Star's Handy Service

Founded 2009 • With Angi since December 2019

I am insured, and I offer competitive rates on handyman services. I guarantee my work. I am insured. Furniture assembly Tv mounting Appliance repair I offer Much more So please give me a call so I can provide you free advice on the next step on your project… :-) I look forward to hearing from

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

202150678
Gorilla playsets
View project

4.3

handyman (32)home remodeling (5)electrician (5)door installation (3)decks & porches (3)window replacement (2)screen repair (2)cabinet makers (2)ceiling fan installation (1)deck cleaning (1)lighting (1)lawn & landscaping (2)

11/04/2022

Danielle B.

Awesome. Spoke with Kevin twice to setup the appointment and confirm details. He was always responsive. He showed up for the job on time, helped us with our furniture, was super efficient and friendly. We will definitely work with him again!!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 11/04/2022

Thanks for the feed back! I look forward to working with you in the future!

10/27/2022

Raman A.

Star was on time, polite, did the work, and most importantly knew what he was doing. I highly recommend him for any services that he offers.

Description of Work
Handyman Services - portable basketball installation

Work Completed On 10/27/2022

10/08/2022

Cynthia J.

Great. Perfect. Timely. On estimate. Just wonderful job well done.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 10/08/2022

10/03/2022

Vicky D.

Star is a great communicator and listen to what I needed done. He completed the items and made great suggestions. His follow up after the completion was very thoughtful. I will use him again for certain!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 10/03/2022

Thanks for you feed back! I look forward to serving you in the future. :)

09/27/2022

Andrew M.

Star was easy very nice and easy to work with on this project. Would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Tore down and rebuilt poolshed

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 09/24/2022

09/21/2022

Allen N.

Fast, friendly and educational Five stars

Description of Work
Screen repair

Category screen repair

Work Completed On 09/21/2022

07/09/2022

GEORGE B.

great Star is very well trained handy man. He did a very good job with all he was asked to do. Very polite and explained everything he did. I will call him again for my next project.

Description of Work
built two porches and repaired concrete and added an outlet

Category decks, electrician, handyman service, landscaping, remodeling, screen repair, deck cleaning, doors

Work Completed On 07/11/2022

06/04/2022

Lou M.

I was expecting a great job because I read past reviews. However, I was very disappointed with Star's belligerent attitude when I told him that I wanted him to finish the job before I would pay him. There is no excuse for this behavior. No customer should have to put up with this!

Description of Work
Install bollards and adjust swamp cooler stand.

Work Completed On 06/04/2022

You agreed to a two hour minimum. HoweverYou refused to pay me after I completed your bollards, which was the initial task,. Since i didnt feel safe working on your swamp cooler. After I completed the work I could, you started to re-negotiate the price. You asked me to raise your swamp cooler when it was already touching your roof…. And the wood stand is rotting and not adjustable. I offered to build you a new one, and move it to a new window You said no. I told you i dodnt feel safe working with the current one. You refused to pay me until i shoved scrap wood under your swamp cooler. Even though i told you i didnt feel safe. The current setup was, and is unsafe. The swamp cooler could still blow over with a strong gust of wind…. The original request wast to raise the unit up, but I told you It was impossible because it was touching your roof already. You didn’t understand this concept and kept repeating your request. So I did the best I could by putting scrap wood up there…. I satisfied your demands, and your still here speaking bad about me today. I went against my discretions and completed your project, and your still here venting. I hope this makes you feel some sort of closure. Its a shame i cant leave a review on you :/ But keep in mind your work is guaranteed… (except for the swamp cooler botch job you demanded. If you don’t like what I did I could provide you a refund. Thanks for business, have a great day

05/12/2022

Deanna S.

I found star very pleasant and eager to help. I wanted him to remove center console between 2 laz-e-boy chairs. I thought it would take a long time . It only took s few mins so he helped me move furniture and resolve some decorating challenges. It was fun and i am happy with results.

