American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2005

304 N Townsend St Unit D

Santa Ana, CA 92703

American Leak Detection’s highly trained technicians use non-invasive leak detection equipment to accurately locate leaks to save time, money and avoid unnecessary property damage. We are the world leader in the accurate, non-destructive detection of all leaks including hidden water, sewer and gas

08/12/2015

Richard T.

Description of Work
If you need service on your pool or Jacuzzi, ask for Glen & John to service your repairs. No complaints. They are the best.

08/01/2015

William K.

I have a pool/spa combination that was losing water at a rate of about three inches a week. I used American Leak Detection twice since November of 2014 and paid $650 for two leak detection visits. The November leak detection found nothing. However, the pool kept leaking at the same rate and I kept watching for something to change. Finally, something seemed different, and I scheduled another appointment in July. This time, they found a tiny leak near a spa jet. The leak detection specialist told me that he doesn't like this part of the job because he has to tell people that their entire spa must be demolished in order to fix the leak. (As it turned out, he couldn't have been more incorrect. The leak he found wasn't the largest leak; and all leaks could be repaired without demolishing the spa.) American Leak Detection would not recommend anyone to make the repair. (In hind sight, this was probably a blessing.) So, I searched around, asked for recommendations, and finally found a company competent in making such a repair. The repair company repaired the tiny leak near the jet, repaired a small flaw in the pebble tech finish near the jet, identified a very large leak around the spa light, and fixed that leak too. This repair company traveled from San Jacinto to Laguna Niguel for the repair; and they completed all repairs for $400. Because American Leak Detection missed the very large leak around the spa light, I spoke with them about a refund. What they said was that there is a six month warranty on the pool leak service. So, the leak detection in November was out of warranty. They also said that their company policy is to stop checking for leaks as soon as one leak is found. So, when the company employee found that small leak near the spa jet, then he had completed his job. I pointed out that the small leak detected would only explain about 10% of the water loss. To that, the company responded that the warranty would have covered me if the spa or pool continued to leak. In other words, they would come out again and again until they found all the leaks. So, no - the company did not refund anything. (Oh by the way, I showed the company an earlier version of the content of this paragraph for their reaction. They agreed with what I wrote.) So there you have it! American Leak Detection does not consider it their job to find all your leaks. If they can find the tiniest of leaks, they'll stop and bill you without regard to explaining the full water loss in your situation. What do you think? Is this who you want checking your pool for leaks?

Description of Work
American Leak Detection provided leak detection services for my pool/spa combo in November and July. The cost was $350 in November for the pool and spa and $300 in July for just the spa.

07/20/2015

JAMES D.

8am the first of the 3 workers [ Brian, Abel, Ed] arrived to dig the trench which went from the connection of the water co. feed to mine.[at st. level] Angled water line was contoured not to interfere with the sprinkler system line. they went under the brickwork with the water line and cut the concrete on either side. then, up into the side of my garage, over the garage door and down to the connection on the other side using 1in. copper tubing. Inside the garage all lines were contoured and flush and done very neatly. The concrete was then neatly filled in [no eyesore here]. All workers were friendly and always courteous. I would like to say i would use them again but they did such a good job i probably wont have to unless its another unrelated problem. I would recommend these people they know what they are doing. p.s. the work performed was $2,500.00 and the leak detection was an additional $225.00.

Description of Work
Had water leak beneath the driveway of my home [not inside garage] New water lines were put in and old water line disconnected.

02/11/2015

Don G.

Description of Work
Had large leak in swimming pool at unknown location. Within 1 hour leak was located. Appointment made for 2 weeks later to repair. Repair done completely and professionally. Highly recommended.

10/09/2014

Michael Y.

A neighbor's recommendation to use America Leak Detection was a good one. They gave a 2 hour arrival window when I asked for an appointment, with an expect duration of 45 to 90 minutes for the work, at a price of $275 for their technology based service. Their tech Scott arrive arrived late in that window due to a heavy workload but yet still ending up working hard for over 2.5 hours, far beyond the normal time allotted. Scott found only a small leak in the landscaping electrical valves (which he adjusted to fix) but no serious leak was found and advised he would not charge for the visit. However, we persisted and found moisture under the parquet in a very unusual random pattern. A very diligent house inspection followed. Suddenly, 90 minutes after starting, a leak of about a gallon per hour became present and Scott traced the piping locations to determine the leak was in the hot water line from the garage to the rear bathroom. Apparently a pinhole was being blocked by minerals, sand, particles intermittently to stop the leak or allow as much as 1 gal/hr. If you suspect a leak and cannot see it, call these guys. Good technology and experience to look where problems occur. Scott also found a trivial leak in the 4 oz. per day range in a toilet valve. Examples of thoroughness: Scott pulled out the refrigerator, checked the icemaker line and the frig's condensing pans for sign of leaks, behind the dishwasher's kick panel, and much more. Scott and I discussed repair tactics, but he did not even mention that they could do the repair but the emailed final report includes an estimate to repair, subtly, without a hard sell. I hope to never need them again, but would readily do so.

