Medical Associates-The Shoals

Founded 1986 • With Angi since April 2012

Primary Care - Internal Medicine

Accepting most commercial medical insurances including Medicare and BC/BS of Alabama. Hours of operation are Mon-Thu 7:30 AM-5:00 PM; Friday 7:30 AM- 12:00 PM. We have a wide range of onsite diagnostic options including ultrasound, Xray, and full laboratory services....

11/04/2017

Wonderfully.

Description of Work
My wife and I switched gp's a year ago, from a sole practitioner to a medical group, and could not be happier. They have their lab on site, you go in to have blood drawn, come back an hour later to discuss the results with your Dr. They will transmit prescriptions electronically to your drug store so they are ready when you get there. There's never any hassle with the nurses who are supposed to call prescriptions in but refuse to, as we had with our previous Dr. The operation is extremely professional. you check in at the front desk and they give you a buzzer. I've never waited more than ten to 15 minutes before the nurse comes to get me (unlike the two hours minimum at my previous place, regardless of the time of day). The nurse comes to the door while your buzzer is buzzing, then takes you back to weigh you, measure pulse, blood pressure, etc., then takes you back to the examining room. ALMOST IMMEDIATELY THE DR SHOWS UP!!!!!!!! It's extraordinary, I've never experienced anything like it. Our GP is Dr Andre Taylor, who came highly recommended by a good friend. He is extraordinary, very concerned with OUR health, and willing to give us a reasonable amount of time. Also VERY knowledgeable, unlike our previous Dr.

12/21/2014

Description of Work
Medical checkup and refilled prescriptions.

06/25/2013

He takes his time with patients and makes sure that all of your questions are answered. He is very thorough and takes his time to get to know his patients.

Description of Work
I saw him for a check-up.

06/04/2013

went well

Description of Work
hypertension

06/17/2012

The appointment went well. The one dissappointing thing was that the lab had gone down during the day, so the dr. didn't have my results to discuss with me in the office. We did talk about some other things and later in the day, his nurse called with the lab report and recommendations the dr had based on the results.

Description of Work
I went for my annual check up. Lab work in the morning, followed by an afternoon appointment. Everyone, from the lab tech to the doctor were wonderful to deal with. The office staff is very friendly and helpful.

Category internist

General internal medicine, adult health care & preventative medicine.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available