Superbike-Coach Corp

Founded 2003 • With Angi since March 2016

Elk Grove, CA 95624

Superbike Coach is a award winning top-class motorcycle riding school in California. We teach street and track riders of all ages and levels in our popular and highly reviewed programs in classes or real 1-on-1. Our goal is to make you a better rider !...

08/30/2019

Majid F.

I finished my first day with SBC, cornering day 1, on 08/11/19. It was beyond my expectations, both for learning new skills and the riding track time. Coach Can Akkaya would explain a few concepts then have us go out on the track and practice it, and even give us feedback right on the track! We would come back out to learn more concepts and repeat the above practice/feedback. It was quickly obvious that the coach deeply loves motorcycle riding and cares to teach us skills that he has picked up from a lifetime of riding and competing. I thoroughly enjoyed my time learning new skills and improving my base skills. I'll be going back to SBC for coach Can's other courses for more opportunities to learn and practice. The cost for such an all-day activity (nearly 9 hours), was also very reasonable. I completed the cornering school day 2, this past week-end (08/25/19), and It was an amazing, amazing day. It was an all day of pleasure and joy, learning new and deeper riding skills and practicing them on the track. I rode nearly 50 miles on the track, practicing counter & Uber counter steering and body positioning. Although I have had many motorcycle and I've been riding for decades, I am happy to discover that there is plenty, for this old dog, to learn from Coach Can Akkaya. I grew up on dirt bikes and switched to sport-bikes in my later adulthood. But I think I've been riding my street bikes like a dirt bike. Coach Can, in his classes, is showing me the difference. In cornering day 2 class I've learned to let Physics and the bike do the work, rather than to wrestle with them both. He has shown me through the counter steering skills (horizontal steering) of day 2 that I don't need to do the heavy pushing and lifting of the bike (vertical steering), at each turn. That's great, as these skills let me continue to enjoy riding for many more decades. Coach Can also showed us that by proper body positioning (knee and cheek toward the turns) one can keep the bike more upright in turns, allowing for safer and faster turns. I had lots and lots of fun, practicing these skills and those from day 1. Coach Can and his staff create a very relaxed and fun atmosphere, with learning and skill development as the number one goal, and all the students respond positively to this. I look forward to many more classes and will repeat them once exhausted, as there is plenty to learn and enjoy. I recommend the Superbike-Coach classes to all motorcyclists, as they allow for fun and enjoyment, while improving the street and track riding skills. The cost is very reasonable and competitive for an all-day activity.

Description of Work
Motorcycle riding school - to develop street and track riding skills

Category tutoring,fitness trainer,drivers ed,motorcycle repair

We appreciate your words Maijid. Thank you

07/01/2019

Denny P.

Coach Can is gruff, but absolutely friendly, supportive, knowledgeable, and has made me a substantially better rider in just a couple of classes. I strongly recommend that if you are interested in the class, you at least plan on taking both classes one and two, then decide if it fits you. The first ends with emergency braking, which is a very beneficial safety skill that can save your life on the street. The 2nd day, is countersteering and uber-countersteering. Yeah, you think you know countersteering now? I thought I did, spending lots of time online, watching videos, and reading 3 motorcycle books, but I didn't really. Coach showed me and the class during a critical group exercise that countersteering is effortless, and nearly everyone there is fighting it, causing instability, insecurity, and wasted energy. In just that drill, my lines got tighter, easier, and more confident. You might also be thinking, "but I learned these skills during the MSF course; this is old news!" Here's the thing: I took the MSF too, 3 years ago, and have ridden 35,000 miles of mostly twisty roads since. In retrospect, the MSF nearly seems negligent compared to the control I should have had when I started riding; the same skills that Coach Can taught me over the course of two days of instruction. In addition, you'll have the benefit of having photos taken with the class, which is normally an expensive service. The photographer, Dean, goes out of his way to present a huge compilation of photos throughout the day, ensuring that each rider has several to choose from featuring different corners. They're nice to show off, but also helpful for the learning process in revealing the truth on how you actually look and where you can improve. Considering that the classes run just a bit over 100 bucks for a full day of goofing off on a go kart track, and you have lessons planed with it, and you get photos, that's some incredible value. Parting advice: don't be passive about your learning. Ask questions when you don't understand, leave the canteen area knowing exactly what's expected for each drill and what goal you're trying to accomplish. And don't get offended easily, there will be cursing, as he doesn't sugar coat anything. He tells it like it is, and you'll be better for it.