Description of Work
Lifted wood flooring suggested wet concrete slab and possible a small in-slab leak, so electronic leak detection was required

06/17/2014

Terencio T.

They arrived when they said they would, and went right to work. They correctly located the leak under the kitchen floor, and recommended how to proceed. Great guys, thanks.

Description of Work
Locate leak under concrete slab.

05/02/2014

EILEEN M.

The repair person Toby had been to our home the a few months before and was courteous but this time he was very rude and abrupt. I had asked if the same pipe was leaking could he replace the pipe instead of splicing it and he said no, that he doesn't have time to do that, he is only allotted 2 hours, and he can't do it. He then made numerous holes in the wall, found the leak, but seemed to not want to fix it at all. He claimed he could not reach the pipe with his ladder, so I went up to the garage and brought down a taller ladder. Then he said he can't access the pipe from where he put the holes in, and since there was a 10and quot; board next to the pipe he couldn't come at it from the ceiling either. Since it was a free standing wall I suggested since he already put numerous holes in the wall that he approach the pipe from the other side. He agreed and was able to fix the leak easily. After he fixed the leak and turned the water back on, I had water coming out of the hood to my range and down along the cabinets, more than was originally leaking so I asked him to make sure he fixed the leak and check for another one. He was not very happy and when I told him more water was leaking from the wall, he said and quot;well its not my faultand quot;. I asked him if he would be happy if someone repaired something in his home, but it seemed to be worst after the repair and how can more water be coming out of the walls and he admitted the bucket he used to catch the water had a hole in it so rather than contain the excess water in the pipe when it was cut, he let it run into my walls. Once he left, I put a call in to the office to advise of my experience and spoke with Brian and asked him to leave a message for Steve Lee the manager. I did not get a return call from Steve. On May 1, 2014 I called and spoke with the answering service for Steve Lee. Once again I have gotten no response.

Description of Work
This review pertains to the San Juan Capistrano office. Opened up walls (without trying to hear the leak with their special equipment) to find a pin hole leak, found it, but used a leaking bucket to contain excess water when the pipe was spliced to repair the leaking area, causing more of a flood than the original leak.

Category pool cleaners

On 5/8/14 at 9:28am, Steve Lee spoke to [member name removed]. Steve Lee is the office manager and he apologized for Toby’s poor attitude on 4/22/14 opposite of the great service provided on 2/24/14. Our technician Toby had stated he was having a challenging day. Toby agreed that regardless of a challenging day, customer service is a top priority. We value our customers and their opinions and our objective here at American Leak Detection is to provide the absolute best in customer service. [Member name removed stated that the only reason she posted a comment to Angie’s list was due to her receiving no response or return calls from Steve Lee. The messages to Steve Lee were never given by Brian, the CSR and from the after hours answering service. [Member name removed was very thankful for Steve finally responding to her comments. [Member name removed stated that she will use our services in the future.

04/16/2014

FRANK P.

They did an excellent job finding and fixing one underground leak and another one buried in the walls of the garage. I've used them before and they've always done a great job. For the slab leak in the back they had to take out a two square foot area of concrete to get at the irrigation pipes buried underneath. They fixed the leak and poured new concrete. For a garage wall leak they by-passed the leak by installing new copper pipes after discussions with me on how best to deal with it.

Description of Work
The houses in my development in Mission Viejo are developing slab leaks. American Leak Detection has come out and found and repaired each one. They even found a leak I didn't know I had buried under the concrete in a side yard. That part of the yard was always a little damp but I never suspected an underground leak.

Category concrete repair, plumbing, pool cleaners

02/12/2014

Cecinia K.

They are a good company. They are the best. They are very efficient and do nice work. Did not have a lot of mess. They showed me what was done and that it was working properly.

Description of Work
They detected the leak, they cut pipes under the cement. After 4 months I noticed the ground was still wet. They came back and said there were more leaks. They recommended I re-pipe the whole house and I did.

02/03/2014

susie H.

Were honest about our leak. Said it could not be located by my description and that we did not have a pipe leak. Water was from a different source.

Description of Work
Provided quote.

02/03/2014

Joslyn W.

They began work about two days after initial visit. Finshed promptly. My plumbing works better than it did prior to their service.

Description of Work
Sent by insurance company to detect and repair leak. Found two additional leaks. Rerouted plumbing to avoid costly slab leak repair. Now plumbing in kitchen has never worked better. Very satisfied.

01/18/2014

Nancy M.

Glen came out on 1-16-2013 and inspected the leak and the next day James came out and repaired the leak. He also cleaned leaf basket and recommended a better way to distribute the chlorine. They were very professional and courteous. We would refer them to others.

