Deco Construction Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2006

folsom

Folsom, CA 95630

With over 25 years of experience in kitchen and bath remodeling, we will help you navigate your project from concept to completion. We will provide you with an efficient and streamlined service, ensuring the highest level of workmanship and least amount of disruption on your project.

05/24/2022

Cynthia M.

I live in the Bay Area and needed someone to convert a bath tub to shower for an elderly relative who lives in Orangevale. All of my interaction with Phillip was over the phone or via email. He was easy to get hold of and always friendly and professional. He told me upfront that he was scheduled about 3 months out. When the job began he showed up when he said he would and was done within the time he estimated. We are very pleased with the beautiful work he did. The only surprise was that I had to order the materials and was responsible for getting them delivered. Perhaps that was because it was such a small job and/or to help keep the price down.

Description of Work
Conversion of tub to shower

08/13/2021

Michelle R.

Quote was right on. Quality was amazing. Very professional at all times. Was able to create exactly what I wanted!

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen and bathroom

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

02/17/2021

Ernestina B.

Philip did an outstanding job converting tub to shower, including repair lots of dryrot and replacing floor and sink. His bid was thorough and very fair in comparison to other bids. Philip takes pride in his work, always on time, leaves work area clean and is very professional and polite. Needed shower instead of tub due to health issues. Philip's knowledge on products, repairs and restoration of an irregular size (small) bathroom worked and looks great.

Description of Work
Mobile Home Bathroom Remodel and Repair

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

07/31/2020

Pamela R.

Phil was great, work was done on time (early actually) and quality was/is excellent. Great suggestions on purchasing products. He did such a good job we are looking at having him do the rest of the kitchen. We would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
taking down a two tiered counter to one level surface and installing a new sink and fixtures

Category countertops, home builders, home remodeling

06/05/2020

Susan G.

The results were perfect, great Company

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category countertops, drywall, lighting, home builders, home remodeling

11/14/2019

RICHARD M.

A masterpiece of craftsmanship, well-organized and timely completed. Phil's tile guys (12" X 24" porcelain on shower walls; 2" X 2" on shower and bathroom floor) are true artisans. Other than for the tile work, Phil (an A & B contractor) did all the work himself (no endless parade of subcontractors) including plumbing, electrical & lighting, drywall, painting, and assembly of a custom-made floor-to-ceiling vanity. Throughout, he promptly responded to inquiries and change requests. Deco has my highest recommendation for its quality work.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

06/26/2019

JoAnn S.

They were excellent, they are responsive to my needs, prompt, efficient work and I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They did a bathroom remodeling service.

03/15/2019

Ella Y.

The remodel went very well. Our bathroom is beautiful. Phillip was professional and responded to all emails and phone calls in a timely manner. His work was meticulous and he completed the bathroom according to the estimated timeline. Phillip is very knowledgeable and a good listener and was able to find ways to accommodate our design requests.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

12/17/2018

karen H.

Phil was perfect. He was knowledgeable about the process, he is a perfectionist, in a good way, and Phil was able to acheive the desired dream shower we asked him to create. He has a good crew that also worked as hard as he did, with the same care to do the job correctly. We just moved to this area and we are going to keep Phil in mind for all of our future refurbishing or any repairs to our home.

Description of Work
We had a walk-in shower installed.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, picture framing, hauling services, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

12/16/2018

Michelle H.

Had a contractor flake on us and needed to clear section 1 pest inspection in a hurry. Phillip was so responsive, professional and took care of us in a hurry. When the inspector added a few more items the day of clearance, Phillip was back to the house immediately and we got our clearance just in time. I cannot thank or recommend Deco enough, awesome service!!

Description of Work
Deck repair to clear pest inspection

Category decks, home remodeling

10/28/2018

Kathy M.

We cannot be more pleased with Phillip. He was one of three contractors we received bids from. He was substantially less than the other two. He was creative, prompt, courteous, skilled, and most of all, unflappable. Remodeling a 70 year old home was not without its challenges and surprises, and Phillip just rolled with whatever came along. He offered great solutions to problems that came up and was very patient with all of our questions and changes. We piled on extras and he accommodated us at every turn. He had great subcontractors who did excellent work. He finished on time. We are very satisfied.

Description of Work
Whole house remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hauling services, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

10/12/2018

Jane J.

Phillip at Deco Construction does outstanding work. He is the one I call for my construction needs. I know he takes pride in his work. He is punctual, dependable, and his prices are fair. Phillip is a man of integrity. If you are looking for the best...call Deco Construction.

Description of Work
Deck and door added tommy sunroom

Category decks, home remodeling, doors

10/08/2018

Fran K.

Phil was very prompt in taking measurements and giving us a quote. He kept us updated on the progress and we appreciate his professional work and his friendly manner.

Description of Work
Railing installation at front steps

Category fencing, home remodeling

10/04/2018

Tricia F.

Wonderful! The project was done quickly & looks beautiful!

Description of Work
Deco2 built a large floor to ceiling bookcase with 63 shelves. relocated an air duct, 2 speakers and put in a ceiling fan and can lighting. Painted the bookcases, shelves & ceiling.

Category electrician, lighting, woodworking, interior painters

08/20/2018

PHYLLIS Y.