Description of Work
Motorcycle Riding School

09/24/2018

Denys P.

Coach Can is the real deal. I just finished his Cornering program and learned a ton of skills that are not only so very useful (and critical emergency survival skills) for everyday street riding, but also essential to get you to feel comfortable riding at the track. Wether you are commuting, casual riding, or ambitiously wanting to do better at the track, coach Can will teach you the skills and work closely with you to achieve your goals. The combination of the theoretical portion of the classes, where coach Can breaks down each technique in details and walks you through step-by-step, and the practical on the bike applying and practicing the techniques under the coach's mentoring eyes, is what makes this the best training program out there, without question.

Description of Work
Motorcycle Skills

02/13/2018

Dean L.

AWESOME...!!!

Description of Work
Suoerbike-coach is an awesome class to take. I've been riding for over 40 years and thought I knew it all...boy was I wrong. I've been apart of several classes and always come out with something learned, no matter how often I've taken their classes. Coach Can Akkaya is a top rate instructor and loves what he does. I'd HIGHLY recommend anyone take his classes.

01/06/2018

Martin E.

The day was 10x better than I had expected. There was plenty of practical track time to practice what we learned in the classroom. Coach's style is serious, but also laid back and fun. Despite the day being a group event, I still felt like I had plenty of personal attention. My confidence in riding my motorcycle increased significantly. I hope to return for all the following Cornering School days and many more. I'm hooked.

Description of Work
Cornering School Day 1

Category drivers ed

Highly appreciated. Can Akkaya Superbike-Coach Corp

09/26/2017

Justin M.

Day 2: Attended Day two this past weekend and the coach continues to break my expectations and increase my skills and confidence. Day 2 is about counter-steering and refresh of Day 1, while I read about counter-steering I was doing it completely wrong. Even driving home from the class I noticed an immense improvement with my steering control. I am excited to take day 3 very soon!! Keep up the great work coach!! Day 1: I took the Corner school day 1 on 8/12/17 and it was one of the most fun experiences I have had in a long time. The coach is a very talented and passionate person with a teaching style that I absolutely love. His personality ensures you have fun and laughs all day, while instilling very important riding skills. I feel like I gained a lot just from this one day and I will definitely be attending more classes in the future.

Description of Work
Motorcycle Training

We appreciate your words. Can Akkaya Superbike-Coach Corp

03/21/2017

Steven P.

Just finished the Cornering School Day 1 class at the Little 99 track in Stockton. This class was amazing and it was so much fun to get some time on a track where you don't have to worry about traffic or surface conditions! Coach Can Akkaya has an impressive background in road racing, and will tell it like it is. He knows what he's talking about and wants you to perform at your best. The entire staff is wonderful, there are free photos and snacks, and the size but complexity of the track is ideal for learning. Day 1 will cover how to deal with fear, ideal lines, proper viewing techniques, and power braking, among other things. Riders are grouped by skill level, so you are riding in your element. I can't recommend this class and the staff highly enough. It has clearly made me a better, more confident, safer rider, and I have already signed up for Cornering School Day 2...can't wait!

Description of Work
Training in how to safely and effectively ride my motorcycle.

Category drivers ed

Thanks [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your words. Can Akkaya Superbike-Coach Corp
    Drivers Education
    Motorcycle Service
    Fitness - Training
    Tutoring
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal

1-on-1 Track day coaching Laguna Seca specials Motorcycle stunt riding with wheelie and knee dragging classes Supermoto training Motorcycle tours Cornering School Days and Road Skill And we’re organizing Track Days

Ask for details.