Viking Pavers Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2012

227 Tewksbury Ave.

POINT RICHMOND, CA 94801

Viking Pavers designs and installs driveways, patios, walkways, pool decks, walls, steps, fire pits, and outdoor kitchens with the use of interlocking pavers and segmental retaining wall blocks. We also install synthetic turf for lawns, playgrounds, pets, and putting greens. We offer an unmatched combination of quality, service, and affordability. Our craftsmen are trained and certified in proper installation techniques and have worked on literally thousands of projects. Plus, we are a fully licensed, bonded, and insured California contractor....

09/14/2018

Sanford S.

The work was done 5 yrs. ago and it was very good. It was done in a timely way. Over the past few odd weather years there has been some settling along one edge of the area. I called and although Labor Day got in the way I did get a response the following week. George came up and saw the situation. Yesterday, two hard workers came up and re-layed a significant strip of the pavers and it looks like new.

Description of Work
Replaced my parking area in front of my house that had been asphalt

08/08/2018

John F.

They were excellent.

Description of Work
I had pavers installed and artificial grass.

11/08/2017

sabrina S.

I am still receiving bids for both jobs so I have not made a final hiring decision.

Description of Work
Estimate for pavers and turf in my backyard and estimate for pavers for my driveway and retaining wall.

Category masonry,hardscaping

07/05/2017

Philip G.

It went well. The gave me an initial start date of the end of July but actually started the work 2 weeks early. Ron Harmer, the Design Consultant & Project Manager, was AMAZING to work with. I had several companies/people come out to provide and estimate and Ron was by far the best. He efficiently measured and used CAD software to create a floorpan of the project. Ron was always available when I call or at least called me right back. I had an existing privacy pergola they had to move to do the work. That is when we discovered that the wood was rotted. Ron worked with me to come up with a relatively cost effective solution and then they executed the solution effectively. I only spoke to Nai, the construction manager, a couple of times and he was responsive.

Description of Work
I had my ≈ 4,000 sq. ft. backyard patio done. They took out the old cement and flagstone and put in pavers. They also repaired a privacy pergola I had. They made it look custom. I have included a couple of before & after pictures.

Category hardscaping,patios,outdoor kitchens

06/14/2017

Andrea S.

it went very well

Description of Work
driveway, sidewalk to front door

04/29/2017

Mary D.

I could not get them to respond to my request for an estimate. I actually talked to a human--named Rachel--who said she would give my information to their salesperson. I waited a week without hearing from anyone and then called again, this time leaving a VM. I asked that they at least contact me to say they were not interested in my job. I have heard nothing and it has been 6 days. I certainly would not use them if this is their responsiveness.

Description of Work
Paving a driveway and entryway.

02/15/2017

Barbara C.

It was definitely a good value. I would absolutely use them again. They were very good, considerate, and professional. The workers were excellent. This was our only experience with them.

Description of Work
They put in a new driveway.

Category concrete driveways

07/08/2016

Anne-Marie W.

Description of Work
This company does not perform work in my area.

04/29/2016

Richard R.

Description of Work
High pressure sales pitch, quite frankly put me off.

10/21/2015

Jonathan L.

Description of Work
Viking installed about 900 square feet of pavers in a front patio. They had a competitive price, and accomplished the job quickly. The end result is very nice. However, I would recommend being very clear in your directions, and double check what the understanding is. We avoided some mistakes only because we were around to see how things were going.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios

06/25/2015

Jocelyn H.

I was referred to the owner of this service but was the principal was unavailable. I was told a person by the name of George would be able to take my call. Before calling the business I looked them up on Angie's List since I have had some successful dealings with the vendors they represent. THIS INTERACTION WITH VIKING WAS INSULTING AND CLEARLY MISREPRESENTED. THEY HAVE A CALCULATOR ON THEIR SITE THAT PROVIDES YOU WITH A PRETTY CLOSE ESTIMATE OF THE TOTAL COST FOR MATERIALS AND INSTALL. MY DESIRE WAS TO HAVE A 10-FOOT ROUND PATIO INSTALLED IN MY BACK YARD. I WAS TOLD FLAT OUT THAT MY JOB WAS TOO SMALL FOR THEM AND THAT IF THEY DID DO THE JOB THEY WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE ME $5000.00 WHICH WAS APPROX. $4000. ABOVE WHAT THEIR ON-LINE CALCULATOR QUOTED. THERE WAS NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY ABOUT MY JOB. I TOLD GEORGE THAT THEY MISREPRESENT THEMSELVES AND THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN THEIR WRITTEN DESCRIPTIONS ON THEIR SITE THAT SAYS THEY CAN DISMISS YOU IF YOUR JOB IS TWO SMALL. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH VIKING'S PRACTICE. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE. I HAVE NO FAITH IN THE BUSINESS OR THEIR METHOD OF PRACTICE. SHAME ON THEM.

Description of Work
BE CAREFUL. I BELIEVE THEY OVER CHARGE THEIR CUSTOMERS. GET AT LEAST THREE INDEPENDENT QUOTES. PLEASE. GEORGE DIRECTLY TOLD ME HE WOULD HAVE TO OVER CHARGE ME FOR MY JOB TO QUALIFY FOR THEIR SERVICE. I BELIEVE THE OWNER SHOULD CALL ME REGARDING THIS TERRIBLE INTERACTION. Approximate Cost of Service of $5,000.00.

Category hardscaping

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Our online cost estimator is for projects with a minimum of 1000 sq. ft. On our website this is noted above the calculator as follows: Calculator is for easily accessible, flat, and totally rectangular driveways, patios, or walkways with a minimum of 1,000 square feet in three popular paver styles only with all colors available for that particular paver style. We can work with projects with less square footage than noted above and on our website, but the cost of installation varies with the varying landscape/dynamics of the project, which in turn create variable costs, as well as keeping in mind fixed costs associated with any project no matter the size. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience or miscommunication from our website and/or representatives. Viking Pavers, Inc.

