Eye Street Massage Therapy

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2009

1634 I St NW

Washington, DC 20006

We are licensed and trained massage and bodywork professionals with a therapeutic focus and with the goal to assist our clients with stress and pain management, and to improve the quality of their lives. We want you to feel comfortable being in your body, owning it, feeling good in it, and being able to engage in the sports, work and other activities you enjoy We offer a variety of modalities including Swedish, deep tissue, sports, assisted stretching, manual therapy, medical massage, neuromuscular therapy, trigger point, manual lymph drainage, myofascial release, TMJD massage, scar tissue release, pregnancy & post-natal massage, abdominal visceral massage, aromatherapy, Lomilomi, reflexology, craniosacral therapy, Reiki, Pranic healing, couples massage and hot stone. We customize the massage according to your need or areas of discomfort or pain to make you feel better! We give clients the full 60-minute massage, not 50 minutes as many other studios do. If time is a factor, we offer shorter sessions, including in-studio chair massage where the client remains fully clothed. We also offer onsite chair massage at your location for special events....

05/04/2017

Jorge C.

The massage was excellent, The therapist was Jaime Hamrick and I definitively recommend him. He made me feel comfortable from the very beginning and was always interested in my well being. Eye Street Massage is a very professional establishment and so is its personnel. It has a very convenient location next to the Farragut West Metro Station.

Description of Work
Deep Tissue Massage

10/31/2016

Diana K.

We didn't want the massages to end! We left relaxed and loose. We liked everything about Eye Street Massage. It's a pleasant, welcoming, impeccably clean, and zen environment devoted exclusively to massage therapies. Personally, I'm glad it's not part of a nail or hair salon, etc. Easy location, too, right near two Metro stations.

Description of Work
Fiance and I each had an appointment, simultaneously with separate therapists, as a gift for his birthday. But we also very much needed a good healing massage. And that's what we got! Each of our therapists talked with us about our issues and health histories before our massage, and most importantly - listened. Providers were very "present" in the appointment, and highly professional.

Category massage therapy

It's so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your experience with us so much and didn't want your massages to end! Thank you both for coming to us for your massage treatments! We look forward to seeing you again. [Member Information Removed] Massage Therapy

10/31/2016

Elizabeth B.

I've used several different massage therapists over the many years I've been coming here, and all of them have been highly skilled and professional. They take the time to understand my problems and preferences, and very responsive to my requests as far as body parts to focus on, more/less pressure, etc. They'll often also give me suggestions for things I can do at home (stretches, posture, etc.) to alleviate recurring symptoms. I always leave feeling much better than when I arrived! While the high quality of the massages is the main reason I keep returning to Eye Street Massage Therapy, I also appreciate that they offer evening and Saturday appointments and have an online booking system. Also, I've never arrived for an appointment and been told that my therapist is still with the previous client; they must build in enough time between appointments so people aren't kept waiting, and I appreciate that.

Description of Work
I've been coming here for years to get massages for muscle tightness related to an old back injury (usually 90-minute sessions).

Category massage therapy

We love having you as such loyal client with us for years, it's like seeing an old friend when you arrive! We're lad you find the massages helpful for your back and are happy that the online booking works so well for you. Thank you for your lovely feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

10/28/2016

Sheri C.

I thought it was amazing. Super convenient to downtown DC, great staff, and effective treatment.

Description of Work
Had significant immobility in neck...a common stress area for me. The practitioner made sure to ask enough questions before the treatment to really understand my issue, and ended the treatment with a full description of self practices I could follow to alleviate my discomfort in future.

Category massage therapy,pain management

We're so glad we were able to help you with your neck and give you back some mobility as well as some additional information so that you can practice self-care on your own when you're not able to come in to see us. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Rebecca J.

Robert was awesome! He listened to everything I had to say, ask me questions and his massage was spot on with what I was looking for and needed to relieve the pain.

Description of Work
I went to Eye Street to relieve some pain I was having in my hamstring/hip.

Category massage therapy

I am so glad to hear that Robert's treatment was spot on. We really do try to listen to our clients' needs so that we can most effectively help to relieve their aches and pains . Thank you!

Marli Y.

Great welcoming staff, nice and relax ambiance! Good music, the therapist really listen to my issue and did an amazing job! Will be back! marli

Description of Work
Lower back and neck pain due to extended office hours!

Category massage therapy

Thank you for being just a loyal fan of Eye [Member Information Removed] Massage and loving our work! You definitely need and deserve more time to take care of you! Try not to work so hard! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Eucaris F.

It was fantastic, very relaxing, very telling, our therapists were great, they took their time taking all the knots away!

Description of Work
My husband and I went for a couple's massage, it was fantastic and we can't wait to do it again!

Category massage therapy

So glad you and your hubby enjoyed your experience here! We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for this lovely review!

Laila M.

AKO knew her job and responsibilities and performed very well.

Description of Work
I had a manual lymphatic drainage with AKO and she was great and very professional.

Category massage therapy

Thank you for the wonderful review and thank you for continuing to be our client! Ako is a truly talented healer! We treasure her!

Val M.

She was great! Very skilled. It was very quiet, relaxing, and soothing.

Description of Work
Pain in upper back and neck. Provider acknowledged my needs and administered massage accordingly.

Category massage therapy

We are so glad you had a great and relaxing experience with us! Your therapist Omni certainly has a soothing and calming way about her. Thank you for your continued business! We love this A rating and will be sure to do what it takes to keep up that grade!

10/26/2016

Peter G.

Eye Street Massage is a high quality, therapeutic massage focused business. They're range of massage therapists are very knowledgable of the body, physiology and how to treat for specific symptoms and pain. I have had numerous massages there, and will be going again many times. They offer a variety of styles, including Lomi Lomi (Hawaiian Style), that serve every need. I definitely recommend them for their skill and service.

Description of Work
Great Massage - More Knowledgable Than Most

Category massage therapy,pain management,reflexology

Friendship Heights Chiropractic

Chiropractic care for adults and children of all ages. Dr. Thomas Connelly and Dr. Andrew Hancock specialize in gentle, safe, Chiropractic manipulation, Corrective Exercises, Lifestyle Advice, Spinal & Postural Screenings, and Physiotherapy and massage therapy. Award winning.

Offers by Friendship Heights Chiropractic on Angi
    Massage Therapy
    Massage Therapy - Reflexology
    Pain Management
    Skin & Body Care - Aromatherapy
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Deep tissue, Swedish massage, sports massage, medical massage, aromatherapy, abdominal visceral massage, clothed massage, orthopedic massage, scar tissue release, TMJD, neuromuscular therapy, prenatal massage, manual lymphatic drainage, myofascial release/connective tissue massage, SEVA stress release acupressure, reflexology, craniosacral therapy, energy healing (Reiki and Pranic healing), hot stone massage, couples massage, chair massage.