OCEAN HOME REMODEL

Founded 1998 • With Angi since April 2009

We are a full service family owned company with a factory and a showroom. Free Design Consultation for all Angie's List members! Family Owned & Operated. 10 Employees. Occasionally Uses Subs. No Travel Charges. License Number -under tach's inc DBA ocean remodeling CGC 1515714 Ariel Garrido. Come visit our showroom located at 1769 Blount Rd. Unit 102 Pompano Beach, FL 33069. Our factory is located at 3541 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Riviera Beach, FL 33404...

A Service Provider's profile image

+27 more images

patio enclosures (3)home remodeling (71)tile installation (22)flooring (15)interior painting (14)plumbers (14)countertop installation (14)lighting (10)marble & granite (9)woodworking (9)drywall (6)closet design (6)

12/30/2021

Seth K.

We were impressed with our initial meeting with Kobi and Jen. The price was reasonable, and they assured us they would be able to meet our completion deadline, as we had out-of-town guests coming to stay. The first day the crew came, they demolished everything rather quickly. The crew was cordial and friendly. However, their work was subpar, sloppy, and rushed. We chose hexagon tile for the shower. The day they installed the tile, the cuts at the corners were misaligned, they didn't use the correct mortar, and tiles started sagging and falling off the walls. We had to scrap our original idea- we now had one shower wall with hexagons, and the other two with subway tile. Throughout the renovation, I had to call Kobi to find out if the crew was planning to show up that day. Sometimes they would come in the morning. Other times they would come in the afternoon. Sometimes there was an excuse that they wouldn't be coming at all. Bear in mind, we had to have everything finished by December 15, which they assured us they could meet. We made several concessions with tiles and other materials because of delays, which was easy enough to deal with. As the deadline approached, it seemed that they were becoming more and more careless. After overshooting the deadline by a week, they were finished. The final day, the crew came in, did some work, and left without a word. We found sloppy work all over. The floor was not level, and it was over-grouted in many spots, especially the corners. Paint was poorly cut along the ceiling line. There was dirt on a brand new marble shower curb. Tiles were cracked, misaligned, or missing. The shower drain was an absolute mess. They cut the hole too large, and filled it in with grout. You can also see the cut lines they made. When we went over the punch list with Kobi and Jen, they said that all that was needed was some black grout and it would look fine. It doesn't. It stands out like a sore thumb. Before the walls were painted, they were sanded. However, they were not cleaned, and the gallon of paint we purchased ended up going to waste, as none of it would stick. When they installed the casing around the doors, one of the crewmen painted over the barcode sticker on the molding. They dripped paint, painted halfway, and even painted the trim around the outside of the cabana door, which had been painted a year ago. The best part of the job was the shower door, because a different company installed it. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, I have about 150,000 words.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of bathroom. Demolish all, install new floor & wall tiles, new shower, new toilet, new vanity, paint walls.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/22/2021

Review for OCEAN HOME REMODEL - 21142 Castlewood Dr, Boca Raton, FL - 39584368

09/10/2021

Myron I.

Excellent. We had wind damage and subsequent mold that resulted in stripping down to the studs. Together with Kobi & Jennifer, we transformed the house to an open structure, totally renovated the kitchen, dining room, family area, made a library/office, installed new flooring and upgraded al three bathrooms. Kobi has a great sense of translating a concept to reality and Jennifer had great design insights that blended beautifully with my wife's experience in renovating two prior homes. They assisted us in selecting tiles, cabinets, marble, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, etc. taking us to different stores to give advice and help us choose what to buy. We highly recommend them without qualifications.

Description of Work
Home Reconstruction & Remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, sunrooms

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

02/05/2021

Uri A.

This is our second project with ocean remodeling!! They gutted a bathroom for us that came out great and now they are redoing our kitchen! Kobi had great ideas that I would never have thought of to do! Kobi and his partner was very easy to plan with and helped us with everything! They treated us like family! I would definitely use them again! My kitchen looks amazing!!!

