Don't waste your money on extremely cheap products during a home improvement project. Remodeling contractors know: buying good materials is worth the cost.
Find top home improvement stores in Tahoe City, CA
There are 1 top-rated home improvement stores in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Hardware Store Reviews in Tahoe City
- MAJESTIC CUSTOM SHUTTERS LLCDon worked with us offering ideas that we would not have thought of. He delivered and installed our blinds and shutters in a timely and professional manner. We are very pleased with the final product, price and Don's performance.
- The Home DepotTheir customer service is not real good and it depends on when I go in. I think they have cut their staff way back because of the way the job situation is. When I go in, it's kind of hard to find anybody to ask a question. Other than that, it's good and close to me. My overall experience with them is good. I think their prices are competitive with the other stores. Their quality is good. Their responsiveness is excellent. I haven't ordered anything from them for a long time. I just go in and pick up what I want. They are professional if you can get a hold of them
- Home DepotTheir prices are excellent and they sell quality products. I would continue to use them again in the future if needed.
- Carter Brothers Ace HardwareCarter Brothers Ace Hardware have real good service in the store. You can't go in the store without being asked if you need some help. They're just friendly. It's a family owned business and they're just wonderful people. I have some rental properties close by, so I use them quite a bit. Everyone is friendly, smiling and just very helpful. When you deal with the big box stores, it's so hard to find somebody to even help you when you're looking for a solution to a problem. But when you go into Carter Brothers, it's there at the front door. They're there to help you, from the minute you walk in. They are well staffed
- Sherwin-Williams SparksIt was a very good experience. They matched the paint for us and explained to us how they would open an account for us and keep all of our paint colors on file in-case we ever had to come back and get a refresh. They were very patient, understanding, answered all our questions, and told us exactly what we needed to do a paint match
- The Home DepotThe contractor did a fine job and I want to hire him for another project. The contractor went the extra mile and delivered the door for me at no charge, saving me a $75 delivery fee. I thought that was pretty decent of him. I will use him again in the future.
- The Home DepotThey did a beautiful job and it looks very nice. They all seemed to know what they were doing. It was wonderful. I checked out a lot of others and their price was more reasonable than some regular carpet companies and the carpet grade was better. I'm 86 years old so with the carpet I bought I don't think I will need to use them again for carpet because the carpet has a 25 year guarantee. This is the only big box store I will go to and I buy other things there
- DIY Home CenterThey are open on Sundays and you can pretty much get whatever you need. They have great price and if they don’t have it, they will order it for you and it’s going to be a day or two, so they’re pretty good at getting stuff that you need. They carry a lot of stuff that you just can’t get up here in Tahoe that you have to drive down to Carson City which is a 30-minute drive to get too. They are friendly and they take back stuff. If you don’t need it, you can return that. The staff knows the bits and pieces and they provide discount for seniors and military. They will load up the car or the truck for you
- CENTRAL SYSTEMS ELECTRICThe wiring was done in a very professional way and in a timely manner. I would use this company again. They provided a reasonable estimate, but because of the work ethic of the employee, he wasted no time and therefore, the actual cost was less than estimated. All old materials were cleaned up and there was nothing undone to make it right
- MAJESTIC CUSTOM SHUTTERS LLCI called to get my blinds fixed and I met him at the shop at the appt. time. He will have 2 blinds fixed by tomorrow and 1 will send off to Hunter Douglas for repairs. Great service. Have used him in the past and will continue in the future.
Home Improvement Stores in Tahoe City
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance ZoneRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance partsTyson A.
- Business Description:We sell and service outdoor power equipment, i.e. snow blowers, lawn mowers, chainsaws, string trimmers, hedge trimmers. Our inventory ranges from commercial to residential. We also have a good supply of parts. We can assist in financing largerer purchases through Sheffield FinancingRecent Review:Only reason used was that they had the part in stock. That was the highlight. Arrogance permeates the operation, from the signs on the counter to the attitude of the staff. Cost was twice that of the competition. I usually go out of my way to patronize the little guy but these folks make it difficult. Other providers in the area are more accommodating and certainly more professional. Noted response to my complaint. Funny it had nothing to do with the experience since the part I purchased was in stock, no order placed. No attempt at service provided. Complaint stems from counter man's demeanor. Plenty of other service providers that combine knowledge, inventory and good customer serviceJohn K.
