POWAY IMPORT AUTO EXPERTS

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2010

13502 Pomerado rd

Poway, CA 92064

Full service family owned and operated. Accepting all major credit cards.

03/14/2018

Robert H.

Came in with my wife's 2004 Volvo S60 with 113,000 miles to get service check-out after getting an outrageous quote from another service center. George did a full inspection and came up with a similar list of issues in need of repair, but his quote was FAR below the other price. He was able to get all the work done in a day and a half. He was able to align a headlight, at no charge. The other service center said I needed to replace the entire headlight unit at $700! Even though there was considerable work to be done, all the work and charges were explained clearly and I never felt pressured. The car rides like new again. Excellent job!

Description of Work
Replace Timing Belt, Timing Belt Tensioner, Timing Belt Idler, Serpentine Belt, Water Pump, Air Filters, Front Brakes, Right Side Axle, Plugs, Fluids and some bulbs

Category auto repair, car inspections

09/03/2017

Bruce C.

They were professional from the first phone contact. When I went to pick up the car later in the day, the technician explained what they had done and why. Two sensors needed to be replaced. Their service was truly exceptional and I felt the repair cost was reasonable.

Description of Work
When my car experienced problems on a road trip and I needed to be towed, AAA recommended Poway Import Auto Experts. It was a Sunday so I left my car & keys along with a note and contacted them by phone the next morning.

10/01/2014

Joe D.

02/02/2014

Frederick B.

Description of Work
I've been using Poway Import Auto Experts for about 10 years for all my auto maintenance and repair needs - 2 Toyota Camry, Nissan Maxima, and now a Subaru Forester. Elias Laow has always done consistent top quality work and looking to provide it at the best price. He has earned my complete trust and confidence. Amazing knowledge and expertise and a first rate person.

09/20/2013

Lisa D.

Eli and his entire crew are professional, honest, and straightforward. They don't overpromise and my car is always ready when promised. He provides a nice, comfortable waiting room with free Wi-Fi and I always know that I won't get the run around. He tells it like it is and I have trusted him with my company vehicle for 5 years. I would definitely recommend Eli and his shop!

Description of Work
New brakes, motor mounts, etc.

07/23/2013

David S.

Very pleased when I found Poway Import Auto Experts. I went to them after my regular dealer raised prices yet again and I was over them. (The best was when the dealer service guy said, "but we also give you a free car wash." By my calculations that free car wash was costing an extra $30.00). Poway Import Auto Experts were friendly, accomodating and professional from the initial phone call to paying the bill at the end. They let know about suggested work that I might want to consider, but also gave me the good news that the car was in good shape, the brakes were fine, etc. I just felt like I was treated like a long-time customer who was valued even though it was might first time there and all I needed was an oil change and tire rotate. They earned my future business and recommendation to friends.

Description of Work
Oil change and tire rotate

Category auto repair, car tires

04/08/2013

JOHN M.

I was able to make an appointment and have the oil change done while I waited. They did change the price from the original quote , reason, my Honda Pilot requires synthetic oil. I did not like that. Service writer very pleasant, waiting room comfortable.

Description of Work
Oil charge and inspection.

11/12/2012

Colin H.

Outstanding shop. Honest, dedicated, highest expertise, people oriented, and competitive/fair prices. I have very high standards in auto service/repair and this company provides it

Description of Work
Major service, miscellaneous repairs, complete brake service

Category auto repair

Member, thanks for those kind words! Glad to hear your Saab is running well. The entire crew and myself appreciate your continued loyalty. We remain committed in our promise to provide only the best service possible. See you on the next service! Eli

10/15/2012

Susan H.

From my first phone call to picking up the car I was impressed. They kept me up to date on repairs and ETA for completion. Explained in detail everything being done on my car. I've been looking for an independent import car mechanic for my 2002 Volvo, the dealer has done all the work in the past. Poway Import Auto Experts is where I will take my Volvo from now on. They were the best

Description of Work
New brakes and disks, routine maintenence, replace front boot-something to do with the wheel/axel

Category auto repair

Member, I wanted to thank you for coming. We know there are many options to choose from. It was a pleasure servicing your Volvo. Thanks again for the opportunity. Eli

09/25/2012

Nathan M.

I went here after reading the good reviews on Angie's List, and couldn't be happier. In addition to the lube and oil change, i needed some minor welding to fix a rattling heat shield. They weren't equipped for it, but made a quick and reasonable arrangement with the shop across the lot. I was treated with respect and courtesy, enjoyed my time talking to the owner, and also enjoyed the clean and comfortable waiting room where i could take advantage of free wi-fi. I didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped on the wi-fi because the work was finished faster than they had estimated. Very happy I found this place!

Description of Work
Lube and oil change, plus fix a rattling heat shield.

02/21/2011

SA D.

Excellent

Description of Work
Called on a Sunday to see if Poway Mobil did smog checks. The service department was closed but they called me back first thing Monday. They take appointments and made one for the same day for my son's car. The smog check took about 35 minutes and cost exactly as quoted. They transmitted the passing results electronically to the DMV. I would highly recommend them for smog checks, and we will use them for other services as well.

Category auto repair, car inspections

09/09/2010

Martha O.

My 1998 Volvo had been losing coolant and also needed a new timing belt and the 60,000 mile service. The Volvo dealer had quoted a price that was almost twice as much as I paid at Poway Mobil. Poway Mobil is an AAA approved station. I was very impressed with the great job they did on my car and now I will be able to keep it for many more years. It runs great. When I picked up the car, they showed me the parts they had removed and went over the invoice with me. They are very polite to the customers and also to each other. They even gave me a follow-up call to see if I had any questions or concerns. The station is very clean and well run. It sounds like a lot of money but everything I had done was a major service requiring many hours of labor. All the parts they used are Volvo parts.

Description of Work
Performed AAA 86-point inspection Replaced heater core and O rings Replaced timing belt, tensioners, water pump, and coolant Performed 60,000 mile service, air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, oil change, lube, oil fill gasket

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Tires
    Auto Radiators
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Complete auto repair and service facility.ASA approved repair shop.with ASE technicians. Specializing in import vehicles.