Bee Catchers Inc.

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2008

With an in-house biologist and over 50 years of combined experience, we are committed professionals in the removal of bees, and in the necessity of doing so regarding the general public, we at Bee Catchers, are equally committed to the saving and preservation of bees, whose contribution to our ecological and agricultural environments are crucial to our own survival. Bee Catchers is a family owned and operated business. We offer fabulous customer service and honest rates. We are State licensed, bonded and insured. Bee Catchers does not charge by the hour, as each job is given a flat rate for the work needed, and all work is done the same day. Bee Catchers will beat any licensed competitors price, and we will give you the information you need, so that you will be entirely comfortable choosing Bee Catchers as your solution. Without bees here on earth, the human race is said to survive only 4-5 years, as bees are responsible for 60% of our food supply. Serving Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and Ventura Counties. Serving residential, commercial, industrial, construction sites, HOA's, property management, real estate companies and bank owned properties. We also offering eco friendly pest control for properties as well. All jobs are guaranteed. Open seven days a week; 8 am to 8 pm and 24 hr emergency service is available. No job is too big or too small! Licenses, Associations, Etc: Registered company with the California Structural Pest Control Board; Licensed Operator, Registered Operator with the Department of Consumer Affairs, Member of the BBB; A rating, Member of the Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber of Commerce, Greater Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, Universal City Chamber of Commerce, California State Beekeepers Association, Angie’s List Super Service Award Recipient 2009-2014, American Beekeeping Federation Give us a buzz today! Toll free: 866-544-0074 and 818-448-2149 Website: www.beecatcherssocal.com, www.thebeecatchers.com Email: beecatchers@gmail.com...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

pest control (163)roofing (6)stucco (3)tree service (3)animal removal (2)

07/13/2022

ANITA B.

I called to have a bee swarm relocated. I was told someone could come to my house that day between 3-4pm. No one came, no one called. I called back and left several messages and there was no response. I moved on to another more responsive vendor.

Description of Work
Bee relocation

Work Completed On 07/11/2022

05/22/2020

Jim M.

The crew came out on time, friendly and professional. They checked where we thought there was a bee hive on the outside of the house, but found no hive. They went into the attic and checked the roof from the inside as well. Explaining their work as they went. I really liked the fact that they relocate the bees instead of kill them. ultimately they said the bees we saw were probably scouts looking to start a new hive, but we were in the clear. The company refused to bill me for the service call. Would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
bee removal

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

11/06/2019

Michael B.

The work could not have gone better. An inspector came out for an estimate the day I called, and arranged to return the next day. The bees were safely relocated and the repairs completed in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend "Bee Catchers" to anyone in need of bee removal.

Description of Work
Safe removal of a hive of bees within the wall of my house.

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

07/05/2019

Todd B.

We had a very sudden bee infestation in our garage mid-to-late afternoon on a Friday. Called a number of places. No one could come out. Bee Catchers could not come out right away either. I do not fault them. The difference was the level of service I received on the phone from Nicole. I told her about the situation. She asked great questions and provided great advise. So far, following her advise is working. But the moment it is beyond my control, I will be calling her and having Bee Catchers dispatched. I appreciated Bee Catchers and Nicole for her honesty and knowledgeable advice. THANK YOU

Description of Work
Bee Removal

Work Completed On 07/05/2019

09/16/2017

Cesar S.

Called on a Wednesday to get thorough explanation of price and service. Scheduled an appointment for the following Friday between 10am-11am. Technician never arrived and I left 2 voicemails inquiring about status. They still have not returned my phone call.

Description of Work
Needed bee nest removal and post removal screening from front tree

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

06/10/2017

Donald M.

The job went very well. Sean and his assistant were very professional. They explained the whole procedure of relocating the bees to another place. The whole job was completed in a little over two hours which included removing the bees, removing the hive, cleaning the area, sealing the area so other bees wouldn't build a hive there, and repairing the area.

Description of Work
We needed a honey bee hive relocated.

Work Completed On 06/10/2017

05/30/2017

Joseph B.

Very well with no problems. He was professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Removal of a bee cluster/mass in a redwood tree in our back yard.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

03/21/2017

Marsha C.

Perfect. When you work with someone who has a passion for their what they do, it makes a big difference. They did a great job, left no mess (and no bees). I'm glad the bees will live on somewhere else and continue to pollinate fruits and flowers in our area.

Description of Work
Bees had set up shop in my attic, and I wanted them to go somewhere else. I would never want to kill then, just move them safely.

Category pest control, animal removal

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

12/22/2015

Mike N.

Nicole was very nice and professional. She explained very well the process and how things work. Her response was fast and efficient. However, my boss decided to go with another company because it was less expensive and we were running out of time. I would have liked to work with this company because they are very environmentally conscious and they don't kill the bees, but relocate them and make them happy.

Description of Work
Removal of live bees in the roof and repair roof

Category pest control, roofing

Work Completed On 06/02/2015

10/27/2015

Gail S.

Nicole described every move they were making, with full descriptions. They were exceptional, friendly, and knowledgeable...I give them glowing a review...The work is guaranteed 4 years...took my roof apart and put it all back together..You'd never know work had been done, except the bees are gone now....Thanks again...It was a pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Removed old and new bee hive..honey comb and all

Work Completed On 10/27/2015

08/03/2015

Robert De La O.

Both Nicole and Sean were courteous and efficient. They inspected the house while I was at work and started the work without me having to take time off from work. I am very pleased with the quick time from the inspection to the removal. They did have to come back to remove the remaining bees that showed up after the wall was sealed. They took pictures so we could see the amount of bees and honeycomb that had to be removed. I would definitely recommend Bee Catchers to anyone that would might need their service.

Description of Work
Removed stucco to access bee hive. Removed honeycomb, queen bee and other bees. Cleaned the surface to prevent bees from coming back and patches the stucco and the original entryway as well. Did not need to.kill the bees to do the work.

Category pest control, stucco

Work Completed On 07/24/2015

Thank you( members name removed)for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and we are happy that you are satisfied and that we got to save the bees!

06/18/2015

Simon L.

I noticed i had some sort of bees coming in and out of the top of my tile roof for the past month or so. After ignoring it for a while i decided to take action before it got out of control. Gave me a quote of $325 and they performed all the services above. They noticed that there were a few wasps just hanging out near the front of my house so they treated all the eaves in the front as well with some sort of Eco friendly treatment. They finished up in approx 1.5 hours. Everything went great and I would highly recommend them. They had some scheduling problems with mes if you contact them thru Angieslist. So, if you do reach out to them thru this site, i'd recommend you follow up with them via phone or email thru their website just to confirm they got your message.

Description of Work
According to the invoice: Removed large active wasp colony from under roof structure of house. Treated all tiles and eaves and front of house and garage. Insulated entry points and caulked.

Category pest control, roofing

Work Completed On 06/18/2015

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate it. Thank you, and again, loved your sign at your front door. Nicole, Bee Catchers❤️✌🏼️🐝

06/08/2015

Vicki P.

I was not happy with the method being used so paid the $175 and decided to get someone else to do it properly. The bees never left the site, and so this company did not solve the problem and actually made it worse. I found a useful website that outlines the correct way to relocate bees: [web link removed]. Their phone help line is not working, but there is good information on what to do if you have a swarm. The key thing is that if you hire someone, they must have frames and vacuums to extract the bees. If they do what Bee Catchers did--release them into the wild--they will die. I learned from this experience. It is important to find a real beekeeper who cares for bees, not just an extermination company. Fortunately, I found Tyson Kaiser [web link removed] who carefully removed my bees, and now they are safely relocated to another hive.

Description of Work
I had a swarm of bees inside my walls. Nicole told me that Bee Catchers does not kill the bees but "saves" them. Given the serious issue with colony collapse, I wanted to make sure the bees were relocated, so I went with them. The day came but Nicole called to say they had an emergency and needed to reschedule. We did that. But when they arrived, they simply put what they called a pheromone in the hole where the bees were coming and going. They said that the bees would leave because they didn't like that scent. And they tried (but did not succeed) to plug up the whole. Now that I have learned more about the process, this is definitely NOT what should be done if you want to save the bees.

Work Completed On 04/14/2015

03/31/2015

Maria P.

The service was excellent in every way! First, they were unavoidably delayed on the appointment time and made every effort to keep me posted on their adjusted ETA. Once they arrived, they assessed the situation and advised the most non-invasive treatment for my home, and for the bees. They came up with a creative and very intelligent solution to the problem that is do-able and inexpensive. They are professional, knowledgeable, respectful of the homeowner and of the environment. I would recommend them to anyone who has bees in their home or garden that need relocation and/or humane treatment.

Description of Work
Inspected and treated for bees that had created a colony in a wall of my home.

Work Completed On 03/31/2015

03/12/2015

Elin G.

Nicole was very informative & reassuring on the phone. I believed I had bees in my duplex's porch roof as I had had them once before many years ago. I had seen them -- what seemed to be scouting out the roofline 2 wkends before on a sunny morning-- & although I had had bees before, I forgot about it -- until the following weekend when I saw them already coming & going and knew they were settling in, so I started calling around Monday morning. I love bees (but can't have them in my roof) & I was concerned that they be removed & relocated, if possible. That I had made these observations & called quickly was very helpful to Nicole -- and was able to give me a lot of bee information, and we booked for Friday morning 8 am so I would not have to be late to work. Steve was running a little late with the traffic. Can't remember who called who 1st, but I got him off La Brea & on a side street so altho' he was a little late, I was able to get set him up & leave him to deal with it without being more then a few minutes late to work. Although I gave a check to Steve I did have to remind Nicole to get me an invoice for my tax records. I think she was having some email issues but I did get it about a week later. Altho' Steve had mentioned seeing wasps, I didn't realize until I saw the billing description that I had had Wasps, not Bees ! Good thing I got BeeCatchers out here right away !

Description of Work
I thought I had Bees in my Porch Roof -- but it was Wasps -- and Steve removed them

Work Completed On 02/06/2015

03/03/2015

AMBER O.

Left voicemail on Tuesday and got a call back Weds morning. Service guy came Weds afternoon and removed the swarms in less than an hour. Was a good deal.

Description of Work
Removed two bee swarms from tree above garage

Work Completed On 03/03/2015

Thank you [name removed] for a great review. We are glad you are happy.

10/11/2014

Mark D.

Six months later I come to find out not more than 3 feet away from the original hive a new one was found, when the service provider cut into the roof whee the bees were, he cut an air conditioning cooling pipe and wiring, Although he did notify us of the error and said he would fix, he agreed to discount us 100 off of the service to recharge my AC which was now blowing no cold air. Well it went down hill from there, he was suppose to return the following day to complete the cleanup, but he showed up after 6:00 in the evening. He continued to work in the dark and with no lights he stated he fixed the air-conditioner and finished removing the hive, he was at our home until 11pm. Although I did not believe this was a different hive, I agreed on an amount $750 based on the March cost of $500. He then made a statement that concerned me. He said he was giving me a steep discount. The representative could not give me evidence of work as it was too dark to take pictures. The following morning we informed ur air-conditioning unit was still not working. and he stated that all that was needed was Freon. We called our AC repair company the following day and they quoted us 1800 to fix the issue, We immediately called Bee Catchers to inform them of the issues, and we were met with a very irate women who just kept stating she knew I would be cancelling my check. I asked her how many people would call and tell you. She went on to say she would have someone fill my AC with antifreeze and would be out the next day. I informed them that only a certified AC Technician would do the work. I shortly after received a text message asking me when they could come and put the bees back in my roof/ I went on to fax the quote and as I informed them, continue to reach out to AC service repair companies to gain additional quotes.

