Elmquist Eye Group

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 2008

7970 Summerlin Lakes Dr

Fort Myers, FL 33907

Elmquist Eye Group has two Locations: 7970 Summerline Lakes Dr, Fort Myers, FL 33907; 2336 Surfside Blvd, Ste 121, Cape Coral, FL 33991 E. Trevor Elmquist, D.O. founded Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers in 1992. Elmquist and his skilled associates Dr. Kate Wagner, Dr. Nina Burt, and Dr. Sarah Eccles-Brown continue to provide a complete range of medical and surgical eye care to the residents of Lee County. Services include routine eye exams, diagnosis and treatment of cataracts, dry eyes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, and other eye conditions. The Cape Coral office hours are Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-5:00 PM. Both offices offer same day appointments. If you would like to schedule an appointment or have any questions, please call us at 239-936-2020. To see if a doctor is board certified visit www.abms.org. To see if an optometrist is board certified visit www.americanboardofoptometry.org....

06/29/2021

Peter M.

I’ve been going to Dr Elmquist for over 15 years and he is the best

Description of Work
Ocular hypertension

Category eyeglass repair, ophthalmology

07/26/2020

Kristan C.

Amazing. Dr Echols Brown is meticulous. I can’t say enough good about her. We had a lot of conversation between the first eye and the second to make sure we were matching my needs with the correct lens. Her bedside manner and follow up was incredible. I recommend her highly. I was an unusual client in that I’m in my 50’s and still working in the business world and had specific needs. The cause of my cataracts was not age but a side effect of the drug, steroids taken for my allergies. I give her an A++ for matching my needs with the right lenses! Thank you Dr Echols Brown! Kristan Cole.

Description of Work
Cataract surgery

03/02/2020

KATHLEEN P.

I had a very positive experience at Elmquist Eye Group. I called about blurry vision and I got an appointment the next day. The office staff is very friendly and efficient. I was very nervous about changing eye doctors after 30 years with the same doctor in Wisconsin. Dr Wagner is very caring and fully explained why I have blurry vision with my contact lenses. She changed my prescription and I could see much better. This probably should have been done at my last eye appointment in July with my previous doctor. I will go to Elmquist and Dr Wagner for all future.exams.

Description of Work
Complete Eye exam

11/18/2019

James H.

My exam was very thorough and explained along the way. The staff was very friendly and professional. Dr Elmquist also was very pleasant, professional, and friendly as he covered the results of the exam. Great, as they put it, bedside manner. I would and will recommend this practice to my family and friends!!! Double A+ Rating!!!

Description of Work
Complete eye exam

Category ophthalmology

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

07/09/2019

Barbara T.

The exam went perfect. Techs were personable and competent - Dr. Wagner was performing the eye exam. She was very nice, respectful in manner & attitude, quite efficient in tests performed and diagnosis & medicine prescribed - DEFINITELY recommend !!

Description of Work
Exam for foreign body on eyeball

Category optometrist

We are so glad you had a wonderful experience! Thank you for choosing us to meet your eye care needs. We look forward to seeing you again.

07/14/2018

Donna B.

Eye examination was very thorough, staff was very pleasant and I will go to them for my followups. Glasses were a bit expensive, but they are perfect. I will get glasses from them again.

Description of Work
eye examination and glasses

Category eyeglass repair, ophthalmology, optometrist

06/28/2018

Cathy H.

Beautifully - able to see 20/20 after the Vag before it was 20/60

Description of Work
Vag - clearing gel from behind the lens

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Thank You Kindly for your review.

08/24/2017

b W.

They were excellent. They were very fast. Got me in right away. I really liked them a lot.

Description of Work
They seen me for a eye problem.

06/30/2017

James M.

Ophthalmologist prescribed expensive eye drops for allergies although no allergies were detected. Doctor then diagnosed patient with glaucoma and set schedule for invasive laser surgery. Technician performed refraction exam and charged patient for eye script even though the patient was NEVER advised nor requested an eye exam (in fact, patient advised staff that patient's vision insurance plan would cover refractive exam elsewhere). In order to seek a second opinion on the Glaucoma diagnosis, Elmquist charged the patient $1.00 per page for the doctor's report. Elmquist refused to provide their State Certification (License) number to patient so patient could seek reimbursement for wasted refractive exam and prescription.

Description of Work
Exam for dry eye.

03/18/2017

Howard C.

I was very pleased with Dr Eccles-Brown and her team at Elmquist Eye Group. Given my past eye history I was pleased with the care and follow up.

Description of Work
I was in need of a thorough eye exam by a reputable opthomologist.

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Thank You Kindly Mr. [Member Name Removed] for your review. We are happy you have chosen our team for your Eye Care needs. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

08/21/2016

After surgery vision was worse than before drops 3 times a day now so l can see nice people poor results

Description of Work
Cataract surgery

Category ophthalmology

Thank you kindly for your review. Please contact our office immediately with any concerns regarding your vision as we are always available.

