S CA Construction Consultants Inc (SCCCI)

Founded 1986 • With Angi since July 2005

Family Owned & Operated since 1986. We are experts at Painting,Vinyl Windows, Tile/Shingle Roofing repairs/replacement, Vinyl Siding, CoolLife® Lifetime Plus Coating, Wall & Attic Insulation, and Vinyl Fencing. We specialize in Energy Efficient and Maintenance Free products. Additional DBAs - Southern California Construction Consultants, SCA Construction Consultants, SCCCI & Construction Consultants....

A Service Provider's profile image

+12 more images

3.9

3.7

house painting (15)roofing (6)window replacement (5)stucco (2)HVAC Companies (2)gutter repair (2)water heaters (1)siding companies (1)fence company (1)hardscaping (1)drain pipe installation (1)concrete repair (1)

08/10/2019

Dana C.

We first used SCCCI more than 20 years ago for exterior coating and window retrofitting services. Because their work was professionally completed then and held up very well over the years, we elected to use them again. Again, we found the quality of their work to be high, and their responsiveness to concerns prompt and courteous. While it may have been less expensive to work directly with painting and window subcontractors, which also would have allowed us to use a different window manufacturer, the overall project price and quality of the windows used were reasonable enough to make it worth paying a little extra to have the whole project coordinated and guaranteed by SCCCI, whom we know stands behind their work, even after more than 20 years.

Description of Work
exterior Cool Life coating, retrofit french doors

Category replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

06/26/2019

Lorena V.

I love working with Mike (Sales) and supporting knowledgeable office staff. More importantly, I really like the detail and meticulous work their painters do, especially Jose and Juan team! Showed up prompt and worked full day, kept equipment very tightly and always cleaned up after days work. My house looks amazing and very cool during the summer!! I get a lot of compliments on my house and inquires on painting company and colors too.

Description of Work
PAINT THE ENTIRE HOUSE WITH COOL PAINT

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us! We are so glad to hear you are enjoying the cool life technology on your home and can feel the difference during the summer time!

06/19/2019

Eric C.

It was fantastic. They were extremely accountable. Very professional. They were always on time. They were very dependable

Description of Work
He did exterior painting and exterior shingling.

Work Completed On 01/01/2017

06/18/2019

Donna C.

It was excellent. They were friendly, polite,efficient, and good work.

Description of Work
Roof repair.

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

06/18/2019

Roberta M.

It was very great. There was a team who came including the electrician and plumber. They were on time and kept us informed of the progress. They did everything beautifully.

Description of Work
They did multiple things - they put water heater, put new roof, installed air conditioning, new windows and sidings, drain for the roof, and cobblestone for the pathway.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing, siding, water heater repair, replacement windows, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

We appreciate your positive feedback and for sharing your great experience with us! We look forward to hearing from you on any future projects you may need for your home. Thank you!

06/11/2019

George M.

they were professional, timely and finished in the time discussed. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 08/06/2015

06/07/2019

Strve M.

Great, talk everything over on what we wanted, needed, and the price was right... Showed up when stated, done within the time frame... Painters were very nice and friendly.. Very happy with the work, and a job well done... will use them for other project we want done...

Description of Work
House Painting

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We look forward to hearing from you for any future projects.

06/06/2019

Michael R.

The work went smoothly, it was excellent, specially the 2 carpenters that help us a lot. The carpenters worked on the replacement of my patio roof and they did a good job on that too. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Removal of an Old Spanish Style Roofing and installation of new Roofing Felt, then put back the old Tile Roofing

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with SCCCI. We are so pleased to hear that you are satisfied. We look forward to hearing from you for any future projects.

06/05/2019

Dulce M.

He was so nice (Dean) he was very professional, knowledgeable and address my concern. After we signed the contract, we started after a week. They started the work on Tuesday and completed the job on Friday. I notice the leak two months ago and they came out right away the same day.