Description of Work
We had our whole kitchen gutted

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

01/15/2021

Lawrence W.

Kobi and Jennifer are a great team. We hired them to do our master bath and we were so happy with the results, we hired them to remodel our kitchen. Great ideas followed by a lot of "handholding" - theytake you shopping, are always looking for ways to save money without sacrificing results. They have a great crew who work very hard. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Full remodel of Master Bath and Kitchen

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

10/18/2018

Tammy W.

Don't hesitate to use this company. The best words to describe them: honest, integrity,punctual,reliable, reasonable, and best of all GOOD WORK. We are just thrilled with everything they did for us.

Description of Work
KITCHEN REMODEL,PAINT,CROWN MOLDING

Work Completed On 09/01/2018

09/06/2018

Llyod M.

We were so happy with our guest bathroom that we decided to hire Ocean Home Remodel to do our master bath. Ocean remodeling was very professional and created two beautiful bathrooms for us. Our master bath is of the highest quality we feel like we are in a spa retreat every time we step into our master bathroom.

Description of Work
Guest Bathroom Master Bathroom

Category countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/06/2018

05/25/2018

Michael D.

The work was performed over a protracted period of about six months at my request, due to the fact that I'm a part time resident of South Florida. Overall, I would give the company a rating of 4.9 out of a 5 point rating system, that due to the accidental breaking of the paddle to my living room ceiling fan. Kobi's team excels in their workmanship, especially the tile setter. I have received many compliments in that regard, and in all actuality, I'm not able to find one flaw in his work. He's that good! The men moved all of the furniture to the rear enclosed patio, and reinstalled the pieces back into their rooms without any damage or incident. Kobi was available to hear my questions at any time, and was on site often, guiding his men. I relied on the team of Kobi & Jenny to assist me in identifying how to design the remodel. They are excellent at picking the correct color schemes, along with the kitchen and bathroom design. I would have been overwhelmed and actually lost, if not for their excellent guidance. I need to acknowledge one special employee. Pablo, a very loyal and talented worker. He's a very dedicated worker, and was always open to any of my suggestions. As hectic as a remodel can be, he always displayed a very calm demeanor, and put me at ease many times. I'm very happen with the outcome, and would "in a heartbeat", contract with them in the future.

Description of Work
A complete home remodel top to bottom, including the repiping of my home.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

02/28/2018

Charles R.

Spoke to Kobi and explained that I needed replacement of three bathroom"s cabinets, counter tops, sinks, mirrors and faucets. He told me that I needed a plumber only and that he was a full service company. As far as I know plumbers will not demolish existing cabinets, tops, mirrors and then install permanent wood cabinets, install granite counter tops and replace wood frame mirrors. He sounded rushed and not interested in the job.

Description of Work
Installation of new bathroom wood cabinets, counter tops, sinks, faucets and framed mirrors in three bathrooms..

Work Completed On 02/28/2018

First of all I am sorry for any misunderstanding. I want to clarify that I did not do a job for you. How can you rate someone a F when they did not do anything wrong. You took out your frustration out on me personally, when in fact probably other companies could not help you. I dedicated my time and effort and explained to you that your job was not for my full service company.

12/26/2017

Anthony V.

