Lakeside Animal Hospital

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2011

4243 Harlan Street

Wheat Ridge, CO 80033

We are a affordable friendly veterinary hospital. We strive to provide affordable, personal and convenient health care for both dogs and cats in a relaxed and friendly environment. Dr. Foreman’s philosophy in caring for your pet is this: “People should be able to afford not only routine veterinary care, but also the unexpected or long-term condition without worrying that they can’t afford to keep their pet.”...

03/05/2019

Kippi V.

I can’t express how pleased I was with the response and help I received for my sick kitten!! They allowed me to come in and check out all the kittens and the mama cat. They offered help with items for caring for the kittens for a family with little or no means to pay for the needed care!! This place of business is very caring, helpful and professional!! I would (and do) recommend them to everyone. Thanks for being there for our beloved animals.

Description of Work
Help for a sick kitten

Category veterinarian

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taken time out to give us such an amazing review. We are please that we were here to take care of your sick kitten. Hopefully he is feeling better already. Thanks again Jennifer

02/03/2018

Alyson T.

This was such a horrible experience. I have no idea what happened to my dog behind closed doors. I'm thankful he's still alive.

Description of Work
DO NOT TAKE YOUR PET HERE. Dr. Kerry Foreman told me, "We strive for QUANTITY, not QUALITY in our services and aim to see as many animals as possible as quickly as possible." OMG, what type of vet says that to a client!?!?!?! I recently had my dog's teeth cleaned here. They supposedly removed 8 teeth that were perfectly healthy one year ago. When asked why the teeth were removed, no explanation was giving. I was not able to speak or see the vet the day of surgery. Their front desk staff and vet techs are uneducated and provide false information to customers. I was told Rimadyl is narcotic and not an NSAID. My dog was perscribed the generic version of Rimadyl which the staff did not even know what the medicine was. In addition, the chart for his dental was was completely mismarked, showing teeth that were pulled as still intact and vis-versa. When I asked at checkout, the response was "yeah, we pulled that tooth, we just didn't mark it on the chart". I asked to speak to the vet and was not able to until 24 hours later. It was not even the vet assigned to my dog's surgery. The vet fully supported the mistakes and false statements of her uneducated staff and was not willing to admit a mistake was made by their hospital. She was proud of the sloppy behavior and practices that occured. Never again will I take my dog there and neither should you.

05/19/2017

Lori M.

03/09/2016

Annette C.

02/07/2014

Laurie K.

Dr. Foreman was fantastic. She read the letter I wrote about Em's past vet treatment and didn't even roll her eyes! I was so impressed. It is obvious she loves cats by the way she treated Emily. In fact, she didn't even have to wear Kevlar sleeves! She checked Em over carefully including her teeth and told me that in her opinion it was an upper respiratory infection and that she would prefer not to give her antibiotics but would if I preferred. I agreed to watch her closely and call immediately if she seemed to be getting worse not better. I absolutely LOVED this experience and so did Emily! The price was fantastic and I felt that everyone there truly cared about Emily. I used to drive 640 miles one way to take Em to the vet, now I don't have to!

Description of Work
I took my 13.5 year old cat in because her behavior had changed a bit and I know that can be a sign of illness. Dr. Foreman checked Em's vitals (she checked her temp by ear, not rectally, Em was a big fan of that change in protocol I can promise you) and she checked over her entire body for abnormalities and also checked her heart and lungs. She asked questions about her past and her previous vet care.

12/14/2013

Gwen G.

They are fabulous and really great with my dogs!! I've been taking both my dogs and my cat there for over a year now for a variety of treatments ranging from dental cleaning to acupuncture to vaccinations. They are very reasonably priced in comparison to other hospitals I've taken my pets to. They are also a very friendly and welcoming animal hospital, and its a beautiful, comfortable place.

Description of Work
pet acupuncture for back pain

12/05/2013

Jeanne N.

Spats myth dog.

07/30/2013

Nancy B.

They're known as a low cost facility. They try to keep the cost reasonable so that every animal owner will take them in and have them taken care of. There's no wait time. It's a very comfortable homey feeling place.

Description of Work
I used Lakeside Animal Hospital for my pet's teeth cleaning.

05/14/2013

Greg M.

Our dog Sleever had upper respritory infection. Doc saw him right away, thru the back door so to not infect other animals, checked him out, gave us two scripts, and sent us on our way. Under $50! They have our biz for good!

Description of Work
Treatment for respiratory infection.

12/28/2012

Alfred F.

