Do you need to take a trip to the dog groomers' salon? Dog grooming costs vary, but here's what to expect to pay for that shampoo and other pet products.
Find top pet groomers in Hamden, CT
There are 0 top-rated pet groomers in your area and 4 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Dog Grooming Reviews in Hamden
- VILLAGE PET SPAHad an amazing first experience with my 6 month old puppy. Our puppy has a hard time staying still as grooming is very new to her. The owners were so understanding and nice about it and not to mention so friendly. I was unsure how the cut would turn out because of this and i have to say the cut exceeded my expectations. Plus our puppy smells AMAZING! 1000% would recommend to anyone needing a groomer read less
- Magic Touch Cat & Dog GroomingI never dreamed my dog would allow anyone to groom his fur (nevermind trim his nails or bathe him), but by just the way the groomer talked to him, he walked right off with her, and allowed himself to be transformed into a brand new dog! We were also surprised at how reasonable the fee was..... TOTALLY WORTH IT!! read less
- Morris Mobile Pet GroomingWent very well, Bruce was very punctual, easygoing with dogs and we were so pleased. Was so convenient to have him come right to the front door to get the dogs. Made it very easy for all of us.
- Wagging Tails Pet Sitting & Mobile Grooming LLCI have had my elderly golden boarded at Waggin Tales twice in the past year. Both times my girl was well cared for. She ate well and had many opportunities to exercise out in the yard with the other doggies. She also really loves fetching the balls that the staff throw for her. The staff text daily pics of my girl to me which I love! Great experience. I highly recommend read less
- Wagging Tails Pet Sitting & Mobile Grooming LLCOur 13-year old lab/pit mix LOVES Wagging Tails! She visited for the first time last June, when we went on vacation. They sent us photos and a note about how each day went. When we picked her up, Eden was happy and looking great from her fresh grooming. She has since returned to the “spaw” for grooming and overnight visits, and now gets extremely excited when she arrives there. Everyone there has been wonderful to deal with, and the online booking works well. They also offer periodic daily specials and many available extras (marrow bones, holiday meals) during a stay. They now have a pool as well. Not sure if Eden will be up for that at this point, but she surely would’ve enjoyed it in her younger years! Highly recommend read less
- Wiggles "N" Whiskers Home Pet Care LLCFABULOUSLY! There are not adequate words to describe what Elaine does. I don't know why your survey questions do not have at least an A++ rating, because that is without a doubt where Elaine belongs in EVERY category. I believe that she truly has a gift. My black boy cat is afraid of his own shadow. He runs to hide whenever a car pulls into the driveway. The first time that Elaine came in, he stayed where he was and waited for her to approach and pet him! I was absolutely speechless, and things just got better from there. Elaine clearly has a Gift. Animals are able to sense things that we humans cannot. In this case, my boy just reaffirmed what I had already been thinking about Elaine. I cannot say enough.. read less
- PLANET BARKWonderful! Jack and his team played and cared for our dog so well! The pup didn't even make it out of the parking lot before he was asleep in the backseat he was so tired! We have also boarded our dog here, and they are very thorough with the care they give our pup while we are away.
- AUSSIE PET MOBILEThey come to you. It is kinda cool. They have a van and they come to you. They take care of the dogs in the driveway. They do it all in the van in the driveway. Usually they call and say they are running early. They do a great job. We have two Aussies. They come out all soft, clean and fluffy. They just do a nice job on both the grooming and bathing. They trim the nails and all that nice stuff read less
- RIVER RUN KENNELS LLCWhen we board our cat and dog, we also have them get baths on the last day that they’re there and grooming. They have one person that does this for them whenever he’s needed. He does a really good job.