We worked with Kobi and Frank Blanco. They were both pleasant to deal with and professional, and offered good design advice. The work was generally good and timely done. A few concerns though: First, our contract was for approximately $28,000, which included the lowering of a kitchen counter height and the removal of a wall separating the kitchen area from the living room area. NEITHER of those two things could be done because of structural reasons outside of Ocean Remodeling's control, so they were not done, but the price was not reduced. To the contrary, no other work was completed that was not initially contracted, yet we ended up having to pay them well over $35,000 when all was said and done. For example, the provision and installation of a 4-inch backsplash was clearly noted in the contract. It initially was only installed behind the stove area but not the sink, with an unattractively seamed quartz backsplash placed behind the sink. I objected, and they offered to put matching 4-inch glass/granite tile behind the sink as well (in a small area about 6 feet wide and 9 inches high... for another large amount of money (over a thousand, if I recall correctly), despite the fact that the backsplash was promised as part of the initial contract. In retrospect, I wish I had objected to paying more for that revision, but I went ahead and paid it just to have the project done and over with. Also... we had to insist that they replace things that their workers either broke or removed without replacing, such as the metal fitting around a fire sprinkler head -- which they insisted that they did not remove and had found missing when they'd started the work. Fortunately, I was able to show them a picture of the apartment from before they started the work that clearly showed that the fitting was there when they started. (At that point it was replaced.) They also broke a built-in porcelain in-wall soap-holder at the master bath tub, and apparently waited until I found it and said something about it to replace it, which they did with one that did not match the built-in towel bar (it was a bluish white instead of the more ivory white of the towel bar). Again, I should have objected at the time but just wanted the project completed. We were generally happy with how everything looked in the end, but it was a bit of a disappointment, and, as time has passed, I've felt that we paid too much for what we ended up getting. They are good people. Perhaps this project was as frustrating for them as it seemed to us. But we likely would not hire them again. If you do, make sure that you are very careful to have the contract reflect every detail of your agreement, including contingencies, and that you monitor and enforce the contract along the way. Otherwise, you might end up spending more for less.

Description of Work
In 2015, remodeled kitchen (new cabinets, countertops, and backsplash) in small Fort Lauderdale condo, together with new cabinets and installation of provided light fixtures and toilets in two bathrooms. Also, painting throughout living and kitchen/dining areas, and master bedroom, as well as bathrooms.

Category countertops, drywall, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/03/2015

Dear [Member Name Removed], First and foremost I am very upset to hear that you were not 100% satisfiefied with my company. It is hard to disguise a job that was done 3 years ago. The extra money that was charged was for extra work that came forth after the project was contracted, sometimes in construction unforeseen things that arise are not in my control. I never asked for finally payment until the job was 100% complete to your satisfaction. You never told us that you were unhappy? and you even recommend us to other clients? once again very sorry that we could met your exceptions. Happy healthy [Member Information Removed] year.

09/23/2017

Thomas G.

This was our second remodeling project with Ocean Remodeling. Two years ago, Kobi and his team remodeled our master bathroom and powder room. We had him return to remodel our guest bathroom as we were very happy with the results of the first remodeling project. With the original remodel, Kobi took the time to meet us at various tile, vanity and plumbing stores to review options. When we decided to have a custom vanity in the master bath, he took us to a custom cabinet maker to have this built. I was able to order my vanity, mirror and toilet online for the second project at a considerable savings. Kobi and his team were on time for the scheduled demolition and installation. Kobi checked in on the progress daily. He was available by text or call with any questions or concerns. For all three projects, his team did a beautiful job of tiling the walls and floors. We had a stone pebble mosaic tile installed in our master walk in shower and it was installed perfectly. We have friends who hired tilers through the company they had purchased their tile and were not as fortunate. Our guest bath has an arched window in the shower. Kobi's team did an amazing job tiling it. We were able to add a couple smaller projects to the list and Kobi was able to schedule them immediately at a reasonable cost. We would hire Ocean Remodeling again for future projects and have already recommended them to our friends!

Description of Work
Remodeled guest bath. Ocean Remodeling provided demolition and removal of the tub, toilet, vanity and tile. Removed a medicine cabinet and patched the wall. Fixed a sliding pocket door. Installed a new tub and shower. Moved the plumbing for a new vanity. Installed new lighting and painted. Replaced and painted a water damaged wall in our garage and molding around the garage door. We provided and paid for the materials.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

Review for OCEAN HOME REMODEL - 21142 Castlewood Dr, Boca Raton, FL - 36293368

06/26/2017

madelyn G.

