Saber Roofing Inc

Founded 1983 • With Angi since November 2004

2995 Woodside Rd #400-364

Woodside, CA 94062

Here at Saber Roofing Inc. our mission is to continually provide our customers with quality roof systems. Saber Roofing Inc. offers a traditional but increasingly rare approach to doing business, believing in the true value of customer service. Our informative consultations, quality workmanship, ability to meet deadlines and willingness to maintain long-term customer relationships are the keys to our success. Our client base consists of architects, general contractors, property managers, realtors and homeowners throughout the bay area....

01/17/2019

Anita L.

They were able to reattach the sun tunnel from outside and fixed the two spots at the edge of the roof where trees had banged against the roof a while ago. They were quiet, respectful and didn't leave a mess.

Description of Work
A sun tunnel needed to be reattached above the ceiling and two roof spots repaired

Category skylights

10/19/2018

Matthew M.

Ryan (owner) and his team were very easy to work with. Their workmanship and professionalism were top notch. They did have an internal miscommunication and do one of the repairs in the wrong location. However, perfection is not the best measure of a contractor - how they handle a mistake is. Ryan had the mistake fixed the next day, at no additional cost or hassle to me. I would absolutely trust him again with a job of any size.

Description of Work
Repair a ridge vent and redo leaking flashing around a vent pipe

09/28/2017

Barbara R.

Job went very well. The inspection was very thorough, done by Jake. I had gotten a lower bid from another company but they did a very superfical inspection so I chose Saber to do the work. It was a great choice! The crew got the job done quickly with no mess. I highly recommend Saber Roofing.

Description of Work
There was a roof leak that concerned me.

You were amazing clients to work with, thank you for the job, trust and reviews!!!!

09/21/2017

Geoffrey F.

I really liked them. They are so busy, that I had to be on a list waiting to get my work done. Out here they are a certified black diamond company. I usually don't deal with certified black diamond companies, because I find that they are quite a bit more expensive than other companies. Some of them use the excuse to charge more. It's interesting because I didn't discover that they were a black diamond company until way after I started to deal with them and agreed to the job. The price was actually reasonable compared to somebody else I spoke to. They're very good. The price is good, and the gentleman that came to install the skylights were geat. He did it very quickly and the job was great. The only negative was that they were such a busy company. Once you call them they tell you ahead of time about when they can come out. They are very upfront, they don't mislead you and get you to sign up, and then you're waiting and waiting. They are honest, and they get you a contract to sign. Then they let you know aproximately how long it's going to be, mine was 4-5 months. I wasn't really in a hurry, so it wasn't a big problem. They did call me and said they did have an opening, and I didn't need to be home.

Description of Work
They put in some solar operated skylights. It was two skylights. They are Veiux skylights.

Category skylights

I cannot thank you enough for the review!!!! So glad we could work together

10/09/2016

William C.

Project went very well. I communicated with the owner, Ryan, throughout the process. I had a lot of questions during bidding because I'm an inquisitive homeowner and and I felt Ryan was responsive, patient, detailed, and honest. Customer service was evident during the project, I would get a daily afternoon phone call from Ryan with progress update. there was one evening when I left a message for Ryan at 5pm regarding an important issue and he called back that evening (7pm) and arranged to have a specialist look at the problem the next morning. Also, six months after the project finished, I noticed one of the vents was loose. I let Ryan know about it and his team fixed it right away. Overall, I am very satisfied with Saber Roofing.

Description of Work
New flat roof and new pitched roof.

05/31/2016

Frank S.

My roof was in a sad state when I bought my house a year and a half ago. The skylights were just sheets of plastic covering the old corroded frames, and they leaked. I got three bids from companies here on Angie's List, and I chose Saber because Ryan came to my house and told me absolutely everything I could ever want to know about roofing materials, skylights, product guarantees (the best in the business), and decorative finishes for the pipes. He left me with a binder full of information detailing all the different types of materials I had to choose from and a long list of addresses of completed jobs that I could visit. And the price: it wasn't the lowest, it wasn't the highest, but it covered everything except time and materials for problems that might be uncovered once the old shingles came off. (And there was trouble! Some wood rot on the main roof, and extensive rot on the porch.) The original quote was for around $19000. Repairs and product upgrades drove it up to $22300, but it would have been more if Ryan hadn't given me a significant break on labor. The only downside to choosing Saber Roofing is that they are deservedly a very popular roofing company. There were at least 60 clients in line ahead of me before they could start my job. (They did cover the leaky skylights with a tarp to prepare for El Niño.) It was at least six months between me putting my deposit down and them starting my job. But in the end, the wait was worth it. The crews that came in were quick and professional and very good at their jobs. They got rid of all the rot and made sure that everything that needed to be fixed was fully restored before the new materials went on. The new roof, gutters, skylights, and pipes they installed all look great and are guaranteed to last. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Completely new roof, gutters, and skylights

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney caps, skylights

03/19/2015

Robert M D.

