WalkStayPlay Pet Sitting & Dog Walking

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2011

P.O. Box 7852

Thousand Oaks, CA 91359

WalkStayPlay offers premier pet care services in The Conejo Valley, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Camarillo, Oxnard, Calabasas, and Ventura! Our Happy, Loving, and Reliable sitters are committed to providing your pets with personal attention and care to detail for your little ones and home while you are at work or play. Rest assured, we are a professional, licensed, bonded, and insured company....

07/07/2017

Julie L.

Excellent! I trust Suzy, Laura, Aubree and Lenae completely. My husband and I were recently out of town and Laura (our primary pet sitter) sent us videos, photos and text messages each visit to let us know how our babies were doing. My dog tends to be shy (she's a 6 year old rescue) and she acts like Laura is her long lost buddy. My cat (also a shy rescue that rarely lets anyone pet her) actually cuddles with Laura. This service is a God-send. My husband and I know 100% that our pets are well loved and taken care of while we're away. When I order the service (conveniently online), Suzy gets right back to me to confirm the service request. I can then view the confirmed service on my online schedule. Very professional. Worth every penny.

Description of Work
I've used WalkStayPlay several times to look after my dog and cat twice a day while my husband and I were out of town - either a couple days or a full week.

10/10/2016

Paula P.

Wonderfully. He loved the people that were sent to walk him. There were only 2, the first one moved , he was great. And I had to cancel service due to personal health issues. However I am now restarting the service90.00

Description of Work
Walking my dog 3 times a week

Category dog walkers

01/03/2016

BEVERLY R.

My dogs are always well cared for, and love the attention they get from the WSP sitters. I am so happy I found this company years ago!

Description of Work
We use Walkstayplay for daytime visits and overnight stays. The sitters are all very responsible, and they go out of their way to accommodate any concerns or requests.

12/08/2015

Ida B.

Suzy and the folks at WalkStayPlay are real lifesavers. They took great care of our pups, and when I picked them up they looked healthy and very happy! Nothing like the experience I have had with other providers in the area. I have never had such good service from a pet care provider before. I just can't say enough great things about the business. A++!!

Description of Work
Overnight dog boarding

09/09/2015

David S.

THE BEST dog sitting service I have ever used. They are courteous, responsive and great at what they do. The dog sitters are professional and take the best care of my pets. I use this service with complete confidence.

Description of Work
Dog sitting on 3 different occasions so far.

08/07/2015

Robin L.

The process of hiring and arranging the pet/house sitters was very easy and very thorough. 2 young women came to meet us, one who would be the primary sitter and the other a back-up. They asked many questions and the dogs immediately took a liking to both of them. I was very comfortable leaving our dogs in their care. The dogs are challenging, as they are relatively recent rescues with issues, so we wanted to make sure there was some consistency - someone home in the evening so the dogs could be inside, as they were still somewhat destructive inside the home when unsupervised. One day that we were gone it rained, so the sitter asked if she could give indoor access to the dogs during the day. I said sure! My mistake: the dogs proceeded to eat a hole in our bed and destroyed a pillow - not the sitter's fault! She called and let us know and was very apologetic. I appreciated the openness and honesty of the sitter greatly. Other than that incident, the dogs were well-cared for and we came back to happy, healthy pups and minor home repairs! We received regular updates via text or phone per our request, and there were detailed notes left for us when we returned. I will definitely hire again if needed.

Description of Work
Cared for 2 dogs and stayed overnight in the house while we were on vacation.

Category pet sitters, kennels

07/07/2015

Michael M.

06/11/2015

Maura O.

Description of Work
Walkstayplay provided cat sitting for our two cats; they did an excellent job. The catsitters were two recent college graduates. They reported on the cats by text on the days they visited, which was a nice touch. I expect to use them again.

06/07/2015

suzanne E.

Excellent all round. Very friendly,professional. Cats loved them. Really appreciated the SMS and pics to let us know all was okay. Brought our mail inside as well. Left a note of all they had done and about the cats for when we returned

Description of Work
Came to visit, feed and clean litter tray for two cats while we were away

01/13/2015

Maurcia L M.

01/04/2015

Patricia M.

Took care of my dog while I was on vacation. It was all good.

Description of Work
Dog boarding

Category pet sitters, kennels

12/07/2014

Joan G.

Excellent as usual!

Description of Work
Comes to Fillmore and walks my two golden twice a week. My dog walker is Heather and she is great! This company hadn't gone into Fillmore before however Heather was willing to. We meet for a consultation and I thought I'd give it a try. Excellent! They have accommodating even last minute changes, to meet my needs. I have had Heather while I was out out town come and bring them to Barkleys in Westlake, she also picked them up so they would be home when I arrived. I would recommend and have done so to everyone who is talking a pet sitter or walker!