Description of Work
Repaired a leak at a pipe going to the pool pump.

08/12/2013

Ellie L.

Scott and his crew were incredibly professional, arriving on time and working diligently to complete the job in a timely manner. We are very satisfied with their work. We would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Detected leakage. Removed old cast iron piping and replace with PVC under studio apartment.

09/17/2012

Mark H.

We had water damage in various locations throughout the house, but other vendors failed to locate the source of the problem. Matt and his team thoroughly inspected all possible sources, and finally found (with the help of a camera) a broken pipe where the kitchen and laundry room drains met. The break was just inside the front door, but they minimized destruction to part of the tile floor by making the hole just big enough to get at the pipe and effect repairs. Before proceeding they hung plastic curtains to minimize dust, which worked very well. The team was very professional during the whole process. No negatives to report. Would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
They found and repaired a broken drain pipe under the foundation slab. They had to jackhammer into the slab to get to the pipe, but kept the intrusion to a minimum. Repairs were completed the first day, the hole was filled and concrete poured the following morning.

06/28/2012

dave W.

I received a $25 off coupon through angies list. make sure you use that!

Description of Work
My pool was leaking water. I was thinking i was going to spend a load of money w/ construction and demolition and things of that nature. The guys came by, found the leak in 20 minutes and told me i could repair it myself! My pool has been doing great since! I would highly recommend them!

04/18/2012

Gregory F.

Excellent from start to finish. Very professional.

Description of Work
American Leak Detection found the leak within 1 hour from a running toilet.

04/05/2012

Donna T.

I was extremely concerned about the new cement not matching with the old, which surrounds the entire pool. When they gave me the estimate, they showed me how big of an area would have to be replaced.I reluctantly gave them the ok to continue. When they arrived, they told me of this great idea they had to minimize the problem and they did a great job. The cement didn't exactly match, but the way they did it made it look as if it was the way the pool was originally designed. I was really impressed.They weren't cheap, but the work came with a 5 year warrantee.

Description of Work
They had to redo all of the plumbing. That meant digging up the cement and replacing it when done.

Category concrete repair, plumbing, pool cleaners

03/23/2012

Boban P.

Excellent work overall, detected leaks in two places, suggested the best way to fix the leaks to my contractors.

Description of Work
Leak detection for pool/spa.

02/23/2012

johanna Z.

My husband was happy with them. The man that came out was super. He was knowledgeable, polite and prompt. He seemed very honest.

Description of Work
We used American Leak Detection to check our house for leaks.

02/03/2012

May W.

They were able to detect the leak fairly quickly. They used blue tape to mark general layout of the pipes in question. We did not use them to do the actual repair because the price they quoted was much higher than the first quote we got.

Description of Work
They detected the leak in my garage.

01/13/2012

Dorothy R.

It went very well. They were able to schedule an appointment within a week. We would not hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
We were losing water from our pool and suspected a leak in the plumbing, as there were no obvious signs of a leak. James arrived at the scheduled time and went right to work. Using pressurized air and a stethoscope, he detected a leak in the return side of the pool plumbing. He also pointed out where the pool pump needed new gaskets and seal. He provided a written report of his findings. When we uncovered the pipe, there was the leak exactly where he said. Once the pipe was repaired, James came out again to re-check the return plumbing and confirm that the leak was fixed. A written report was provided for the retest. It cost $275 with an Angie's List coupon to locate the leak initially and $150 to return for the recheck. We were pleased with the results. James was easy to work with and happy to answer our many questions about pool plumbing as well as the leak detection process.

04/15/2011

Susan & Thomas C.

They were very methodical. They tried to do their best at minimal cost. They finished the test and gave us a report which we could show the insurance company for acceptance. They even lowered their price since the job did not turn out to be as complicated as it could be. The quality of the work was perfect. They took the time to talk to you. They were here the day after we called them. They were clean. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
American Leak Detection has done extensive leak search.

04/04/2011

FRANK P.

Glen did not find a leak in the lines, but spent time determining that the leak was in the skimmer attachment. His experience found a problem that another leak detection company was unable to find. He fixed it quickly and for a very reasonable price. I highly recommend using American Leak Detection (and ask for Glen).

Description of Work
Glen Zenor came out to find a leak in the plumbing lines in the spa that was causing water loss of an inch a day.

07/29/2005

THEY PROBABLY DO RATE AN "A," BUT I'M NOT GOOD AT RATING. THEY GAVE A SENIOR DISCOUNT. IF IT WAS FREE I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM AN "A." I THOUGHT THEY WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL, VERY PROMPT, AND PROFESSIONAL. THE QUALITY OF WORK WAS GOOD. THE PERSON THAT CAME WAS VERY THOROUGH. HE TRIED TO MINIMIZE THE PRICE OF THE OVERALL SERVICE.

