

02/12/2017

Carol H.

Excellent in every way! JJ his wife arrived on time, and JJ completed all the work in an outstanding and professional manner. He exhibited an evident depth of knowledge about his craft and pride in his workmanship. I could not be more pleased - I highly, highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Re-keyed locks

Work Completed On 02/11/2017

12/12/2016

Steve H.

Excellent! J.J. arrived on time, completed all the work in a quality manner and also adjusted the lock mechanisms on each door so that they work more smoothly. I will definitely hire him again and recommend him to others without reservation!

Description of Work
I needed a double cylinder lock on the front door rather than the single cylinder lock that was there. I also needed to have all the locks rekeyed.

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

08/19/2016

E f N.

Excellent. Professsional. Courteous. A model of how work should be done.

Description of Work
Replaced front entry lock and garage lock.

Work Completed On 08/17/2016

07/26/2016

BRIAN S.

I could not be more pleased with JJ's Locksmith. The owner and his wife arrived early, were friendly, informative and detail orientated. Not only did they replace the locks, they repaired another door that was loose and prevented the lock from latching securely. This is the only locksmith we will use going forward in Gainesville.

Description of Work
Rekeyed four locks in the home.

Work Completed On 06/23/2016

It was a pleasure meeting and working with you guys. Thank you for the review and the opportunity to be part of your team. Good luck with all your goals.I am sure you will meet and exceed them all. Gratefully yours, JJ

07/21/2016

K S.

JJ and Elaine were super professional from the get go. They were able to get out to me the same day and called when they were going to be late. JJ gave me a lot of advice about securing my home, not just with door locks. He offered ideas on how to maintain my locks, especially in the face of Florida's "natural beauty" (i.e. sideways rain), He was quick and thorough and the prices were great. He had everything he needed with him, even when he had to replace a deadbolt and adjust for a door that had settled. He offers a guarantee on all his workmanship.

Description of Work
Rekey a new house

Work Completed On 07/21/2016

Thanks for the great review. Please let me know if you need any more help or advice with the accessory locks as we discussed. Good luck and best wishes, JJ

05/09/2016

Thomas R.

My son was there for the work. JJ was very personable and explained the work.

Description of Work
Replace locks in older home.

Work Completed On 05/09/2016

04/08/2016

Sara O.

It went really well. J.J. knows his business well. He and his wife were very responsive and punctual. J.J. had to put extra time and effort into some of the doorknob locks that had not previously been rekeyed. He provided an Angie's list discount. J.J. is very friendly and made us feel very comfortable.

Description of Work
Rekeyed all of the locks on the house we just purchased. He also fixed the house numbers (that were askew) at no cost.

Work Completed On 03/31/2016