Description of Work
I have a large roof and they redo it and put shingles. They replace all the plywood on the entire house and put synthetic under layment and redid all the rich caps.

Work Completed On 11/10/2016

10/19/2017

Michael H.

It's always tough choosing a general contractor for a job but I have to say we've been completely thrilled with the results of working with SCCCI. Mike and his team did an excellent job and even went above and beyond to fix other issues that came up during the construction at no additional charge. We got several quotes but SCCCI had very competitive pricing, their communication was top notch and we generally felt very comfortable throughout the whole project. Not only would I hire Mike and SCCCI again, but I would also strongly recommend them to anyone looking for general contracting projects.

Description of Work
- Re-roofing of flat roof - HVAC expansion into living room and nursery - Ceiling fan installation and electrical reworking in nursery

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

09/20/2016

Sanjeev M.

I hired SCCCI in August-Sept 2015 for coolwall paint job for exterior/outside my home and the lifetime warranty they promised in the contract. Once the job was done I wanted to verify the job with the coolwall company. The coolwall inspector came and recommended that they put 1 more coat on the stucco as well as the trim as only one coat was used and it was not enough. Only then they can give the lifetime warranty. I have booked appointment with them many times and they didnot show up for painting. I had already paid them fully for the job already. Finally they came and got the second coat of paint done in Feb of this year 2016. Since then I have reached out to them numerous times to get me the warranty they promised. Not only it is very hard for my to be able to get Larry or Cassandra or Mike on the phone. its almost impossible. I have been trying to call them without success many times. and finally I am forced to get to Yelp and write a bad review. Since they are not good for their word. I will not recommend this company to anyone. Please avoid dealing with this company.

Description of Work
Coolwall paint job for exterior/outside my home and the lifetime warranty was promised in the contract.

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

09/12/2016

Heather H.

BAD! Do NOT hire Larry Lidberg or anyone associated with them. He walked out on the job after yelling at me several times. He didn't review the work being done and blew up when he was questioned about the faulty work. Please check his court records at the Ventura County court (venturacountycourt.org) and the Los Angeles county courts. He is sue happy and falsely serves people. SCCCI or S. Ca. Construction Consultants, Inc. have several claims against their bond and are being looked at by the contractors board. Please check all this information for yourselves, the Ventura county website lets you check court cases for free and LA charges you $1. It will be the best $1 you will ever spend. He is bad news and word is he is going to change his company name to CEC.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom

Category remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 09/12/2016

08/08/2016

Darold C.

The initial set up went very well, the house looks much better - we are still looking at a few pick-up items, but I have been asurred they will be there for us!

Description of Work
Stucco Patching/Painting and Gutters

Category gutter repair, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 08/08/2016

04/03/2016

Adam Z.

I was very happy to have hired SCCI to paint the exterior of our home. I met with Dann to choose colors/finishes and it was very apparent he knows the business well. He made suggestions that I would have not of thought of otherwise and I was very happy with the way everything turned out. The crew was timely and professional, and carefully cleaned each day of the project. No touch-ups were needed and people who come over always compliment the colors and clean lines. Thank you for a great job and experience! I highly recommend them and i will be using them again when i paint the interior of my house.

Description of Work
Paint external of my home. Removed old wood siding. Fixed wood siding where bonding, cracks, resurfacing required. Painted several coats of primer. Then they applied Cool Wall protection to wood and stucco. Provides 30 years of warranty and protection.

Work Completed On 03/24/2016

Thank you for the business and positive review, [Member Name Removed]! Your house looks beautiful and it was a pleasure servicing you and your family. I’m thrilled that you are very happy with your experience with SCCCI, it is my top priority to leave our customers satisfied. If you ever need any work performed on your home or have any questions about home improvement please do not hesitate to get in touch with me--I have every intention of being your life long contractor. Dann

01/19/2015

CARLA G.

