AUTO TEC LLC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since September 2006

2875 S Winchester Blvd D

Campbell, CA 95008

Auto Tec is a family ran business that does work on all models and makes of vehicles. We pride ourselves on honest, dependable, and efficient work. Established in 1991 We have been in business for over 25 years thanks to the support of our great patrons. At Auto Tec our community is our family, and going the extra mile isn't uncommon with our technicians and also with our customer's vehicles....

12/30/2014

Jordan H.

They're way more honest and less expensive than the Toyota dealer I've bought three cars from now.

Description of Work
I've been to Auto-Tec a few times now, and they are always great. Most importantly, they are honest and only charge you for necessary repairs.

07/15/2014

George B.

Description of Work
Inspection and second opinion on another business recommended repair.

04/01/2014

Nancy F.

They are reasonable. They are good and they will talk to me about any issue that I may have before they rip the car apart. They are honest. They talk to their customers.

Description of Work
I went to Auto Tec for lube oil change and changed the oil filter. They checked the brakes.

03/03/2014

ANN A.

see above

Description of Work
Fixed indoor Jeep handle. Other places wanted more than double the price I paid at Auto Tech. Auto Tech went to the trouble to find a used handle for me. I have had other services there and very happy. So far so good.

12/09/2013

Andro S.

Job was completed on time, care was clean and the price was right.

Description of Work
60,000 Mile Service Inspect Air Bag Systems; Automatic Transmission; Battery; Brakes and Traction Control; Constant Velocity Joint Boot; Coolant; Headlamps; Manual Transmission/Transaxle; Shift Interlock, A/T; Steering and Suspension; Tires; Lubricate; Replace all filters.

09/30/2013

Rick S.

Auto Tec has done it all for us. Tune ups, major and minor repairs, vehicle inspections. They are fast, honest, and fair. I wouldn't take our older cars anywhere else. And sometimes we take our new cars for warranty repairs and regular service here, too

Description of Work
Our family has used this provider for more than 10 years. They have serviced 6 cars including the cars of our grown up children

10/01/2012

Paul R.

Air suspension on my 1999 Lincoln Navigator with 183k on the clock had sagged. Initially they found the height adjustment to be set incorrectly set. They adjusted it and everything was fine for a couple of days but the problem soon came back. They then spent considerable time debugging the problem and engaged with me on possible issues. As an engineer and part time mechanic they worked with me, listened to my ideas, tested them out and provided prompt feedback. Eventually they discovered it was the compressor and provided a quote to fix it utilizing a new compressor pump from Ford. They did say that they would install a customer provided part. With 183k on all parts it didn't make sense to put in a new part. They waited for me to get the part, then they installed the part same day and had me on the road quickly. They respected my knowledge and experience, I spoke directly with the mechanic, and they could explain their rational for what was going on, and we great to work with / get the job done quickly. Guys are professional, very knowledgeable, logical and very easy to work with. Prices were very fair and reasonable i.e., not overcharged especially for diagnosing an intermittent problem.

Description of Work
Diagnose and repair air suspension. Replaced compressor.

11/26/2011

Clayton S.

They were extremely busy and did not have much time to talk to you. They did get the work done eventually.

Description of Work
They repaired the high beam headlights and horns on my 1986 1/2 Nissan.

Category

Hello [member name removed], I attempted to find on our data base and it doesn't seem like we've ever done business together, because we don't work on classic cars for one. I hope you get this review to the correct business, so they can address any concerns you've had with their service. Have a great day.

02/03/2011

yueping G.

Auto Tech did a very thorough jod on our Toyota camry. They replaced the dirty air filter and also discovered front/rear shock leaks. Don told us that shock leaks is a commonly occurring problem for Toyota Camry and advised us to have Toyota dealer replace them while the car is still under Warranty. Thanks to Auto Tech, we were able to have Toyota dealer replaced the shocks under warranty which saves us $800. Our sincere thanks to Auto tech.

Description of Work
Auto tech performed 25k mile service on our Toyota camry.

11/02/2010

Michael L.

I was treated fairly and honestly. Overall a good experience.

Description of Work
I suspected a transmission issue which Auto Tec diagnosed as a bad axle. They replaced it promptly. They also gave me a ride home when I dropped off my car.

10/25/2009

ELIZABETH K.

We've been taking our cars to Tony for must be 20 years now (!). Always does great work on time and at minimal cost. His team are great to work with.

Description of Work
Regular maintenance plus the bigger stuff - always done right and on time.

02/07/2009

BARBARA I.

We have been going to Auto Tec for many years. They are always reasonably priced, a pleasure to deal with, and they do great work. They are professional, prompt, personable and honest.

Description of Work
regular maintenance on my family's cars

11/13/2008

SUE E.

I would recommend them in the future.

Description of Work
They repaired the EGR system in my car.

05/04/2008

FRED N.

I had taken my truck to another shop that I'd used before to get the A/C recharged. They told me it was fully charged, and something else was wrong. It would require a 2-hour diagnosis, costing $180, to find the problem. I thought that was too much, so I picked up my truck. Having read here and elsewhere about Auto Tec, I took the truck there. They told me it was charged, but the pressure was low. They added freon and said that it seemed to be working very well, but just in case they added dye to the freon, so if the problem recurs they can easily spot it. This is a test that yet another shop wanted to charge $200 for; these guys just did it as a part of their service. In total they charged me for 0.6 hours plus freon, for a total of $77.44. I plan to have all of my work done there from now on.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and recharged air conditioning.

10/23/2007

Glenn Y.

I have used them for a long time. They are consistently top-notch. One problem is that I cannot always get in as quickly as I would like to, but that speaks to how popular they are. I think their prices are very reasonable!

Description of Work
They fixed the transmission differential, replaced a back-up light, changed the oil, and replaced my alternator.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

09/13/2006

Glenn Y.

They are very good, do consistent high quality of work, and it is always nice to deal with them. They have a lot of work, and recently, I have had to wait for a few to several days for service which is OK. I know they would be willing to get me in for emergencies.

Description of Work
They did minor service (Oil Change) and checked and repaired a CV boot oil leak. I have been going to them for a long time for big and small jobs.

Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

We are a full service shop that handles check engine light diagnostics (in addition to other diagnostics) , most major repairs (unfortunately we do not rebuild transmissions), and servicing of vehicles.

Body work, and tire service.