Friendship Heights Chiropractic

12/31/2022

8:00 AM - 11:00 AM

5100 Wisconsin Ave NW Ste 251

Washington, DC 20016

Chiropractic care for adults and children of all ages. Dr. Thomas Connelly and Dr. Andrew Hancock specialize in gentle, safe, Chiropractic manipulation, Corrective Exercises, Lifestyle Advice, Spinal & Postural Screenings, and Physiotherapy and massage therapy. Award winning....

08/31/2020

Shelia T.

Frienship Heights Chiropractic staff is friendly and the wait time is minimum. Dr. Hancock is responsive in address my concerns, my overall health has improved from the services provided. I highly recommend FCH.

Description of Work
Lower back and neck issues are actively addressed

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

11/05/2018

aubri O.

I have been going to FHC for 2 years, and I 100% vouch for and recommend them. I was referred by friends in the theatre community, and have since sent everyone I know to them as well. I work with Andrew Hancock, and he is so friendly, engaged, professional, and open. He answers all my questions, works with my limitations, caters to my unique needs as the profession (acting and office) necessitate, and always leaves me feeling great. I started on a rigorous twice weekly regimen, and have been reduced down to every 2-4 weeks as feels necessary. I never felt like I was being pushed into a schedule or product I couldn't afford, and always had a clear view of my expenses. They worked with my insurance, so I've only every paid my $30 copay, and when i reached my out of pocket maximum, they were quick to refund me overages. The staff is super friendly and responsive, kindly handling last minute cancellations, and squeezing me in when they can if they can. The hours are also great for non-normal schedules. Early, afternoon, late, you'll be able to get in somewhere in your and there schedule at least once a week. Everyone I send is a convert, and the quality of life for me, my housemates, my partner, my costars, and my friends have all been improved.

Description of Work
Chiropractic care

Category chiropractor,massage therapy,pain management

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

08/10/2017

Edyta K.

Dr. Hancock has been so wonderful, my condition has improved I feel so different as compared to when I first came to see him. He is a caring doctor who really understands his patient’s needs and problems. I feel so blessed to be his patient and I trust Dr. Hancock’s skills to provide the best care for me. He is extraordinarily talented and nice, he spent time listening to my concerns and came up with a great treatment plan. Dr. Hancock has helped me tremendously, I came to his office with upper back pain (I could not move my upper body quickly) and it was painful to sit. When I came to the office my spine had some complications, the upper part of my spine was always giving me upper back pain, my shoulders felt very tight and my upper body as well as lower back felt as if I had little movement. Now going for 3 weeks for chiropractic treatment therapy with Dr. Hancock my upper back pain has subsided, I can move my upper body much more easily and my body feels much more flexible. I also have more flexibility and movement in the neck area which before felt rigid and immovable before the treatment. Additionally, people have noticed that I have a better posture. I can say that now I am completely pain free. It feels that I have my body and life back because of all the noticeable changes. I highly recommend Dr. Hancock to anyone seeking chiropractic treatment.

Work Completed On 07/31/2017

03/31/2016

Nazakhtar N.

I have been a patient at FHC for a number of years and have been treated by most of the doctors there, although I regularly see Dr. Hancock. The medical/chiropractic treatment that I have received at FHC is superb! With a few treatments, they improved all of the issues I had with my back. I had been struggling with back pain for over 20 years which made it excruciatingly difficult to work long hours at my job (attorney). The FHC team lead by Dr. Hancock set me on a path to long term recovery. Dr. Hancock has also been treating me while I've been pregnant. He has been employing specific techniques that are very gentle (given the pregnancy) but nonetheless effective. I also sent my father (a doctor and medical school professor) to Dr. Hancock . He was very impressed with Dr. Hancock's knowledge and treatment, which confirmed my experience - that he's extremely good. I recommend Dr. Hancock and the entire FHC team without reservation.

Description of Work
Chronic back pain for 20+ years, exacerbated by long hours at the computer for work. Interaction with provider was great!

Work Completed On 03/31/2016

02/26/2016

Victoria W.

Dr Kebede from FHC was absolutely wonderful. Professional, skilled and emphathetic. The entire experience with Dr Kebede and all his colleagues at FHC was stellar. I highly recommend this practice to others in need of chiropractic care. First rate!

Description of Work
My husband had severe back pains.

Work Completed On 02/24/2016

02/07/2016

ERIC S.

When I stared treatment I was very inflexible and had pain. He started treatments and I am much better; on going.

Description of Work
Dr. Hancock is my chiropractor. I've been a patient for about 1 yea.

Work Completed On 12/02/2015

10/23/2015

Mary Beth M.

My treatment at Friendship Heights Chiropractic by Dr. Andrew Hancock was amazing. He listened carefully, explained my x-ray results, and then gave me an adjustment. (This was after a previous appointment when he took x-rays of my spine to locate the source of the problem.) After my first treatment by Dr. Hancock, things changed. I walked in with considerable pain in my lower back and legs. I walked out pain free. It was like I was given a new lease on life. I am very grateful to Dr. Hancock for his help and expertise. I continue to see him for treatments and get my spine and muscles re-trained. I am also grateful to the owner of the practice, Dr. Tom Connelly, for having Dr. Hancock on his team. Friendship Heights Chiropractic simply offers THE BEST in chiropractic care.

Description of Work
I went to Friendship Heights Chiropractic for persistent problems with Sciatica. I was in considerable pain for a long time.

Work Completed On 10/21/2015

06/16/2015

Sarah M.

I don't have to wait long in the waiting room.

Description of Work
I go to Friendship Heights Chiropractic. I go to them every month.

Work Completed On 06/13/2015

06/08/2015

NANCY R.

Dr. Hancock put my back back into wack. He's done so on several occasions. I would recommend him. Relief is not immediate but healing was quicker following treatment.

Description of Work
Lumbar spinal sublaxation. Basically, my back was out of wack.

Work Completed On 03/11/2015

05/26/2015

Devin V.

Dr Hancock is a master of the neck. Helped me enormously. Just wished I lived closer and could get there more often.

Description of Work
Recurring neck problems. Lower back pain.

Work Completed On 04/11/2015

07/14/2014

Sarah M.

Afterwards I feel more relaxed and healthy.

Description of Work
Dr. Huh fixed up a shoulder which I had pulled out of place. They have also helped with minor shoulder, neck, and back injuries. I go about once a month for maintenance.

Work Completed On 07/13/2014

06/11/2014

Michael A.

Simply stated, the treatments have worked beautifully. I am now able to perform all my daily activities without any discomfort.

Description of Work
Have been visiting Dr. Connelly for several months for severe discomfort in my lower back. After taking x-rays, he explained my condition in layman's terms, answered all my questions, and recommended a treatment plan. He also gave me simple stretching exercises that I perform twice a day at home. In addition, the office is the most efficient and professionally run medical practice I have ever visited. Each member of the staff is efficient, and friendly as well.

Work Completed On 06/03/2014

03/17/2014

maria R.

They were very good. The front desk personnel are not friendly at all they act like they don’t want to be there. I would change the front desk staff to someone who is cheerful and happy so that when I walk in they actually look like they want to help me and act like they want to help me. They others were helpful and I was satisfied. Their bedside manner was very good as well. The doctors were friendly but the staff members were not.

Description of Work
I use Friendship Heights Chiropractic for the pain in my neck.

Category pain management

Work Completed On 09/17/2013

02/28/2014

Andrew B.

Went as expected, realignment felt great.

Description of Work
Back pain.

Work Completed On 10/18/2013

11/08/2013

Mark M.

They were very attentive, accommodating and the treatment helped a lot. They have been able to fit me in on more than one occasion when I had problems. I was skeptical at the outset, but found it to be very helpful

Description of Work
Neck and shoulder problems

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

06/24/2013

Ronan F.

I thought they were a well run office and I think that was impressive. The doctor was very attentive and looked at everything. He was nice, but I kind of expected a little bit more out of his treatment. But then again, that's the way it was and I did it for two weeks and tried it out. But he was a nice guy and I liked him.

Description of Work
I've used Friendship Heights Chiropractic for chiropractic care.

Work Completed On 05/29/2013

06/05/2013

Adam S.

I thought they were very thorough. I think they pushed a lot of unnecessary products, so I didn't follow their recommendation in terms of continuing to go back. Once I felt better I thought I didn't need to go back. The staff seemed very competent and knew what they were doing. Their diagnosis seemed competent so as far as chiropractors go, they were very good, what I expected.

Description of Work
I went to Friendship Heights Chiropractic for chiropractic treatment.

Work Completed On 10/17/2012

05/18/2013

Mary Ann L.

I have been consistently satisfied with the treatment I have received from FHC. Both Dr. Connelly and Dr. Hancock are attentive to my issues and concerns and will answer any and all questions I have. I've received both more and less intensive adjustments, but when the more intensive approach didn't work, Dr. Hancock was completely open to discussing it and adjusting his approach. Things have been all good ever since, with gentle adjustments to my spine and neck occurring with each visit. Dr. Hancock gets to the root of the problem, and he doesn't do any more than is necessary. The office staff, particularly Angelica, are friendly and efficient. Efficiency sometimes trumps friendly, but in an office as busy as this one, I greatly appreciate their efforts to keep the appointments on time and the wait for attention to a minimum. I have never had any billing issues or problems. Appointments are relatively easy to come by, even sometimes day-of, and their evening and Saturday hours make it possible to receive regular treatment without eating into work hours. After six years of being a regular patient, I can certainly say that I recommend Drs. Connelly and Hancock without reservation.

Description of Work
I've been receiving regular chiropractic care at FHC since 2007, ever since I injured my lower back by falling down the steps. I am treated, on average, once per month. I began seeing Dr. Connelly, but when he suffered an injury himself and had to take a break from practicing, I moved to Dr. Hancock.

Work Completed On 05/16/2013

05/06/2013

Stefan M.

Follow Dr Connelly's instructions and you will be perfect!!!!!!

Description of Work
Severe back pain gone ;) Dr Connelly is just amazing!!! THANK YOU

Work Completed On 05/01/2013

03/08/2013

Aphrodite K.

Before starting treatments, I had chronic debilitating pain. What I especially love about Friendship Heights Chiropractic is that clockwork punctuality and willingness to take me on short notice when I have a flare up.

Description of Work
Ongoing treatment for neck and headaches. Dr. Hancock has helped alleviate the pain and gotten me off of pain killers. Increased range of motion and comfort so that now I'm on a periodic maintenance plan.

Work Completed On 03/02/2013

01/23/2013

Sarah F.

Top notch, They are highly professional, Super clean state of the art equipment, personalized care, very promt service. Excellent job processing insurance claims.

Description of Work
I have been going to Friendship Heights Chiropractic at least 6-7 years

Work Completed On 01/17/2013

12/29/2012

David P.

All went as planned. No big deal.

Description of Work
Relocated mis-alined vertibrae.