We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Galaxy Home Theatres

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2005

731 E Cypress St

Glendale, CA 91205

Please call: 18183953342. The other number is unfortunately incorrect provided by Angieslist, not sure why? Galaxy Home Theatres provides Professional Audio Video Services, home theater installations, set up music systems all over the house inside and outside, program universal remote controls,

05/24/2019

Terry D.

Let me just get to the point. Michael provided the best service I've ever had in over 25 years working with various home theater consultants. I have had the unfortunate experience of other consultants frankly of ripping me off and in the end, ending up with some of the most shoddy work and a complete mess. We have two media rooms, one with an old amazing 75" Panasonic Plasma screen that's still going strong and can compete with any screen today and the other a dropdown 10 foot screen with projection. So in total we have two home theater rooms to set up with remote controls and whole house audio. He meshed some of our old equipment with new perfectly. And he didn't try to sell us anything we didn't want or need, which in it's self is amazing. Michael's motto is too strife for perfection. Is he perfect, no, but I can tell you he makes every effort to achieve exactly that. The challenge we tasked Michael with was to fix, cleanup the prior 5 consultants mess, plus upgrade our equipment and give us a remote control system that actually works. Michael was the only consultant to except getting involved to fix somebody else's mess. No other consultants wanted to try, because most of the ripoff artist out there, make most their money off selling you equipment or way over charging for their time. In that respect, Michael was the most fair and honest person we've dealt with. If you're looking for somebody who is cheap and quick, go elsewhere. He's certainly not the least expensive, but he's worth every dollar you spend. He's also not the quickest, but quality work has never been achieved by being quick. We were patient with him and let him do his work and gave him all the time he needed and we're happy we did, we couldn't be happier. He almost immediately got my respect when he was willing to tackle the job in front of him and he didn't disappoint. My equipment closet looked like something from the movie Alien. Equipment was hanging off the rack from their cables in mid-air and it was snake pit of cables. Over the years each consecutive consultant added to the prior shoddy consultant's prior work. Only to have in the end one complete mess. Half the wires in my equipment closet were not connected to anything. If you slightly moved any piece of equipment several cables would come unconnected from their equipment. They were all so lazy, never even making an attempt to cleanup after those that came before, but only added to the mess. The end result being a complete nightmare, absolutely no attempt at wire management. All I can say thank God for Michael. After twenty some years of having to deal with the mess, he came in and literally turned the mess into a work of art. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again and actually hope to work with him in the future as the industry makes advances on audio/video equipment.

Description of Work
update existing home theater, wire management and remote control setup and whole house music.

08/09/2018

Larry B.

Mike was fantastic. He was punctual, had great communication, and was able to troubleshoot everything and simplify my system. He cares about his customers, his reputation, and has passion for his work. He was excellent to work with and I would highly recommend him in the future.

Description of Work
Help with existing home theater

08/04/2018

K. S.

Michael provided the VERY BEST service of any professional we've ever hired to work in our home. Period. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. A few speakers in our home set-up were no longer working and needed repairs. I left word with Michael in the morning and he very quickly got back to me. (Good sign.) I expected to wait a few days to have him fix the problem, but Michael kindly offered to come to the house at 8:30pm after he was done with his pre-existing appointments so we could have our system working sooner! (Another sign he would provide excellent customer service.) Michael spent a few hours fixing the speakers and even fixed some other problems with our system that we thought were un-fixable! Michael was conscientious and thoroughly professional. He wired everything cleanly, provided expert advice, walked me through everything in a way I could understand, and overall went ABOVE and BEYOND. Michael is a perfectionist, he's extremely knowledgeable, and he's affordable. What more could you ask for? We would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Audio speaker repair

07/30/2018

RUTH S.

Michael was so great. He clearly loves what he does. He was helpful, thoughtful and easy to work with. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
I needed someone to help get existing speakers in a new home working

07/22/2017

sevan K.

Very well! Michael is the best. I have worked with him before on another project. If you can, consult with him before you buy anything. He knows his stuff! He is very knowledgable and friendly. I will always work with him and his team. He is very passionate about his work and wants to make you happy. He is a perfectionist and works neatly.

