Animal Hospital of Irvine

Veterinarians
Animal Boarding Kennels
Animal Grooming

01/01/2016

Description of Work
Excellent place to board your oet

Category veterinarian,kennels

05/25/2014

This review isn't based on one visit, but is based on a year's worth of visits. With his allergy problems along with the fact that he was an old dog, Fred was visiting the vet about once a month. Dr. Lai and her staff have been wonderful! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Animal Hospital of Irvine to anyone who loves their pets. One comment about the price: Having moved here recently, I thought the...

Description of Work
I moved to Irvine a year ago with my basset hound, Fred. I found Animal Hospital of Irvine through Angie's List and since it was close to where I live, and also handled dog licenses (which I needed to do since I just moved here), and provided grooming, and boarding services--I liked the idea of being able to board Fred with his vet should the need occur. I transferred all of Fred's vet records and took him in for a "well dog exam" so we could get to know each other. Although he's a very old basset, Fred had been very healthy in Las Vegas so I didn't expect to use the vet services as much as I ended up doing. Unfortunately, when we moved here, he developed allergies. For the past year, Dr. Lai has been treating Fred repeatedly for his many "hot spots" and ear infections.

08/18/2013

I recently moved to Irvine and needed to find a vet. The Animal Hospital of Irvine was conveniently located and they also registered pets with the city. Since I also needed to get my dog registered, and since he also had an ear infection (he's a basset hound and because of the long ears is prone to ear infections), I made an appointment. I was able to get the appointment for the same day which is ...

Description of Work
My dog had been bit by something (spider?) and had an infected paw. The vet examined him, took a culture of the infection, prescribed antibiotics, a steroid/anti-inflamatory powder, and the dreaded "hood" to keep him from licking his paw. I'm happy to say his paw healed and he is doing fine.

Category veterinarian,kennels,pet grooming

01/09/2013

I was very happy. My kitty's labwork was normal.....thank goodness because she is 9. I'm just keeping an eye on her now.

Description of Work
Dr. Lai and Dr. Baumann are the greatest! I have been there on more than one occasion before Angie's List asked me to review them. Their front staff is very professional and so nice. They even offered my dog a bowl of water as he was panting on a hot summer day. Their hospital didn't smell like a hospital and that's always nice. There's nothing worse than a urine smell hitting you as soon as you open the front door....yuck! There is always a knowledgeable technician or receptionist that takes my pets history before the doctor comes into the room. Both Dr. Baumann and Dr. Lai are very interested in my pets and how they are doing. Then they put a treatment plan together so I know exactly what my cost(s) will be. I have waited for my pets and on one occasion I had to leave and come back (because they needed to do x-rays and such). When I had to leave and come back I appreciated that they saw my time was valuable. I am always seen on a timely basis and if they are running late their staff takes care to let me know. One time I was late and they still saw me in between their appointments....I really didn't wait that long and I didn't feel so bad for being late (I had trouble getting my kitty in his carrier...uggh!) and making all the other appointments wait. Dr. Baumann and Dr. Lai are the greatest again, their support staff are the bestest too....I am so glad I found them and I will never leave. I tell everyone I know with a pet to go there!

08/17/2009

Very , very Well

Description of Work
Recheck exam; Anal Sac Expression & Antibiotic

Category veterinarian

Veterinary care including emergency services, internal mediciine, surgery, dentistry, dermatology & ear care, radiology & ultrasounds, lab services, preventative care, microchip implants, geriatric medicine, nutrition & prescription diets, animal boarding & bathing.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Visa