Derrick J Dickerson DMD

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2008

6755 E Superstition Springs Blvd Ste 203

Mesa, AZ 85206

Dr. Dickerson has recently been named one of Phoenix’s top dentists by Phoenix Magazine for 2014. At our Mesa, AZ family dentistry office, Dr. Derrick Dickson believes that continuing knowledge is one of the most important attributes of a dental practice. He has completed hundreds of hours of

09/22/2022

Thomas Victor D.

I was in the office on 09/20/22 for preparation for a crown replacement. As always, Dr. Dickerson and his staff (Front Desk, Dental Assistant, etc.) were very professional, efficient and pleasant. Dr. Dickerson always thoroughly explains the procedure being performed as well as the reasons for the procedure. There is never any pressure to have a procedure done; options have always been presented. I have always found Dr. Dickerson and his staff to be completely honest, skilled, pleasant and personable. Dr. Dickerson is very easy to talk with; he and his entire staff have always made coming to the office a pleasure!

Description of Work
Crown Replacement

07/01/2022

Thomas Victor D.

Dr. Dickerson & Hygienist Tianna are always amazing. The cleaning was very thorough & professional, as was Dr. Dickerson's Exam. An issue with a crown was noted but it was an issue that could safely be delayed (I will be scheduling an appointment to have the crown replaced later this year). It should be noted that Dr. Dickerson & his entire staff are always very friendly & welcoming; going to the dentist is actually a pleasure!

Description of Work
Cleaning, Xrays & Exam.

06/25/2021

Erica L.

I have to say its been 10+ years since I have been to the dentist. This office is amazing, from the front desk to the hygienists and Dr. Dickerson is all around the best dentist I have every went too. He is personable, caring and attentive to your needs and not just another number. I recommend this office to anyone who is need of an awesome dentist. The invisalgn is off to a great start and confident I will be happy will the end result. Thank you staff and Dr. Dickerson for making my experience a positive one.

Description of Work
Within the past 1 1/2 years, I had a few fillings and a deep cleaning done. I started my invisalign a couple months ago.

Category dentists, pediatric dentist

Thank you for your kind words, [Member Name Removed]. We are so happy that you found us!

05/12/2021

Kathleen D.

The staff and dr Dickerson are always friendly , thorough and professional . Each of them listened and did everything they could to solve my problems. Dr. Dickerson and Karen spent extra time listening to further problems I was having and coming up with a game plan and solutions. I recommend dr Dickerson’s office to all .

Description of Work
Dental services

Category dentists, cosmetic dentist

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to write feedback for us. We do our best and appreciate you noticing our efforts!

05/20/2020

Thomas Victor D.

Dr. Dickerson and his entire staff (especially my Hygienist, Tiana, and Front Desk staff, Loraina) are amazing! Attention to detail combined with professionalism and friendliness make going to the dentist a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Dental x-rays, cleaning & examination.

02/23/2016

Karen S.

Dr. Dickerson is an excellent dentist. I hadn't been to the dentist in over 10 years and was very nervous to go. His staff is kind and courteous. They did not make me feel embarrassed about the state of my teeth. I have been going to their for over a year now. Dr Dickerson is very gentle and took his time to talk to me about what he was doing. Since I was very nervous to have a root canal, he even sent me a text message after my appointment to ask how I was feeling and if I had any discomfort or any questions. The office is organized and professional. Diane who cleans my teeth is so nice! I can't say enough nice things about my experience.

Description of Work
2 root canals, 1 crown, fixed a filling and filled a cavity.

02/23/2016

Karen S.

Description of Work
2 root canals, 1 crown, fixed a filling and filled a cavity.

Category endodontics, dentists

11/11/2014

alvin B.

they made the dentist process better then any other I have ever experienced

Description of Work
general exam

08/06/2014

Steve S.

He's done a good job. I've been going to him for quite a while. I've been using him for five or six years probably. He's very thorough. He gets down to business. He gets as much done as he can. I didn't have to keep coming back and forth. He's very professional. The staff was excellent. Their administration was really professional. They worked with my insurance company really well. They're not cheap by all means. He's always done a good job in taking care of me.