I hired this company because several years ago they did the original texture cote on my house, I was very happy with their work and I wanted the same color and texture coating on the patch as was on my outside walls. There were two remaining items to be completed for this job: Some fascia in the back of the house and the painting around the two windows that were installed. The fascia area has peeling paint but was not noticed during the estimate process and was not, therefore, part of the original contract. when it was brought to the attention during a review of the job I was told that they would take care of it when they returned to paint the area around the windows.. Because the crew that installed the windows indicated that they had already scheduled a painter to return, I paid the balance of what was owed to SCCCI. BIG MISTAKE. After several requests starting in 9/2014 I still have windows with 2 inches of white around them and the fascia was never painted. I specifically talked to ED who asked if I had already paid the balance and then requested that I email pictures of the problem to him. The email address provided was bad. I called the office and was asked to send the pictures directly to them and they would contact him. After three weeks without a response, I called the office again and spoke to a manager(female). She indicated that their crews were not available because they had jobs outside of the S.F. Valley but they would take care of this as soon as their jobs were done. This was approximately 2 months ago. They obviously have no intention of completing this work. I was very happy with the crew that installed the windows. Not so happy with the painter. Since he was painting the fascia there was no way he did not see the peeling paint next to what he painted. Also he simply painted the patch and did not texture it so it matched the rest of the wall and that was something the window installers did. I have given up on this company.

Description of Work
Painted white fascia in front and an area on one wall that had been patched because of a plumbing problem. installed 2 windows.

Work Completed On 09/03/2014

10/03/2014

thomas A.

Friendly and professional handling of all aspects of job from start to finish. Excavation and pouring into front planter location was slightly delayed, but the company explained the delay and worked with us to accommodate our needs. Price undercut every one of the several contractors we received estimates from over the past several years. SCCCI passed cost savings of a materials distribution company's liquidation on to their customers, saving us a couple thousand dollars. They also were flexible with us for a portion of the payment, allowing us to pay this portion in installments over the next ten months. The owner and son worked directly with us to ensure that we were happy with the process, the cost, and the results. House looks great. Overall excellent service!

Description of Work
New roof overlay, installed gutters, drainage, and concrete fill to resolve flooding issue of water seepage into house and flooding of garage during heavy rains.

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 09/30/2014

01/20/2014

Julie S.

I'd just bought my house a couple of months ago and the first thing it needed by a paint job for the eyesore that it was; color as well as peeling paint. It apparently had not been painted in at least 17 years. Excellent experience, the company was very responsive to my needs, including follow-up call to see how it went. The construction manager checked on the job consistently; workers did an very conscientious job, with daily clean-up at the end of the day. A great deal of time was spent sanding off all old paint from the wood by rotary sander. The company identified itself by neighborhood canvassing, and while I've never hired on this basis before, the presentation by Michael was really very entertaining! At the same time, they also did small but important things for me, such as hanging new exterior lights and installing an outside outlet on the balcony. Yes, it was expensive, but hopefully will not have to worry about the paint for a long time to come.

Description of Work
entire exterior house painting with Cool-Wall tex-coat. Wood and stucco

Work Completed On 12/01/2013

07/12/2013

Cynthia P.

They are horrible. We are still, after three years, still waiting for them to come back and fix. We're still waiting for them to call us back because they tested the product on our house in February. They were supposed to call us back in two weeks and this is July and we still haven't heard back from them. The company Tex-Cote still hasn't heard back from them to be able to give us the results because since their the client, Tex-Cote cannot go directly to us to give us results. We are still waiting for them to let us know that they're going to have to come back and repaint our house. They've taken portions of the paint off of our house to test it, yet still have not contacted us to resolve that, either. We used them originally in November of 2010. They came back in February of 2013 to test the house because we believed the entire time that it was not done correctly. They said to live with it for a while. We lived with it for a while and still believe it was not done correctly. We finally contacted the Tex-Cote company itself and they had somebody come down and test it for us. If they would send people my way to give them a reference, I would absolutely tell them to run the opposite direction.