05/07/2015

Margaret P.

Description of Work
Installed a patio, walkway, and a side yard..they were timely,completed the job in 3 days. The workers were polite, and cleaned up after themselves..we're very satisfied..it made a huge difference in the appearance of our home!

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios

09/17/2014

Jeremy K.

Description of Work
They installed driveway and walkway pavers. They are professional, reasonably priced, and do things the right way.

Category concrete driveways,hardscaping

09/07/2014

Kali B.

Jorge, Mauro and the team at Viking Pavers did an excellent job installing a new patio and walkway in my backyard. They dug up the old, broken concrete, leveled the ground and put in McNear Cobblestone Charcoal and Tan pavers. What a difference! My yard is starting to look less like the Sanford & Son scene I inherited when I bought the house. They were flexible when I had them rearrange the pattern bit which took extra time, but all in all they finished it in two days. They kept the communication lines open and were easy to get a hold of. I'd call them again and am hoping to have them do my front walkway and steps next.

Description of Work
Demolish and remove 335 sq ft of old concrete, level surface and install cobblestone pavers to create a 400+ sq ft patio. In addition, put in edging pavers around fruit trees and side yard.

Category concrete repair,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

06/27/2014

Brian M.

06/27/2014

Peggy E.

Description of Work
They did a beautiful job, and greatly improved slope and drainage. Threw in a few extras like a small retaining wall around a planted area and a new drain for runoff. They were wonderful to work with, very professional, and very skilled. Highly recommended.

Category masonry,hardscaping

04/28/2014

Odette L.

They did a fanstastic job. I would give them top grades. George helped me the most.

Description of Work
They repaved my driveway.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways

12/12/2013

donald L.

They were very professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Viking Pavers Inc gave me a quote for their driveway service.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways

12/09/2013

Filomena R.

They were wonderful. They were on time, the estimate in the contract were absolutely what we expected to pay and they in fact threw in some things that other vendors did not. He sent out a crew and they were extremely professional. They did the job in three days. "You could eat off the pavers in the akin that the place so clean." And I have recommended them to some one else who has since used them.

Description of Work
We used Viking Pavers Inc; they paved our driveway, walkway and part of our backyard with paving stones.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,hardscaping

09/30/2013

Tia J.

After having interviewed several companies, one of the best decisions we made was to go with this company. You cannot beat the value they provide. They build a high quality driveway for the best price. They are a very pleasant and professional company to deal with from start to finish. The owners of the company are knowledgeable, experienced and ethical. Their crew is well trained and does exceptional quality work, not subcontracted like many of the other big companies. Since we have a complex driveway with many curves and angles requiring precise grading, drainage and supporting retaining walls, doing the job right was very important. Thanks to Viking Pavers we now have a quality driveway that looks spectacular, with many compliments from neighbors and friends. Their crew cleaned up after every day and did an excellent job on the final clean up. They were very cooperative for making minor esthetic changes. I would highly recommend giving them a call before you proceed, as we are sure glad we did.

Description of Work
Viking Pavers have just completed installing for us a driveway close to 2,800 sq. ft. built on two landings interconnected with a downhill road. They removed the old asphalt, graded and replaced with interlocking pavers. Moved drain and installed new drain pipe. Build retaining walls under pavers on downside of hill. Built 3' wide path to back yard.

Category concrete driveways,masonry,hardscaping

08/02/2013

Eleanor S.

They are excellent. I have used them twice this spring for two sort of massive jobs. Sometimes they are slow to respond to email, but once they start the job they are great. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I have used Viking Pavers Inc in July. They did a new drive way for me and then a new patio and walkway.

Category concrete driveways,hardscaping

07/24/2012

Sanford S.

I had 5 bids. First of all, there was some difference of measurement of the size of the job. Viking was my first visitor and after the others I had them come back and remeasure. Meanwhile I had measured it myself and they corrected their measurement and price.They were very good about sending me information about how pavers should be installed. Anyone considering pavers should educate themselves in this regard. System Pavers and Mr. Pavers are marginally honest. They talk about what they will give you for free but what they really mean is if you take their highball bid they will give some of it back in lighting etc. Very suede shoe.I was impressed with Tice Valley Landscaping and East Bay Landscaping. I think I would have been happy with either of them.One problem with Viking was that the job was scheduled about 6 weeks after the contract signed. (My choice on dates). The supervisor of the job had not seen the contract details and therefore there was some confusion about what was in the deal. Eventually it all got worked out.The crew members were all very hardworking and efficient.The new area looks terrific. It looks like a patio not a driveway. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
They removed the existing asphalt driveway/parking area and replaced it with pavers. The job took 4 full days but was extended beyond that because a mistake was made with the finishing sand.

NAB Construction Inc

NAB Construction Inc specializes in creating stylish outdoor spaces for homeowners. Each garden is carefully crafted to meet the taste, lifestyle, and personality of its owner. The directors of NAB Construction describe the company as “a medium-sized, independent hardscape company. Large enough to have the technical expertise to complete any backyard makeover to a high standard; yet small enough to truly value our clients.”

Souza & Sons Inc

Souza & Son’s Inc is a family owned business, that designs and installs driveways, patios, walkways, pool decks, walls, steps, and more! We work with interlocking pavers and segmental retaining wall blocks. We also install synthetic turf for lawns. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Tri Star Landscaping

Paving stone driveways, fire pits, landscape design, lighting , outdoor kitchens, patios, decks, porches, retaining, steps, synthetic turf, walkways, stone walkways, demolition, excavation & removal