Description of Work
I needed to update my home theater.

05/03/2017

Robert K.

Reconfiguration of home theatre system. Analyzed problems w my current system components , recommended what new equipment to purchase, installed and integrated all components so now everything works perfectly. Sound is incredible. Michael is a thorough professional. Completely reliable. Totally satisfied with his work.

Description of Work
Reconfiguration of home theatre system.

12/16/2016

Polli G.

They explained all the components so that I could easily understand. Made sure that everything was hooked up correctly and set up and working fine before he left. All the set up, the wiring and everything was secured so that it also looked nice besides being safe.

Description of Work
I used it this year and last year.

10/07/2016

EDUARDO P.

Michael immediately diagnosed and repaired interferences with the infrared signals. He also found and fixed errors in the original programming of the remote. Now the system works better than ever. I highly recommend Michael not just for his technical skills but for his patience in explaining things to the customer.

Description of Work
I called Michael when I began losing control of my home theatre system. That is, my components would not respond to the universal remote, or the response was sluggish. This had been going on for some time until the system just "crashed" and I couldn't watch anything.

07/17/2016

sevan K.

Great! Michael does home theater jobs north of $10,000 for celebrities. I just needed a projection screen installed in my classroom, but he took the time to make sure it was perfect. He is punctual and honest. I'm going to use this guy for all my home theater projects.

Description of Work
Projection screen installation

08/19/2014

andrew A.

michael is a total dedicated professional, his workmanship is pristine. He wired and installed a large family room home theater as well as installing 4 other TV's and sound system throughout the house. This was a big job and Michael and his team were up to the task. He is a perfectionist which shows in the quality of his work. He was thorough in his explanation of what was required and helped with all third party vendors, phone requirements and Direct TV. This was a great experience for me, and he came in on budget. i would highly recommend Galaxy Home Theaters they won't let you down!

Description of Work
home theater installation, installed and wired 4 other TV's, added large media rack and closet with all new wiring

07/22/2014

Marcia J.

Michael is just the greatest. He is professional and knows what he is doing. Not wanting us to wait too long for him to come he made a special trip in the evening. I love his mother as well who is his assistant.

Description of Work
Hooked up a television to a standing antenna (sp). Resolved an issue with our outdoor speakers and stereo system and an issue with our Bose entertainment system

06/12/2014

Sarah H.

Galaxy and Michael are the best. They respond immediately, and they do fantastic work. Their estimates for both time and $ are right on. I had used them previously, about 5 years ago, to install two flat screens and a home theater system. I've called them a couple of time to come and help out, and they always figure out how to get it done in a very reasonable amount of time. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Advised on new receiver and installed it. Also sent my Universal Remote to be reprogrammed.

04/18/2014

EVA O.

I strongly affirm the comments of other and quot;Aand quot; reviewers of this small business. Michael is extremely professional, knowledgeable, honest, punctual, courteous, and does excellent detailed work. The integrated audio/visual system with universal remote control he created for us 2 years ago has worked perfectly. The DVD player he recommended was definitely an upgrade at a very reasonable price. He came with his mother, his assistant, who is very charming, and they work together beautifully and respectfully. Recently, I called him when the universal remote was making a funny noise. He came over immediately, programmed a loaner universal remote for us, and arranged for our remote to be repaired very promptly. He didn't charge us for his time. We are buying a flat-screen TV for a new location in our home and I am grateful to have Michael's advice on brand, model, and store. Of course, he will be the one to install it and has already worked out the logistics, which I know will be very satisfactory. Indeed, we will always call Michael for our audio/visual needs and recommend him most highly with no reservation.

Description of Work
Two years ago, Michael integrated our dvd, tv, and stereo system with a universal remote control. Recently, he arranged repair of the remote, and provided and programmed a loaner for us to use in the meantime.

02/09/2014

Adam H.

Nice, and good price if you live near him in Glendale like me. Fast, good quality work, and his mom came with him. She was awesome too! He also gives good advice for future projects and purchases.

Description of Work
He installed a computer monitor for me onto my tricky plaster walls.

