Tropical Doors Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2010

General Remodeling

1133 King St

Cocoa, FL 32922

Tropical Garage Doors is known for being family owned & operated. Striving on being the best in the business with our fast, friendly and professional services! Our certified technicians are trained in serving all different brand openers and garage doors! We look for to serving you!. Home of the $99 spring jobs, No Service Fee on broken Springs!. Free Estimates on NEW garage door. Additional DBA - Tropical Garage Doors. Additional Fax - (321) 636-1449. Additional Phone Numbers - (386) 258-1114, (321) 779-4321, (321) 724-8841, (772) 562-9884, (772) 388-6637...

garage doors (193)door installation (20)garage building (7)insulation (1)

08/13/2020

Easy peasy, they were done in 15 minutes. Replaced damaged parts, tested and adjusted door, drive chain tension and up and down limits.

Description of Work
Replace stripped gears in my garage door opener.

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

Thank you !!! It was our pleasure

04/19/2020

I called Tropical Doors on Thursday & got an appointment for Friday between 11:00 & 1:00. Lady called around 12:30 and said installer running late and would be here between 1:00 & 2:00. The installer arrived at 1:10 and was gone in 40 minutes. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Spring replacement.

Category garage doors,garage builders

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

Thank you do much for your business !!! It was a pleasure working for you

01/24/2020

excellent service, very professional , immediate response, will definitely recommend to anyone needing garage door repair.

Description of Work
broken springs

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

Thank you for your wonderful review and your business..

10/08/2019

Wonderful service from Owner of Tropical Door who fixed the problem and did not charge us anything - when we do need a new door we shall certainly call him back.

Description of Work
Roller fixed on double garage door.

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

10/01/2019

Exceptionally well, technician said door was in good repair and did not have to be replaced. This was a shocker as most others want to replace everything needed or not! Door was realigned and adjusted in approximately 30 minutes. I had this company replace both of my doors a few years ago with current codes for high winds/hurricane standards an have been very pleased with their work ethics and standards. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY for any type of garage door work.

Description of Work
Repair/realignment of the door for neighbor

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

Thank you !! Pleas let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Have a great day.

01/17/2019

Excellent service and timely and responsive installation by Jeff. Jeff was also very informative on new opener operation. Was also provided discount due to mention of seeing Tropical on Angies list. Definitely will call them on any future garage door issues.

Description of Work
Install new garage door opener.

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

01/02/2019

The short form is that these guys are first rate. Their office gave me a two hour window when I scheduled the service call a week ago, and the technician called ahead to let us know when he would be there. The technician replaced two pulleys and a cable, checked over the rest of the door, added some foam to improve the seal on one side, and was done in 40 minutes at $115 total. I'm an engineer and I do a lot of my own work, which included installing our heavy insulated steel Clopay doors with all the wind code hardware in 2005. I'm also inclined to question whether a contractor knows what they are doing, having been burned in the past. So, I make a serious evaluation of whether I could do the job better myself, before I hire a contractor. In this case, one of our doors no longer opened smoothly, and on further inspection I found that the wire rope on one side was birds-nested and the pulley didn't look quire right. This was the first time we'd ever had a problem with the doors themselves, so having Angie's List available to check reviews was a major help, as we had never had to call anyone to service the doors until now. I decided to give Tropical Doors a shot, and it worked out well. The technician was punctual, friendly, and straightforward. After only a few minutes he showed me where the pulley was worn out and recommended that this should be a simple repair. No BS, no scary stories. Up to that point I was worried that I had made an installation error thirteen years ago, but it turned out to only be a worn out pulley. He recommended replacing the opposite pulley as well, just to be on the safe side and I agreed. That and replacing the damaged wire rope was all it took. He ran the door up and down a few times to show me that it was back in smooth operation, and noted that he found it to still be sealing well, with only one small section where he added some additional foam. I appreciated the attention to detail and the thorough treatment of the job. And he was in and out in about 40 minutes, and I can't complain one bit about the total cost.

Description of Work
Garage door cable and pulley repair

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. we appreciate your business and we are glad everything worked out smoothly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. Thank you again for choosing Tropical.

12/19/2018

I am very pleased. It took longer than expected only because the technician was very thorough in troubleshooting and resolving the problem of the door not opening completely. The belt was changed and the lubrication now gives me a garage door that not only opens, but opens quietly and completely. Kudos to this company. Technician was courteous, prompt, personable and professional. I would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Fix automatic garage door, change belt, lube, adjust

Work Completed On 12/18/2018

Thank you so much for your business. We appreciate your feedback, please let us know if we can help you with anything else. Happy holidays

10/31/2018

Technician came promptly and took the time to understand my problem. I had thought I would have to replace the door, but he gave me several options and told me he make it work. 20 minutes later, I had a working garage door!

Description of Work
Fix garage door

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

Thank you for your business. We are glad that you're pleased with our work. Please call us at no hesitation if you are to have any problems or questions. Thanks again Tropical Doors

10/28/2018

Chris was very honest, punctual and totally professional. Another garage door company charged us 175 for 17 minutes last year ,with no parts or tools necessary. Use these guys! They don’t take advantage of ANYBODY!!! It restores our faith in this world. There are still honest people out there.

Description of Work
Door adjustment

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your business. Please call if you need anything else.

Broken Garage Door Springs & Cables. Broken or Bent Rollers. Bent Track, Misaligned & Rusted Track. Replacement of Sections & Panels. Install & Repair - Garage Openers. Torsion Springs -Repair & Replace. New Garage Doors.

Ask For Details