Description of Work
Initially we thought we found a good services less than a year ago we used this services to remove a reoccurring hive from our house, The Bee Catchers removed the hive, honeycomb, wiped out the 2 x 2 area and beyond and packed with insulation. He then insured the work for a year. The Bee Catcher representative did not give me an estimate before cutting into my roof and i basically negotiated cost

Work Completed On 10/08/2014

There's just too much to write here about this customer. The short of the long is that this customer has had bees for years. Several ongoing issues that were not remedied properly by other companies and also because the customer neglected to take care of them in a timely manner. We handled a hive over a year ago in the roof and the bees were all removed as well as the honeycomb. The roof was repaired and the bees have remained gone. He called us again about 18 months later with another fully established hive, in a different, lower area of his roof. The hive we initially worked on was in the upper level roof structure and several feet away. Approx 10 feet at least away. The cost we quoted this customer for his second job with $750 including all roof repair and a three-year guarantee for the location that we were to work on. We removed all of the bees the honeycomb. We cleaned and treated the cavity and we repaired the roof and sealed all the entry points. His A/C was working just fine when we finished the job. He complained about the price from the beginning and he lied to me before Steve got to his house and told me that he spoke to Steve about this job, and Steve told him that it was under warranty; making us believe it was in the original location that we had worked on. He said that Steve said that there would be no cost to do the second job!! However, when Steve arrived at the property and did the inspection, it was obvious to see that this was a second hive and a completely different location, and not under warranty He said he couldn't pay for the work all at once and we agreed to have two checks that were post dated from him. Looking back, it was definitely a foolish decision on our part, as we should've known better than trusting someone like this, who already lied to us previously about getting a free job, but we are a company who likes to help people in every way that we can. We found out that this customer also had other another bee problem in between the time of his first and second hives that we did for him, and had two other companies cane out to try to fix the problems, but were unsuccessful. These other two companies worked on the location that we were working on for the second time and did a horrible job. He tried to tell us that we were responsible for the bad work that the other companies had done, but again we explained that we had never worked in the second location before and that it wasn't Bee Catchers that ever touched this location prior. He wrote this review on Angie's list to make it seem like there were no other companies involved and it is solely our responsibility and he paid for this job which is all untrue. We explained to this customer that he needs to go after the other companies that he hired to do the work and didn't do the work properly. The bottom line is the next day to customer called to tell us that he had stopped payment on both of his checks and that there was a problem with his air-conditioning unit and that he had a company come out to check it and it was gonna cost $1800 to fix and that it was our responsibility. So now we've had zero paid for the bee removal which is complete and the bees of been gone since, and many threats to pay for his AC that we did not break and bad reviews and several harassing phone calls and emails. Thanks to an awful experience in where we are wrongly accused and paid not one penny for great work that was done. Beware of this customer in every single trade!

09/05/2014

Sean W.

I initiated conversation with Bee Catchers through the Angie's List thinking that using the Angie's List messaging platform to schedule an appointment would be more convenient for everyone. I described my bee issue, and supplied 3 possible dates/times for them to come out to my home. Bee Catchers replied back with the day/time that they could come out. They asked for an address and phone number, which I supplied. When the scheduled date came around, they did not show up at all. I tried messaging them back asking them if they would like to reschedule or if they weren't interested in my business for whatever reason. No response. Complete waste of my time. Ultimately, I have no idea why they didn't show up. Did they forget? Did they think the job was too small? Did they not want to make the drive? I'll never know because they won't respond to me.

Description of Work
This company missed an appointment and was completely non-responsive afterwards

Work Completed On 08/29/2014

Good morning. There is a problem with the platform that Angie's List uses for messaging. I am suppose to receive text messages that I can respond to that contain my customer messages. They are not working properly and I do not know what messages are coming through. I do not get an email to notify me either. I have called in about this issue. I apologize. If I am not receiving proper notification of your request, I cannot respond to you. I truly am sorry and would never miss am opportunity to establish a new customer. Usually customers just call in, but I know some prefer to use this messaging platform. Unfortunately, the number Angie's list is using for the text messages is not sending and receiving messages properly. The messages that have come through in the past, several months ago, are very hard to understand. One number groups all customer messages in one, so if I respond, I don't even know what customer would get the response.

08/27/2014

Vivian C.