01/24/2014

Celly M.

Eventhough he didn't do any service for me. I totally appreciated his honesty! In my opinion, when you come across an honest person, they would definitely do a good honest work.

Description of Work
Called him if he could do a projection system consultation. He honestly told me that he could not and recommended someone else.

Category home theater design

Thank you for the "A" review. I do set up professional home theater projectors systems for homes but this job was going to involve a paging system and also cameras, video podcast network systems eventually. It is for a Church, therefore I recommended a professional company that does this type of jobs!

01/18/2014

MARYELLEN Z.

Great! Michael was extremely professional, punctual and really went out of his way for me - including coming back to my house 2 years later to help me change some settings - and did not even charge me for his time! He helped in identifying what speakers and systems were in my budget and installed them, including routing cable wire outside the house to get it to the room I wanted. He also adjusted my surround sound system that wasn't even part of the project (and very much appreciated). This month I called Michael for some advice on an in wall Subwoofer - and he was very honest and extremely helpful. Knowing my budget he adjusted my current system for me, which accommodated my need and kept the quality at a great level. Michael is the first person on my list to call for any audio/visual needs!

Description of Work
Install new sound system including speakers in 2 rooms and rewiring.

01/09/2014

Robert D.

Perfect! Great job and great attention to detail!

Description of Work
Mount Flat Screen TV.

11/22/2013

Mitch M.

Mike installed my flatscreen late one night despite an extremely busy schedule. Very honest,courteous, professional, not to mention thorough as he made sure he did not miss a mark. He is also knowledgeable in today's technology, as he provided detailed information on the do's and dont's when purchasing sound components associaated with my TV. His price is very reasonable and fair. He is a keeper and will definitely recommend him to come back for our future TV/Stereo installations.

Description of Work
Flatscreen TV wall mounting with its assemblages.

07/30/2013

Joshua M.

Michael was conscientious and professional from start to finish, and patiently, painstakingly explained every hookup and decision. When several ports on my receiver failed, he offered to do research (on his own time) to figure out the issue. Very pleased, and highly recommended.

Description of Work
Installed currently existing home theater system, and advised on additional components

07/27/2013

dennis D.

They were punctual, friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Michael offered suggestions that we didn't even think of and saved us money in doing it. We highly recommend them and will use them for all our home theatre needs.

Description of Work
Michael fixed our home theatre system, updated our remote and set up our stereo/sound system.

Category home theater design, home automation

07/09/2013

Tania M.

Galaxy is a gem of a small company. They do excellent work and have their endearing quirks which makes them the type of company that just doesn't exist much anymore. Michael comes over to do the work with his mom as his assistant, who is lovely and very warm. Michael takes a lot of pride in his work. He actively recommends which brands are best and which systems to avoid purchasing, and he will search out deals so that you're getting the best price. He also makes sure the work is done expertly - showing you every step of the way how he's doing the work and making sure you're happy with his approach and understand the quality of his work. He is very friendly, very proactive and fast - he got all of our work down in an afternoon/ day max. Finally his prices are very reasonable. We really think this is a gem of a little company and are so glad we found them through Angie's list.

Description of Work
Michael installed a full surround sound and entertainment system in our converted garage and our living room area. He also mounted the TVs in those rooms plus our master bedroom.

07/09/2011

Rick H.

I contacted Galaxy Home Theatres because of their good reviews here on Angie's List. I found all their good recommendations to be accurate. Michael first came out and looked at my existing system, a home theatre system that had been installed in the apartment I used to live in. Now that I'm a homeowner, I had moved my system, but didn't want wires showing, so I was looking to have the surround speakers permanently installed with the wires hidden. Michael complimented me on some of my equipment choices, gave me some requested opinions about future improvements I could make, and of course, gave me an estimate on the work I was asking for at the moment. In order to give us a couple of installation options, we decided I would purchase a couple of ceiling mounts for the two back speakers just in case the brackets I had used previously wouldn't work there. This was accomplished via mail order over a week or two, and Michael kept in close communication so that the work would be scheduled as soon as the ceiling mounts arrived. Once the mounts arrived, the work day was scheduled, and Michael and his crew arrived promptly and completed the job in a timely manner that day. Turned out we didn't need those mounts, so I returned them. The workers were all friendly and the job was done quickly with a minimum of disruption. I'm very pleased with the finished product. The speakers look great and there's no clutter of wires to be seen... plus my system sounds fantastic again! Thanks for a great job, Michael. I look forward to doing more business with you in the future!

