Ark Animal Hospital

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2004

Veterinarians
Animal Grooming

Small animal, general practice veterinary hospital. Serving San Diego and communities of Clairemont, Kearny Mesa, and Linda Vista since 1984....

04/21/2017

It near my home. They're very responsive and extremely professional. Their facility is just immaculate.

Description of Work
It was for rabies shots.

04/21/2017

I was just looking for a new veterinarian. I used to use another place that I don't go to anymore.

01/12/2017

My pet gets her shots there and she gets anything that has to be done, which is usually not very much because she is in such good health.

Description of Work
I used them for veterinary services.

01/12/2017

I've had three dogs that I've used that company for. That is for everything, their shots and whatever they've had to have done.

Description of Work
I used them for veterinary services.

02/20/2013

We are very happy with Dr. Hetzler, and recommend him without hesitation. I cannot judge comparable fees as we have used Dr. Hetzler exclusively since 1988 but fees seem fair and reasonable to us.

Description of Work
After going to three different veterinarians in the surrounding area, I have been going to Dr. Hetzler exclusively since early 1988, an outstanding veterinarian. On every visit he and his staff members have treated me and my animals with the utmost care and respect and have always provided me with his diagnosis and prognosis, while providing two to three options and expected results in life threatening and quality of life issues. Dr. Hetzler always provides in depth easy to understand diagnosis and at home instructions While Dr. Hetsler has recently reduced some of his busy workload, and to meet my available schedule, I chose to try Dr. Chu a relatively new addition to Ark, and was very pleased with her skill, knowledge and professionalism. Ark always provides telephone follow-ups and e-mail reminders of upcoming exams, blood work, vaccinations , etc. I cannot say enough about his exemplary staff, how friendly, caring and compassionate they are. His staff are wonderful representatives of Dr. Hetzler and Ark animal hospital. The hospital is flawless in cleanliness and modern equipment, even providing a fire plug outside for visiting patients! .Karen Harrington and Jim Larson

02/10/2012

Very professional; have been very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
Use them for general veterinary care for our cat: teeth cleaning, flea control, etc.

04/13/2011

I've been going there for over 20 years and they are truely wonderful. It's run by the same doctor all this time and he's very strong in every way for animal care. He also has a connection with a research facility that has provided some amazing pet treatments for cat cancers. My cat had a huge tumor and he got free clinical trial drugs from a lab in New York and his tumor shrunk way down. He's amazingly well connected with clinical trials.

Description of Work
I take my pets to Ark Animal House.

01/29/2011

My family has used Dr Hetzler at Ark Animal hospital for 3 dog lives. Can't think of an inadequate service. Everybody charges too much, but if you ask why, what are the alternatives, the prognosis for each, etc., like you would for any doctor, it helps. He has allowed my low-budget friend to give injections herself, and otherwise keep costs low if you ask. He is sharp, but quick to refer to specialists. Trustworthy. Follows up and gives advice by phone. Blue ribbon stuff. I don't know if his new partner meets the standard.

Description of Work
vaccinations diagnostics: physical, bloods, urinalysis, stool, x-rays, cultures, aspirations, biopsies therapies: pharmaceuticals, flea and tic control, tooth cleaning, set bones, dietary supplements education and counselling euthanasia

11/21/2008

He's very good and knowledgeable about our pets care. He also has a very good facility. His business card also includes the number for emergency needs. I like that.

Description of Work
I started with them years ago because he was the only one that would operate on my cat. It turned out to be a huge hairball stuck in his stomach. We have taken numerous pets there over the years. My most recent experience was with my 16 years old cat who developed diabetes and glaucoma. He was so good about advising us about insulin and other needs.

10/12/2007

Dr. Hetzler is wonderful and extremely knowledgeable. The business offers a friendly, clean atmosphere. I would definitely recommend them to anybody. Unfortunately, I do not have the cost for this particular appointment. I have been using their services for 2 years.

Description of Work
My dog had the annual check up and shots.

Category veterinarian

Wellness care; senior pet care; spay, neuter; vaccines; flea, tick, and heartworm prevention; x-ray and ultrasound; surgery; medical problems: skin, ears, allergies, wound care

Boarding, training