- Connecticut Veterinary CenterTheir price may seem high to some people, but when it's your doggie, he has to have those shots. I happen to have a dog that when you take them for grooming, you also need to have the shots for grooming or you can't take them to the groomers because they have to be protected from all those viruses that you don't know where other peoples' dogs have been either. I've been using them for at least maybe 13 years now. I love them. I had a poodle that needed shots - I was there very other week - so I know them really well. The vet has changed since the vet I was using back then, but the vet that's there now is just very nice and the personnel there are really nice. All the girls that work there, they're just wonderful. They were so good to my other dog. My other dog has a lot of issues and they were so wonderful to him. I would highly recommend them. The help is wonderful there - the receptionist, and they have a number of girls that help hold the dog and get the medication - they do a lot of things. They're wonderful. You're right on time for your appointment and they take you right away. They put you in a room, you know, you might have to wait a few minutes for the vet to come in, maybe five minutes. They take you right on time. They are just truly very caring for your animal read less
Pet Groomers in Hamden
- Business Description:EXPERIENCED MOBILE PET GROOMERRecent Review:Went very well, Bruce was very punctual, easygoing with dogs and we were so pleased. Was so convenient to have him come right to the front door to get the dogs. Made it very easy for all of us.Melisa J.
- Business Description:Veterinary Hospital/Medical Care We do not accept checks or American Express.Recent Review:STAY AWAY!!!! Their number one priority is not our pets, but rather to make as much money as humanly possible by doing a plethora of unnecessary tests which have nothing to do with your animals symptoms. The Dr briefly and I mean briefly examined my dog for a leg stability issue. He never made an attempt to diagnose the problem, but rather he decided it best to do $735.00 worth of tests! Of course I complied. The Dr knows full well every pet owner will do whatever he recommends bc we love our pets/ family so much. He thrives on our lack of knowledge and our desire to do whatever it takes to make our pet healthy and/ or happy for what? His own personal financial gain!!!! STAY AWAY!!! read lessDouglas H.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Portland Veterinary Hospital, Marlborough Animal Hospital.Recent Review:Brought dog in for shallow, rapid breathing. After three hours, not being told of ANY tests run, was told that there was nothing wrong with the dog. "It's cold outside and he's nervous." is what they said. 1st - he was not cold nor nervous when at home.... hence the reason for the ER visit 2nd - he was not cold nor nervous when returned home. hence the reason for trip to Central Vet ER in North Haven..... where dog was diagnosed with a partially collapsed lung. ** Pieper read lessJennifer R.
- Business Description:Full service dog and cat groomingRecent Review:On December 19 2020 They cut my dogs hair and they informed me that day that he pooped toilet paper But not telling me when I arrived they cut his Mohawk is trademark. I didn’t want to bring him back . They didn’t call me to tell me they had to make changes. And couldn’t even take half off for their mistakes I was devastated. After hesitant to bring them back my husband reason with them but they all ways trimming too much not cutting his tail properly and face as we told them. Girls are unprofessional they pick and choose on how they want the pets to be groomed. Even the last time in March of 2020. Tail wasn’t groomed properly nor his face. Haircut was. Lousy with no explanation Neve Agai read lessVictoria H.
