BABE'S & LIGHTNING MUFFLER SERVICE INC

Founded 1954 • With Angi since February 2008

Auto Mufflers
Auto Service

2 EMPLOYEES.NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEES. ...

06/27/2014

Description of Work
Replaced worn out muffler quickly and at a great price. | |I have used this shop for years, and it's one I have never had a bad experience with. Fast, professional, reliable. Willing to do quick repairs to put off a larger cost repair for a month or two - or tell me that it is not going to be possible. | |Very happy with this place

04/09/2011

Staff were friendly, straight forward and inspired confidence. Work was completed on time. In the end, the work was unnecessary and did not solve problem but this was NOT the fault of the Babe Muffler people. They did only what I asked and had erroneously been advised to do by another auto repair shop. I advise anyone who is told that they must replace catalytic converters or any other expensive p...

Description of Work
Replaced the four catalytic converters of my Ford F-150. Estimate was within $7.00 of actual cost.

Category muffler repair,auto repair

02/03/2009

The amount quoted over the phone was the amount we paid. We were in & out in 45 minutes. We were really pleased that it was so quick and easy. And he was very pleasant. We can't honestly access quality. Time will tell.

Description of Work
Flex pipe replacement.

09/02/2008

I scheduled the work on my husband's truck. It had a hole in the exhaust system that you could see from opening the hood. However, we were not sure about how much more damage there might be when the truck was put up on the lift. They answered the phone on the first ring everytime I phoned them. I scheduled a day to bring it in, but then discovered there was a Babe's in Campbell close to my house. ...

Description of Work
The work was performed at the other station in Campbell. But this is the main company as I understand it. They helped in scheduling my work and recommending the other address for being convenient.

07/15/2008

I never had another problem with the exhaust system on my car. He did a great job and I was shocked at how low the price was - it was lower than the estimate which never happens these days! I called the same day he fixed the car. The service was great. Unbelievable service. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They fashioned a part that fixed my problem instead of me having to get a whole new exhaust system.

02/08/2008

Babe's is fast, professional and price their work fairly. The guys are friendly and efficient, and the final price was as estimated. I am very happy with this place. I've been going here for many years, and their workmanship is excellent, and the parts are totally reliable. They did not try to sell me any "extras" (warranties, mufflers, resonators, etc.), but there are added attractions. The waiting room is a time-machine into the 1940's, and of course, the statue out front is a fine landmark.

Description of Work
Replaced catalytic converter in my 25-year-old Peugeot. The original catalytic converter was bolted in with a connecting flange on each side. They found an exact fit converter, and replaced it, leaving the flanges in place, just as original.

06/27/2014