My cat was vomiting, but otherwise acting normal. My cat is very skittish, and I never take her to the vet, as she is an indoor cat, & she eats healthy. The vet got me right in, no waiting, and she was very kind and informative. She explained why my cat is skittish (her tri-coloring), and the possible reasons for her vomiting. She examined her, and told me that her teeth were great, and that she appeared to be very healthy. She gave me a couple of choices, and I went with a blood test to see if her organs were working well. She called me the next day with the results, which were good, and offered a shot to help "settle" her digestive system, and would only charge the $10.00 for the cost of the shot. I was so impressed by the whole office, especially the vet. Dr. Kerry Foreman. She is my vet from now on. She obviously loves animals, and, also, cares about their owners; very caring person.

Description of Work
She examined my cat, and gave her a blood test to check her organ function. She told me that my cat looked very healthy, and gave me two options - one the blood test, and two, a $10.00 shot. The shot would work if her organs were working well. I opted for the test, since she is 12 years-old, and has not been to the vet for years. Her condition has cleared on its own, and I did not get the shot later.

06/17/2012

Dana R.

I was pretty stressed when we went in but Dr. Foreman was amazing with me. She took great care of Maggie making both of us feel safe and secure. She checked out my puppy and gave us the care we both needed. The dental cleaning was also done with great care. I believe this is a great vet and recommend them to everyone who has a pet.

Description of Work
My dog had bladder stones on the first occasion and then we went back to see if they were gone. Also did teeth cleaning on the 3rd visit.

09/01/2011

NAJAH B.

This was my first time using Angie's List. We had become dissatisfied with the care our dog was receiving from another local animal hospital. Our dog had been a patient at the other hospital for several years, yet every time we went, she was treated as if she/we were a new patient and we always saw a new doctor. Furthermore our dog was very fearful of the other hospital. I contacted Lakeside Animal Hospital and they were warm, courteous and professional. I appreciated Dr. Foreman calling me directly to clarify what treatment our dog might need, and that they called the other hospital and had our dog's records faxed to them. Furthermore they are affordable! The difference in price between the old hospital and Lakeside Animal Hospital for the same service was a $113.00! Best part was our dog was treated as an individual and our dog liked Dr. Foreman and her staff and even ate the treats they gave her - something she never does. And we liked the office too, especially the corn growing outside! We very happy to have found new care for our dog.

Description of Work
Our dog has a chronic anal gland problem. She needed to be sedated and have the gland flushed.

07/06/2011

Craig A.

I drove over to Lakeside this morning after reading positive reports here on Angie's list and viewing the Lakeside web page. I took my dog over to have his shots brought up to date since it was a drop in Wednesday, no appointment needed. I entered and spoke to the receptionist and was told that if my dog was not neutered they would not see him. I tried to explain about my dog and was told no exceptions, no apologies, end of conversation. There was no indication of this requirement for service on their web page so I made the trip with no results. This highly annoyed me along with the tone of condescension I received for having a non-neutered male dog. My dog is a rare champion white puli whose parents are European champions. There are less than a dozen dogs like this in the world. He will be shown nationally in the US. Now it would seem reasonable to not neuter such a dog, especially at two years of age. I think a professionally run office would understand this. They did not. The receptionist at Lakeside said no exceptions. It think a professionally run office would provide warning of such a restriction on their webpage. I found no such warning.

Description of Work
None were performed.

Category veterinarian

Dear Member, We are sorry for the misunderstanding. Here at Lakeside Animal Hospital, we highly recommend spaying and neutering your pets. With the huge overpopulation of animals in local shelters and rescue organizations, we want to promote spaying and neutering to help decrease that overpopulation. We also want to inform pet owners of the health risks associated with an intact male or female dog as they get older. We have chosen to be an affordable veterinary facility, to help pet owners spay and neuter their pets that otherwise might not be able to afford the procedure. We are currently working on updating our website overall, and we will be adding some information about our spay and neuter policy. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

06/20/2011

JULIE M.

They were very courteous, professional, knowledgable, and the office is a warm environment. Will definitely continue to go there.

Description of Work
Checkup and vaccinations for adult cat and purchase of specialized food.

04/13/2011

christine T.

The visit went very well. I like their flexibility in scheduling as well as their price. They have walk-in on Wednesdays where we don't need an appointment to get in. They offer really low-cost vaccinations.

Description of Work
I go to Lakeside Animal Hospital to treat my dog. I last took him there for a problem that he was having.

Veterinarians
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Our services include: wellness appointments routine vaccinations - all vaccines are $20 each low cost spay and neuter in-house diagnostics basic x-rays acupuncture with Dr. Foreman Pocket Pet exams We have a Walk-In-Wednesday were we can see your animal for basic check-ups to ear infections to just vaccines. We also have a vaccine clinic every 1st and 3rd Saturday from 8-12 - no line and no office call

No payment plans or Checks.