Description of Work
I used S CA Construction Consultants. They do Tex-Coting and windows.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 02/18/2013

I say emphatically after 27 years of a flawless record with workmanship, as long as this review remains on this site we invite anyone to review this project in person. They have a lifetime guarantee against any defect whatsoever covering both labor and materials. They believe they have ‘pinholes’. We have walked the project including the owner of the company and “it’s beautiful”. In addition they have had the manufacturer out to inspect and take samples and the job is flawless. Call us at (800) 413-3333 for their address.

12/20/2011

Rick T.

Contracted with SCCCA to replace all old aluminum windows and sliding glass doors in my home with new vinyl double-pane glass versions. Initial appointment to measure windows was kept promptly. The job foreman for the job came to do the measurements himself along with a co-worker. He explained what would be done during the installation and took the measurements they needed. I received follow-up calls the next 2 weeks, giving me an update on the status of my window construction. Installation was confirmed for the original date promised. The installation crew showed up promptly as scheduled, did some initial prep work covering nearby flooring and furniture and began the removal/replacement process. Removal went smoothly. Prep work for the new windows included a great deal of attention paid to application of the sealant adhesives and insulation. New windows and doors were installed with a lot of attention being paid to details like how easily the latches worked, the slide motion of the windows/doors, etc. I was very impressed with the quality of the work done as I observed the entire process from removal to final sealing, caulking and cleaning. Overall, I would highly recommend SCCCA, the installation crew and the quality of the Anlin windows I purchased.

Description of Work
Replacement of 5 existing windows and 2 sliding glass doors with vinyl double-pane windows and doors from Anlin.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/17/2011

10/31/2011

Glenn B.

A big chunk of the coating has dislodged below one of the windows they installed. I now how've structural cracks in walls they hammered on (at one point the hit the outside wall so hard they cracked the inside wall). I had to call them out many times to redo work that was either poorly done or to fix the cracking problem, which is still not fixed. They now say they are unable fix the cracking, so have stopped trying. Their lifetime warranty is apparently worthless.

Description of Work
Had windows and outside coating done, as well as some minor remodeling.

Category replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 01/30/2006

10/20/2011

Kathy S.

They painted my house the wrong color. They also used the wrong primer for the trim. I also ended up having to hire someone else to install the gate again because it kept falling off. They sprayed stucco all over the outside faucets and the meter readers. The salesperson was very rude.

Description of Work
They painted our house and treated the trim so that it would not burn. They also sprayed the stucco and installed a gate.

Category fencing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 10/15/2009

06/09/2011

Emilia B.

They subcontracted with people who obviously did not do the job right. The texture coating did not stand up for the fifteen years that they promised. Almost immediately, I had a leaky window. A few years later, there were many bubbles. When I called back, I had complete silence and no one listened to me. I just didn’t have the energy to go through it at that time in my life. The owner finally came in 2005 to look at the house, saying he would come and fix the places where there was a problem but at a cost. I didn’t believe I should have to pay for that service and I couldn’t afford it regardless. Later on, their marketing people kept calling me (two or three times) to offer their texture coating services that they said were good for lifetime. In 2007, he said that he would come out and power-wash the house, but he said I needed to sign a contract to relieve him of any future obligation before they would start. When they washed it the bubbles became bigger. I showed the person supervising and asked him to call the owner so he could come out and see the extent of the damage and burst, clean, and fix all the bubbles not just the ones that had burst previously. I never heard from them again. I had signed the letter that stated that it was out of warranty, but I clearly remember having been told it was at least a fifteen-year warranty when they originally did the work. Larry had personally told me for fifteen years I would have no concerns, having only to wash it to make it look like new. When they washed it in 2007, less than nine years later, the house was dirty, dark, and there were huge bubbles all over the place. They did a horrible job. They were very arrogant, they don’t care at all, they didn’t do what they promised.

Description of Work
They worked on concrete drains around the house, performed texture coating and painted the trim except for the new windows.