- Business Description:We're here to help you do more. Provide the know-how you need. Give you the resources to get it done. Unleash the doer in you. We're proud to be doers, too. We roll up our sleeves and get involved in our customers' projects. We jump in and help our communities. We are the nation's largest home improvement store, and we are ready to go from to-do to doneRecent Review:Went great. Great job. Reasonably priced, professional work. <br />Charles W.
- Business Description:Our 32 year of business. We are a general contracting retailer that specializes in fireplace construction, fireplace and wood stove repair, and remodeling. We have established and excellent network of sub-contract specialists for you. LYF handles the permit process for you. Billing is Net 10 days. We accept Visa, MasterCardRecent Review:Installation was executed as promised, on time and at expected cost. <br />Susan B.
- Business Description:Vampire Tools International, Inc. is a supplier of high quality, precision hand tools which offer solutions to unique problems. We bring new and unique tools to the market. Please register on our website to keep yourself informed of new and innovative products
- Business Description:We offer a wide range of products and services to fit every budget. We specialize in window tinting, paint protection, wraps or any other applied plastic. Serving Nevada and California since 1999. Owner/Operator Robert Turner, recently won 1st place in the 2015 International Window Film Tint-Off Automotive Division, Sponsored by Window Film Magazine. We offer shop quality installations at an affordable price, because we don't have the overhead that other shops have, we can meet, or beat any ..
- Business Description:Check about financing options. Social media: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/homedepot. Twitter: https://twitter.com/HomeDepot.Recent Review:After visiting several carpet sellers, The Home Depot had the best selection and pricing for the type of carpeting that was sought. Sales personnel were patient and helpful in selecting appropriate product. A different department handled the scheduling for measurements, and the installers subsequently appeared on schedule and worked very quickly to finish the job in less than a day. The house was cleaned up, and new carpet was installed nicely and is withstanding constant use without any problems. <br /Michael M.
- Business Description:We are a soundproofing supply company, we provide and recommend product for your application. Applications: home, basements, ceilings, garage conversion to music practice, and commercial applications.
- Business Description:The #1 source for vent covers and baseboard heater covers
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home improvement store articles
When you need equipment to complete a home-improvement project, should you buy the new tools, or just rent them for a few hours — or a few days?
Find hardware stores in
- Olympic Valley
- Carnelian Bay
- Tahoe Vista
- Kings Beach
- Incline Village
- Zephyr Cove
- South Lake Tahoe
- Washoe Valley
- Mound House
- Carson City
- Vc Highlands
- Virginia City
- Spanish Springs
- Pollock Pines
hardware stores in Tahoe City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- Appliance Zone
- CENTRAL SYSTEMS ELECTRIC1253 US HIGHWAY 395 N
- CENTRAL SYSTEMS ELECTRIC
- J D HOSS HARDWOODS & CARPET12000 PIONEER TRAIL RD 2
- J D HOSS HARDWOODS & CARPET
- Light Your Firepo box 5817
Tahoe City, California
- Light Your Fire
- NEVADA SMALL ENGINES1750 GLENDALE AVE
- NEVADA SMALL ENGINES
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Tetris Movers
- The Home Depot921 Jacks Valley Rd
Carson City, Nevada
- The Home Depot1001 Steamboat Pkwy
- The Home Depot4655 Galleria Pkwy
- The Home Depot6590 S Virginia Street
- The Sherwin-Williams Co - Reno9748 S Virginia St Ste G
- TintCo Custom Glass Tinting1051 Table Mountain Way
- Tetris Movers
- Vampire Professional Tools International47 Peters Canyon Rd
- Vampire Professional Tools International