Far West Electric

Founded 2007 • With Angi since November 2009

934 Hillhaven Road

Escondido, CA 92027

Far West Electric was established in 2007 and services the San Diego and surrounding areas of California. They do both commercial and residential electrical jobs including panel upgrades, installations and repairs. Combined, the team at Far West Electric has over 19 years of experience. No job is

01/23/2020

Roxanne L.

They never contacted me so I cannot rate anything other than responsiveness.

Description of Work
Various electrical.

06/08/2019

Todd B.

We had several smaller jobs like replacing light fixtures, fixture broken outlets and switches as well as installing a new EV charger. They were fast, courteous and did all projects perfectly! I would hire them again!

Description of Work
Several smaller jobs

Category auto repair, electrician

12/02/2018

Paul & Kathy S.

Call them 2 times and zero call backs!

Description of Work
Install 3 electrical outlets

Category electrician

No idea who this person is. We have no message from them in the Angies List message center nor our voicemails. We always strive to get back to everyone in a timely manner.

10/01/2018

Charles L.

My tenants had an issue with the breaker hosting the microwave hood intermittently tripping offline. Noah came out and confirmed that the breaker was weak and replaced it. However, when the problem persisted, they returned to check it and found that the entire sub-panel (probably builder original) was actually compromised by bad grounding bars. He quoted me a fair price on the replacement AND credited the previous visit since they should have caught it then. I was pleased enough that I paid a bit extra and had them add a dedicated outlet for the microwave hood.

Description of Work
Sub-panel upgrade

07/11/2018

Ron W.

The job went very well. Serena in their office did a very good job of keeping me informed. She followed up when she said she would and helped me to schedule the rest of my day around the work that was performed. Jeff and Noah showed up on time, did a quick walk thru, then Jeff proceeded to complete the job. The work took about an hour to complete. Jeff was professional, courteous and thorough. Thank you Jeff!!

Description of Work
Installation of new 110V microwave receptacle in kitchen. All parts and labor included.

05/28/2018

Nancy H.

The work performed was good, my only complaint with the work was the haphazard clean-up at the end of the job. I had to go back and pick up screws, and clean up plaster dust and bits of debris from each of the outlets and switches they worked on. The two-person crew worked efficiently, and finished everything in a timely fashion. However, scheduling and communications with the office were less than adequate. My scope of work would take a two-person crew about one day to do. At the time I was provided a bid, I was told one to two weeks before work could be performed, but it was nearly five weeks from the date i approved and returned the scope of work proposal to the day the job was performed. The day the work was done I'd also asked for a quote on some follow-up work, and was promised a proposal by email within two days of the job. I never received anything but a confirmation of payment. I understand he is busy, but I don't want to have to chase someone that hard to do a project.

Description of Work
Electrical outlet and switch troubleshooting and repairs, mount a ceiling fan, mount a flat panel TV, installing wiring for new garage door.

Category electrician, home theater design, ceiling fans

Thank you for your input. We always like to manage the expectations of our customers with how busy we are. We apologize if you did not receive a follow up quote.

03/01/2018

Bette N.

They did a very nice job! I will recommend them and use them, again.

Description of Work
Electrical Service

02/06/2018

Nona S.

It could not have gone better! The process of obtaining a permit from the city and scheduling a date to disconnect and reconnect the electric service is rather lengthy. Far West's Serena Grantham made all the arrangements and kept us informed of the process and progress, responding promptly to all questions. The new panel looks great, was professionally installed and conforms to code. I am completely satisfied with the service and product Far West provided and highly recommend the company.

Description of Work
I purchased a $1795 coupon offered by Far West Electric for a 200-Amp Electrical Panel Upgrade. After the work was completed I learned that the work involved in the panel upgrade was far more extensive than expected by Far West because "everything in the existing panel was done wrong and not to code so they had to correct a lot of items." Nevertheless, Far West honored the coupon price I paid, adding only $165 for the solar-ready option I requested.

02/02/2018

Thomas T.