12/01/2014

cherie C.

Walk Stay Play Pet sitters were really young and to our dismay extremely ignorant of the care that should have been given to all of our animals. The girls were really sweet albeit they had to be shown how to administer medication by oral syringe to both my rabbit and my bird. If I hadn't made a phone call to check in on our "Babies" while we were away I more than likely would have come home to find a dead rabbit. Specific info was given as to the amount and times per day the meds were to be administered to both Hannah (rabbit) and Monkey (bird). Hannah was given medication only once per day when it should have been twice. Hannah has had problems concerning GI Stasis and must be carefully monitored ALWAYS. I stressed how important this was, apparently they were NOT paying attention. When the girls were shown/told what was needed in caring for our animals they didn't really 'get it' or just plain were not listening even though they seemed to be writing down the pertinent information; CLEARLY they were not. The rabbits were fed such a massive amount of pellets that they had diarrhea. They were not fed hay as the hay bag went untouched,or they were fed hay from the floor in the back of the rabbits houses which was dusty and not for consumption. Birds were fed Soak & Cook feed AND seed at the same time leaving the wet food to sit while garnering bacteria. Emma's (chinchilla) box hadn't been cleaned and a dirty, urine-soaked, dry, stiff towel was what she had to lay on. As I stated, the girls were really sweet and caring, just unable to pay close attention to really important matters. When I relayed the information to the owner (?), I was greeted with a no/care attitude and nothing was said; no apology NOTHING! I will NEVER hire this agency again and I hope pet parents will learn from my mistake.

Description of Work
Animal care for pocket pets, dogs, cat

09/03/2014

Stephanie H.

They are very professional, reliable, they did everything they were supposed to do, and all was in order. I would recommend them, and I would use them again. They were close by, and they had very good reviews, and that is the reason why I chose to use them. This is the 2nd time that I used them.

Description of Work
I used WalkStayPlay for pet sitting.

12/24/2013

Ruthie S.

Ashley left us a daily report card on exactly what she did and how the boys (my cats) responded to her loving care. I would highly recommend using Walk Stay Play, even in lieu of having friends of relatives pet sit for "free".....

Description of Work
Jen had one of her knowledgeable and friendly pet sitters come every morning and feed my two purebred cats, clean their two litter boxes, play with them and give them lots of love. Ashley even brushed them. She also took out and brought back in my trash can, and offered to pick up our mail.

11/06/2013

Michael P.

We are thoroughly pleased with WalkStayPlay's service; they are friendly, professional, organized and provided us the comfort that our pets would be well taken care of while we were away. We're new to the area and have not established a network that includes references for pet sitting so being able to find WalkStayPlay on Angie's List was a great help. We tend to pamper our pets and prefer to hire a professional that has an expectation to provide superior care and attention for our pets while we travel and are not comfortable burdening a friend or relative with the task. The sitter met with us and our cats before our trip to ensure that they would be familiar with our pet and house needs. After the initial visit they immediately confirmed our travel schedule through email exchanges and billed us before the trip electronically via our credit card. The sitter sent texts on a daily basis to let us know everything was OK. They also leave a written daily log of each visit. We had to change our schedule after we had left for our trip to add an additional visit so we contacted the sitter who requested that we contact the company office to arrange the additional visit. Making the schedule change was easy and professionally handled. We look forward to using WalkStayPlay for all of our future pet sitting needs and would not hesitate to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
WalkStayPlay Pet Sitting took care of our cats over a long weekend, visiting twice per day to feed them, clean the litter boxes, sweep a bit if necessary and collect our mail. They have a web site for customers to create accounts to manage work requests and provide billing information.

07/10/2013

JACQUELINE S.

It went great! I was very worried about leaving my dog. They were very professional, the service was reasonably priced. I can tell that my dog was well cared for! I was very happy and would definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
They kept my dog for me while I had to go out of town.

06/03/2013

Michele W.