Description of Work
Misc

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 05/14/2022

I also had fun!!!! I look foresrd to seeing you soon

05/02/2022

Louann D.

It took a couple days longer than originally planned because of additional problems being uncovered but they were all handled beautifully. I am very excited about my new bathroom.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/03/2022

I enjoyed working with you and for you so much… ill see you soon, thanks for my dove :) it will fly with me for ever

03/20/2021

Logan A.

Star was amazing. They were quick, resourceful, and did quality work. I will be hiring them for other jobs in the future.

Description of Work
Custom over-the-range outtake vent

Work Completed On 02/21/2021

Thank you soooo much for the opportunity, I look forward to serving you in the future

02/27/2021

Carol M.

We were able to get a few more things done too.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

Thanks for the feedback [Member Name Removed]! I look forward to cleaning your gutters aswell! I look forward to Seeing you soon!

02/18/2021

georgestewart S.

It went very well, a little confusion over method of payment, but otherwise smooth.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

No problem, glad we could get it sorted out for you. Happy I could help you out!

02/17/2021

Bill W.

Was pleased with responsiveness and quality of work provided.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

02/17/2021

van H.

I can’t say enough about Star. He came through for me on a tight schedule and did outstanding work. He was very reasonably priced and I kept his number for future use. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
paint front door and re-trim the entry way

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 02/21/2021

I had such a great time working with you, I value the positive feedback thanks

12/10/2020

Eva R.

Great, Star ver informative explaining what he was going to do and advising how to care for afterwards

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

thanks for your feedback! im glad I could do my best for you!

12/01/2020

Smaranda M.

Star did a great job adjusting my crooked doors. They’re much better than they were before and seal properly now. Very punctual and quick to respond, very friendly and kind.

Description of Work
door adjustment

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

it was awesome to meet you [Member Name Removed]! Please Let me know how I can help you going forward in the future!

11/13/2020

Danny B.

I had a 75-foot wood fence replaced. My fence needed repair and Star came by within 24 hours to address the issue. Star immediately took care of the problem! Professional, timely and conscientious! Truly a company with high integrity which is a rarity these days. I highly recommend for any fencing need.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

I appreciate the opportunity to serve your family

11/12/2020

Diane T.

Very well. Thomas did an excellent job and I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Doggie door install and fence relocation

Work Completed On 11/08/2020

11/08/2020

Tom N.

It went really well Star did a great job!

Description of Work
Picture hanging

Work Completed On 11/08/2020

It was a pleasure working with you… I look forward to serving your needs in the future! I love to be a part of anything art related. :-)

10/09/2020

Matt M.

Window Installation and Swamp Cooler removal

Description of Work
Everything went great! Star gave me different options for repairs, was quick to get to the job, and informed with what she was doing along the way. This was my first experience with hired help and she was great. Will definitely look her up in the future for future work.

Category handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

it was a pleasure serving you, I look forward to serving you in the future

09/28/2020

Mark E.

Very quickly done, and the new fixtures look great. Star was very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
replace exterior lights

Category electrician

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

It was a pleasure to work on your lovely home! I look forward to serving you in the future for all of your home maintenance needs.👷🏽♀️🏚🍀🧰❣️

07/16/2020

Janet B.

Washer got hooked up, but had to call a plummer after hours because the taps were leaking anyway when the plummer got here he told me that the taps were loose so he tightened them up and leaking stopped, the dryer vent she wrapped in gorilla duct tape she wanted to come back and reroute my whole vent system by cutting a hole in the side of my house. Which was going to cost me more money. So the dryer vent was left with gorilla tape around she told me not to run it while not home it could catch fire. I am a nice person and believe in giving people a chance but when my Brother in Law came over he told me that I had been taken and i know now that I have. Anyway its an expensive lesson learned

Description of Work
Washer and dryer hook uIp

Category custom cabinets, handyman service