Kitchens Plus

California: Contractors
03/31/2023

7943 University Ave

La Mesa, CA 91942

We are complying with all Covid-19 protocols.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
Kitchen Remodel - Santee, CA

Kitchen Remodel - Santee, CA

home remodeling202092071
This kitchen remodel was completed in Mid Continent Cabinets in Rustic Alder Husk . This customer was looking for the country rustic look. What a success in capturing exactly what the customer envisioned. Very happy customer.

We have been a part of the community and remodeling homes throughout San Diego since 1987. We have a clear understanding that a home remodel is more than just a construction project; for you, it is an improvement in lifestyle and an investment in your homes value. That is the reason why we have tailored every aspect of our remodeling service to completely satisfy you. "You imagine, we create... then you enjoy your new lifestyle and reap the financial benefits of your new kitchen and/or bathroom". Complete Design and Home Remodeling - General Contractor B License Specializing in Home Renovations including kitchen and bath remodels. On-staff designers and work-crews. We offer two designer showrooms to serve you! Additional Location:7943 University Ave La Mesa CA 91941 619 466-5100...

home remodeling (31)countertop installation (10)plumbers (8)marble & granite (4)woodworking (4)electrician (8)flooring (6)cabinet makers (5)lighting (4)drywall (4)window replacement (3)appliance repair (2)

02/04/2020

MARTHA O.

It went great and now the cabinet door stays closed. Kitchen Plus did a complete remodel of the kitchen in 1997. They replaced the drawers and cabinets, built a kitchen island and a tall matching storage cabinet. They have all been wonderful through the years. One hinge broke and Mike came today to replace the broken hinge and also others that were questionable. Now all the doors close so well. Mike did a great job and is very pleasant.

Description of Work
Repair a hinge on a kitchen cabinet

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], It was our pleasure to assist you with you cabinet door hinges, we try our best to accommodate or past and current customers and take pride in our customer service. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post this wonderful review. All the Best, Bonnie Connolly, Office Manager Kitchens Plus

07/14/2018

Clark R.

Matt, Stephanie and the whole team did a fantastic job on our recent kitchen remodel! We could not be happier with the whole process, from our first meeting to the last day. As with any remodel you never know what you will uncover as you go but Matt would always come up with a solution that not only made sense but made financial sense as well. And... they finished the job a week early! If you want it done right, Kitchens Plus is who you want.

Description of Work
Whole Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

Review for Kitchens Plus - 7943 University Ave, La Mesa, CA - 37238052

06/26/2018

Dave O.

After checking into several remodelers around town, Kitchens Plus came out as our top choice. The whole process, as well as the results of our kitchen and bath remodel just confirmed we made the right decision. Matt Barns and his staff were excellent in all aspects of the project. They adhered to the time line and kept us informed of the schedule. They were attentive to details big and small, and provided effective solutions to anything that came up from the original construction. Jim Peterman and Stefanie Zanow really helped to finalize all the layout and design aspects. To sum it all up, this was the most positive experience we could have hoped for, with exceptional quality and craftsmanship at a price that was better than most other remodelers we looked into.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

12/08/2016

Richard K.

We wholeheartedly recommend Kitchens Plus for a kitchen remodel. Dennis was very generous with his time during the design stage, and he had excellent ideas on how to re-design our kitchen. In the work stage, our crew was always onsite when they said they would come, and they never left in the middle of the job to attend to some other job. Their work was excellent, and they went the extra mile to do work that was careful and skillful. Our kitchen was always swept and vacuumed at the end of the day. Matt, the head contractor and owner, carefully evaluated our project before we signed the contract and also came to our site many times the make sure everything was according to plan. Everyone with Kitchens Plus was very professional and pleasant to work with. We had also considered another firm that is in Angie’s List, but decided on Kitchens Plus because they were so helpful in the design phase and their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
We remodeled our kitchen in our home in Mission Hills.

Category drywall,electrician,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/03/2016

09/24/2016

Robertson J.

Fantastic! The presentation and design was orderly and their suggestions and comments very helpful. Their quote was in the middle of the quotes we received. They provided a number of references which we called, and all raved about them. They were very clear about responsibilities. The work began when we had scheduled, there were no change orders, and the work was completed on time and budget. We love our new kitchen. Matt Barns and Jim Peterman led the work and bidding, and were great. The attention to detail was reassuring. The Kitchens Plus employees and contractors were efficient, competent, and reliable, and cleaned up at the end of each day. We recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel - relatively simple - new cabinets, countertops, backsplash, painting, appliances No moving walls, no flooring work needed. Mission Hills in San Diego

Category countertops,drywall,electrician,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/23/2016

01/06/2016

Roberta S.

