Do you need to take a trip to the dog groomers' salon? Dog grooming costs vary, but here's what to expect to pay for that shampoo and other pet products.
Find top pet groomers in New London, CT
There are 0 top-rated pet groomers in your area and 0 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Dog Grooming Reviews in New London
- PRECIOUS FURS PET RESORTWe have consistently been using Precious Furs Pet Resort for the grooming of our two Old English Sheepdogs. They can be a very high maintenance breed. We take each dog about every 6 weeks. There are 2 female groomers that we always use. They are both wonderful! Our dogs love going and get excited when we arrive. They always look and smell so good when we pick them up! Prices are responsible and staff is super friendly! I definitely recommend them read less
- Mystic ClippersThe groomer is wonderful. I was having trouble and I started talking to some people that do dogs for movies and I got a recommendation for Mystic Clippers. They are fairly new. They have been here for one or two years. I am just delighted with them. Not only are they good in the grooming sense, but it's clean and they are running a complete business where they sell other things for pets like leashes and food. It's like a one stop pet shop. They are even looking at some spa services for owners where you could go in and get a massage while your dog is being groomed. I just can't say enough for them. The place is clean and it's really well run. The couple were Wall Street brokers and they decided that it was too rough a life so they came here to the suburbs and set up this grooming business. They are wonderful. Bijons are very difficult to groom. They have a dental hygienist that actually works for a local dentist and she comes in every couple of months. They schedule appointments and dogs have their teeth cleaned, which is highly preferable to going in to a veterinarian where they have to put them under anesthetic. It is expensive but just the anesthetic worries me, especially for an older dog it's very frightening. This lady puts them in harness and one girl holds the dog and another one holds the mouth. The hygienist gets in there with her cleaning tools and does a beautiful job of cleaning their teeth. The price varies with different dogs depending on how big they are or how difficult they are. If you go every 4 weeks, they give you 15 percent off. Most dogs that really need to be groomed need to go every 4 weeks. A lot of times I had not been there for 5 weeks and they charged me $50.00 which was less than what I was paying at another place where the woman was charging me $60.00 for several years. I met these people just last year when they started grooming the dog. Once I was snowed in for 6 weeks. I have a horrible driveway. It's steep and it takes a big turn. There was a period of time when I couldn't get out and my garage door broke. I called them and told them that the dog really needed grooming, but I couldn't get out. They called about a week after that and the woman said that her husband would come over in his four wheel drive truck, pick me and the dog up, drop the dog off to be groomed, and he would take me to the supermarket and they did. They are very nice people. They are organized and clean and all other good things. She doesn't know Bijons very well yet. It is very difficult to get a Bijon's hair straight, to know where to dip in, how much waist to put on them, and how to do the legs. They are not easy read less
- Wags To Whiskers Pet GroomingThey do a great job. My little doggie was dragging me in there like she was having a day at the spa which I was amazed. The last time I went there she went right into the back. She feels very comfortable there and that means a lot to me. I've been using them probably for about two years now. They take good care of my precious pets and they do a fine job. I've got a cavalier king Charles spaniel. The owner Julie really seems to get to know and care about my pet. She also listens to me if I say I want a certain thing and I don't want a certain thing. She listens and doesn't just do her thing and she pays attention to what I want for service. I usually buy some extra things like candles from them as well read less
- BAYWOOD KENNELSEvery time we go there to drop the dogs off, they come back smelling good and looking wonderful. When we pick them up, they are full of life and very happy. They have never done anything wrong with our dogs.
- Mystic ClippersWent great. My cats hate to go on car rides. She drove her mobile pet grooming van to my driveway and I just had to carry my kitty into the van. Plus I could help hold her during the process :) I am going to use her again next summer. Kitty was cooler and didn't vomit every day because of hair balls. Plus much less shedding in the house. Without the hair and vomit clean up, it made my work around the house easier read less
- Classic Dog GroomingNot only were these folks ultra accommodating , they did an outstanding job altogether . They took into account all my dogs' Lyme Disease -caused booboos and so treated her gently while still managing to give her the complete treatment !! So , an A-plus on the washing and clipping the nails, and A-plus on the friendly demeanor, and an A-plus on the being genuinely fond of dogs . I would reccommend this salon unreservedly to anyone that wants a grooming done by folks with a terrific work ethic delivering a terrific service . Can't say enough about 'em read less
- The Metro Pooch LLCThe Metro Pooch LLC are very clean, very neat, they are very hands on, and the dogs are not caged. They run in a pack based on their size. It's such a natural thing for them to be together rather than be caged separately. There is always an attendant in the room, there is a very large room they are in, and the price is fair for what they do. They seem to get along very well and the dogs seem to be very happy. The Metro Pooch LLC has a webcam so you can see your dog on the Internet while you're away if you want to watch him. Our dog started out being very shy but at the end of four days he was wondering around with all the other dogs looking quite happy. He had picked out another dog that he was especially friendly with and it worked out beautifully for us. We have never left our dog at a kennel before so I would highly recommend this place. I got him groomed there before he came home and they did a nice job read less
- Wags To Whiskers Pet GroomingThey do bath grooming and trim. I have a blind and deaf dog and she is absolutely excellent with my dog.
