We're working on any types of jobs that homeowners are comfortable with. We practice all of the necessary safety precautions required by LA County.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

A-List Builders, Inc.

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2016

13237 Chandler Blvd

Van Nuys, CA 91401

A-List Builders is a family-owned Design Build Firm that wants to treat you right. We know, we know – you hear that a lot, right? Despite all the assurances, ours is an industry riddled with doubt and suspicion. Most people expect contractors to cut corners, tack on extra costs, skimp out on materials, and duck out on your questions. We hate that – and we are here to make a change! It hasn’t been easy, but from the very beginning, we have been working hard to prove that there’s still integrity in our business. To do that, we first had to overcome the things that make you uneasy. Our owner and founder, Ben Marciano, has dedicated his career to understanding the process of hiring a contractor and developed a nine point promise to our customers....

09/26/2019

Deborah B.

Excellent.

Description of Work
I hired A-List for a fairly large restoration project. The project involved wall replacement with framing and drywall, stucco, exterior and interior painting, foundation reinforcement, a new exterior gate, fence repair, brick and tile walkways. Ben was the only contractor I interviewed who recommended that an engineer inspect the foundation as part of the evaluation process. This was an insurance project and Meghan cheerfully worked through the process with my insurance company. All of the on-site workers were a pleasure to work with. They arrived early, were professional, and kept the work-site clean and organized… even the city inspector commented positively about A-List’s knowledge and organization. A-List Builders did a great job and their follow-up was excellent.

Category home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,foundation repair,driveway gates

02/08/2017

Brent B.

I liked that they were very knowledgeable and they were willing to do whatever needed to get the job done. They were very responsive.

Description of Work
We used A List Builders.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thanks, we loved working on your remodel project.

12/26/2016

Jean P.

Originally, this company was called in to find and repair a leaking bathtub; it ended up being much, much more. After many months (six, more or less), and numerous contractors insisting that their was no leak in the plumbing (despite the caved-in roof in the living room ceiling directly below the master bath above, A-List Builders finally discovered and corrected the leak in the jetted tub ini the master bathroom. It was not the plumbing, per se, it was the actual pipes in the jetted tub. What a relief to discover the problem, but not a relief to learn that I had to replace the tub. However, A-List was up to the task, replacing the tub, all of the tile around it, and the floor in the bathroom (which matched the old tile around the tub). They accomplished this all in a matter of a week! I was so pleased, since we had lost the use of the room for six months. While they were at it, I had them replace the tile in the other upstairs bathroom to have the bathrooms match. Again, a job quickly done at a reasonable price. I then asked them to give me a quote on repairing the Drywall ceiling in the living room below, and to paint the entire interior of the house. The estimate seemed reasonable, so I offered them the job. This is when things began to sour. The original estimate, which had been so reasonable, ballooned up to more than double when the contract was to be drawn. No explanation was given for the drywall estimate going from $1500 to $4000. The explanation for the interior house painting exploding $4000 more was "we didn't know you meant to paint the kitchen as well. How could someone exclude the kitchen in the statement, "Please paint the entire interior of the house." Kitchens are part of the interior of houses today. We don't live in antebellum times, when then were in another building! Needless to say, I found another Drywaller and another painter. After such a promising start, I am left with an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth. Apparently, A-List Builders felt they had a monopoly with me and thought they didn't need to be competitive any longer because I wouldn't check, or that I didn't know the price of the services I hire.

Description of Work
Repair leaking bathtub

Category home remodeling

10/07/2016

Julie T.

Wonderful company. They gave an estimate and stuck to it. Very thorough in making sure I got what I wanted at the best price. They were very professional and really nice guys. They did what I wanted and made sure I was happy. I did a kitchen and bath remodel, which included flooring, painting, new cabinets, sink, wiring, etc. They also took care of the bad mold problem I had in both kitchen and bathroom. I would recommend them to a friend and hire them again if I ever need to.

Description of Work
Bathroom and Kitchen remodel, mold removal, foundation support.

Category flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters,foundation repair

08/18/2016

Beverly and Michael S.

Our initial meeting with Rani and Ben was excellent due to them giving us information and ideas we hadn't thought of. They returned a week later with a presentation for our kitchen. Again, we were surprised at the additional ideals and presentation. We had previous had two of the big-box stores come out so we had an idea of cost. Rani and Ben were more reasonable and offered us better and more creative ideas. Our kitchen is completed and we feel we qualify for Better Homes & Gardens. We would recommend our experience and job to everyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeled

08/16/2016

Ron and Esther S.

This is the first time working with a contractor and except for a couple of delays our kitchen remodel went smooth. The outcome was better then we could imagine. The workers were very professional and we will certainly recommend A-List Builders to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Dos; Explained A-List Builders policy. Showed us their license and insurance. Showed up at the start of the demo and after the walls were removed. Explained to the electricians the wiring needed and where the outlets went.

Category remodeling,replacement windows,home remodeling

06/18/2016

San N.

My mom couldn't be happier with the work Ben and Rani did at her House. They completely remodeled her two bathrooms and took out a useless wall. I received quite a few bids, but with the first conversation I had with Ben, I knew that he knew exactly what we wanted. Ben and Rani made the process easy, painless, and actually enjoyable. We had several complications with the city because we decided to move plumbing fixtures and drains on the third floor bathroom. Ben and Rani were great when it came to dealing with the city, however we had to have more inspections and it delayed us at least a week. If I could go back and do it over I wouldn't have moved the plumbing. Other than that everything went as we were told it would go. My friends told me not to believe that the project would be done in less than two months and to expect at least 3-4 months of work, we got it done in 6 weeks! It was an experience to remember. These guys are the best in the biz!

