VCA Kennel Club Resort & Spa

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2005

Animal Boarding Kennels
Animal Grooming
Veterinarians

We are the premiere pet hotel in the So. Bay area of Los Angeles....

08/21/2019

We have been taking our kitty here every time we go on vacation for the past 5 years. She is always happy to be there, jumps out of her carrier as soon as she gets in the cat-room. She is loved by the staff and everyone there knows her. I love this place!

Description of Work
Cat's home away from home

02/21/2013

They take very good care. They have individual outdoor pens and turn the dogs out once a day and get sun. You can do add-on's like walk which I didn't do. They also have upgrades to levels of kennels. For instance, they have suites, poolside, and different things. They also have doggie daycare. So, they have a whole range of things that you can pick from within your budget. There is one thing I do...

Description of Work
I had my dog at VCA Kennel Club Resort & Spa for two weeks.

11/12/2012

Kayla's visit was less than a week. Check-in was efficient and friendly. All paperwork on vaccinations were presented. I had come earlier to look at kennel and play area. So Kayla was wisked away. When we returned, a short was given. All was fine.

Description of Work
Friendly staff and clean facility. It is very popular and busy so early reservations are a must. Extra fees for walks, bath, etc. No option for group doggie play time. Staffed 24/7 which is not always the case at other kennels.

09/03/2008

The personnel at the facility were friendly and competent. They checked his medical records to see that his shots were up to date. They gave us a choice of a window location in the boarding room which was extra so we declined. Our cat is pretty mellow so I don't think they had any trouble with him and he looked OK when we picked him up. I think he did pick up some kind of bug there because he came...

Description of Work
We boarded our cat at this location for 5 days.

10/08/2007

I consider them abusive to animals. The animals are kept inside 23 hours and 45 minutes daily unless the owner pays $5 for a 15 minute walk. They are only allowed outside 15 minutes a day. The animals barking is so loud you cannot communicate inside the kennel with people. The dogs appear to be in extreme distress. I saw no water in any of the kennels. The bedding is a thin rug on the concrete sur...

Description of Work
Went on a tour to possibly board my animal.

07/23/2007

My cat seemed to be healthy when I got back. They did give him cuddle time, too. The staff seemed to like my cat which was nice. I thought the price is average to other places. This place is clean and very organized.

Description of Work
I boarded my cat at this place for 4 days while I was gone. They gave him is medication and feed him every day.

03/23/2006

My dog was boarded here for 2 nights and half a day. The staff was very nice and the premises clean and pleasant. I felt very comfortable leaving him there. They offer different activity packages and accommodation levels to suit most owners. I opted for extra playtime and a bath on departure day. Overall I paid more than I have in the past ... but the service and accommodations were *well worth* the extra cost! I will definitely be using them again! I peeked in on the cats and they all had sunny window views and looked *very* content.

Description of Work
Boarded my dog for 2 nights.

10/12/2005

IT WAS VERY GOOD. THEY WERE VERY DEPENDABLE AND RELIABLE. THEY WERE GOOD. THAT'S REALLY THE SUMMARY. THEY WERE GOOD, OR WE WOULDN'T HAVE THEM THERE.

Description of Work
THEY HAD THE DOG OVERNIGHT.

08/31/2005

WE REALLY LIKE THEM. THEY ARE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE, BUT WE KNOW THE DOG WILL BE CARED FOR. THE PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY, COURTEOUS, AND LOVING TO THE ANIMALS. THEY ACTUALLY SEND BIRTHDAY CARDS TO THE ANIMALS. THEY MAKE SURE THAT THE DOG IS REALLY WELL CARED FOR AND DOESN'T COME HOME SICK.

Description of Work
IT WAS DOG BOARDING AND WALKING.

08/31/2005

THEY WERE OKAY. I FELT COMFORTABLE TAKING MY DOG IN THERE AND LEAVING HER. I LIKED THE STAFF, BUT THE FACILITIES SEEMED TO BE A LITTLE RUN DOWN COMPARED TO WHAT IS WAS. MY FEELING IS THAT MY DOG WILL BE TREATED KINDLY AND WITH RESPECT, BUT IT IS A LITTLE RUN DOWN, JUST LIKE OUR HOUSE, BUT IT'S CLEAN. THEY WERE NICE AND FRIENDLY, AND THEY SEEMED TO ENJOY WORKING WITH ANIMALS.

Description of Work
IT'S $26 A NIGHT AND ANOTHER $30-35 FOR BATHING. THEY DO DOG KENNELING AND GROOMING.

Category boarding

BATHING, FLEA TREATMENTS, PICK UP SERVICES, AFTER HOUR SERVICES, OVERNIGHT BOARDING, PERSONALIZED EXERCISE PERIODS, LUXURY ACCOMMODATIONS, DAYCARE, ON-CALL VETERINARIAN, 24-HR PERSONNEL ON PREMISES, TRAINING, SWIMMING POOL.