- Petco - WaterfordI have been taking my animals there for 7 years. I love the grooming department. They are very friendly and they treat my dog really well. They remember me every time I walk thorough the door.
- Petco - WaterfordThe girls in the grooming department did a great job sprucing up my little dog. She didn't need a hair cut today but her ears were not smelling good and try as I might I couldn't clean them well enough myself. I called on a Saturday morning and they were able to squeeze me in the same day! They bathed her, cleaned her ears and "butt glands" and had her nails clipped. It only took about 2 hrs before I was able to come pick her up. They returned a clean, happy little pup. All in all, it was a nice experience read less
Pet Groomers in New London
- Recent Review:I noticed when I got home with my dog that she had been cut and they didn't even bother to tell me it happened. I had to take her back and forth to the vet every two days for treatment. They reimbursed me for the vet bills. I had to speak with the district manager to get all of the bills taken care of and they offered me a $250.00 gift certificate. I will never use Petco again read lessKarla L.
- Business Description:We are a mobile grooming van that comes to your house to groom your pets. We groom Dogs and Cats. Relax We Come to You!
- Business Description:Equilibria Wellness and Performance is a mobile service that offers non-invasive and pain free therapies for horses and small animals. We use MagnaWave PEMF (Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field) and MultiRadiance cold laser therapies to enhance healing, accelerate recovery, and improve performance. RI, Eastern CT, & Eastern MA. MagnaWave PEMF and Cold Laser are alternative therapies used to recharge depleted or injured cells, which optimizes cellular function and restores the body’s natural ability.. read less
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job.Recent Review:I am getting ready to use them again next week.THERESA J J.
- Recent Review:Not only were these folks ultra accommodating , they did an outstanding job altogether . They took into account all my dogs' Lyme Disease -caused booboos and so treated her gently while still managing to give her the complete treatment !! So , an A-plus on the washing and clipping the nails, and A-plus on the friendly demeanor, and an A-plus on the being genuinely fond of dogs . I would reccommend this salon unreservedly to anyone that wants a grooming done by folks with a terrific work ethic delivering a terrific service . Can't say enough about 'em . <br / read lessMartina D.
- Recent Review:I had to take my dog to this vet office three years ago. I've been hooked ever since!!! They place is quite small, but that is what I like about it. There are never more than 2 people waiting to get in so the wait time is not long. The staff is very friendly. The vet and her technician are so caring with the animals that it put the animals right at ease! I would HIGHLY recommend this clinic for any of your pets!!! <br / read lessJeffrey P.
- Business Description:Here at Wilson Home Improvement, we employ numerous people who are unable to get and maintain employment in any other field, other than unskilled labor. Our philosophy is "hire the less qualified, pay them the minimum and charge the customer the absolute most. read less
- Business Description:Additional contact name - Fred Muller. Cost is determined by the job.Recent Review:Staff very friendly and professional. Facility clean.Annette H.
- Business Description:We design and develop diverse, streamlined products for women, men, and our furry family members. We understand the need to save time, money and energy when engaging in daily grooming tasks. Our goal is to revolutionize and simplify those tasks. Cost: $5.00ea Wholesale rates are available Accept Payments: PayPal, MC/Visa/Amex or mail check/money order to address listed. Thank you read less
- Business Description:Pawtastic Touch LLC is co owned and operated by Roxanne Ramos and Judy Douton. We provide professional grooming and training. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover Cards. Call today to make your appointment.Recent Review:It was an awesome experience the ladies are total professionals and they are great with animals, I was a little nervous at first since my german shepard is still a puppy at 13 weeks but they were wonderful with her and Destiny really liked them both. <br /> I would highly recommend them and will to all my friends and family and also have another appointment in 8 weeks look forward to seeing them again and so is Destiny!!! <br / read lessJacqueline I.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful pet groomer articles
Wood, metal and stone fencing materials are popular options for residential fences, but consider your needs for enclosing your yard before making a selection.
Geothermal energy, radiant heat and solar heat are three of five unique, but effective, options to heat your home. Find out which one works best for your home.
Find dog groomers in
- Quaker Hill
- East Lyme
- Gales Ferry
- Old Mystic
- Fishers Island
- Old Lyme
- North Stonington
- Old Saybrook
dog groomers in New London
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Backyards to Barnyards Pet Sitting Serices443 Pine Hill Rd
- Backyards to Barnyards Pet Sitting Serices
- Equilibria Wellness and Performance, LLC395 Brown St
- Equilibria Wellness and Performance, LLC
- Foster Vet9 Cucumber Hill RD
Foster, Rhode Island
- Foster Vet
- Go'in to the Cats & Dogs LLC42 Anthony St #7
Jewett City, Connecticut
- Go'in to the Cats & Dogs LLC
- True Angel K9 Training175 Kenwood Rd estate
- True Angel K9 Training