Excellent. Kobi helped me pick the products, explained the process, filed the permits and was always available for questions. The price was very fair and the quality of work was fantastic. The workers were on time every day and they were organized and clean. I cannot say enough about this company. I will use them again for a kitchen remodel soon, and have already given recommendations to friends. Once the permits were approved, the entire project took 2 weeks, which included inspections. The final bathroom is beautiful!!!!!

Description of Work
total remodeling of bathroom.

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

05/30/2017

madelyn G.

Still in process, but so far excellent. The workers are on time and professional. Kobi is honest and trustworthy, plus he is always available for questions. Kobi, came with me to pick out everything and is very helpful in the design process. I would definitely hire again and recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
bathroom renovation

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

03/28/2017

Andre P.

They did major work in my house. They started the job in May and completed in July. We worked with Kobi Sharifi. They were fast for the most part they were good. There were some issues I didn't' like but we were able to overcome them. For instance they charged me for cleaning the roof but they didn't do a good job. I got a notice from my HOA that I needed to clean the roof after they cleaned it so I had to pay someone else to redo it. They knew there was mesh that needed to be removed when they gave me the estimate but then I had to have another company come out and repair it. Ocean Remodeling gave me a credit for 50% of that, but I had to come out of pocket for the other half and I did not like that. For the bathroom I give them an "A", for the paint I give them a "B" because I wish they would have used better quality paint for the interior. It may have cost me more money, but I wish they used better quality paint.

Description of Work
They removed popcorn ceilings in entire house including the garage, they smoothed it out, they completely renovated two bathrooms. They rebuilt a shower in the master bathroom and installed a toilet. They also did the interior and exterior painting of the house.

Category bathtub refinishing, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/15/2016

09/18/2016

Michael L.

Kobi and his crews (Marlon) were outstanding. They showed up when promised, always answered my calls and were set on making the project perfect. In South Florida, this is unheard of. The price was for labor and I supplied the materials. That allowed me to control the quality. I interviewed say 4 other contractors, Kobi was was by far the most professional. If I have any remodeling projects in the future, I'm going straight to Ocean Remodeling. No disclaimer needed, I never met or knew Kobi prior to this job - this is an honest review.

Description of Work
2 1/2 bathrooms remodeled. One bath 100% remodeled, second bath 50% and half bath 25%. The bathrooms were from original construction in 2002.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/11/2016

05/07/2016

Kimberly L.

excellent no complaiknts he will do my next home 1 year later, i just listed my house on May 2nd. I got offer on my house 4 days later for full asking price due to kitchen and floors and redesign. He also fixed anything that might have needed some touch ups like soft touch cabins so he does deliver on the 1 year warranty highly recommend Kobi and his team. He is very talented in working with all types of spaces, light, views and more.

Description of Work
removed laundry room to garage opened up kitchen gutted everthing rearragned design of kitchen custom cabin countertops floors redid laundry room in garage moved sink area, plumbing revamped entire living space and made it open plan with very nice design. Qaurtz counter tops modern cab that does not date great floor great price overall.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, remodeling, water damage restoration, custom furniture, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, sunrooms, home improvement stores

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

Review for OCEAN HOME REMODEL - 21142 Castlewood Dr, Boca Raton, FL - 31683523

03/04/2016

Sam & Sharon R.

My husband & I interviewed 4 very nice contractors and decided to hire Kobi of Ocean Remondeling. He had designer skills and we needed guidance to completely redo our guest bathroom and master bathroom. We also redid the master bedroom floor which continues into the master bath. New lighting was also installed into the ceiling of the master bedroom. The two bathrooms were completely demolished and redone. I am happy that we went with Kobi because his designing ideas were outstanding. What we now have, are two gorgeous new bathrooms and an elegant bedroom. Kobi was kind enough to meet us several times at the store to pick out tiling for the floors and walls and also gave us suggestions and good guidance on where to shop for bathroom appliances, furnishings, etc. He had new custom cabinets and granite installed in our master bathroom, as well as a beautifully tiled shower. Kobi's workers are reliable and show up early each morning. They are polite and respectful. We had a deadline to meet as we were expecting guests from out of the country. They got the work done on time. Kobi is a true professional to work with.