- Business Description:We are a cage free dog daycare and boarding facility located in Bristol, Ct.Recent Review:When I picked him up on 1/29/20 I asked the staff member how he did. She said, "Good, he had a great day!" She went and got him and I walked him out. Before we even got to the parking lot I noticed that he was having a hard time walking. He was picking up his paws as well as limping. I immediately went back in and asked the same girl, "Did something happen because he can barely walk?!?" Her response was, "Oh he's probably just tired. Dogs who don't go to daycare a lot get tired out because they're not used to it." I explained that wasn't the case as he has been going to daycare once a week for the past year. She came from behind the counter and said, "Maybe his paws are sore from playing," she picked up his paw and saw the 1st attached image. I gasped and she said, "Oh looks like it's a little sore and needs some balm on it." I replied, "That is more than sore! It's hanging on by a thread and is ripped open." Her response was, "Do you want me to put some balm on it?" I said no, I'd call his vet and then I left. I called the vet who recommended I take him home and take a picture of his paw so that they could assess if he should be seen right away. I sent them the 1st image and the 2nd (attached) as I found multiple open spots on three of his paws. The vet called immediately and asked that he come in right away. After being examined they found 3 paws were rubbed raw in more than one place, exposed, and bleeding in some spots. He was prescribed a medicated liquid soak that needs to be done twice per day to help reduce infection, and he was prescribed a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication that he needed to take twice a day. Additionally, he needed to wear a cone so that he didn't lick his paws and was only allowed outside to go potty. He was not allowed to be walked, groomed, exposed to other animals or taken anywhere public due to his high risk of infection as 3 of his paws had multiple open skin exposures. So essentially, after 1 day at Woof Pack my previously healthy puppy was put on bed rest! Woof Pack’s website states the FINEST daycare that is "Structured, safe and supervised care by trained and qualified canine handlers." I DID NOT find that to be the case seeing that in this "safe" environment my previously, healthy puppy came home to me injured enough that he needed an immediate vet visit, two medications and was been placed on restrictions for the past two weeks! Additionally, their "trained and qualified canine handlers" supposedly *supervised* him and at no time during the 7 hours and 45 minutes he was there noticed that he was picking up his paws and limping? I did not receive a phone call nor was it brought to my attention when I arrived. Furthermore, after bringing it to the attention of their "trained and qualified" staff member at pick up, she certainly tried to brush it off and even after seeing in what bad shape he was in, there was not a follow up call. I sent an email to The Woof Pack (attached) and did receive a timely response (attached). The response was laughable with “Torn pads are actually a very common occurrence for dogs, especially for dogs who aren’t used to a daily or weekly routine of activity such as walks, daycare or socializing with other dogs.” Mind you as previously stated, my dog has gone to day care (@Dogology- which I HIGHLY recommend!) at least once a week since he was 10 weeks old, socializes with other dogs regularly AND is walked outside for at least 1 hour every single day! This was followed up with, “Archie had an action packed, fun-filled day and did not exhibit any potential issues. He showed no signs of slowing down or duress. He acted completely at ease, active and was totally enjoying himself. At the end of the day, I’m sure Archie was tired and ready for some rest, but I hear that he was limping a bit on his way back to the car. Where this is uncommon, it has happened to another dog in the past where he showed absolutely no signs of concern but exhibited “daycare paw” afterwards.” So apparently with 3 paws containing open, bleeding wounds he showed ZERO signs of duress during the 7+ hours he was there and only exhibited them the minute he was picked up? Hmmm? Very hard to believe! I’m happy to report that two and a half weeks later he is on the mend. While he hasn’t been cleared by his veterinarian to return to daycare yet, when he does we will be returning to Dogology and also checking out Camp Canine in Bristol, as I have heard wonderful things about them AND their outside play area is on grass and not on asphalt like at Woof Pack. Before I could put this awful experience behind me I felt it was important to share our experience of The Woof Pack as it would be irresponsible not to. I’d never want this to happen to any other dog. Attachments are available at [*** Link removed *** read lessKristi S.
- Business Description:Our mission is to provide the highest quality veterinary medical care using the latest technology for your pets and farm animals in a friendly, relaxed, country setting.Recent Review:My dog hates getting her nails trimmed. Dr. Kim is great. Excellent diagnostician! <br />Susan K.
- Business Description:Professional pet sitting, dog walking, dog and cat grooming. Caring for CT's pets since 1995. Celebrating 20 years. Award winning, bonded, insured, criminal background checked, experienced staff, are trained in pet CPR and first aid. Pet care available in your home 365 days/year. Convenient and caring mobile grooming service offers appointment 7 days per week, evenings too. We groom dogs AND cats. And any creature, big and small, we pet sit for them all read lessRecent Review:Everything was great until my husband came home missing our dog’s tag. When he called the establishment, the employees said they would look around and call him back. We honestly don’t know how the key ring that held the tag even came off the collar, as it was heavy duty. Anyway, my husband went down to pick it up. It was tremendously stretched out. It was very obvious this happened due to a very strong force. When my husband asked what happened, they gave no answers and had no explanation. This left us extremely worried and uncomfortable about the goings ons of this establishment behind closed doors read lessNicholas O.
