AMA MOTORS

With Angi since January 2006

Auto Service

Omega Automotive

The independent automotive shop was established in 2001 by Carlos and Guille Menjivar and won the Super Service Award in 2013. Our company, Omega Automotive (formerly Omega Transmission), is in Northridge, CA. We offer honest and transparent car repair services to residents and businesses in the greater Los Angeles County area, blocks away from California State University at Northridge (CSUN), the Northridge Fashion Center, and just minutes from the 101, 118 and 405 Freeways. The Omega automotive family expanded in 2010 to include Northridge Body Shop, an auto body repair and collision facility. This affords Omega the opportunity to provide complete mechanical and body shop services for all passenger vehicles including cars, small trucks and vans with the capacity for up to 15 passengers. Today, the Omega family consists of seven employees including Carlos and Guille, two service writers and three technicians. The bi-lingual staff provides customers with personalized and friendly service. Most services can be done the same day and repairs are backed with a 24 month or 24,000-mile warranty. The Menjivars are ardent supporters of community events. Carlos donates his time to the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) and the Greater Van Nuys Rotary. Both are active in their church. Carlos is also a member of the North Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce, Valley Business Professionals and Inside Track, while Guille is affiliated with the Woodland Hills Chamber Women’s Circle and the Women’s Professional Forum. Call Omega Automotive Repair today and discover a different kind of car repair facility, one where you get treated like family. *You can also make appointments online, through our website.

02/11/2014

This was my third time having Mike work on my BMW, and it was yet another positive experience. I first visited Mike after I bought my car at Carmax. Each time, the work was done right, quickly, and at what I felt was a fair price. That's why I keep going back even though I have an extended warranty through Carmax.

Description of Work
He gave it an initial inspection to help me decide whether or not I'd picked a good used car. Since then, Mike has done some brake work, fixed a loose headlight, replaced the fluids, and tracked down an annoying squeak.

03/19/2013

Everything went well. I left my car on Saturday with A/C not functioning. I was able to pick up the car next Tuesday fixed.

Description of Work
Mike from AMA Motors was able to repair the AC of my 93 deville cadillac for $150. Casa Del Cadillac in Sherman oaks was asking me more than $1.500 to repair the A/C.

06/06/2012

It was my first time to have my 2004 BMW 3series served by Mike at AMA Motors. I use to go to the dealer but this time, they were going to charge me $1700 dollars to replace a fan belt, the crankcase vent valves and hoses and the thermostat, which seemed very overpriced. After that, I went to AMA Motors that I found on yelp. Mike was able to give me a precise diagnostic and changed only what neede...

Description of Work
replaced thermostat,vent pipe,pressure regulator,alt belt,thesh pooly,return pipe

01/31/2006

My brother and I have been going to him for a long time. We were recommended by a friend that's been going to him for a long time. One of the few honest mechanics you can find these days. Speaks English, Russian, and Armenian. Mike will give you a quote on the labor and parts before he starts on the job. He always waits to get your approval. Will not do anything unless you tell him.

Description of Work
Usually do oil change with him. Tune ups, oil service, any and all repairs with the cars. Does not rebuild transmissions.