Description of Work
Michael and his team installed four surround sound speakers in my living room, including installing the wiring in-wall, and connecting to the current sound system.

07/09/2011

david Y.

very frustrating and surprising see above

Description of Work
He seems to be very immature and defensive/paranoid about his services. It was frustrating, as everything requires "research", and he disappears for lengthy periods of time (to conduct research) while nothing really happens. He essentiallty represents that he is a high end tv repair service, capable of installing televisions, etc, but wants to be treated like an expensive attorney. I was more than a week into working with him and I still had a broken receiver in my garage, and a system that wasn't functioning. I finally called him, only to be lambasted because I didn't stay in the room during our initial "consultation" while he poked around behind my television, and because I was late in meeting him. (I had apologized, and he initially seemed rational.) He has a bigtime temper, and frankly, it was a bit unsettling. He comes across as having been "burned" by customers in the past and has little "tricks" (refusing the initial consultation fee at first) to insure that he isn't wasting his time. Unfortunately, the experience wasted a huge amount of my time. When I told him it wasn't working out, he screamed at me on the phone and actually threatened me. I was truly in shock, in light of the amount of my time that was wasted and his apparent inability to do the work. He then admitted that he has literally no help, generally works alone, and that he hadn't performed because his only helper, apparently an employee at Best Buy (which he calls "The Best Buy" and seems to think is some obscure entity) is only available to assist him once a week. His lack of staff apparently was why he showed up each time with his mother. He actually threatened me and screamed, although I can't imagine why, as he literally never did anything (other that "research" which I can't imagine what even was)!!!

Category electrician, home theater design

We are extremely sorry that this potential client was so dissatisfied, and we did not charge him for our services or initial consultation fee. We have represented hundreds of clients over more than 15 years, and have been proud of and pleased by their great and virtually universal satisfaction with our services, as evidenced by their thanks and compliments to us, their ratings above, and by their repeat and referral business. Our version of the events reported by this potential client would resemble his only slightly (he called insisting on an immediate consultation, having acquired equipment incompatible with his inoperative 19 -speaker system; he did not appear for the first appointment and was late for the second; we analyzed his problems, and promptly researched and found hardware and software solutions; we so advised him promptly by voicemail message; he called back a full week after our message was left, complaining that nothing had been done; etc.), and we see no good that would be served by a detailed review. Suffice it to say, again, that we are extremely sorry for any misunderstanding regarding this potential relationship, and regret any inconvenience. We have, over a period of many years, consistently delivered to our loyal and satisfied clients the expertise and resources to design, analyze, install, trouble shoot, and restore simple and complex home audio and video systems. As the other reviews above demonstrate, we continue to please, and hope we may have the opportunity to please you.

05/12/2011

PAMELA K.

Works really clean, and did a great job.

Description of Work
Installed a new larger flat screen tv in an existing wall mount. Hooked up the blue ray and direct tv boxes. redid the cables to make them much neater in both function and appearance. Helped us locate a stand for the flat screen that had been wall mounted, and intalled that tv in another room.

04/27/2011

CK G.

I spent between $700 and $800. They were excellent all the way around. I found them online and they exceeded all the going reviews that I read about them. They were very good. They were good with their follow up. They were booked up and the guy told me that he would call me back in a week to confirm what he thought would be his schedule. So, he did that and then he set the time with me which was a week after that. They were on time and he did everything he said he was going to do when he showed up. He also followed up afterwards. I had a slight problem which was not his fault, but he followed up to make sure everything was okay. I would definitely use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
I used the services of Galaxy Home Theatres.Com about two and a half weeks ago for installing the new components for an existing home theatre system. They installed a new projector on the ceiling mount and a new Blu-ray player.