It started with a conversation by phone before my dogs arrived. Jen was able to recommend some good veterinary care. Once the dogs were here and I initiated service, she made a home visit with our personal dog sitters/walkers and took detailed notes..she asked me questions I'd never thought of. Her veterinary recommendation was great, and her thoroughness with regard to her assessment of our particular needs showed a genuine care that cannot be denied. Flexibility is important to me because circumstances can change abruptly, and Jen is able to absorb those changes with no apparent issue. She has provided two people who have both been to my home and are loving and available to meet the needs of my beloved canine companions. Aside from the weekly walk for my dogs, she was able to arrange out of town, overnight care immediately when notified of my need. I have been assigned a "regular" and a "back up" person who are both stellar, responsible, mature, trustworthy, creature-loving, easy to get along with people. It's really all about the dogs, but I feel like I'm being cared for too (by extension) because I can rest easily knowing that my best friends are being well taken care of. Jen is knowledgable and responsive to the needs of her clients (both human and non-human). Can't recommend her highly enough.

Description of Work
Jen is the absolute professional combined with an innate understanding of the relationship between a human and their beloved pet. She (and every single person who works with her) puts the creature's needs first, and the humans follow. I just recently moved to Thousand Oaks and she took the time (before any sort of business agreement was reached) to advise me about not only the practical, logistical details of the services she offers but also the emotional impact of my particular situation, which included rescue issues. She is wise, she is organized, she is available, she is communicative with every member of the team taking care of us, and the reality is that all bases are covered. Her level of care is amazing.

04/01/2013

BEVERLY R.

Description of Work
We have used Walkstayplay many times and have always had great experiences with their walkers and sitters. They are reliable and responsive and great to work with. It's great to be able to leave our dogs home with confidence rather than board them which creates anxiety for them.

01/04/2013

Tammy A.

Super professional. The telephone consultation immediately made me feel comfortable. Then when Lanea and the secondary dog walker came to meet my two dogs and have our personal consultation I was completely at ease. Every single day that they come, they leave me a little note telling me if they went potty and or ate their food. I have one finicky dog and Lanea worked her way into my dogs heart and is now eating with her there. I couldn't be happier! I have a very strange schedule and all I have to do is weekly send an email what my needs are and they completely take care of it all. I feel safe knowing my pups are cared for by a company that actually do what they say and I feel my home is safe as well. I recommend this company 150%!

Description of Work
First off I had a telephone consultation. They then set up a personal consultation with two dog walkers. Once primary and one secondary walker. I went ahead and booked them and Lanea came to my home sometimes once a day and sometimes twice a day and walked and fed my two dogs.

07/25/2012

Letitia P.

It was an excellent experience. We were going away on vacation for 3 days and needed to find a pet sitter but were a bit worried because we had never left our dog alone since we've had her. I initially emailed the owner for availability and her response was quick. We then asked for a meeting during which time she and the sitter she had assigned to us arrived and answered all our questions. Any concerns we had quickly disappeared after meeting the owner Jenn. They even took our dog on a quick walk through the neighborhood to make her feel familiar with our dog sitter Sandy. Sandy was wonderful. They provided walking, feeding, and even asked if we needed plants watered or mail picked up. We would only be gone 3 days but our minds were put at ease. The extra touches of texting us to let us know when a walk was complete and how the first day went was a plus. When we arrived home after our trip we had a short journal of how each visit went during the 2 1/2 day service. Overall WalkStayPlay is very professional, warm and everything you'd want from someone taking care of your special pet.

Description of Work
The services provided were 40 min. visits 2x/day which included feeding, walking, playing for 1 medium sized dog. We needed 2 1/2 days of pet service while we were out of town.

12/20/2011

Paul H.

Jen and Lenae meet with me and my greyhounds and presented the proposal. I accepted. Lenae left a writen record for each visit date, time and activities performed as well as how my greyhounds were getting along. Lenae was also available by cell phone for me to check-in while I was out of town. Being able to check-in made my travel much easier. Having the log upon my return was also comforting. Having someone come to my home vs. boarding was much easier for my greyhounds too! I will definitely call Jen at Walkstayplay when I travel.

Description of Work
Six visits (11/29 PM, 11/30 AM & PM, 12/1 AM & PM, 12/2 AM) to feed, walk, play and clean-up after my 2 greyhounds.

03/02/2011

Kevan P.

They are fabulous. The price is a fabulous rate. I looked all over the place for day care. I have high-energy dogs that need to be walked. They won't listen to me when I walk them. These guys seem to get them to listen. They are just great. The girls are really wonderful. My dogs love them. They are always on time. They bill on time. They do everything they say they are going to do.

Description of Work
They walked my three dogs for an hour.

Category dog trainers, pet sitters, dog walkers

Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Training
    MasterCard, Visa, Discover
    Satisfaction

Cat Visits, Dog Walks, Potty Breaks, Dog Day Care, Boarding, In-Home Overnight Sitting, Dog Park, Hotel Visits, Pet Taxi.