- Business Description:Are you frustrated when you spend money on products to eliminate odors yet the odors return? Are you tired of the odor being covered up by a fragrance and it smells worse? Are you afraid to use those odor removal products on your skin or your pet's fur? Then it's time to use something safe as soap and REALLY does get rid of the odors. From Mold to Urine to Smoke to Trash you MUST try OdorXit products! OdorXit Concentrate will permanently and safely eliminate urine, feces, vomit, dead animal s.. read lessRecent Review:No more musty odor in my laundry room and the tae kwon do equipment is totally refreshed! OdorXit is a remarkable product.YVONNE C.
- Business Description:A 12,000 sq ft retail store catering to all animals, including livestock. We carry Poulin, Blue Seal, Purina, Nutrena, Tribute, Triple Crown and over 40 different kinds of dog/cat food. Every need for every breed! We also sell consignment tack and wild bird seed read less
- Business Description:At Kriser's, we help pets live happier and healthier lives, naturally, by providing the best natural pet products and services, along with outstanding knowledge and dedicated customer service for both you and your furry family member. Try Kriser's Approved brands like Fromm, The Honest Kitchen, Primal, Stella & Chewy, Orijen, Nature's Variety, Wellness, Earthborn and more. Our team members are passionate, dedicated animal lovers who can help you find the best products for your pet's unique ne.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful pet groomer articles
Wood, metal and stone fencing materials are popular options for residential fences, but consider your needs for enclosing your yard before making a selection.
Geothermal energy, radiant heat and solar heat are three of five unique, but effective, options to heat your home. Find out which one works best for your home.
Find dog groomers in
- New Haven
- North Haven
- East Haven
- West Haven
- Beacon Falls
- North Branford
dog groomers in Hamden
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ARF ARF Grooming LLC5 Broad Street
- ARF ARF Grooming LLC
- CANDLEWICK KENNELS2811 HEBRON AVE
- CANINE CLASSICS180 MARLBOROUGH ST
- Canine Co493 Danbury Road
- Cassio Pet Resort - Training Ctr173 Mount Pleasant Rd
- Claws and Paws Pet Salon546 Enfield St
- Companion Animal Hospital of Milford LLC100 Lansdale Ave.
- Connecticut Veterinary Center470 Oakwood Ave
West Hartford, Connecticut
- Country Companions Veterinary Services LLC116 Old Amity Rd
- Country Dog Grooming109 Loomis Rd
- Creative Clips Pet Salon98 Mountain Road
- CANDLEWICK KENNELS
- Horses and Hounds15 Mill Pond Drive
- Horses and Hounds
- John Gagnon's Pet Resort227 Upton Rd
- John Gagnon's Pet Resort
- Naugatuck Veterinary Hospital562 B Rubber Ave
- Naugatuck Veterinary Hospital
- PackTracks Inc1177 West St
- Paws Pet Resort & Spa312 E Johnson Ave
- Pet Pals Grooming Salon LLC1199 old colony rd
- Petco - Avon9 West Avon Rd
- Petco - Milford1401 Boston Post Rd
- Petco Animal Supplies - Manchester101 Hale Rd
- Pieper-Olson Veterinary Hospital730 Randolph Rd
- PLANET BARK37 Darcy St
West Hartford, Connecticut
- Pond Point Animal Hospital632 NEW HAVEN AVE.
- PackTracks Inc
- VCA Animal Hospital of East Hartford334 Silver Ln
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut
- VCA Animal Hospital of Vernon155 Talcottville Rd
- VCA Cheshire Animal Hospital1572 S Main St
- VCA Cromwell Animal Hospital547 Main St
- VCA Old Canal Animal Hospital49 E Main St
- VCA Animal Hospital of East Hartford
- YALESVILLE VETERINARY HOSPITAL322 CHURCH ST
- YALESVILLE VETERINARY HOSPITAL