Description of Work
My mom lives in a 3 story townhouse with two bathrooms that she remodeled. They were completely demolished and rebuilt. In her master bathroom she decided to move the shower and the toilet which really complicated things being that its in a third story. Her bathroom is also fairly large with a shower and a jacuzzi and a double vanity. She also added custom cabinets in her room to match the custom bathroom vanity she had built. The guest bathroom was much easier. The layout remained the same and the vanity was bought instead of built (so much easier). Also the tub is the shower so there was much less tile also.

Category plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,home remodeling,interior painters

05/27/2016

Irvin F.

My experience was one to be bragged about. I have never encountered professional people so committed to excellence, quality of work, & the purchasers needs and wants. Like all remodels as the process took hold and began I as a homeowner had various modifications of what was initially agreed to. Rani & Ben always took under my consideration of every deviation from the blueprints I requested, they never failed to listen to my input or any alternate changes I made in the blueprints. Both gentleman were the ultimate in professionalism, I am totally and completely satisfied with the complete remodel of my residence! I receive nothing but congratulations & adulation for the work I had done and the new appearance of my residence. I more than highly recommend them for any project you may be considering. There are very few contractors that listen to the client like these two gentleman listened to my every concern.

Description of Work
The very first thing I had done was to having my HVAC system replaced with the ducts and ceiling insulation, then we replaced by wood shingle roof to a cement tile roof, then we replaced my windows and had exterior texture coating done, then the house was rewired and re-piped (both water and sewer lines), we added recessed lights throughout the entire house, had three bathrooms remodeled, the kitchen was remodeled, had the interior completely repainted, removed the carpet throughout the entire house and instead of installing new floors they refinished my original wood and I love the fact that we could keep the original floors, we had the water heater replaced with a tankless water, we installed a complete solar system, redid the landscaping and hardscaping around the entire house, and after the house was completely done I couldn't look at my old brick fireplace so my final project was to have it redone.

Category hardwood floor,landscaping,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,hardscaping

05/26/2016

Sydney S.

I spent quite some time looking for a good contractor, which I’ve come to find out is nearly impossible, and after extensive research and a few estimates later I decided on A-List for a few reasons. Right off the bat they were friendly, knowledgable, and they didn't try to pressure me into anything. I wanted an open concept kitchen and they definitely came through! There were a few hiccups in the project that were handled immediately. Rani and Ben were both very patient with me (I am very particular) and they were there every step of the way. Overall the project went smoothly and I couldn't be happier with the results!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

01/21/2011

Jake H.

Horrible. I"m shocked that this is how this company operates. However, when I look at the business card and see the address includes a Suite (vice a real address of a wharehouse or showroom), that should have been a clue that this company was not for me.

Description of Work
Services were not performed. I answered an add online to get a kitchen remodel done. Several companies called, to include AList. We scheduled the app't for 3pm, and they called the same day to confirm the time. At 3:15 I called the company to see what was up. No one answered, so I left a msg stating that for a first time app't, I found it unacceptable to not only be late, but to not call to state they would be late. At 3:40, a man showed up at my door stating, "Sorry I'm late, but there was no parking." 40 mins to find a parking spot? Not likely. I told him good policy would have been to call me. He stated, "Well, the app't was really btwn 3:00 and 3:30." My response was, "No it wasn't because I confirmed the app't for 3:00 today." The man came in, not very professional looking, nor very interested in being here, and without a single book, measuring tape, or samples. He asked what I wanted done. I told him. He then left stating he had to get his measuring tape. 2 minutes later, he called me and said, "I'm sorry, but I just got called from the office and have to leave for an urgent appointment. Can we reschedule?" Needless to say that was the end of that conversation.

Category home remodeling

Kitchen Door - Los Angeles

Mike Guttman Design & Construction

Allow Mike Guttman, with 30 years of experience in outdoor design and construction to integrate masonry and landscape and transform your outside living space into a beautiful place to come home to. Mike's designs have been featured on HGTV , is affordable and he has serviced the L.A. area from Los Feliz to Malibu including the Hollywood elite. Mike will meet with you personally for a consultation to artfully and masterfully integrate masonry with landscape design. His customer service and attention to detail has been awarded multiple Super Service Awards from Angie's List. Mike will personally spend time visiting with you to design the perfect outdoor space for your home. Spend time with Mike and see the difference. .

Mulholland Brand

**WE OFFER THE LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED** Mulholland Brand is a high-end direct manufacturer of low maintenance aluminum gates, fences, railings, and pergolas. For direct to consumer installations, we only offer the best quality to customers. With over 25 years of experience and a 4.9/5 star average user rating on Google and Yelp, you can count on us to do an amazing job. If you are looking for the highest quality manufacturing and installations, call us today at 818-639-3820 or check us out at http://www.mulhollandbrand.com for great service, great passion, and the best security gates in Los Angeles!

Offers by Mulholland Brand on Angi

California
Contractors State Licensing Board
03/31/2021
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

We are not a handyman or repair service. We will not normally work on just one trade, but rather the entire remodeling or construction project as a whole.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about A-List Builders, Inc.

How is A-List Builders, Inc. overall rated?

A-List Builders, Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are A-List Builders, Inc. open?

A-List Builders, Inc. is open:

What payment options does A-List Builders, Inc. provide

A-List Builders, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Does A-List Builders, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, A-List Builders, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does A-List Builders, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, A-List Builders, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by A-List Builders, Inc.?

Yes, A-List Builders, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does A-List Builders, Inc. offer?

A-List Builders, Inc. offers the following services: Complete Interior/Exterior Home Remodeling, Additions, New Construction Houses and ADUs, Garage Conversions, Design Build and Project Management Services, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Deck & Pergola Building.

Are there any services A-List Builders, Inc. does not offer?