Description of Work
Completely redid the guest bathroom and master bathroom. Put in new floor and ceiling lighting in the master bedroom and closet as well as painted the bedroom and closet.

Work Completed On 03/03/2016

Review for OCEAN HOME REMODEL - 21142 Castlewood Dr, Boca Raton, FL - 30498695

01/27/2016

VinhHuy N.

Everything went well. All the work was completed in the time frame that was set. The workers were prompt and courteous. The place looks amazing.

Description of Work
I used Ocean remodeling for my kitchen and called them for my bathroom. They did excellent work. Everything looks like a showroom. Its now my dream home.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/16/2016

12/13/2015

VinhHuy N.

This was my first major renovation and remodeling i have ever done. I was very apprehensive not being familiar with South Florida contractors. Ive heard horror stories of contractors not completing work, bad work,taking money, etc. I had three contractors not from Angies list come in to give me estimates. Each one proved not to be on the level, telling me what i had to do, not what i wanted to have done. Their estimates were way off the charts!!!!! All three contractors proved to be subpar!!!!! Thank god for Angies list, as that is where i found Mr. Kobi Sharifi of Ocean Remodeling. From the first moments of meeting Kobi, i can say i was comfortable and at ease with him. First let say this, ive learned that with a major remodeling and renovation, you have to expect delays in the job, and your budget will likely not be met. These are not by any means the fault of Kobi, but due to dealing with the county, permits, inspectors, etc. As far as the budget, that falls solely on myself for wanting top of the line custom cabinets. counter tops, appliances, fixtures and tiles, and the bathroom being redesigned and customized. That being said, when i met Kobi i told him my dreams and visions for my condo. He listened to everything i said, and then we discussed it in length. He told me it could be done, we discussed and agreed on a price for his labor. Kobi transformed my condo into my dreamhome. The kitchen is by far no less than spectacular with all new cabinets, countertops, appliances and tile. Absolutely incredible and stunning!!!!!!!! The workmanship is excellent. The master bathroom was redesigned and enlarged to accomodate a custom shower. The work was phenomenal!!!! It truly is a work of art. When i show it to people their mouths open in awe, and im told they have never seen such a beautiful bathroom like this one. I have a huge smile everytime im in that gorgeous shower. I couldnt be happier with my decision to do it. The guest bathroom also was done with excellence, modern and elegant. All the floors throughout the condo were replaced with ceramic tile. Gorgeous!!!! All electrical work was done, plastering and painting, and moldings. I have to say im completely satisfied with everything that was done, and i would recommend Kobi to anyone doing remodeling. i welcome anyone to come and see his work. Truly one of the best decisions ive made. And to Mr. Kobi Sharifi who would ease my fears with a "dont worry" my heartfelt thanks and appreciation.

Description of Work
this was a complete remodeling of my condo. All electrical, plumbing, plastering, painting, and tile.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, mold removal

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

11/18/2015

Jennifer S.

The entire project was went smoothly. I was done in a timely manner. The project manager Kobi was consistently in touch with me and with the workers. He was always available when needed.

Description of Work
Totally renovation of office building. Paint, flooring, and bathrooms.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/11/2015

10/18/2015

Moliere R.

