Advanced Dentistry of Plantation

Founded 1977 • With Angi since February 2010

301 NW 84th Ave Ste 300

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324

Welcome to Advanced Dentistry of Plantation, the general and cosmetic dentistry practice of Marc Schwartz, DDS. We have a long history of improving patients’ lives by helping them maintain oral health and beautiful smiles as easily, painlessly, and safely as current dental advances allow. Our practice has been in the family for more than 100 years! Four succeeding generations have made this practice their own, and now Marc Schwartz’s son, Eli Schwartz, DMD, has joined the practice – the next generation to take the torch! Marc Schwartz is also treating families that have stayed with his practice for several generations. There are 3 dentists at this site. Surgery is performed at this location. To see if a dentist is board certified visit www.abgd.org....

09/18/2016

JAN D.

All the staff at this office were most helpful and explained what they were doing and answered my questions. Dr. Schwartz was great. Very good price offered on initial visit, and crown work was painless. I would recommend this dental office, they care about the patient.

Description of Work
Initial dentist visit - exam, x-rays, cleaning. Follow-up crown build up and crown placement (to follow on next visit).

Category endodontics,dentists

02/09/2016

One fell out and the other one is in comfortable. They are made of a poor quality material.

Description of Work
He put in two crowns.

Category denture labs

10/29/2015

Rozelle W.

Loved it! The best experience I've had! Their office is very modern.

Description of Work
Routine visit

06/18/2015

Michelle N.

Once I decided to go with Advanced Dentistry of Plantation, I sent an email available through Angie's List. I got a response within an hour from Dr. Mark Schwartz himself answering all my questions. I at first thought it was an automated response of sorts but when I arrived for my appointment Dr. Schwartz introduced himself and acknowledged the email exchange. I was shocked that he took the time to personally answer the inquiry, especially since it was on a weekend! This is the kind of attention everyone on the staff provides in this office. Upon arrival you are promptly checked in, given a tour of the facility, get with the hygienist, the examiner, etc And this wasn't a rushed experience. Everyone took their time to complete their task thoroughly and kindly. The facility itself is cheerful, clean, and comfortable (but do bring a little sweater as it is a little chilly if you are sensitive to A/C). This was my first appointment and I will continue to use Advanced Dentistry of Plantation for my future dental care.

Description of Work
I moved to the area last year and needed to find a dentist for routing care. I looked up several reviews online and decided to try Advanced Dentistry of Plantation.

06/09/2015

William A.

They are first class from beginning to end. Very patient caring and thorough. They are a father and son team. The hygienists are the best and the office is impeccable.

Description of Work
My wife and I see Dr. Schwartz for routine dentistry as well as crowns and implants.

10/03/2014

Richard H.

This is just an excellent practice. Everyone here is very personable, work is of the highest quality and what I like best is they discuss in detail what you need right now to get your teeth in shape, and what you need in the future, while at the same time not giving you the big sales pitch. Just the best, and I went through a number of dentists before finding one with whom I'm as comfortable as these folks. Highly recommend!

09/15/2014

I like the fact that they're office is very up to date with technology but they don't do the old fashion x-rays. It's more digital x-rays now. You don't have to wear that heavy leg going to anyone. He's very friendly, personable and he understand the fact that because you're there, you're not there because you wanna be. He's great and pathetic with the price. He's about to do something to you that not the most pleasant experience. I would use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I've had an appointment with my dentist.

09/05/2014

I am phobic when it comes to dentists. I arrived at the office and frankly it looked like I was at a spa. There was coffee and water available in the waiting room. The receptionist and staff were very helpful and there was very little wait time. Frankly I was a little nervous that because of the look of the waiting room and how attentive the staff was that the cost might be excessive. An assistant my medical information and then I was taken to an exam room and introduced to another assistant. The room had a TV and I was asked do I have a preference of show? After X-rays were taken Dr. Marc Schwartz arrived and introduced himself. I commented on the looks of his office and he stated it was done this way to keep people's anxiety down. He is a third generation dentist and his son also practices there. He explained I did not have cavities but had worn enamel.. He stated he wanted to start conservatively as possible in treating my issue. He was very cordial. During my visit the assistant asked if I wanted to stay to see the hygienist as she had a cancelation. I agreed to do so. While waiting they made casts of my teeth to build trays for cleaning them. The hygienist was the gentlest to ever work on my mouth. At one point I was confused by something she said as to my treatment plan. She contacted the dentist who came right in to clear up the confusion. By the time I was finished my teeth trays were complete and I was given clear verbal and written instructions in their use. One of the things that I found helpful was there was no sounds of drills running or the smell you associate with dental offices. Instead of open treatment areas as many dental offices have, this practice has individual rooms with doors. The cost of treatment was very reasonable and all but the whitening system was covered by my dental insurance. The whitening system was very reasonable. Overall it was the most positive experience I've had at a dentist. I could not remark on the effectiveness of my treatment because it is not complete yet.

Description of Work
I thought I had cavities in my front teeth.

07/10/2014

Nilesh A.

Scheduling the appointment was very easy. The receptionist was very friendly and I was able to schedule an appointment at a time that was convenient for me. Upon arrival, the staff were all friendly and greeted me warnly. I was taken in promptly. As a first time customer, they did a full set of Xrays at no charge. I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that Dr. Schwartz went to The Ohio State University like me, and is a big OSU football fan (Big Plus). The doctor and the staff were very professional and friendly. They didn't keep me waiting around at all. The cleaning was very good and painless. The environment was very comfortable. The office is very nicely decorated and modern. They have all of the latest technology and equipment. I would highly recommend Advanced Dentistry of Plantation to anyone looking for a quality dentist in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Description of Work
I moved from Ohio to Florida last year and was looking to switch to a local dentist. I researched dentists on Angie's list and found that Advanced Dentistry of Plantation had an A rating and many reviews which were all positive, which is unusual to find for a dentist's office. So, I scheduled an appointment for a cleaning.

06/10/2014

CRISTINA I.

The service and office is phenomenal and outstanding, you will never go to another dentist.

Description of Work
Daughter got Invisalign and I get regular cleaning and check-ups

04/13/2014

Lattee W.

Excellent service! Staffs are friendly and welcoming. Provided office tour and answered all my questions. Nice and clean office space.

Description of Work
Routine cleaning and examination.

02/24/2014

Daniel K.

They are always very good and professional. If I have an appointment, they always see me on time.

Description of Work
I go to Advanced Dentistry of Plantation for dentures.

Category dentures

10/28/2013

Frank E.

I liked the way their office is set up and that he was really nice. It was a very great and well equiped office. And they were very nice and efficent.

Description of Work
I saw this doctor for a consultaion and then a cleaning.

09/12/2013

David H.

handled properly and professionally

Description of Work
whitening

09/09/2013

Excellent, very professional

Description of Work
Whitening and general check up and x-rays.

09/05/2013

They sent me to another dentist because I had to get a couple of teeth pulled. Everyone in the office is very nice. I've only gone a couple of times so I don't have a rapport with them yet.

Description of Work
Dr. Schwartz is my dentist. He is with Advanced Dentistry of Plantation. I go back in October for a cleaning.

07/17/2013

Eric L.

I purchased a $100 coupon from Angie's List. They were extremely good. It was a very well worth work. I did the work through them because I read their feedback on Angie's List and it was very good. The appointment was immediate. The office environment was very beautiful and neat. I didn't have to wait. It was a such a pleasant experience. They made sure I was clear about everything and gave me information. They documented everything.

Description of Work
I went to Advanced Dentistry of Plantation for preventative dentistry.

07/13/2013

Angel R.

The had the availability i needed, they were prompt and on time, no wasting time in the waiting room. The office staff was courteaous and helpful. The dental staff was knowledgable, capable, kind, gentle and warm. It was really a good a experience, i cant remember the last time I had a good experience at the Dentist office. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Basic Check up Dentist and staff were very friendly, kind and gentle

06/28/2013

Kathleen R.

I was totally satisfied and I like the way he practices.

Description of Work
I use him as my dentist.

06/27/2013

Pattie W.

Called his office 6 times at telephone numbers listed on: Angie's List, telephone number found by googling his name/office, and found on his own website -- yes, some of the numbers are different. HOWEVER, it did not matter which number was called, all had the same recording "the mail box number you are trying to reach is not in service. Good-bye." click.

Description of Work
Broken tooth.

Category dentists,periodontics

Hi (deleted member name) I'm Dr Schwartz. Sorry you had the problem on Thursday 6/27. Comcast had an outage all day Thursday and we had no phones,internet or TV. Please call back and we can answer your inquiry or help with anything else. Again I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it was out of our control. Thank You Marc Schwartz 954-583-1152

06/08/2013

Dennis D.

The office was well maintained. The staff is excellent. The procedure that they did though was kind of half the job.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" that I purchased for the services of Advanced Dentistry of Plantation. They did teeth whitening.

05/12/2013

Stephen S.

I had not been to a dentist in several years prior to my first visit. I found this office on Angie's list. From my first visit to my last I knew I found my new dentist. The entire staff was incredibly friendly, proficient and professional. The office is clean and very relaxing. Dr. Swartz, along with all the staff, are attentive, caring and responsive. I highly recommend this office.

Description of Work
Exam, root canal, crown, cleaning

Category endodontics,dentists

05/06/2013

Arnold I.

Excellent service and environment. The most relaxed dental atmosphere I've ever been in. Very professional and warm personnel.

Description of Work
Teeth whitening.

05/01/2013

Ernest B.

It went very well. I was kind of shocked when they finished doing the cleaning. They gave me an evaluation and told me that I needed $6,000 worth of dental work whereas my regular dentist that I go to said I didn't need it. He told me that I do need to have an old wisdom tooth that I had a root canal on removed, but the rest of it was just ridiculous. The overall experience of what they did do was very good and they had a beautiful office, but of course they can afford a beautiful office if they charge $6,000 worth of dental work on every patient. I've never in my life seen a dental office like that. The amount of staff and clerical staff they had was amazing. I've never seen a dental office that had a conference room. I was just overwhelmed and I've been in some nice dental offices before, but this one was just incredible. I have no complaints whatsoever about the treatment that I went there for. They did the most complete and thorough x-ray job I've ever had of my teeth, which was included. It was great price, but I got the impression of a come-on. You get the special deal and then have to come back for $6,000 worth of work.

Description of Work
I purchased a "Big Deal" from Advanced Dentistry of Plantation. They advertised a special for Zoom teeth whitening and you got free x-rays. I also had my teeth cleaned and an evaluation.

04/27/2013

P Albert C.

I was afraid I had an infection and would need teeth pulled, implants etc. When I called they gave me an appt that day. Then when I got there the girl said there is NO paperwork to be filled out. After 1 min they called me into a room and asked me some questions then I went right in to see the technician. She took X-rays which were visible immediately with no waiting. Then the doctor (Eli) came in and promptly said my teeth were in great shape, no cavities, no infections and the one crown I had was tight. He acknowledged my pain but said I had signs of 'grinding' (I was not aware of this). He 'adjusted' the bite of one tooth and said I should wear a guard at night. Flabbergasted, I said ok (not expecting this to fix the problem), and also had them clean my teeth. That night I wore a guard (from a tooth whitening tray). The next morning ALL my pain was gone!! No more pressure, heat cold etc... I just wonder how many Dentists would be as honest as these people are. To top it all off ... they charged me a whopping $67 for the cleaning, xrays, examination and adjustment - because I was a 'new' patient. If you are looking for a capable, honest, reasonable, friendly, no-hassle group of Dentists ... don't bother looking anywhere else.

Description of Work
Had extreme tooth pain on upper tooth and tooth below in addition to cold/heat and pressure sensitivity.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Plastic Surgery - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Gum Care/Periodontics
    Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Denture Labs
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

General, cosmetic & restorative dentistry, endodontics, invisalign, teeth whitening, full mouth rejuvenation, botox, juvederm, dental implants & veneers.