Sutter Terrace Dental Group

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2008

3001 P St Ste A

Sacramento, CA 95816

Sutter Terrace Dental Group is a private practice comprised of four (4) general dentists. We provide a wide variety of dental care for children & adults in a spacious, state-of-the-art facility in Midtown Sacramento. We have seven (7) Registered Dental Hygienists to choose from. We provide written financial estimates before beginning treatment and offer CareCredit, third party financing for patient convenience....

04/28/2016

09/25/2015

Lynnette W.

04/15/2015

steve N.

I have found my new dentist.

Description of Work
I needed a check up and cleaning. Also, a prior dentist had installed a crown incorrectly. I wanted Dr. Whitten to look at that. The entire staff was very professional. Dr. Whitten was gentle and did a great job.

02/07/2015

William C.

They are pretty good; I have no complaints. It looks like a newer office on the inside. It is a nice office and they have a good friendly staff. There really is nothing I don't like about it and it is pretty easy to get in and out of. They are good. I go every six months.

Description of Work
I use Sutter Terrace Dental Group as my dentist.

07/01/2014

Donna and Tim R.

Very happy with their front office, the way they treat their customers, and the dentist and hygienists are very good.

Description of Work
I've used Sutter for 18 years. They do all types of dentistry.

Category dentists, oral surgeons

06/30/2014

Pat M.

I was working in Sacramento for the summer and away from my usual dentist. I broke a tooth and needed immediate care. I did have to wait a day to get the appointment as they were overbooked when I called and I was not in any pain. If I had been they would have tried to see me the same day. The cost was discussed in advance and included everything. There were no surprises. I didn't have to wait long once I got to the dental center. The dentist explained everything he did beforehand. I got a temporary crown and went back in 2 weeks and got the permanent one.

Description of Work
I broke a tooth. I called Sutter Dental and they were able to get me in the next day.

06/05/2014

He is personable and seems to do a good job. I have used him for over 20 years.

Description of Work
I use Dr. David Feder for dentistry.

06/03/2014

Tim N.

I can say that I had a good experience. Dr. Cantrell went through a few scenarios with me and referred me to an endodontist for further examination. All of the appts were made quickly and Dr. Cantrell even called to follow up with me after my appt with the endodontist, which I appreciated. The office was clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Description of Work
A few weeks after having a baby, my tooth erupted in pain. I had already had a root canal done on that tooth and wasn't sure what was going on. We don't have dental insurance so price was important to me, but I also care about good dental work and have had bad experiences going somewhere just because they're "cheap", so I settled on Sutter because their prices seemed fair and they had received good reviews.

09/14/2013

I am very pleased with the care I have received under Dr. Cantrell. My previous dentist inflicted a lot of pain, and I am so glad I found Dr. Cantrell! The root canal I had last year was my first, and I was not looking forward to it, but it really was no worse than getting a major crown. His "bedside manner" is very considerate, and he is sensitive to the fact that I pay out of pocket (I do not have dental insurance) - he does not over-prescribe procedures.

Description of Work
Dr. Cantrell has been my general dentist for serveral years, and he performed a root canal last year.

Category endodontics, dentists

09/12/2013

Oops, just described in detail, above.

Description of Work
Dr. Cantrell understands my extreme anxiety. For me, that is huge! Also, he is nice, efficient, communicative and professional. Because my insurance has yearly limitations, he prioritizes the work that should be done immediately and develops a plan for work that can wait until the following year, or even the next. The office staff is friendly and helpful as well. I have put off going to the dentist for 2.5 years. But now that I go to Sutter Terrace Dental and use Dr. Cantrell, I keep my appointments every six months and don't delay the work that really needs to be done.

Category dentists, cosmetic dentist

04/29/2013

Elisha C.

Very well!

Description of Work
Upon moving to Sacramento from Southern California I just had a feeling that finding a new dentist was not going to work out... As a former actress and model, I had and still have very high standards, so, several times a month, in the beginning, and then every month for several years, I proceeded to drive back and forth to SoCal on several occasions so that I could visit my Los Angeles dentist. Well enough is enough... My loving husband referred me to this office, and I am very happy. They are always courteous, on time... and have made my mouth a show piece worthy of LaLaLands standards...

Category dentists, cosmetic dentist

04/08/2013

Robert M.

Eveything went well as usual. They are good dentists and provide good care.

Description of Work
They put a crown on a tooth.

03/27/2013

Robin S.

They just act like they know you when you walk in. My dentist explains everything and the atmosphere is so calming I never need the nitrous oxide, though she has it available. I don't know, they're just very calming people. I'd almost enjoy going to the dentist. She's also very friendly. I hope to use her the rest of the time I'm in Sacramento.

Description of Work
I use Sutter Terrace Dental Group. I've been a patient for a year and a half. I didn't feel like I was getting anything done by the dentist I went to before so my brother gave me the name of Sutter and that's why I go there, and now my mom goes there as well. After my first cleaning there, my mouth hurt for two days and that had never happened before, so I don't think I was getting very good cleanings at the other dentist's. I'd had a tooth that had been bothering me while I was going to the other dentist and he never even looked at it. His staff did and said they didn't think it was anything, and it wound up being pulled and having an abscess. So that's the reason I went to Sutter in the first place, because I knew there was something wrong with that tooth.

