Capitol Hill Auto Service

DC District of Columbia County Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
09/30/2021

615 Independence Ave SE

Washington, DC 20003

Capitol Hill Auto Service is an award winning auto service company that provides a variety of services performed by ASE Certified Technicians...

06/14/2021

You’re going to love these guys. Chris, the owner, and Ryan, the manager, at Capitol Hill Auto Service are true professionals and really know their cars. You're also going to love them because—and this is absolutely essential when dealing with mechanics—you can trust them, I mean, totally trust them. I've relied on them for a decade to keep my ancient VW Passat (18 years old) in good running order...

Description of Work
Ten years of total and professional auto care

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

11/04/2019

The problem was analyzed and repaired for 1/4 the cost at the dealer! They were very professional and knowledgeable, and are now my go to auto mechanics.

Description of Work
Engine light issue.

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

08/14/2018

Very prompt attention and repaired within 24 hours. Excellent communication

Description of Work
Rats had eaten wiring so auto would not start also this caused fuses to be replaced. First time customer. GEICO dropped car off and notified by shop within a couple hours that they would soon give me an estimate. Chris was excellent and easy to work with. Very responsive via email.

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

04/17/2018

Chris was super responsive and got the job done quickly. I will definitely go back here.

Description of Work
Had the clutch and fly wheel replaced

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

06/17/2017

Repairs were performed as promised, when promised. The vehicle is performing well, the problems were fixed.

Description of Work
Front end repairs. Replacement of ball joints, brake pads and rotors on a 1999 Mazda pickup.

Work Completed On 05/31/2017

04/06/2017

The price for my service was very reasonable. Everyone was helpful and informative, starting with 2 email exchanges. The repair was completed quicker than I expected. I will definitely return here, as needed. I skipped rating "quality" because I don't have a basis for comparison. The car runs GREAT first day out. I fully expect that to continue. Barring any unforeseen complication, and if I can re...

Description of Work
Replace water pump, serpentine belt. Oil change service.

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

03/25/2017

They came very highly rated from customer reviews online. They are reasonably priced and honest. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Got the front brakes and the suspension fixed about two weeks ago.

Work Completed On 03/04/2017

10/10/2016

Fantastic. This was the best experience i have ever had with a vehicle service center. I'm taking all of my cars to Capital Hill Service Center.

Description of Work
I had a check engine light on which was preventing the car from passing inspection. When I had a dealership examine the car they quoted me $1,200 and didn't promise me that the issue would be resolved. I found Capitol Hill Auto Service through Angie's list. Ryan, who i spoke with, was great. He was very professional, explained the problems, and fixed the vehicle quickly at a price that was very fair. Ryan and Capital Hill Service Center will have my business forever. I intend to recommend them to all my friends and put them on our neighborhood list serve. This was the best experience I have ever had with a vehicle service center.

Category auto body repair

Work Completed On 10/10/2016

12/18/2015

It was fabulous. They're a neighborhood auto shop, old fashioned with great customer service. They never fail to fit me in even if I'm not on the schedule. Its family owned and epitomizes customer service. They're reasonable, prompt, and most importantly the get the job done. We've taken our, well used, mini-van there for years. They do everything from tune ups to major and minor fixes.

Description of Work
They installed 2 side mirrors.

Work Completed On 12/17/2015

09/28/2015

Excellent work (though expensive - and I blame Mazda rather than Capitol Hill Auto Service). Capitol Hill Auto Service is a delight; I love having a skilled and honest mechanic within walking distance!

Description of Work
Replaced alternator belt and performed routine scheduled service on 1991 Miata.

Work Completed On 08/19/2015