I needed a company that provided gutterglove, screening on top of the gutter and they were one of the few companies that was a gutterglove franchise or a dealer. It is a screen that goes over the top of the gutter and they have all sorts of schemes. Gutterglove is currently one of the best and they are the only gutterglove dealer in my area. I think they were also rated very highly as well. I needed a good installer of the gutterglove system so that is why I went with them. They were very prompt, timely, and responsive. They had good price. They cleaned up thoroughly.

Description of Work
I have used Saber Roofing for gutter work. They put on a gutter and downspout for the garage. It was 23 linear feet of five-inch fascia gutter and the gutter was painted as well.

Category gutter repair

11/30/2014

Patricia G.

Perfect work and perfect interaction with everyone at the company who were involved. Saber Roofing's work to re-shingle my house and separate garage is the standard by which I measure the other contractors involved in the renovations I am making to my Craftsman home. My special thanks go to Ryan Saber, President, who goes out of his way to explain everything relating to roofs. He welcomes questions and responds to emails very promptly. He and his team came to the rescue when I had a contractor who ruined both roofs by removing sections of the roof, including Craftsman appointments, in a way that caused the roofs to be out of code. My options were either re-shingle the whole roof or just repair with new shingles at the ruined areas that would obviously not match the old shingles. The bad contractor tried to "pull the wool over my eyes" about what he had done and then wanted to bill me thousands to do repairs that he blamed on the original construction of the roof rather than on himself! Mr. Saber explained what my options were and he helped me deal with confusing and nasty emails from the bad contractor. I decided to re-shingle with well-made, sturdy shingles that are beautiful (Copper Canyon). I sent pictures of my new roof to friends and family because my new roof is gorgeous! The Saber Roofing team who did the work were efficient, careful, and joyful while doing a great job!!! This is the roofing company that you want. Once I get the house and garage painted Saber Roofing is coming back to put on new, matching gutters. I cannot wait!

Description of Work
Re-shingled entire roof of house and separate garage.

09/19/2014

Laura G.

Job was very small, but time sensitive and under these conditions I have not in the past had happy experiences with contractors. This provider responded quickly both in communication and work provided. I was sent photos and information on the replacement unit before contracting the work. Great response and communication from both owner and office staff. Installer arrived on time, cleaned up, very professional. Highly recommend this company, and I would not hesitate to contract them again.

Description of Work
Removed malfunctioning whirly bird roof vent & replaced with stationary vent.

07/26/2014

Ellen P.

Ryan came right on time, was professional and extremely responsive. I had trouble finding someone who would do a relatively small job like replacing a skylight, so I appreciated that they didn't shy away from it at all. Everything was done as I wanted. I would definitely contact them for big or small jobs in the future!

Description of Work
They replaced a skylight and did a few minor repairs on my roof.

Category roofing, skylights

06/11/2014

Raymond M.

Ryan was very professional and prompt. His crew did a house down the street and I was impressed. The house had a sagging roof line and his crew fixed it. I called Ryan up and was able to get an appointment within a week. His folder of references and brochures was excellent. I liked the list of references of homes with the type and color roofing products. It helped me select my color because it was hard to make a decision with the small samples shown to me on my appointment date.

Description of Work
Provided a quote for 3100 sq feet re-roofing of a 1 story Ranch House.

03/29/2014

Suzanne M.

Proprietor Ryan Saber was very responsive and professional as was his team. The showed up on time and left the work site tidy every day. My partner and I even worked from home while they were here and it was quite tolerable! Book in advance - they are busy. Very pkeaed with my roof and their customer service.

Description of Work
Saber replaces our roof and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you so much! It was wonderful to work with you on this project. And a big thanks for the oranges from the backyard!!!

03/20/2014

Matthew Z.

Ryan from Saber Roofing is very professional and clearly knows his business. He showed me pictures of all the problems and was very clear on what he thought needed to be fixed now versus what could wait. We got works scheduled for the next week and it was completed in about 2 days. I'll likely use him again when we take out a second chimney later this year.

Description of Work
Removed a chimney and patched roof for a fireplace we were redoing, replaced 1/2 the gutters and downspouts around the house, removed satellite dishes from roof and repaired holes, repaired some flashings

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

03/04/2014

FRANCES K.

They arrived on time, did a great job, & were than more than fair. If I ever need a roof I would call on them.

Description of Work
Repaired a poorly secured addition to the roof. About 2 years ago when I had some remodeling done, a pipelike object was inserted into the roof. My handyman later pointed out that it was not sealed correctly--that the flashing was not put ion in the correct order. He told me that this could eventually cause moisture to get under the shingles & ruin my roof. When I saw the special offered by Saber Roofing I took the deal & explained the situation. They cme out & fixed it, & also threw in another sealing job that they noticed needed attention.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you [member name removed], it was a pleasure to work with you!

03/04/2014

Gary S.