The actual bee removal went fine. The bee catcher showed up on time and removed the hive without incident. When I set up the appt, I gave my credit card info to Nicole. A year and a half later, Nicole sent me a text saying my credit card didn't go through and so my bill was unpaid. She included in her text a picture of the work order without any credit card info on it. I asked which card didn't go through (I wanted to make sure the text wasn't a scam) and she replied it was a Mastercard but she no longer had the number. I let her know I've never owned a Mastercard, and she claims she was mistaken. Ultimately I checked my own records and agreed to pay the bill. I asked her to send me the address to which I could mail a check and she never replied. Eventually I looked up the number for Bee Catchers to call and get the address. I spoke to Nicole directly who confirmed she had contacted me initially. Without provocation, she was rude and aggressive with me, even though I was going out of my way to follow up and pay the bill. She treated me as though I was a deadbeat, even though it was clearly several of her own mistakes that led to her not being paid. Despite Nicole's complete lack of professionalism, I paid the bill by check. I will never use Bee Catchers again. It's not worth the hassle.

Description of Work
Removed a bee hive from a tree on my property

Category pest control, tree service

Work Completed On 07/31/2014

Here is what really happened. This customer did not provide a credit card upon scheduling the job. The credit was given to me well after the job was completed. The credit card declined. I tried to contact her many times and left voicemails, no response. This was a receivable I put to the side and chalked up as uncollectible. . I sent a copy of the bill to the address on the invoice and still no response. A couple months ago, I went through the small stack of receivables outstanding and made one last attempt at reaching her. I didn't know if the number on the invoice was a cell phone or not, but thought it was worth an attempt at sending a text message. I finally received a response. This customer was so rude to me. She accused me of being a scam after I explained the situation. She did not want to pay the bill. I send her a text of the invoice which clearly stated all of our contact info on the bill. Phone numbers, address, etc. She still insisted that this wasn't real company. There was no credit card number on the invoice I sent her, because she never provided one at the time of service. A card number was given over the phone about a month later. Nonetheless, I provided her with everything she needed. She states that I did not respond and she had to track me down online. Now that's just silly. She had the invoice all along. I have all the text messages that show she is being untruthful about the communication. She chastised me in ways that were very disrespectful. Made me feel pretty bad.

07/25/2014

Allison H.

Steve is outstanding. The kind of service and attention to detail from years gone by and so welcome to see in this day and age. He truly loves what he does and it shows. His partner, Nicole, is also top notch. She took my call, helped alleviate some fears while making sure we got an appointment the very same day. I had a huge hive that hadn't been discovered due to being so high up in the tree. I went in search of a bee relocator hoping the bees wouldn't have to be destroyed. Once Steve was on the scene and performing his work, he was able to quickly ascertain they were full African bees and very aggressive. Sadly, this meant they couldn't be donated to non profit bee keepers. Steve was stung several times but kept to the task at hand while making sure no neighbors, kids or dogs came near. It was truly remarkable to watch in action. If you want the job done right, the first time, for a very fair cost, then call Steve. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of his services.

Description of Work
Removed a very large hive located in a tree on front parkway.

Work Completed On 07/24/2014

07/15/2014

SHEILA W.

This is a rental house that had been vacant for awhile. Three wasp colonies had made their nest in the eves. I called BeeCatchers, they made arrangements to come out that evening or the next day. Job done, no complaints. Prompt, thorough service.

Description of Work
Removed three wasp nests from the eves of the house.

Work Completed On 07/11/2014

05/12/2014

Stephanie K.

Bee Catchers made an appointment with us within 48 hours, quickly assessed the situation, and carefully removed the hiI hve the very same day. We found it to be a fascinating process to watch from the safety of our house. All work was completed efficiently and professionally. One of the things I really like about this company is that they DONATE the bees they remove from unwanted locations to interested farms, etc. We need bees for fruit and vegetable production so I think this is a particularly impressive and important service. I recommend Bee Catchers.

Description of Work
We've had a feral bee hive on our property for five year, and we liked hosting them (great for our garden)! Unfortunately, we had to have some outside electrical work done for our pool, and the lines need to be run right under the hive. Because we are concerned about bee decline, we wanted to use someone who will carefully remove and relocate bees, and I'm so glad we found Bee Catchers. As it turns out, our hive was a breeding hive with somewhere between 12 and 20 queens developing inside, a large hive. What a shame it would have been to have them all destroyed!

Work Completed On 04/28/2014