HOLLYWOOD DOG TRAINING SCHOOL

Founded 1927 • With Angi since June 2005

Animal Training
Animal Boarding Kennels

Hollywood Dog Training School, Karl's Kitty City, and Better Than Home K9 Daycare is one of the oldest, and largest, in-board training and boarding centers in the United states and was the former home of Lassie and Rin-Tin-Tin, a real piece of Americana. We are proud of the training that our staff receives and we do not use subcontractors. Our business is licensed, bonded, and insured and we stand behind our work. We encourage you to stop by and tour our facility without having to call ahead or stopping in only between certain hours. Stop in any time we are open for a tour of the kennel. If you would like to meet with a trainer just call ahead for an in kennel consultation so that we have a trainer available for you....

10/24/2018

I found that business to be closed. BTW, I checked many of the places listed, but none could take my dog for various reasons, so you need to add that "none used" choice to your survey questionnaire. I put in "C" because all I spoke to seemed okay.

Description of Work
To board my dog.

Category dog trainers,kennels

08/16/2017

Joyce was excellent trainer. Very strong in methods in communication with us as well as our dog. Intuitive and very passionate about helping us and our dog.

Description of Work
Re-call on and off leash re-training. Refresher novice training. Use of training tool

Category dog trainers,kennels,pet grooming

05/05/2014

It was fantastic.

Description of Work
It was 6 weeks of boarding and basic obedience training. That also included me going in a few times a week to get training with the dog.

Category dog trainers,kennels

06/15/2013

Luna, our 3 yo catahoula leopard mix rescued from a DTLA shelter, just graduated basic training! It was honestly the best money we've spent in a long time! She had several bad habits including excessive 'mouthing', jumping, wall chewing, severe dog aggression, Houdini-esk collar escaping, and pulling on the leash like a champ on a sled team! I'm glad to say that after five weeks away from home, ve...

Description of Work
Five weeks of boarding, and training for our 3 yo rescue dog. AND, lessons for our whole family on how to handle her.

Category dog trainers

10/29/2012

Our most recent meeting was very successful and provided us with the information we needed to resolve the problem we were having.

Description of Work
We have known Rick Karl, the owner, for many years. We called him immediately when we started having trouble with our new puppy. Rick and his staff are consummate professionals and are equipped to assist with any training needs. In addition, the boarding facility is immaculate and top notch. In and out kennels are air conditioned, and a knowledgable staff is on site and on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Category dog trainers,kennels,pet grooming