Extremely pleased, more than what I imagined. They actually listened to what I needed, made suggestions and work progressed....8 weeks later (holidays involved) I have a beautiful kitchen, new cabinets, counter tops, flooring, and two full bathrooms redone with new cabinets, counter tops and flooring. Excellent working relationship from start to finish, total professionalism from staff, team members and subs.

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen and bathrooms.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/15/2015

05/30/2015

Mary S.

Matt Barns the owner of Kitchens Plus is the best contractor we have ever had the pleasure of working with. From the start his designer Dennis came up with a clever plan to make our small kitchen into a more useful modern functioning space. Most other contractors want you to pay extra for their designs even before you decide to use their company. We interviewed a couple of other companies but did not get the same warm and friendly attention that Kitchens Plus offered. Two of my neighbors had used Kitchens Plus in the past and they came highly recommended. Matt listened to our wants and needs and was on top of every detail throughout the entire project. If I ever had a question I was able to text or email Matt and have an answer within a very short amount of time. This took a lot of stress out of the project knowing Matt would always come through and make things right. Our project was forecasted to last approximately twelve weeks and Matt finished the job a week early. The high quality of work from his long-term employees shows what true craftsman they truly are. Everyone was friendly and respectful of our property. They picked up all messes and hauled away trash on a daily basis. We are also very impressed with the painting contractor and tile contractor Matt suggested we use on our project. We had separate contracts for these services. Everyone worked well in scheduling so certain aspects of the project were completed before the next contractor started their job. Thank you Matt Barns for making our 1976 ranch home into a modern elegant place where we plan to retire. We brag about our contractor to everyone. Hire Kitchens Plus for your next remodel and rest assured the project will run smoothly.

Description of Work
Gutted two bathrooms and our kitchen. Installed over 1200sf of porcelain travertine tile flooring. Painted nearly the entire interior of our house. Hung new solid wood interior doors with molding and new baseboards throughout the house. They installed new kitchen appliances and lighting fixtures all on dimmers. Installed brand new cabinets in the bathrooms and kitchen. Installed new toilets, bathtub, sinks, and shower. Raised the kitchen ceiling six inches to seamlessly match the adjoining family room.

Category custom cabinets,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,plumbing,woodworking,home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/19/2015

01/13/2015

Alan S.

The work took six weeks over the holidays which should have been a logistical nightmare but Matt and his various subcontractors were flexible and coordinated well to prevent any unnecessary delays. The biggest problem was with the kitchen sink I had purchased; it arrived broken. As did two replacements ( side note: stay away from composite granite sinks, they are extremely fragile). This delayed the countertop installation so Matt accelerated the the floor installation to keep things moving forward. After the third broken sink arrived I switched to a stainless steel sink. By then the stone countertop had already been cut. Matt worked with the fabricator to insure the new sink and countertop would fit together with minimal adjustments to the countertop rather than cutting a new countertop slab. None of the contractors I interviewed understood my vision for a decorative tiled niche, including Matt. But Matt, his carpenter, and tile installer listened to me and gave me advice that I listened to and kept or adjusted to fit my vision. That flexibility resulted in a finished tile niche that matched my vision. Remodels are stressful (three broken sinks didn't help) but Matt and his subcontractors were very friendly and that helped keep the stress manageable. There were quick to correct flaws that came up. I can look over my new kitchen and say I am very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Remodeled a 50 year old cramped kitchen to provide better use of space and included building a unique decorative tiled niche to my specifications.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 01/05/2015

05/04/2014

Randall S.

Splendid job. we could not be more satisfied with the service and the workmanship, Removed walls, ceiling, re-wired and re-plumbed the kitchen area. Custom cabinets and countertops. Very responsive. They listened to what we had to say. No complaints

Description of Work
complete kitchen and living room remodel

Category custom cabinets,countertops,drywall,electrician,plumbing,home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/01/2013

03/28/2014

mila K.

The price was a little high that was the reason I didn't go with them but I liked them a lot. I liked their designer a lot. They were my second choice. I remember that the price was more and they couldn't match, that's why I didn't go with them. It’s still good but I just found a better price. I didn't do business with them. Their responsiveness was nice and since I didn't do business with them I can't tell about the quality of their work. Everything went well. My interaction with them was very pleasant.

Description of Work
Kitchens Plus gave me a quote for kitchen remodeling.

Work Completed On 06/14/2011

Remodeling- Home, Kitchens, & Baths. Room Additions, Cabinetry, Renovations & Design.

Commercial.