MAINE ELECTRIC INC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2007

599 Leisure St

Livermore, CA 94551

5 EMPLOYEES. A+ RATING WITH BBB! DIAMOND CERTIFIED 4 CONSECUTIVE YEARS! COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. FREE ESTIMATES. 10% OFF FOR ANGIE'S LIST MEMBERS! MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL. TECHNICIANS ARE BACKGROUND-CHECKED, DRUG TESTED, UNIFORMED, AND CLEAN CUT. LIC: #830250.

10/03/2020

Vish A.

The electrician came on site and diagnosed that wiring of the house (newer house, less than 10 years old) needed to be changed, gave an estimate of thousands of $$. We called another electrician and were told that switch had issue, they replaced the switch and things worked well. Did not feel that due diligence was done by the representative from this company, and felt that they were trying to charge for something we did not need

Description of Work
Check on why A/C was tripping

12/17/2015

Sidney C.

Excellent experience from estimate to completing contract to installation to inspection. Answered all my questions, made useful suggestions and discussed alternatives, very punctual, took pride in their work, cleaned up after themselves. I watched work and was impressed by their care and focus on safety and quality of installation. Very pleasant to deal with.

Description of Work
Installation of 240 Volt service lines. LED "high-hat" retrofits.

02/25/2015

Peggy L.

It went wonderful, they explained what they were doing and know what they are doing. They arranged a loan for us to make payments to them for the service.

Description of Work
Had our electricity go out. It turned out our panel needed to be replaced, they replaced it and rewired our electric.

01/10/2015

Laura R.

The work was done well, and within 4 hours. The worker showed up on time, and did a good job. The job was priced 'by item' instead of 'by the hour worked'. I figure I paid about $500/hour for a journeyman electrician to do this work. In the future, I will look for an electrician who will charge me by the hour for any electrical work. I believe I was overcharged for this work.

Description of Work
Rewired two circuits to my attic; installed a switch; cleaned up the breaker box and relabeled it

08/04/2014

Sonya H.

I called them on Monday and,my renters were out of town. They came the next day and worked from 8:30 am to 9 pm so my renters could stay there that night and it would be safe.

Description of Work
Worked on old wiring to fix wiring fire

04/29/2014

Mina L.

We contacted Maine Electric based on Angie's List comments and we were not disappointed. Gilbert assessed our 1956 wiring and our kitchen needs. He then made other suggestions which we liked. Working together, he gave us a reasonable estimate and work began the following Monday. Mark, Chase, and the others who worked for 5 days were professional, dressed professionally, and were very pleasant to have around. The work was done in a timely fashion and they cleaned up after themselves daily and at the end. Among other things, I have recessed lighting in the kitchen and living room which I love . We will use them in the future should we have any electrical needs.

Description of Work
Upgrade wiring, installing recessed & garage lighting.

02/16/2014

ROHIT S.

They were very thorough and made a pre-visit to clearly understand my requirements. Once we decided on the quote and the order, the provider arrived on time, performed the job professionally despite the challenges.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling lights in my living room

02/04/2014

Jon B.

That didn't happen, and nobody called me from Maine Electric to explain... I had to bug them about it. By early afternoon I had wasted a whole day waiting around and making calls to the estimators cell, electrician's cell and Maine's office staff, and finally received a call from the electrician making excuses blaming the estimator. Another appointment made for 8 AM Mon morning was handled by a different electrician, and he arrived on time Mon and installed a dimmer that works.... There seemed to be a disconnect between the office staff and their electricians in the field here, and I'd be very cautious about using them again.

Description of Work
I had used Maine Electric before when we remodeled in 2005, and we were very happy with their services then. Installed two new chandeliers and lit them with 18 LED 11w bulbs. I couldn't figure out the correctt LED dimmer to handle the unusually high number of LED bulbs and wattage of LED on this circuit, as most dimmer had a limit of 150w of LED, so we called Maine. They use an estimator for first appt, on time & no problem there but only got a returning customer 10% discount...didn't offer the added 10% discount for Angies List customers.. He called in an electrician Thurs afternoon who checked the switch and didn't have the right dimmer, so the electrician promised to return at 9 AM Friday morning to finish.

01/12/2014

Gail B.

I will continue to use Maine Electric for future work.

Description of Work
I have used Maine Electric for several projects and have been very happy with the company's responsiveness and professionalism. The most recent job included installing a ceiling fan (which I had purchased) and replacing several worn out dimmer switches. They are very tidy and remove any packaging, old parts, etc when they leave. They will visit the home first to understand the scope of work and explain what they can or cannot do (for example if the requested work will not meet current codes etc) and what the cost and steps are to complete the work. Work is then scheduled very promptly. They have always arrived on time and the work has been completed within the time frame they said it would take.

11/10/2013

Dave R.

Installed a 240 outlet for an electric car.

Description of Work
We used Maine Electric Inc.

07/25/2013

Joan S.

They came out and they were fantastic. They were here within the hour. All of the inside and outside switch boxes were replaced by them. The work was done super fast. They even did a walk through after to make sure everything was working right. They were terrific and worked well with my insurance company.

Description of Work
I had a fire in one of my switch boxes. They were recommended by the fire department.

07/17/2013

JEAN M.

They were terrific. I couldn't begin to describe or give the accolades they deserve. They had a quadruple A rating already with Angie's List and they deserve it. They were friendly and cooperative. One of them even brought some boxes down from the attic for me because I asked him to fix irrigation system in the yard. He said let's take a look at that too and he fixed that too. They were just wonderful. I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
We used the services of Maine Electric. They did a massive electrical project for me, they rewired a good share of the house.

07/08/2013

Jacquie V.