I wanted to get some outlets replaced/ 12 and I was told that was too insignificant to have that type of work done. I told the person that you list reviews where your changeing 1 / one fan and yet changing outlets is not the work your doing yet via Angie’s list and their own website they list numerous so called insignificant jobs. I told this person those listings are not honest and based on me being turn down for a job to have my outlets replaced, the reviews are MISLEADING and the website should indicate what jobs the company will do as well as what they won’t do, I.e. changing a fan, outlets, etc.

Description of Work
Called to have work done

Category electrician

Our reviews speak for themselves of all the excellent work we have done. There is no dishonesty about these Angies List reviews and not quite sure why this was even brought up. Sorry we didn't have the availability for your outlet project, we always like to manage expectations for our clients and if we are too busy we let you know up front. Best of luck!

12/28/2017

Bill F.

I called to get a quote on replacing the panel and adding a single 15a circuit. The initial communication and professionalism was excellent. They scheduled a time within 2 weeks and coordinated with the city for permits. When I got the call to confirm the install I was told the technician did not have time to quote the additional circuit in advance but would look at it when they are there and come back to do the work another day. Unfortunately the tenant ( this is a rental property) did not feel comfortable letting him in to review the additional work so we talked about it over the phone and he said they would send a quote! Which did not happen, but not a big deal. The dissatisfaction occurred when I asked to see a picture of the completed work. The stucco around the install was torn out leaving big areas of exposed beams. I asked if they had a trim kit or something to seal it up and was told they did not make such a thing and that stucco work was not part of the job since they are electricians only. When I expressed my surprise over not being told there would be a large hole to fill, I was told the quote said they are not responsible for stucco repair. Well...sure enough, they pointed that out to me and it is there is fine print on the bottom of the quote. I would say 'not responsible for repairs' and 'there will certainly be stucco repair needed' are 2 different things all together. They were nice enough to refer me to a nice repairman who completed the work quickly and I then contacted a painter. The repair and paint cost another $1,100 dollars, on top of the panel upgrade cost of $1,750, and the amount of work needed was a complete shock ( see image). I just wish this extra work and cost would have been communicated up front. All this being said, overall they seem like nice competent electricians.

Description of Work
Replaced 125 amp electrical panel

12/21/2017

Nona S.

On November 16. 2017, I purchased a coupon for a 200-Amp Electrical Panel Upgrade for $1705.25, offered on Angie's List. The terms of the offer provided: "Limit one deal per person/household." Nevertheless, Angie's List issue and billed for two coupons. I notice the error the same evening and, as a gold member, contacted customer service by phone to have the overcharge refunded. Michael (Mike) assured me that a refund would be issued within 30 days. Today, December 21, not only has no refund be issued, Angie's List has failed to respond to an inquiry by American Express in response to my disputing the additional charge of $1705.25. The merchant, Far West Electric, has been very responsive. The process of replacing an electrical panel is a lengthy one, involving third parties not under the merchant's control. Far West notified me early on of the erroneous issuing of two coupons. I assured Far West that the error was being addressed. I will update this evaluation when the process is completed.

Description of Work
Electrical panel upgrade.

11/15/2017

Mark Z.

The work was finished quickly and I am very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Added can lights and some art lights to my living room ceiling.

Category electrician, lighting

09/19/2017

Craig B.

Project went well, finished on time and for a reasonable price. I would definitely use Far West again.

Description of Work
Service/Panel upgrade from 100 amp to 200 amp. 100 amp sub panel installed in garage. 220 circuit run for car charger 110 20 amp dedicated circuit for receptacles for workbench in garage.

08/07/2017

Jeff U.

Got everything done quickly, which was an extra challenge I didn't know about because of my building's strange layer of stucco they had to cut through in the ceiling. Noah had a good referral for a drywall person to patch up the minimal holes that were made too.

Description of Work
Replace old lighting with canned lights throughout my condo, install 2 ceiling fans, relocating one of them, and added LED lighting in two closets.

07/11/2017

Stan C.

The work was done to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
install a ceiling fan.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

07/06/2017

Joel C.

Great! He did an excellent, professional installation of two new ceiling fans we purchased

Description of Work
installed two ceiling fans

07/06/2017

Johanna C.

Put in an exterior GFI outlet for a hot tub. They came out on Saturday and it took less than an hour. Excellent service, professionalism, and craftsmanship. Would highly recommend and use them again!

Description of Work
Put in an exterior GFI outlet for a hot tub

07/03/2017

Susan M.

Even though his business is about 40 miles away, I hired him because he had done electric outlets for stair lifts and electric toilet seat bidets for the company I was buying a stair lift from and at that time I was waiting back surgery, was having pain and lack of energy to pursue searches of electricians in my area. He was excellent.

Description of Work
Recommended by Pacific Mobility. I needed electric outlet for a stair lift and I also had him install electric outlets by toilets for electric bidet seats.

06/08/2017

Alice K.

Had a 2 week wait until work could be assessed/done. Did not use this company due to the long wait before I could be seen.

Description of Work
Indoor electrical repair

Category electrician

We are always disappointed that we can not completely fulfill all needs of our clients, we just happened to be very busy at the time of this request. We did wish her good luck with her project, asked if there was any flexibility with timing and even offered a referral for another electrical contractor.

06/04/2017

Katie C.

I called Far West Electrical on a Wednesday, and I spoke to a person who gave me a rough estimate for the probable cost of the repairs I described. I called back just a bit later that day (still Wednesday) to schedule an appointment, leaving a message on voicemail because nobody answered. I never heard back from them. I called again on Friday morning, thinking that perhaps something happened to their voicemail. A person answered this time, but he said he was out on a job so would need to call me back either late Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning. I said that's fine, but said I'd left a message and never heard back - he assured me that I'd hear back on Saturday morning at the latest. Now it's Saturday evening, and I still haven't heard from them. If they aren't interested in the job, then obviously that's completely fine, but tell me that instead of leaving me hanging around waiting. I can't speak to the quality of the work that they do because they never responded to my phone calls, but they have very poor customer service and seem unreliable to me. I wouldn't use this company.

Description of Work
I needed to have some minor electrical work done on my home.

Category electrician

We attempted to call the number that we were given, it was unfortunately not the correct phone number. We were hoping that she would have at least called us back to figure out what was going on before posting such a negative review. Please see all of our other outstanding and positive feedback and you will see for yourself that there had to have been a good reason that we were not able to complete this clients request. We are deeply sorry to this client and frustrated that the incorrect phone number was supplied to us, and wish that we had the chance to fulfill this request and supply our regular and exemplary service.

05/01/2017

RUTH M.

we talked to them on thursday, he was out this morning, and the work went great! Clean and fast work. Vacuumed around the switches we replaced. Very responsive, and courteous.

Description of Work
Replaced light switches and outlets

04/18/2017

David K.

he finally figured it out, tricky little breaker

Description of Work
replaced circuit breaker

04/14/2017

Jackie D.

Far West was very professional, on time, and dealt well with the City's inspector. They provided the best price out of 3 separate bids.

Description of Work
I had a 100 amp electrical panel replaced and upgraded to 200 amps.

03/20/2017

Dave K.

It went very well. Two of the bedrooms received 4 recessed light fixtures and the third received 5 light fixtures. Before starting work he meticulously protected all work areas including the floor with plastic using blue tape. He taped templates on the ceiling for each of the light fixtures so I could visualize their placement. This helped me to realize that I wanted a fifth light fixture in the one bedroom. There are only a few holes created in the walls and ceilings of the bedrooms. In one bedroom there aren't any holes that were cut. He was able to navigate the wires from the switch plate to the ceiling fixtures using the created holes in the adjoining bedroom. The job went smoothly and quickly. Each of the rooms received a dimmer switch which he explained is standard for these jobs. After completing all the installation the floor was vacuumed and all refuse was removed. I am very impressed with his professionalism and people skills. It is always a pleasure to invite Noah into my house to do some work for me. I will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Install LED recessed ceiling lights in 3 bedrooms.

Category electrician, lighting

03/20/2017

Mark L.

Noah was a great communicator and the service he provided was on time clean and for the great price he quoted me!

Description of Work
My 100 amp service panel was upgraded to a 125 amp panel.