Description of Work
WE HAD A LEAK IN THE WATER LINE THAT WENT TO REFRIGERATOR WATER DISPENSER. THE REFRIGERATOR IS IN THE KITCHEN. HE PUT PRESSURE ON THE MAIN WATER PIPING.

06/02/2005

Katherine T.

DAN WAS FAST AND VERY EFFICIENT. HE WAS FRIENDLY AND WAS MORE THAN READY TO EXPLAIN WHAT HE WAS DOING. HE TRIED THE LEAST INTRUSIVE METHOD OF REPAIR FIRST. HE WAS PROFESSIONAL. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

Description of Work
DAN KELLY LOCATED AND REPAIRED A LEAK IN OUR SWIMMING POOL. HE TESTED THE ATTACHED SPA, POOL EQUIPMENT AND DIFFERENT AREAS IN AND AROUND THE POOL FOR LEAKS BY USING A DYE PROCESS.

All American Concrete

Offering concrete driveways, patios and walkways, flagstone work, brick and masonry work and pavers stone work, stamped concrete, house foundation and footings.

Alan Smith Pool Plastering & Remodeling

There’s A Reason Over 30,000 Families Have Trusted Alan Smith Pool Plastering Since 1981 We Always Insist On Doing Every Job Exactly Right. *No cheap sub standard cements, aggregates or pigments in our pool finishes *No sub-contracted, unqualified & inexperienced plastering finishers(We only have an “A” team) *Every job is run by a team of experts and has a dedicated project manager. *No inflated pricing, all estimates come from a company price list. Quality work at a fair price. What a concept! Yes you have dozens-maybe even hundreds of options- for resurfacing and remodeling your pool. And the question we get all the time is “why should we go with Alan Smith Pool Plastering?” To be up front with you, we’re not the cheapest contractor. We’re also not the fastest. If you are looking for fast and cheap, head down to the Home Depot or Lowe’s or call around to some of our competitors. That being said, our work is not exclusively for the rich and famous either. In fact, our typical customer has a 15,000 gallon pool, makes between $75,000-$100,000 in household income, and spends between $5,000-$15,000 with us on their pool and spa renovation.(yes several choose to upgrade and remodel their entire backyard with pavers, patio covers, masonry and outdoor lighting) In other words, we cater to people who can afford to do the job right the first time. People who want the job to outlast their lifetime, and we don’t want to save a few dollars by using cheap materials and labor instead of quality products and an experienced work force. Here’s what your really need to know. Our pool surface warranty is 10 YEARS because once we resurface your pool it is NOT coming off since we use advanced pool prepping technology that creates a high strength bond. Most of our jobs are from past customer and referrals from friends, neighbors and family-they like us enough to come back. We do a really good job-and we have since 1981. We DO NOT clean pools. Call us to discuss your project.

Professional Plumbing Inc

With all the new health concerns caused by COVID-19 we at Professional Plumbing Inc have increased our efforts to make sure we help stop the spread of this virus. All our technicians are now wearing a new set of gloves and booties into each home. All tools are wiped down with wipes made to kill germs, not just clean them before going back into the trucks. Hand tools are periodically dipped in rubbing alcohol to further help destroy germs. These may seem like extreme measures, but we take your health and the health of all our employees seriously. Thank you for your continued business. We are not the typical plumbers, our guys are neat and clean, well groomed, respectful of you and your property. They arrive in a clean truck that is well stocked, and best of all we don't try to charge you a ridiculous amount of money to do a so-so job. Minor plumbing leaks to replacing the sewer line in you front yard. We can handle any plumbing issue you have quickly and we are affordable. We are here to help. We want your business and it shows on every job we do. We come in and quickly solve your plumbing issues, then we clean up so well that you can't really tell that we were even there, except of course, your plumbing is working the way it is supposed to. Try us once and you will wonder why you haven't used us in the past and you'll want to use us in the future. Additional phone - (949) 646-5511, (877) 755-3519.

Offers by Professional Plumbing Inc on Angi

n/a

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach

How is American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach overall rated?

American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

What days are American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach open?

American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach is open:

What payment options does American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach provide

American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach offer free estimates?

No, American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach does not offer free project estimates.

Does American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach offer a senior discount?

No, American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach does not offer a senior discount.

Does American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach offer emergency services?

Yes, American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach?

No, American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach does not offer warranties.

What services does American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach offer?

American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach offers the following services: Non-invasive leak detection & repair, swimming pool cracks, & concealed plumbing systems. Infrared detection. Trenchless pipe replacement. Plumbing leak Detection: Inside construction, behind walls; Under concrete slabs and asphalt; Basements, drains, wastewater; Landscaping, fountains, irrigations; Water intrusion in roofs; Radiant heat/boiler systems

Are there any services American Leak Detection - Orange Cnty & Long Beach does not offer?

n/a