08/10/2016

SHE IS GREAT VERY NICE & EASY TO TALK TO DID A GOOD JOB BEEN GOING HERE FOR 5 YEARS NOW SEEN DR ELMQUIST DR BURT & NOW DR WAGNER ALL OF THEM ARE # 1 THEY TAKE GREAT CARE OF MY EYES

Description of Work
WENT FOR YEARLY EYE CHEEK UP WAS SEEN BY KATE WAGNER

Category ophthalmology

We appreciate your review and are happy to be your Eye Care provider. We look forward to seeing you again at your next visit.

03/15/2016

KATHERINE C.

This was a follow up recommended by my eye doctor up north. Dr. Burt was helpful and complete in her explanations and recommendations. She inserted plugs in my tear ducts, after discussing the reasons and alternatives to my satisfaction, and I think they accomplished the objective of keeping my eyes moist so irritated areas on my sclera could heal. My main concerns center on wait times. I had to wait for long periods at several steps in the process, and the entire appointment took over two hours, although my actual time with the doctor was not more than 20 minutes total. Although I was happy with the service I received, I will probably seek an alternative provider where the office is better managed to respect patients' time.

Description of Work
Consultation

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Mrs. Crump-Wiesner, We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the wait time during your visit. We strive to provide each of our patients with superior care. Some visits can be more extensive than others, but please know that providing you with optimal eye care is our top priority. The quality of service and time spent with our patients is very important to us. We thank you for choosing to visit our office and hope to continue to treat your eye care needs but respect and fully understand your decision. Thank You Kindly.

03/01/2016

William S.

I lost a whole day's pay all because they said they take a certain insurance I have and when I get there they don't take it so now I can get my eyes checked I can't pay my electric this month just a horrible experience!

Description of Work
The reason why I went there this because my doctor says that I really had to have an eye exam that there something wrong that he expected! Never got a chance to go in there I have Medicare and Medicaid and when I was making appointment they asked me what kind of insurance I had and I told them and they said everything was okay! So I took the day off of work lost money my time and gas all because they said they took Medicaid when I called to make the appointment when I got there they said they didn't take it! so now I can't pay my electric this month because of it! They just need to get their communication skills working better! Very Disappointed!!!!

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We would never intentionally mislead anyone. We apologize if there was a breakdown in communication or miscommunication from our end. We hope you were able to get your eye problems addressed. Thank You Kindly.

01/22/2016

David C.

After performing my eye exam, I was advised what medication was needed to clear up the redness in my eye. I was also shown some glasses that they sell if I was interested. All the folks were friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Simple eye exam. Friendly staff and the doctor was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for thorough review. We appreciate your feedback. We strive to provide our patients with the upmost care and consideration. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit. Thank You for choosing us.

12/28/2015

Gary P.

Through exam and vision prescription.

Description of Work
Update prescription and eye exam

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for taking the time to review our practice. We appreciate you as our patient and we look forward to seeing you soon.

12/16/2015

Harry W.

The doctor and his staff were very thorough. They have the latest equipment. The office is very pleasant. Virtually no waiting time. It was my first visit and I was very impressed.

Description of Work
Eye check up

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our practice. We are delighted to hear you had a good first-time experience. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

10/05/2015

nancy W.

Great!! Very friendly and knowledgable staff

Description of Work
Eye exam

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you as our patient. Thank You for choosing us to be your Eye Care Team.

08/11/2015

Scott S.

I saw Dr. Wagner. She was very knowledgeable and professional. Everyone was helpful. They did a very through exam and referred me to a retina specialist to check out an epiretinal (a bad spot on the retina). They even made a phone call and got me in to see the retina specialist the same day and scheduled a follow up visit. It is good that they like to stay on top of things rather than wait until there is a serious issue.

Description of Work
Rapid increase in dark floaters in one eye.

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Mr. [removed member name], Thank you kindly for your prompt and thorough review. Your ocular health and well being is our top priority. We appreciate you as our patient. Please feel welcome to contact our office if you ever have any questions.

07/15/2015

Nancy N.

I had no problem getting an eye appointment right away for a difficulty with my eye. I saw Dr. Burt. She was fabulous. We discussed my eye, had a thorough exam and then another appointment for a different more in depth test. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Burt. I felt very well taken care of, too. Elmquist Eye Group is a wonderful place. I felt that my needs were taken care of and that Dr. Burt was very knowledgeable in her field. Everyone in the office was very friendly. I am a seasonal resident in Fort Myers so it was difficult to decide who would be a good eye doctor to go and see. Elmquist Eye Group had excellent ratings and I was not disappointed. I will definitely continue to go there for my eyes when I am in Fort Myers.

Description of Work
EYE PROBLEM

07/06/2015

Diana S.

My experience with Elmquist Eye Center was terrific. Everyone was professional, kind and knowledgeable. The office environment was modern. Clean and comfortable. I am very happy with my decision to use this Doctor/center for my eyecare.

Description of Work
routine eye exam and to rule out glaucoma.

07/04/2015

Bob C.

Dr. Kate Wagner and the technicians have been very caring and professional on each visit. They are friendly and answer all your questions in as much detail as you want. I now have tri-focals. Their prices for eyeglasses and frames are quite expensive, but the quality is far better than the warehouse club glasses we had previously.

Description of Work
I went to Elmquist for a semi-annual check-up. They performed retinal photography to establish a base line. Both my wife and i started going there in 2013.

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

{members name removed}; Thank you for your review. We appreciate you coming in and are glad you took the opportunity to look at our optical department. We understand the investment of corrective lenses and we pride ourselves in providing the latest in lens technology.

06/21/2015

Jim P.

I called to see Dr. Elmquist because I have eye problems and have always seen an MD. He came in and did a general exam then said some one else would be coming in for contacts as he no longer does them. His "contact girls" are not MDs, and they seem to care more about fashion and socializing than they do fitting contacts. I told the first girl what make of contact I have worn for the last 30plus years with out incident. She concluded that I can no longer wear them and sent me home with different ones. I was able to wear them only a day or two due to pain and blurred vision. When I returned in a week to have them checked, they sent me with a new pair through which I could not see at all. As I was leaving , the eye glass person could see I was struggling, checked my rx and said they were the wrong one. I then received another pair that worked for only one eye. Weeks later, they sent me home with the same incorrect lenses twice in a row and didn't know until I pointed it out on the boxes! This fiasco went on for several weeks while I quit wearing contacts. Finally I called my former eye doctor who told me that Elmquist group never contacted them for my files! I wrote a letter to Elmquist and they switched me to the other "contact girl" who did what she called "actual, manual measurement". This is supposedly a big deal for their office although I had always had it done by my former opthomologist. I told her to just call him and get the correct measurements, but she explained it's better to "start from scratch". She also stated that they would have to special order my brand, as they do not regularly carry them...After a number of subsequent appointments- and having to pay twice, she ordered the Bausch and Lomb contacts I had said I needed from the start. Of course she had to justify herself, so she changed the measurement for one eye a tiny bit. It still isn't correct, but I am not returning there. In sum, after six months of many visits, two optometrists, God only knows how many pairs of contacts, much aggravation, and far too much money, I am once again looking for an ophthalmologist who fits contact lenses and who confers with previous doctors who were successful in treating his/her patients.

Description of Work
I needed a new eye doctor after mine of 30 years retired. Eye annual exam and check on extended wear contacts which I have been successfully wearing with no problem since the 80's.

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

We apologize for not meeting your expectations. We hold ourselves to a high standard and are disappointed when our patients are not satisfied with our care. We strive to do our best for each patient, but we do occasionally make mistakes and clearly things did not go smoothly with your case. We wish you luck in the future and hope you can find an ophthalmologist to meet all of your needs.

06/19/2015

cathy T.

my visit went well, with ongoing care being provided to find a solution to my extreme dry eye.

Description of Work
caring knowlegable staff helped me w/ my extreme dry eye problem

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

{members name removed}; Thank you for your review. Dry eyes is a common condition that affects many people. Here at Elmquist Eye Group it is taken seriously and we try to provide adequate care for it.

05/27/2015

John H.

The appointment was set up quickly, the check-in was quick. My technician was not only knowledgeable and friendly, but funny. Once I got in to see Dr. Wagner, I was surprised at how relaxed she made me feel. She did not talk down to me, but explained several reasons I might be having the headaches and checked out each possibility. Although I did need a stronger RX on my glasses, the final diagnosis was ocular migraine. I had never heard of this! As I was leaving, I was shown their eyeglass boutique where I was again treated very well and ordered both my new glasses and contacts.

Description of Work
I was having headaches and felt that they may be related to an old / outdated RX for my glasses / contacts.

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Thank you [Member name removed] for your honest and prompt review. We appreciate you entrusting us with your eye care needs and are very happy you had a pleasant experience. How nice is it to go to a doctors appointment and leave with a complete understanding of your condition while also enjoying your visit? Thank you once again.
    Eye Care - Ophthalmology
    Eye Care - Optometry
    Eye Care - Optical Sales & Repair
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Ophthalmology, Optometry, Full Service Optical Boutique, Cataract Evaluations, Refractive Cataract Surgery, Comprehensive Eye Exams (ages five and up), Glaucoma Treatment, Diabetic Eye Exams, Dry Eye Treatment, Eyelid Treatments and Surgeries, Macular Degeneration Evaluation, Contact Lens Fittings, LASIK, Emergency Care

ask for details.