Maine Electric fixed the light fixture and I haven't had any other problems. I was happy. I really liked the guy that came out. I was really happy that I found Maine. He was really neat, knew what he was doing and cleaned up. The guy that came out was very clean, seem to be knowledgeable and very nice guy, what more can I say. The price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I was having a problem with a light fixture in the bathroom.

06/14/2013

Belinda B.

Maine Electric is the most professional company that has ever worked for us. I will certainly have them work in our home again. They took great measures to explain what they were doing and why. They were on time, courteous and concerned about our welfare. It is great do business with a company that is honest and cares about the quality of their work, as well as their relationship with the customer. Ethan, Dinh, David, and Steve, the team that worked in our home, deserve a special thanks for their extraodinary efforts.

Description of Work
Installed 125A meter panel with distribution. Relocated Sub Panel to Main panel and junction box. Installed main grounding system and dedicated circuits to refregerator and microwave. Repaired switch to patio lights. Installed GFCI plugs in kitchen.

07/09/2012

M J.

Main Electric is located 4 miles away from me. Their "response fee" is $69.00, just to give a bid, which is included in the job, IF I choose them. Being a Senior Citizen on a fixed income, bids are very important. I could not afford to even get a bid from them.

Description of Work
My SUMP PUMP plug burned up.

11/27/2011

Dawn S.

Person arrived, was pleasant, put booties on before entering the house without being asked to do so, quickly identified the issue, and fixed it in a short amount of time. Explained how to avoid the problem in the future. Overall, very professional and pleasant; would definitely use them again for any future electrical work.

Description of Work
Fixed electrical outlet that had lost power.

12/09/2010

RICHARD OR REBECCA E.

I had worked with them once before, which is why I called them. They came out when they said they would come out. The technician described, in as much detail as I could take, what he was going to do and gave me an estimate, which was reasonable and spot on.

Description of Work
Maine Electric changed out and calibrated two wall switches to LED light switches.

04/12/2010

Kerry J.

When I called for an estimate the person who answered their phone was very pleasant and very cheerful! I was given an appointment time between the hours of 2-5pm and the technician showed up at 2pm right on the dot. WOW!! He gave me an estimate and I choose to have him make the repair. The technician (Jaremy) was prompt, courteous and very nice. I plan on using them again to put my garage/porch lights on a timer or install 3 new lights with the photocell/dual brite feature. Great job, thank you!

Description of Work
Repaired an outside electrical outlet.

02/26/2010

RICHARD OR REBECCA E.

Very well. Technician came in to view the extent of the problem and gave me an estimate as well as the steps I would need to take if Maine Electric were to perform the work. The next visit he removed defective outdoor panel and replaced it and new circuit breakers inside the house. The work was done quickly. He cleaned up after the job was done and was very mindful not to dirty the inside of the house.

Description of Work
Replaced service panel outside the house and retrofitted two incandescent can lights with LED lights.

10/02/2009

Linda G.

I made an appointment for them to come out. They never showed up. I have tried calling but was unable to get a response from the company.

Description of Work
They were supposed to come out and find out why our heater furnace blew.

04/30/2009

Kit T.

They showed up on time, did the job, and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Maine Electric Inc. installed a few outlets and did some overhead wiring for ceiling fans.

04/02/2009

Paula A.

I really liked the work that they did. They were prompt. They did what they needed to do on time. They cleaned everything once the work was over. The price was high but every thing else was good.

Description of Work
I got the recess lighting installed in most of my rooms and lighting textures in bathrooms by Maine Electric Inc.

12/18/2008

Marion G.

It was an excellent experience. They were prompt and very polite. They always wore booties on their shoes. They were great!

Description of Work
They fixed some outlets and updated the house so it would pass inspection if we would sell it. They changed some switches and put on what they needed to. They gave us recommendations on some things. They also fixed anything else that was the least bit off.

09/03/2008

Peter D.

Service was highly professional and friendly throughout the process,from the first contact via email and phone to the completion of the work and post-service follow-up to make certain we were satisfied customers. The customer service person was very clear and friendly; she arranged for a weekend work time to meet our schedule and was very punctual in following up on the appointment date/time. The work team was very clean and respectful of our home. They assessed the work that needed to be performed, explained their pricing clearly (flat rate "task-oriented" pricing that covers materials and labor) and set about completing the job. They did a good job making sure we were satisfied with their work (e.g., lights hung at correct height) and cleaned up after themselves. A few days after the job was done the customer service person called to make sure we were still happy with the work; we even got a thank you note in the mail. I wish other companies treated their customers this way!

Description of Work
Installed 2 pendant lights, 1 small chandelier, and several dimmers.

Category lighting

09/30/2007

susan W.

Excellent work. They're on-time, clean-up after themselves, protect furnishings, are courteous and very knowledgeable. They're really big on customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Installed several ceiling fans.

j harrisons home inspections

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Gentec Services Inc

With over a decade of service, Gentec Services, Inc. is the Bay Area’s most trusted electrician service provider. Thanks to our team’s rare combination of technical expertise, craftsmanship, and superior customer service, you’ll find our Livermore based technicians helping customers throughout the Bay Area.

Artifractural Design

We specialize in the inspection process of buying a new home or understanding what needs to be addressed in your current home. Our family has been in the carpentry and home-building industry for years, so we know what to look for in terms of safety and efficiency of your home. Veteran-owned and operated to deliver top-notch reports.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

LIGHTING, METER REPLACEMENT, WHOLE HOUSE REWIRE, SWITCH/OUTLET REPLACEMENT, RECESSED HOME SAFETY INSPECTIONS, EMERGENCY REPAIRS, CEILING, ATTIC, & WHOLE HOUSE FANS, GFCI SAFETY OUTLETS, SERVICE UPGRADES, SURGE PROTECTION/POWER SAVER UNITS.