The estimate arrived for demolition of a small 7 by 3 bathroom and enlarge it to 7 by 14 of already interior room. Moving plumbing for toilet shower tub and vanity. The estimate stated the wall tile, tub, toilet, vanity, floor tile was included for $23,000.00. Which I thought was reasonable. Then I texted him for clarification and he responded. He stated all materials including building materials and permit cost had to be provided by me and was not included in the estimate. The breakdown of the cost stated 6 thousand was due as deposit and then another 6 thousand after the tiny bathroom demolition. That's 12 thousand before plumbing is even done. I have had multiple estimates, all labor estimates included building materials and Kobi from Ocean remodeling over shot the next highest estimate by 5 thousand dollars. Again they don't even include the building materials. Simply outrageous. They're professionalism is in question because they're written estimate said something different from what was explained.

Description of Work
Kobe came out to see the project we had planned for a master bath remodel. Over two weeks later finally received a written estimate for the job.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, home improvement stores

Work Completed On 10/07/2015

Hello [Member name removed] I don't thing you understand the side of your project. this is not 7 BY 3 bathroom, you want to change I/2 of the layout of the house, we need architect plan the show new plumbing, electrical, mechanical & building structural, we need to pull permit for this job, there is cost for using professional people. you need compare apple to apple, I cant do this job with out structural engineer to approve the job. good luck & thank you for the opportunity

07/28/2015

Kimberly L.

Our house is old and never been remodelled in any form. In fact my house had this huge 20ft laundry room in the center of the house with a linear kitchen next to it. The laundry room took all the space and kitche was original. I seeked angies list to see which contracters I should hire to try see how much it would cost for new kitchen and floor and removal of this laundry room and appliances into garage. I called in several contracters. They wanted to the quick fix. Which was go over the floor as i had tile. Then forget about putting laundry room into garage and their quotes were high. In fact the majority of them wanted to take short cuts and not have to remove the wall or laundry room and just redo kitchen as. They did not spend long in the house to determine the best move or try to work with me to keep in budget. And in fact there quotes turned to be more for less. Then Kobi came by. He probably spent 2 hours in the house looking at stuff, looking at light, looking at design, going over budget , talking about floor, design, what i can do or what i could not do. Which was keep as is and just kitchen but he said he hirely recommends that i go for removing the laundry room in addition to doing the kitchen to open up the house. he also said he will not go over the white tile. And we must remove the tile before we placed the new wood like ceramic tile over the terazzo. And so right he was. The end result is stunning. I highly recommend everyone hire Kobi for your remodel. His crew are really clean and respectful and quick. What they did in a month is quite amazing and the entire project that was a big job took 7 weeks to complete. Another thing I liked about Kobi as the communication was very good. His management style is quite intense advising the crew and vendors what to do and he did not take much flack from anyone other than telling them what the best solution is and that they must complete it to the best of quality. He also kept in contact with us about the outcome of each section of the house that relays to electrical, plumbing, design etc I was a little nervous of south florida contracters to begin with but with Kobi i felt comfortable. He kept his word every step of the way. I also gave him a deposit 4 weeks prior to start 4 weeks later. And he was there at 8am on that date with crew like he said I would be. Another highlight with Kobi is he will meet you at any time at the store if you are unsure about what design to choose. He advised me what to do best. And i can say he was 100% correct. I do not believe you can go wrong with Kobi and hiring him to remodel your house. Him and his crew are very efficient and diligent.

Description of Work
designed new kitchen remove laundry room removing old flooring. replace new flooring ceiling changed position of sink and redid all plubming redid electrical as old reinforced ceiling managed all staff and vendors placed washer /dryer into garage ceiling lights cabinetry quartz countertop back-splash

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/08/2015

05/08/2015

Teresa L.

Excellent results. The new bath and shower are great. All the suggestions worked out perfectly. Colors and materials are perfect. We are extremely pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Total remodel of shower and bath. We had a sunken tub and a prefab shower stall. Kobi helped us design the new shower and tub and to pick out colors and materials. His choices blend perfectly with our existing granite countertop and tile floors. Our new shower and tub area is quite impressive. The workers were punctual and hard working as well as polite and trustworthy. Kobi is very easy to work with and accommodated all our issues. I will certainly use Ocean for any other remodeling we will have done.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling