Tropical Doors Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2010

1133 King St

Cocoa, FL 32922

Tropical Garage Doors is known for being family owned & operated. Striving on being the best in the business with our fast, friendly and professional services! Our certified technicians are trained in serving all different brand openers and garage doors! We look for to serving you!. Home of the $99

08/13/2020

Steve W.

Easy peasy, they were done in 15 minutes. Replaced damaged parts, tested and adjusted door, drive chain tension and up and down limits.

Description of Work
Replace stripped gears in my garage door opener.

Thank you !!! It was our pleasure

04/19/2020

Robert P.

I called Tropical Doors on Thursday & got an appointment for Friday between 11:00 & 1:00. Lady called around 12:30 and said installer running late and would be here between 1:00 & 2:00. The installer arrived at 1:10 and was gone in 40 minutes. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Spring replacement.

Category garage doors, garage builders

Thank you do much for your business !!! It was a pleasure working for you

01/24/2020

thomas D.

excellent service, very professional , immediate response, will definitely recommend to anyone needing garage door repair.

Description of Work
broken springs

Category garage doors

Thank you for your wonderful review and your business..

10/08/2019

Heather H.

Wonderful service from Owner of Tropical Door who fixed the problem and did not charge us anything - when we do need a new door we shall certainly call him back.

Description of Work
Roller fixed on double garage door.

10/01/2019

Tom G.

Exceptionally well, technician said door was in good repair and did not have to be replaced. This was a shocker as most others want to replace everything needed or not! Door was realigned and adjusted in approximately 30 minutes. I had this company replace both of my doors a few years ago with current codes for high winds/hurricane standards an have been very pleased with their work ethics and standards. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY for any type of garage door work.

Description of Work
Repair/realignment of the door for neighbor

Category garage doors

Thank you !! Pleas let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Have a great day.

01/17/2019

Francis I.

Excellent service and timely and responsive installation by Jeff. Jeff was also very informative on new opener operation. Was also provided discount due to mention of seeing Tropical on Angies list. Definitely will call them on any future garage door issues.

Description of Work
Install new garage door opener.

01/02/2019

James W.

The short form is that these guys are first rate. Their office gave me a two hour window when I scheduled the service call a week ago, and the technician called ahead to let us know when he would be there. The technician replaced two pulleys and a cable, checked over the rest of the door, added some foam to improve the seal on one side, and was done in 40 minutes at $115 total. I'm an engineer and I do a lot of my own work, which included installing our heavy insulated steel Clopay doors with all the wind code hardware in 2005. I'm also inclined to question whether a contractor knows what they are doing, having been burned in the past. So, I make a serious evaluation of whether I could do the job better myself, before I hire a contractor. In this case, one of our doors no longer opened smoothly, and on further inspection I found that the wire rope on one side was birds-nested and the pulley didn't look quire right. This was the first time we'd ever had a problem with the doors themselves, so having Angie's List available to check reviews was a major help, as we had never had to call anyone to service the doors until now. I decided to give Tropical Doors a shot, and it worked out well. The technician was punctual, friendly, and straightforward. After only a few minutes he showed me where the pulley was worn out and recommended that this should be a simple repair. No BS, no scary stories. Up to that point I was worried that I had made an installation error thirteen years ago, but it turned out to only be a worn out pulley. He recommended replacing the opposite pulley as well, just to be on the safe side and I agreed. That and replacing the damaged wire rope was all it took. He ran the door up and down a few times to show me that it was back in smooth operation, and noted that he found it to still be sealing well, with only one small section where he added some additional foam. I appreciated the attention to detail and the thorough treatment of the job. And he was in and out in about 40 minutes, and I can't complain one bit about the total cost.

Description of Work
Garage door cable and pulley repair

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. we appreciate your business and we are glad everything worked out smoothly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. Thank you again for choosing Tropical.

12/19/2018

Venice G.

I am very pleased. It took longer than expected only because the technician was very thorough in troubleshooting and resolving the problem of the door not opening completely. The belt was changed and the lubrication now gives me a garage door that not only opens, but opens quietly and completely. Kudos to this company. Technician was courteous, prompt, personable and professional. I would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Fix automatic garage door, change belt, lube, adjust

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your business. We appreciate your feedback, please let us know if we can help you with anything else. Happy holidays

10/31/2018

Michael S.

Technician came promptly and took the time to understand my problem. I had thought I would have to replace the door, but he gave me several options and told me he make it work. 20 minutes later, I had a working garage door!

Description of Work
Fix garage door

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business. We are glad that you're pleased with our work. Please call us at no hesitation if you are to have any problems or questions. Thanks again Tropical Doors

10/28/2018

Sonya M.

Chris was very honest, punctual and totally professional. Another garage door company charged us 175 for 17 minutes last year ,with no parts or tools necessary. Use these guys! They don’t take advantage of ANYBODY!!! It restores our faith in this world. There are still honest people out there.

Description of Work
Door adjustment

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your business. Please call if you need anything else.

09/26/2018

Jane Q.

Technician was very professional, extremely knowledgeable and he completed the job in 30 minutes. Price was very competitive. I highly recommend this company. My door operates smoothly and is very quiet!

Description of Work
Broken garage door spring.

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your business !!!

09/18/2018

Joy E.

Called for an estimate on Friday and Chris came at the appointed time on Tuesday. He helped me assess the options based on the condition of the door and the 16 year old screw drive opener. Decided to simply install a new chain-drive opener and track. The door was working well, but the opener had a broken coupler and a bad main circuit board due to a lightening strike in 2015. He installed a Lift Master 8365W-257 with WiFi, 2 remotes and an exterior keypad. Also replaced the rubber seal at the bottom of the door. Garage was full of "stuff" and he was able to work around it and quickly get the opener installed. Works great! So happy!

Description of Work
Garage door opener quit working several years ago. Also considering new hurricane rated garage door.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business !!! Please let us know if we can do anything else for you in the further. Thank you again

07/17/2018

Michael N.

I made the appointment to have the springs replaced as one of them broke after 35 years. I made the appointment on a Sunday afternoon for a Tuesday 1pm appointment. Jeff the service tech called me around noon to let me know he was running behind. I appreciated the call for the heads up. He showed up at 1:45 and was done in about 20 minutes. Springs replaced and some minor adjustments. It seemed like it took longer for the paperwork he had to do. Jeff was very professional and very knowledgeable and recommended a silicone spray every few months on the springs. I didn't know they needed sprayed, but now I do. They honored the 20% off coupon and I was very happy. I would definitely hire Tropical Doors again and highly recommend them to all of my friends and everybody here reading my post. Thank you Tropical Doors for your job well done!

Description of Work
Garage door spring replacement

01/31/2018

Colleen D.

One of the reasons I picked Tropical Door, Inc is because first, they had an A rating on Angie's List with a 2017 Super Service Award and second, they are family run and operated. I am glad I did. Cost was quoted on the phone at the time I made the appointment and was very reasonable. The install was done the day after I called. It could have been same day but I wasn't available that afternoon. The technician was very prompt, very courteous, had the garage door opener installed in less than an hour and explained all the features to me and answered all my questions. You can't ask for better than that! I will definitely recommend Tropical Doors, Inc to my friends and neighbors. All around A+ service.

Description of Work
New installation of garage door opener.

09/13/2017

William Z.

The service technician showed up on time and took the time to explain why the old weatherstripping had shrunk on both sides which left approx. 6 " on either side exposed. He was courteous, professional and polite. When the job was completed he took the time to clean up the area and left the garage area as if nothing had ever been done. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We needed to replace the bottom weatherstripping on our 2 car garage door.

09/01/2017

Richard G.

Response was quick. Service personnel were professional & knew exactly what to do. Price was reasonable for work completed. A belt had to be ordered and they returned promptly when it was received. Would highly recommend for any garage door work needed.

Description of Work
We needed a new chain for our garage door. When it broke, the door fell crooked and it needed to be straightened out to fall correctly.

Category garage doors

Thank you again !!! Enjoy your weekend.

08/28/2017

Jason K.

The technician did a great job, he came out to the site to inspect and be sure he ordered the correct door and hardware. He also gave me the opportunity to purchase my own garage door opener and installed it for a set price to save me some money on the project.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of garage door and installation of new garage door opener

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business !!!!!!

08/18/2017

ANGELIKA I.

We were originally scheduled for the day after I called, but Jason was on his going right by my house to another job, so he called first, then stopped to give quick estimate. His first reaction, looking at the door from the outside. The damage was barely noticeable. He said if it bothered us, we could just get the bottom panel of the door and that we didn't need a whole new door. In his opinion, the door was fine. Fast forward 20 minutes and my door was fixed and working just fine. No over haul needed. No new garage door needed. Total cost, including service call, $60. YES $SIX-TY! I was shocked! I immediately put them in my phone book because Tropical Doors is who I'm calling if I ever need garage door service again. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family! Thanks Jason!

Description of Work
I bumped my garage door with the roof of my minivan as it was going up, causing the door become uneven on the rails and a very slight bow to the bottom of the door. I had originally called another garage door repair company that I also found on Angie's List. They had over 500 reviews, almost all of which were A ratings. They said I needed a complete new garage door system which, with glass panels, would run me $2700 and a 4 week wait for installation. Another cheaper option, which was not recommended, was a complete overhaul of my garage door system...every part, bolt, spring, wheel, rod, cable, everything except that actual door plus a fee for closing my door for me when it was stuck open, which would have been around $850. I was told if I went this route, my garage door would run terrible. I'd hear thumps and knocks, and it would never be the same. My husband wanted a second estimate, so we called Jason with Tropical Garage Doors.

Category garage doors

I'm so glad we could fix our issue and glad that you're happy wth the work. Thank you for your business !!!

08/14/2017

Paulo C.

Great service, prompt, polite and very knowledgeable

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring and worm gear in the motor

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business !!!

08/11/2017

gail B.

AMAZING SERVICE ! The best thing in a long time-HONEST, ETHICAL,PROFESSIONAL, INFORMATIVE - really appreciate the attitude of Jeff and the company. How refreshing in this day and age to have people who want to offer true service for what you need ! RECOMMEND this company to everyone. He told us what we needed and fixed it with a smile!

Description of Work
Door stopped mid opening with loud noise. Called Tropical and Jeff was in area and came within the hour (or less). diagnosed as Genie Trolly needed to be replaced.

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your business.

08/11/2017

norman C.

Excellent. I have a 2-car garage. I set out the scope of work to replace all four panels (total door surface 16'x 7''), the cable set, the bottom bracket set and a damage 'Liftmaster' belt (all based on a prior competitor's visit). Chris bid the job. He advised me that I could save money by sourcing the damaged belt under warranty from 'Liftmaster' (new information!) which I did. The Request for bid was prompt, the price was fair and below the competition; we did the deal. The job was performed and completed within two days of first contact. J.J. performed the service. He was meticulous in both installation and adjustment, and offered helpful information and tips for future routine maintenance. He did an excellent job. Based on this experience, I am happy to recommend Tropical Garage Doors of Cocoa.

Description of Work
Repair to collision-damaged door panels

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your business. We appreciate it and look forward in helping you in the future.

07/15/2017

Eric L.

They’re pretty good. What stands out is that they didn’t try to up sell us.

Description of Work
We had some busting on the door and they helped us to resolve that.

Thank you !!!

06/12/2017

DEBRA C.

Great service, great price! Doesn't get much better than that!

Description of Work
Garage door opener replacement, garage door opener pad installed.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business. We're glad that you're satisfied. Thank you again have a great day !!

05/08/2017

Candy H.

Called Tropical on Monday at 8:00 AM and they were very polite and professional and had a service person at my house by 10:30 AM which is really fast in my book. He suggested both springs be replaced which made sense and replaced the bottom bracket. He did an overall inspection of the door and said it was in good shape. The job was done in less than 45 minutes and he gave me some tips on maintaining the door. A great experience and a great service guy (I'm terrible with names)!

Description of Work
My garage door spring broke and I noted that one of the bottom brackets where the cable attaches to the door was badly rusted (I live near the beach).

Category garage doors

Glad you were pleased! Thank you for the wonderful feedback and appreciate your business!!

04/25/2017

Monique W.

This company was referred to me by a customer who'd bought a home through me. They were very happy with the help they got . When it came time that I needed the service, I got to experience why they were so happy. VERY responsive, very knowledgeable, and very fair priced. You could tell he'd done this many times before. Though it was pretty involved with removing the old springs and replacing with new. He also adjusted the door closer and lubricated the tracks. Fast , helpful and fair priced. I wish all contractors were so helpful.

Description of Work
Two car garage door wouldn't work. Wasn't sure why. Tech recognized the problem immediately as a broken spring .

Category garage doors

Thank you so much much for your positive review! We appreciate the business!!