Denver West Dental Group

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2008

14062 Denver W Pkwy #52-120

Lakewood, CO 80401

There are 2 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. Additional contact name - Toby Archuleta. Additional DBA - Denver Dental Group West. Award winning....

01/21/2015

Jacques H.

Truth be told... I hadn't been to a dentist in over two decades... yes, twenty years. I had bad experiences when I was a child and if I hadn't chipped a tooth (while I knew I should) I probably wouldn't have gone to a dentist for another twenty years. The Dr. and his staff all made sure I was comfortable and he spoke to me for a little bit before doing anything (I'm sure an attempt to get me to relax). It was nice not to be rushed and treated like a number. Exams were performed and my chipped tooth repaired in a very comfortable, professional manner. He even gave me a discount on the repair. Also, turns out I lucked out without having any big dental issues. :)

Description of Work
Smoothed a chipped tooth and x-ray exam.

09/20/2013

Almir B.

I did not realize that 3 visits will be needed for full treatment. For me it is a 45 min ride but was able to schedule it around some errands I had to do in the area. Used a special deal through Angie?s list. I had some issues with billing as I was charged by Angie?s list beforehand and they were not aware of this practice. I forwarded them the email with recipe and they resolved it which was nice (to avoid the hassle). I like that they offer early, late, or periodic weekend appointments depending on the day of the week. As a former smoker who recently quit smoking, the treatment was quite effective. The staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this dental provider(at least for the Zoom procedure).

Description of Work
Zoom whitening.

Category cosmetic dentist

07/22/2013

We've been going to him for years. I like the staff, I never had problems with them at all. He's friendly, he talks, I call him Dr. Sam, I usually get him to work on me, I think he has brought someone else into his practice but I've never seen him. We know each other so well, we talk about his golfing, his this and that, his trip to Hawaii, and his staff is very good. They're always gentle, they don't hurt. They totally close down at noon and that's the easiest for me to get to. I have an appointment coming up.

Description of Work
We go to Dr. Sam S Kawakami for teeth cleaning. My husband got a new crown put on. Our last appointment was in March.

06/18/2013

He is friendly, he seems reasonable about his prices. Everybody there treats me very nicely. I don’t have to wait very long in the office. He referred me to an oral surgeon who I also liked very much.

Description of Work
He’s my dentist. He has mostly done routine maintenance work so far, but he refers me to great specialists when necessary.

04/27/2013

James W.

Because he was able to save a tooth that another dentist would not try, I'd have to say I'd trust Dr. Sammy in the future.. Good experience overall.

Description of Work
Dr. Sammy is GREAT.. .Very confident and experienced. He did a great job with my crown. My concern was with the office staff.. Asked for an accurate estimate (prices were good!), but about 2 weeks ago got another bill for $90(?) When I went in to get my permanent crown put on, it hadn't arrived. Had to wait two hours for it to arrive from the lab. Overall - the dentist is AWESOME. The administration is OK. Came from a dentist office in GA that knew me on a first name basis. The front desk here was not as friendly as my old dentist office.

Category dentists,cosmetic dentist

03/24/2013

IAN B.

Overall the service was excellent. I will go back when my treatment with the specialist is complete.

Description of Work
First appointment with these folks for a check-up and cleaning. The were very professional and found a problem I didn't have any idea existed. I was referred to an excellent specialist. They did not hesitate to refer the business to another dentist.

01/30/2013

Jeff M.

Dr. Kawakami and all staff were polite and knowledgeable, and the process was very smooth after filling out some first-time paperwork (10 minutes or so). The office -- at least the part I saw -- is open-format (chairs separated by cabinets/curtains/partitions) rather than rooms. I chose the ultrasonic cleaning vs. the metal implement (which was only used for touch-up), and found it more gentle. It gave off an occasional high-pitched squeal but it was bearable and I still preferred it and will opt for it next time also. I have had some rough cleanings in the past from other offices and it was far better with ultrasonic.

Description of Work
Routine exam followed by cleaning (a week later).

07/07/2012

Karen J.

I like them; they do a good job. I've been using them for a number of years. My dentist works with my special needs where other dentists won't even take me as a patient.

Description of Work
Every 6 months - Check up & cleaning

05/16/2012

He’s pretty thorough and I think he does good work. He’s good with availability and punctuality. I will continue to use him in the future.

Description of Work
Dr. Kawakami is a general dentist. I’ve been going to him for quite a few years.

03/05/2012

Alice F.

My teeth were cleaned and examined. The hygienist was very warm and friendly. "Dr. Jeff" examined me after the cleaning, noted a few places to watch, and I will go back in 6 months.

Description of Work
I recently moved and was due for a dental cleaning. Everyone was professional and nice.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Orthodontics
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

General dentist & oral surgeon.