10/29/2012

Step T.

Treatment is still in progress, and given the prolonged healing times necessary between phases, will not likely be done until the Spring. To say that I was most favorably impressed with Dr. Whitten's knowledge, manner, and clarity of expression would be a serious understatement. At no time did I feel that I was being steered into a course of treatment that I neither needed nor could conveniently afford. Instead, she listened patiently to my concerns and was governed by them in fashioning the treatment options she presented. Her assistants are pleasant, concerned, engaged, and quite proficient. The front office (appointments, reception) and back office (billing and records) are both staffed by intelligent, personable employees. The clinic is convenient to downtown, Land Park, Poverty Row, and other close-in areas of the city, and boasts and quot;plenty of free parking.and quot; I would actively seek opportunities to recommend Dr. Whitten and the clinic to anyone seeking high-quality dental care administered in pleasant surroundings by knowledgeable and compassionate professionals. Having received all manner of dental treatments in some seven foreign countries and at least ten US cities and towns over a period of 60 years, I can state without hesitation that my experience thus far with Dr. Whitten and Sutter Terrace Dental Group has been the best I've ever had.

Description of Work
A number of crowns to which my partial lower denture anchored began to loosen or break. Dr. Whitten performed the necessary extractions and, after having presented the alternatives available to restore my dentition, fashioned a comprehensive care plan with cost estimates for my approval. I elected an approach by which she was able to modify my existing dentures, perform two implants to take the place of the broken lower incisors she'd had to extract, and she quickly set to work, scheduling my initial operative appointment for a week after the initial consultation..

Category dentures

10/22/2012

Michael M.

They were very thorough. There was a slight misunderstanding about what I wanted in terms of the procedure. I told them I wasn't looking for an ongoing dentist, just help with the problem I was having and they were a little surprised by that. But in general they did a good job. I didn't proceed because now I don't have the funds to do so. I would, however, consider using them again in the future.

Description of Work
For dental care I used Sutter Terrace Dental. My appointment was in mid September.

07/18/2012

Peter S.

My previous dentist had recommended lots of fillings and procedures, and I had a bad feeling about it, so I left his practice and got an appointment with Dr. Whitten. She gave me an exam and told me everything was fine, and that the work that had been recommended was not necessary. She put me on a schedule for cleanings and examinations, and my next appointment is in a few weeks. They have a good office staff too. The hygienist was very friendly and did a good job, and I was assured that I would have the same hygienist at my next appointment. There is a staff person who kept track of the fact that I need pre-meds, and she made sure they had the name of my primary physician and pharmacy in Sacramento. They seem to be very thorough.

Description of Work
I changed dentists, and this was my first appointment with Dr. Whitten of the Sutter Terrace Dental Group. Dr. Whitten had all my records and gave me an exam. It was a good experience.

07/09/2012

Robert M.

They're very good and very professional. They do a good job.

Description of Work
I use Sutter Terrace Dental Group for dentistry. I last saw them to install a crown.

08/08/2011

I would use his services in the future too.

Description of Work
Dr. Chris Cantrell is the dentist who did the dental implants for us and he is with Sutter Terrace Dental Group.

Category cosmetic dentist, dentures

08/08/2011

Dr. Feder is a very good dentist. Sutter Terrace Dental Group is too expensive, but the quality of their work is excellent. You get what you pay for. Overall, they are wonderful. They are very considerate; they want you to raise your finger or your hand if there is any little twinge of pain. They are fabulous.

Description of Work
Dr. David Feder is our dentist and he is with Sutter Terrace Dental Group. My last visit to them was about six months ago for a general cleaning. We have had caps and implants done as well at the same dental office.

Category dentists, oral surgeons, dentures

07/21/2011

Hellen L.

I've been seeing Dr. Whitten since 2006. She was referred by a friend who also suffers terribly from fear of having dental work done. Dr. Whitten is patient, calming, and thorough. I've never felt rushed or unduly nervous. She carefully explains what she's doing at every step and will wait when nerves get the best of me and I need to rest.

Description of Work
Dr. Whitten has done check ups, fillings, and crowns for me.

04/13/2011

Pamela M.

I've been going to Sutter Terrace since it opened several years ago. As a person who is challenged and made nervous by dental work I find that all the staff there are equally gifted in making you feel ok to be there. Also, this office doesn't have that 'dentist office' smell. I usually see Penny for the cleaning and Dr. Whitten for all else.

Description of Work
Cleaning, caps, filling, etc.

12/04/2010

Fred M.

I started going to Dr. Feder and Sutter Terrace last year. Before then, I hadn't been to a dentist in quite a few years because my prior dentists and hygienists had poor bedside manners. However, I went to Dr. Feder based on my friends recommendation and Dr. Feder and his staff have always been pleasant, they've done great work, and now my dental health is back on track. And I've had no problems using my insurance with the office.

Description of Work
Routine cleanings, chipped tooth, and fillings.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
    Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics
    Dentistry - Orthodontics
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Fillings, crowns, root canals, oral surgery, implant placement & restoration, limited orthodontics; including traditional metal and Invisalign. Digital radiography for reduced exposure and rapid images. Intra-oral photographs and computers in the operatories for patient education and involvement in their care.