They went over the entire roof, replaced shingles as needed and corrected all damage. They were very prompt, clean and through. They performed the task in a single day, cleaned up everything and were quite reasonably priced. I would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired roof and damaged shingles

Thank you for the positive feedback, we're fortunate to have clients like yourself!

03/03/2014

Roderick S.

Saber was very responsive and professional. Their price was good, but we chose another contractor whose price was slightly better and whose service was comparable. I would try them again.

Description of Work
Bid on Gutter Job

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you again for the opportunity, even though we didn't get a chance to work together, hopefully we will meet for future needs on the roof system.

03/03/2014

Bill M.

It was fantastic. They were here 4 months ago. I like the way they acted, their price and everything else. They did what they were suppose to do and I called a couple of other people too and they asked for outrageous prices. I spent about $170 and another guy wanted $900 for the same job.They also cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
I used Saber Roofing Inc for gutter repair, replacement and cleaning services.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Thanks for the positive feedback, other than rooting for the wrong MLB team, it was a pleasure to work with you :)

02/17/2014

Randy R.

From start to finish everyone was very professional from Ryan Saber (President) to his work crew. Work crew was on time and finish on time. I highly recommend Saber Roofing for any job whether it be small or large.

Description of Work
Repaired water damaged areas on the roof as well remove/replace chimney siding to fix flashing and underlayment. Also repaired 2" x 10' fascia board.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

Thank you so much for the positive review. It was a pleasure to work with you on your home. Hope we don't have to talk again for quite some time (at least not about your roof)!

02/17/2014

Kenneth G.

Inspection by supervisor provided photos of flashing, loose nails and vent pipe that needed repair. Called a couple of days later to confirm a crew was available to make repairs that afternoon. Four man crew quickly completed work. Recommend they provide photos of repairs after work completion.

Description of Work
Roof inspection. Resealed flashing and repaired loose shingles and vent pipe.

Thank you for the feedback and recommendation. Photo's of your job are in your inbox!

01/25/2014

Narada H.

I was impressed with the knowledge of the person who gave the estimate, and the price was competitive. He showed up on time and was very responsive to my questions and concerns.

Description of Work
Estimate for re-roof and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thanks for the positive feedback!!!!!

01/06/2014

Nancy L.

They were great! Conscientious, worked hard. There hasn't been much rain since but no leaks so far!!!

Description of Work
Removed existing tiles and flashing paper, etc on top of 2 stairwells of a 5 story building. Made all necessary wood repairs to provide for a structurally sound roof deck. Applied one (1) layer of Malarkey Arctic Seal modified bitumen self adhered roof system underlayment and one layer of asphalt saturated felt base sheet with all appropriate flashings, baton strip and existing tiles reinstalled with new fasteners so as to provide for a watertight condition to these two sections of roof. Also added a downspout. Price does NOT include scaffolding.

Thank you so much for the positive review. Your job was definitely unique working 5 stories up. Glad to hear all is working out well. I am welcoming the hard rains to be able to really test that roof out!

12/22/2013

Randall P.

Saber roofing replaced all of the gutters and downspouts on our home. They did a fantastic job and their price was very reasonable.

Description of Work

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair, skylights, woodworking, roof cleaning

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! It was a pleasure working with you as well

12/16/2013

Simon W.

The service was excellent. The owner was very responsive and throughout the job he gave me a call everyday to update me on the progress of the project. At the end, there were something that wasn't done to my satisfaction, they came back, fixed it and resolved it to my satisfaction. I would give them five star and I would definitely refer them to my friends. The company is very professional and they got all the license and permit. The price is fair.

Description of Work
Saber Roofing Inc. repaired part of my roof. They replaced the entire section of the Spanish tile.

Thank you for the positive review and feedback [Member name removed]. It was a pleasure to work with you on this project.

12/09/2013

Sharon H.

It is a family business. He was professional and he had his act together. He had a complete folder with all of the information in it. He had his contractor?s license in it and a history of the company. He had all of the information in it to make a decision. He laid it all out in a very professional, experienced and knowledgeable manner. His presentation was excellent. It had the answers that we were looking for. He was very forth coming and did not hold anything back. It was very helpful in making a decision. I could tell that when his company does get to it, we knew that it was going to take a while to come in and do it. They have people on their crew that have been there for 20 years. Their crew is the most expert of all the people I talked to. My expectation is, they are going to come in and knock this job out in two or three days. They have everything laid out and organized. The contract specified everything clearly. They are very clear about all of the steps that they are going to do. If I needed a roof I would definitely use them.

Description of Work
Saber Roofing Incorporated gave us a quote to take off the old roof and put on a new roof.

12/01/2013

Linda Stephen M.

Best experience I've ever had with any vendor on Angie's list. Recommend company without reservation to anyone.

Description of Work
He gave us a complete new roof over half our house, outstanding job.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, skylights

Thank you for the feedback. You and your wife were wonderful to work with. Thank you as well for always having fresh coffee at the ready!