I was so impressed by Phillip's work ethic as well as the high quality of his workmanship. His punctuality and willingness to listen to his customer was amazing!! I am thrilled with the craftsmanship he exhibited, creating a phenomenal, unique product. I would highly recommend him for any remodel or new construction job you may have. I value his experience and expertise. He is so easy to work with, making the project a delight.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

04/09/2018

Joyce D.

Everything was going great until the estimate was submitted. The salesperson was punctual and knowledgeable. The cost of the estimate was in line with others submitted but the amount due before the job started was 75% of the total. The CSLB states that you should only pay 10% of the total cost or $1,000 whichever is less. This amounted to $3,000. Obviously this company lost my trust, as they had to be aware, having been in business as long as they have been, to know this was illegal.

Description of Work
dry rot repair

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed] , as stated in the correspondence you can always call me with any questions, I would’ve been happy to clarify, we never ask for a deposit which is no more than 10% , the first payment is due when work is started, witch is well within the CSLB regulations, I am truly sorry for your misunderstanding.

02/05/2018

Steen G.

Only thing that has been more exciting then purchasing our home has been renovating it! In hopes things would go smoother than it does on tv; we went with Deco Construction. Sure, all the challenges that goes with our home that had original 44-year old kitchen and baths took place but since we choose Phillip at Deco each day was just another day of watching the transformation take place. When we meet Phillip we immediately knew there would be no communication problems. Reading reviews, we knew we would love his craftsmanship. We had been looking forward to demo day for over 7 years. We even thought we had all the answers, material picked out and ready to go. No chance, turns out we only had the answer to half of what we wanted but with Phillips years of Renovating experience he was able to fill in the gap and narrow it down knowing what we would like and needed to take place. Since completion of the project we crossed paths with Phillip at the local grocer and actually realized we miss the journey we took together with our home Renovation. Was not expected to be this smooth in such a major Renovation but I think this is how it should be. Our Dream Home came true!

Description of Work
Kitchen, 4 Baths, 2 Bars, Entryway. Complete Renovation

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

12/04/2017

Karla S.

The bathroom turned out really beautiful. Phillip helped me with the design, and he was the most reliable contractor I have ever worked with. Really pleasant guy, too. I'd hire him again for sure!

Description of Work
We needed tear out and a new granite vanity top, vessel sink, faucet and mirrored medicine cabinet.

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

11/20/2017

Cheryl B.

It went really well and turn out is fabulous! I took extra time to make selections to go with everything including colors. I did not feel pressured or rushed. That was a big plus. They understood every little detail is a big decision, especially for many years to come. Want to be sure you are satisfied with each detail. Thanks Philip and crew!

Description of Work
Major kitchen renovation. From Floor to Ceiling.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, plumbing, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

09/15/2017

MARY G.

I talked to Phillip on a Thursday afternoon and he was at my house Friday morning with tools and parts in hand. He took care of it in 30 minutes and by doing so, he saved me the hundreds of dollars it would have cost me to call a plumber. My experience with Phillip Barkowsky and Deco Construction in 2013 and again in 2017 has been outstanding.

Description of Work
Phillip did a fantastic remodel of my kitchen in July, 2013. Now, 4 years later, I am getting ready to sell the house and wanted to re-install the dishwasher air gap that we had eliminated during the remodel since it was not technically required. I was concerned that a home inspection might flag it and wanted to avoid that. I called Phillip to get a referral to someone who would do the job for me and he volunteered to take care of it without charge.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

09/14/2017

James G.

Never heard back from this company, they said they would call me but never did hear back. Would not go with a contractor that does not call back

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed] Sorry for the communication mix up but I don't have your phone number, if you would like to provide it I will call you to set up a time to meet. Thank you Phillip Deco 916-496-1666

09/04/2017

Janet S.

It went great. Phillip was professional, courteous, talented, organized and personable. Would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

08/07/2017

jeff S.

Great job. Phillip does great work at a very fair price and his willingness to squeeze us in and quickly complete the job was very helpful.

Description of Work
Subfloor repair, tile shower

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

05/29/2017

Robert L S.

Phil provided expert guidance on several structural changes I proposed. Movement of the entrance to the master bedroom with addition of dual pocket doors was one. All the work was completed with attention to detail. Phil has a wealth of knowledge and made the challenge of remodeling our older home a great experience. The transformation was amazing. It is a 'new' home now.

Description of Work
Our home under went a complete remodeling effort including kitchen, master bath and installing tile floors.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

05/23/2017

Matthew Z.

Philip was absolutely amazing. We are extremely happy with the quality of the work. Everything step, texturing, flooring, cabinets, appliances, etc, was done very well. Every time we made changes (extend the counter 4"'s, create a nitch in the wall above the cooktop, change the backsplash and add.....), Philips response was, "we can do that, no problem". With all of the changes we made, the hidden challenges Philip found that needed to be fixed, exactly 8 weeks later everything was done for the original price, no hidden or extra charges. Oh yeah, he told us before we started it would take 8-9 weeks so he even hit that mark perfectly. I have already recommended Philip to several friends looking to have work done and I will definitely call him for any future projects we have.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen and laundry room remodel, including opening a wall, raising a dropped ceiling, and everything new. Stripped down to plywood floors and started from scratch.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling