Precision Auto Repair, Inc.

Founded 1979 • With Angi since September 2005

164-A Wyoming Street

Pleasanton, CA 94566

Precision Auto Repair, Inc. is a family owned and operated business that has been providing the Pleasanton area (including Dublin, Livermore, San Ramon, Danville, Sunol) with exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on taking personal care of each customer. Our customers know who we are and we know who they are. We can often get vehicles in and out the same day to minimize inconvenience for our customers....

04/14/2015

Hank T.

My 2006 Honda Odyssey has been making "Hom Hom..." noise and minor vibration on steering wheel in the past 3 months. This problem might already started for a long time. But, it just become noticeable to me recently. The faster my van goes the louder the noise. I searched Angie's List and Yelp. Precision Auto Repair had very good reviews on both. My car had a minor repair at here before. So, I decide to try it again for this more serious problem. I called on Wednesday and made a Friday appointment. Ben talked to me over the phone. He was very friendly. I sent my car on Friday. Ben told me that I would get a phone call around noon. Ben called me around the noon time and told me the wheel bearing of front-right was bad. They needed to replace it. The cost including tax and after 10% discount was $381. Ben called me again around 4 and told me the job was done. After repair, the noise and the vibration are all gone. I feel like my van is new again. My van has already been driven for about 200 miles after repair. It's very smooth. I am satisfied with their repair job.

Description of Work
Find the problem based on the noise and vibration. Repair it.

Category auto repair

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your business and are glad that you are satisfied. Please let us know if there is ever anything that we can improve.

06/16/2014

Judith D.

we have been taking our Hondas and Acuras to Precision for years - and are always impressed with their competence, honesty, professionalism, helpfulness, and friendliness.

Description of Work
oil & filter service inspect/adjust tire pressure, belts, suspension system, brakes, radiator/coolant, road test

Category auto repair,car tires,radiator service

Thank you for the review and your longtime business. Renee Edgren, Precision Auto Repair, Inc.

03/25/2014

Doug D.

Very professional and quality work on my Acura TL. I have a tendency to take my car to a dealer but find Precision to be a quality business and trust their service technicians. I have been super pleased with their services. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Auto Repairs

Category auto repair

Thank you for the great review. We are glad to hear that you have been pleased with our services. We appreciate your business and any feedback to help us improve.

02/13/2014

Doris C.

I felt they did a thorough safety inspection and explained the results well following the service. I waited while the car was being serviced, and it was finished right at the estimated time. I was pleased with the professional way everything was handled and plan to return there the next time the car is due for an oil and filter change.

Description of Work
Oil & Filter Service

Category auto repair

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business and welcome to the Precision family.

12/17/2013

Michael R.

Great price, fairly quick - in and out in about 30 minutes. 25.00 included the certifificate with my coupon. The most reasonably priced smog place I have encountered. I will be back.

Description of Work
Smog Service.

11/29/2013

LOREN R.

They were able to get the car repair done the same day I brought it in. They explain things well. We also requested they review the health of our car overall and help us prioritize what needs to be done now vs. what can wait. They obliged, and this was so helpful to us. We are needing to watch our finances, and it felt good to know that certain repairs are not a safety issue and can wait. I didn't feel pressure to do everything now.

Description of Work
Replaced front wheel bearings and reviewed the function of our car "head to toe".

Category auto repair

[remove member name], thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your business are are glad that you are satisfied with our services. Best wishes for a wonderful 2014!

09/24/2013

herbert K.

Experience was very satisfying has always been the case. Precision was able to schedule meet with short notice as well as provide a loaner car. Work was done in a timely way as I'd been notified. Questions and concerns were addressed fully. Precision is always an impeccably professional and effective operation.

Description of Work
regular maintenance and tune-up.

Category auto repair

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your continued business. Please let us know if there is every anything we can do to improve.

09/16/2013

david O.

They are great so I go there. They are honest and on time. I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
The last time that I brought my car to Precision Auto Repair, Incorporated was about six months ago for auto services.

Category auto repair

(removed member name)- Thank you for taking the time to review Precision Auto Repair, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your experiences more pleasurable.

09/05/2013

Patrice D.

As always, I was very pleased with the service performed on my CRV. I have been going to Precision Auto Repair for the last 20+ years for my car maintenance, first for my Acura Integra and now for my Honda CRV. Precision provides professional, knowledgeable, honest and friendly service and I have always been pleased with their service. They perform the requested service and provide recommendations for future visits. They don't recommend or perform unnecessary repairs or maintenance. Another benefit they offer is a loaner car. For a small fee you can reserve a loaner car if you need a car for the day. NOTE: The cost of service listed above includes the cost of the loaner car I had for the day. One example I share with friends who I recommend Precision Auto Repair to occurred a number of years ago but it is a great example of the integrity of the folks at Precision: I was having problems with my Acura Integra and a friend looked at it before I had it towed over to Precision. My friend (admittedly not a car person) told me that he thought it was a head gasket problem and that it was going to be a very costly fix. When I took it in to Precision I told them my friend's diagnosis. They told me they would check out the car and call me with their findings. A while later I received a call from Precision letting me know it was not a head gasket problem rather it was a minor fix and would be less than $100 to repair.

Description of Work
Precision performed the 90,000 mile service on my Honda CRV

Category auto repair

Thank you for taking the time to review Precision Auto Repair. We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your experiences more pleasurable.

07/05/2013

Barbara B.

I use them all the time. They are excellent and absolutely the best. They are honest about diagnosing the problem. The price is always fair. I had brakes replaced and then I went back again as the brakes were low again, they charged me for it, I called them back and told them that I had the brakes done the last time and the owner called me back and he said the I am not going to charge you for that and he sent me a check of full amount. I have been going to them for years. They do Acura and Lexus. I did buy another Acura because of them because I did not want to go any other place. I know them and I trust them.

Description of Work
I get my car serviced at Precision Auto Repair.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Tires
    Auto Transmission

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Precision Auto Repair, Inc.

How is Precision Auto Repair, Inc. overall rated?

Precision Auto Repair, Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Precision Auto Repair, Inc. open?

Precision Auto Repair, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Precision Auto Repair, Inc. provide

Precision Auto Repair, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Precision Auto Repair, Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Precision Auto Repair, Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Precision Auto Repair, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Precision Auto Repair, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Precision Auto Repair, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Precision Auto Repair, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Precision Auto Repair, Inc.?

Yes, Precision Auto Repair, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Precision Auto Repair, Inc. offer?

Precision Auto Repair, Inc. offers the following services: Specializing in Acura, Honda, Hyundai. Lexus, Subaru and Toyota vehicles: oil changes, routine maintenance, major service/repair, tires, alignments, brakes, transmission work, smogs, headlight restoration.