Creature Comforts

Founded 2007 • With Angi since September 2009

Creature Comforts provides in your home pet sitting and dog walking services. We have been in business since 2007 and are bonded and insured....

02/14/2019

Suzanne S.

Melissa is a amazing treasure which I appreciate regularly.... your peers could not find better care anywhere ❤️

Description of Work
Pet sitting

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

12/06/2018

Lindsey S.

Melissa is wonderful. We just recently hired her to come check in on our dog while we were out of town on two separate trips. Age and health conditions of the dog prevent us from boarding. I appreciated how Melissa provided an initial meeting at no extra charge coming to our house a week prior to our trip to go over our expectations. We had her bring our dog in at nighttime and let her out in the morning and feed and walk her and then come back to the house that evening to put her inside again for the night. Melissa always leaves us a detailed visit description upon our return. Our dog is always happy to see Melissa. Melissa also brought in our mail.

Description of Work
Dog visits to our home while out of town.

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

08/28/2018

Curtis W.

Used Melissa (and Sam) several years. Thru Service Dog trains until Scooby-Doo had to leave me after 13 years this past MAY. BOTH Melissa and Sam were here, tears and all, to take him to his final Veterinary Visit. THEY were ALWAYS here for me. They will always be apart of my extended family. You cannot go wrong with Creature Comforts. Love you folks.

Description of Work
Disabled : Dog Walking x 3 Daily.

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

Review for Creature Comforts - P.O. Box 660681, Sacramento, CA - 37359114

08/20/2018

Nina H.

Melissa had taken care of our pets and house for about six years. She is a great help to us, once even dealing with a toilet problem. Our cats are so content when we arrive home after a trip. We completely recommend Melissa.

Description of Work
Two cats and a turtle needed twice daily care plus a number of plants needed watering.

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

07/29/2018

Tamara R.

Great! I Initially started working with Creature Comforts probably back in 2012 or 2013. The service was better than any other dog sitter had used since I adopted my dogs. I only stopped because I was transferred to another part of the state. I resumed services shortly after returning to Sacramento. Melissa and her crew are patient and my dogs love them. She works hard to accommodate my needs. She alerted me to a mass on one dog’s right side. The mass turned out to be cancerous. He had special needs during recovery. The team took him out for potty breaks according to my veterinarian’s instructions. I love them and I plan to continue using for my dogs’ needs. The price listed is for two weeks of walking two dogs.

Description of Work
Dog walking and sitting while I travel.

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

05/30/2018

Mark T.

I have trusted Melissa with my pets and property for years. She treats all clients like family and I am secure that my place is safe in her care.

Description of Work
pet and home care

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

04/27/2018

Charlotte F F.

I hate to give a glowing review because I want them to be available when my boys need them, but I can't stop myself. The owner has been minding my cat kids since her business got started and I've been through quite a number of long-lived cats since them. They like the sitters better than they do me, I swear! My instructions are followed perfectly, my litter boxes are cleaned, the boys are fed and played with, and we are all delighted with the outcome. My cats keep encouraging me to go out of town so they can have sitters!

Description of Work
Twice daily visits with my two male cats

Work Completed On 04/27/2018

04/09/2018

joanne F.

Went well; Melissa was prompt and flexible with schedule

Description of Work
Assist handicap dog up and down ramp; potty breaks

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

02/03/2018

Julie R.

Excellent! Melissa is super-responsible and gives us such peace of mind when we travel.

Description of Work
Cat sitter - feed and care for our cat for a few days or a week at a time

Work Completed On 02/03/2018

06/29/2017

Tamara R.

Great! I have worked with Creature Comforts for several years. My dogs love the walker/sitters. I sometimes have to change my work hours or business travel schedule on rather short notice. They are really accommodating and try to work with me. Melissa always introduces me to new sitters before giving them my house keys. I still use Creature Comforts pet services.

Description of Work
Walking my dogs while I at work and pet sitting.

Work Completed On 08/03/2015

06/20/2017

David S.

Melissa always does a great job and leaves detailed notes about our pet's care and behavior. She is a consummate professional and extremely trustworthy and reliable!!

Description of Work
Animal Care

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

06/01/2017

Curtis W.