Description of Work
Dr. Derrick Dickerson is my dentist. I go there just for the regular stuff.

04/30/2014

Jonathan D.

04/23/2014

Heather H.

We are very happy with the service. The doctor was very nice.

Description of Work
General check up.

03/04/2014

Mary S.

Went very well. I was able to schedule appointments around my schedule. He's always prompt and helpful. My husband and I will go back.

Description of Work
Filling for a root canal

01/11/2014

Jim M.

Two porcelian caps. Excellent work. The main item was he was not a provider in my dental insurance and so cost was elevated. Unfortunately I will have to find another dentist.

01/10/2014

Ken C.

I'd put off going to the dentist for years, so I was a little apprehensive about it. Dr. Dickerson not only put me at ease, he was an excellent dentist. I had a lot of catching up to do and have had several appointments since, and my wife will soon be setting up an appointment as well. He has excellent staff, no complaints about the office environment, I highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Cleaning, cavities, and crowns, I was way overdue for a dental visit.

08/21/2013

Nicole L.

He was very professional, fast, and my teeth feel great. I will continue to use him and I've recommended him as well. I liked that it was a one visit fix.

Description of Work
My last appointment with Dr. Dickerson was July 18th.

05/30/2013

ALAN B.

He was the dentist for my entire family, personable, excellent dentist

Description of Work
General dentistry and a couple crowns

03/27/2013

John M.

Made appointments after checking with my insurance provider for coverage and Angies List for reviews. Showed up for first appointment on Wednesday, March 20. My son was taken for cleaning right away, met with Dr. to review what is currently going on with his teeth. Good appointment. Hygienist very thorough and very personable, as was the Dentist. Second appointment was for my daughter on Monday, March 25, 2013. Again front reception staff very personable. However, had to wait a few minutes and had a different hygienist this time. She never called me back to review with Dr. on what was happening with my daughter's teeth. She came out with my daughter with a referral for orthodonist, and only stated that she had one baby tooth left that was currently loose. She didn't explain why she needed orthodonist, and to me I didn't get the warm feeling that I received from the hygienist that I received from my son's appointment. This is my first hand information, I will go back to this provider as overall it was a very good experience. As a first impression on the second visit, I thought more details should have been made available to me and I should have been brought back into exam room to discuss my daughter's checkup in more detail.

Description of Work
Had two different appointments for my children, Wednesday, March 20 and Monday, March 25. They both went in for check-ups. Easy to make appointment, front desk staff very personable.

Category dentists, pediatric dentist

02/10/2013

Jon M.

The appointment went great. As I explained above. They even followed up the next day, to see how I was doing.

Description of Work
I had a filling fall out over the weekend and needed emergency care Monday. Dr. Dickerson was the first one after many calls to see me right away. He fixed up the tooth as good as he could and recommended a root canal and crown. They didn't put any pressure on me to go ahead withe the procedure. He did his best to prevent the need for a root canal but the tooth was to far gone. He only charged me for his services that day, and nothing else. Also it was a pain free appointment. He did a great job.

01/08/2013

Philip M.

My experiance with Dr Dickerson was very good. He set up an appointment and was on time. He did the extraction quickly and absolutely no pain. He made sure that area was numbed before he started I suffered no pain during the extraction or after. My jaw healed much faster than I anticipated. He and his staff were very friendly. I would without hesitation refer him to anyone. To my pleasant surprise my insurance covered the majority of his reasonable charges

Description of Work
I needed an extraction and was refered Dr. Dickerson by my dentist.

Category dentists, oral surgeons

10/05/2012

Yvonne T.

I have been a client for over 12 yrs & have received over & above care. Staff absolutely awesome - Dr. Dickerson provides excellent care & is also very caring!

Description of Work
Cleaning.

11/07/2011

Brigette D.

It was adequate and everything was decent and they treated us good. They were on time.

Description of Work
I used Derrick J. Dickerson DMD for general dentistry.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Pediatrics
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
    Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Dentistry - Fillings, Cleanings, Crowns & Bridges, Veneers, Implant Dentistry, Dentures, Invisible Braces, Sleep Apnea Appliances

Wisdom Tooth Extraction