Have been using Creature Comforts for about a year (Up to three times a day due to disabilities. Great service. Feels like family. What more could you ask for, when like family. All walkers are wonderful and great-full that they came into our lives. Scooby knows they are wonderful and thanks them too. 😎😎😎

Description of Work
Dog Walking services

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

Review for Creature Comforts - P.O. Box 660681, Sacramento, CA - 35153483

05/20/2017

Nina H.

We were very pleased. We would definitely recommend Melissa.

Description of Work
Pet sitting, Caring for our house while we were on trips.

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

05/06/2017

Melanie H.

Melissa is amazing! I have used her services since 2008. My dogs get excited now when they hear her name. She goes above and beyond for our pets and I trust her 100%. One time we were out of town and our dog ate chocolate. Was at the hospital...she picked him up, bought rice and yogurt to feed him a special meal until we could get home. After my back surgery she helped with walking my dogs almost every day for several months. Highly recommend her! I would be lost without her.

Description of Work
Dog/small creatures sitting and walking. Overnight care for dogs, feeding fish and taking care of two rats.

Wendy D.

Melissa is wonderful! Reddick my Lab loves her! I have a crazy retail schedule and she is always so flexible. She feeds and walks him usually once a week. I am so very glad I found her!

Description of Work
I needed a dog walker for my Yellow Lab Reddick.

Laurie D.

Melissa is awesome! She has been taking care of our two rabbits and two cats when my husband and I travel for the past three years. I recommend her to anyone looking for pet sitting services and we would be truly lost without her.

Description of Work
Melissa feeds our pets and cleans up after our very messy rabbits, picks up our mail, waters our plants when needed and has even cleaned out our pool filter!

Janie C.

Melissa has been my dog sitter for the last nine years. And recently, I also got a cat that she watches. She truly treats my pets as if they were her own. She is extremely responsible and always leaves detailed notes of her visits. Knowing that she is taking care of my pets when I am gone allows me to be able to relax and enjoy my time away.

Description of Work
Pet sitting

Sheri H.

I have used Melissa multiple times over the last few years. She is awesome! She is always very professional and does a great job taking care of my two kitties. I am a little paranoid about having someone come into my house but with Melissa I have no worries! I totally trust her and don't worry about a thing when I'm on vacation. She even gets my mail and waters my plants if it's hot out. My kitties are like my babies and I hate the idea of stressing them out by putting them in a kennel. To have Melissa come take such good care of them enables me to keep them in their own comfortable environment while I'm away. I highly recommend her for caring for our furry family.

Description of Work
Pet sitting

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

Marek B.

Melissa has always been responsive and willing to accommodate our changing schedule. During one of our vacation, she even fed a stray cat we were trying to trap - 15 miles from our house. If that is not going above and beyond expectations, I don't know what is.

Description of Work
We have used Creature Comforts number of times over the years to visit and feed our furry family members - a dog and cats.

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

Lana M.

Nobody in my family ( me, 3 dogs, and a cat) could have survived without Creature Comforts. Melissa is both professional and personable. She totally understands how important pets are to her clients and lets nothing stand in the way of their care and safety. All staff are trained and familiar with one's pets and their environment before they are allowed to work alone. In the hundreds of times they have come to my house there has not been even a minor issue. My animals enjoy the visits and my scared-of-her-own-shadow dog is totally comfortable with them. I can, without hesitation, recommend Creature Comforts.

Description of Work
I initially contacted Melissa at Creature Comforts after I was injured and simply could not care for my multiple animals. She came twice every single day for months to feed, walk, clean the backyard, clean the litter box, and wash all their dishes. She even drove them to the groomer and purchased their food as I was totally housebound. When I recovered I realized we were all hooked on this service and she, supported by her staff, continue to visit several times each week to take care of my animal family. This work has been ongoing for almost six years.

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

Review for Creature Comforts - P.O. Box 660681, Sacramento, CA - 34872059

02/27/2017

Stephanie C.

I’ve had good experience. She is wonderful to work with. She obviously loves the animals and they respond to her and she’s conscientious and very dependable and I have relied on her for a number of years.

Description of Work
She was cat sitting.

Work Completed On 12/26/2016

11/21/2016

Lou C.

It has been such a fabulous experience. I can see such a positive change in my pups since getting out and being walked.

Description of Work
I needed someone to walk my pups while I am working.

Work Completed On 11/21/2016

10/04/2016

Carol D.

Did not hire. Could not provide required services.

Description of Work
House sitting and dog sitting